Poll: Did you rejoin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, logged back into FFXIV which has been an off and on thing for me since 2013. With an upcoming expansion there, I will probably take the rest of the year off in WoW unless they pull a magical super rabbit out of their ass in 8.2/5
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I considered it, just to sell my stuff and send the gold and mats to IRL friends. Almost all have left, the two that remained left the servers i played on so that was not even an option. I will see what the reviews of Classic are and consider then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1, Agreed. World is dead as hell right now. Sharding/CRZ just makes it look populated.
    2. Of course it's not engaging. They have to keep people playing the D3 RNG fiasco to keep people subbed. Which ironically is working against them.
    3. Yep. Azerite is not a rewarding treadmill. It's just 3 ilvls to the neck every level and the RNG armor pieces don't help.
    4. Can't comment on group finder but yeah the world is literally designed around solo play now rather than grouping. Which is sad
    5. Classes are in a dismal state. They barely have any depth to them and this whole "class fantasy" thing in the name of pruning is just pathetic.
    I think we're probably agreeing from very different angles here. I like sharding and CRZ, but I also liked the feeling in Legion where I'd get to a quest area and hit the Group Finder button and suddenly have a team to wordlessly co-ordinate with by using our tagging and mobility utility to do the quest faster. It's the same as what we get on Live but there was something natural and ritualistic about Group Finder. They opted to break Group Finder to make you solo quests and make them take longer; rather than buff the quests when you're in a group. Sad really.

I'm also a big fan of RNG. I'm the person they're talking about when they justify it. I'm never going to have the time to sink into the best content. This means I'll be looking to hit my ilvl peak late in each tier. In Legion it was Legendaries, Titanforging and things like the Netherlight Crucible and currencies that were my treadmill. Every Rare mattered. Every treasure mattered. This was the case on the Broken Shore and Argus, especially.

Azerite is actually much better than when I last played. It wasn't something that drove me away but it wasn't very exciting either. Now it's still not very exciting but at least it's not as tedious. I immediately got a few piece that were much better (ilvl aside) than what I had: The central node buffing the other effects is much better than a flat +5 ilvl buff, even if that's just technically a UI change. Showing me that information makes me conscious of it. This is why Blizzard needs a better UX person.

And my class is fine, I'm a Monk, pruning is no issue for me. But they nerfed my Mastery and they took away Legendary effects that made my class more fun and smoother to play. And there's small issues that have been in the game for a few years now which still haven't been fixed. So they either disagree it's a problem or haven't made time to fix it... Both of which are kind of a bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Imagine playing WoW as a PvP game, it's literally one of the worst/lowest skill cap pvp games you can pick. At least play something that has proper PvP in it.
    Your gatekeeping is toxic and unbelievably ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I had time yesterday but decided to skip it.
    If it is still active this evening, I might log for nostalgia sake.

Wasn't even aware there was a free weekend ffs

Nope, FFXIV fanfest happened and if i'm only subbing to one game i know which has my interest right now.

Well I finished all the content I missed the last 4 months in 3 days, so I ain't coming back.

I did a couple of islands (for the first time) and went from lvl 116->117. So. Um.

In all reality, if I rejoin it'll be for the guild. Hopefully 8.2 takes WoW out of it's stale state.

Sidenote: If they removed Nathanos I'd happily pay for a month

I logged in, completed all story quests and then it were just the same old world quests to do. Granted I haven't done BoA but I am not really into lfr. Overall experience was kinda chillaxing and nice from nostalgia piont of view but that ain't enough for me.

You can't do any relevant content in just two days... You can barely mm0.
    If you do LFR to see if raids are ok, then you'll probably quit. LFR is just a stupid zergfest and has always been

Cant convince you of something you are not going to do

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Well I finished all the content I missed the last 4 months in 3 days, so I ain't coming back.
    Wow you've tried the new m+ affix and cleaned Jaina HM (I dont even speak about Mythic) in 3 days ?
    Brawlers guild, mini-pet dungeon ?

Azerites lvl are more than just ilvl on the neck, all the azerite traits gains some numbers too...

90% of posts in this thread will be "wow is dead, retail sucks, "classes are unplayable" (yeah because you can judge all classes on a 2 day trial period...), I'm waiting for Classic" ...)

People can judge the "gear threadmill" in just two days... /Facepalm
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-03-25 at 10:22 AM.

It was alright. Caught up with my guildies made some plans for when we are all coming back for classic. As for the patch itself the story seemed weak though I managed the whole raid on heroic was honestly pretty fun. That said I don't think I will be coming back just to clear mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    You only call it biased because it's not going to reflect how you want it too because people have realized the games garbage.

OT

No didn't even install the launcher as nothing has changed since I quit back in September classes are still very gutted and shallow.
    Well said.

If t doesn't line up with some peoples definition of "WoW best MMO and Blizz do no wrong" then it's suddenly biased.

But if the whole poll voted yes it wouldn't have been?

Some people just can't accept that the majority don't like the state of the game right now I guess.

I played a bit. Did the new raid in LFR, did emissary quests etc, but nothing which would want me to re-sub.

I'll be back for classic, and then dabble back again doing achivements etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice poll, obviuously most people are not even the target audience for the free weekend, but there is no option for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    A bit of a question I think is interesting. With the free weekend coming to a close, the goal was obviously to try to get more people back into the game. Now that its over, or nearly over, the big question is, did you rejoin after trying it out? Personally, I did not. I had paid to get the allied races unlocked last month, and just let my sub run out and didn't come back. Had hopped a new race would revitalize leveling for me, but it sadly didn't.

So, what about you all?
    I wonder, why would anyone come back? In the 6 ish months that BfA has launched the game hasn't Improved. So I don't understand why they would do that, other than coinciding with Allied Races releasing and Tokyo Final Fantasy 14 festival... but those are both shiz reasons. You could've done that In Pandaria when the last race was released that just let you buy the expansion and play the race right away Instead of grinding for It. And the free weekend doesn't let you experience anything new.

The game Is the same shit It's been since WoD. Multitudes worse In BfA and nothing has changed to make It better. At LAUNCH they knew they screwed up Azerite Armor and will make a big fix for It in 8.2 .... which Is 8 months away from launch give or take. They KNEW It's a problem and didn't do the fix right away to make people happy because they don't care, they've lost their passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    That’s where you’re very wrong the free weekend was to convince older players to return to the game by a taster session so they were the perfect target audience just looks like it didn’t work with most players here.
    Again, why would older players return If the same problems since launch have persisted? It's so confusing, you can't even grind for new content with this opportunity. To me the target audience was anyone stupid enough to buy a sub from the tidbit of the game, as well as seeing people abuse the XP potion and subbing to the game because they think that's normal and they can level that quickly as well.

It's deceptive.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2019-03-25 at 04:06 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

¨LUL it convinced me to stay away even more

Nope....

I dont even miss the game. If anything I am angry about the current design direction, and just refuse to pay for something I do not enjoy anymore. For me this all started around WOD and its been down hill since. I made the decision 3 months ago to pull the plug, and I dont see any reason to come back at this point. It would take some major design changes to draw me back...