Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Teldrassil happened just this year mate.
    Point is the Player and Sylvanas hand in hand burned it down.
    The Horde continues to support Sylvanas and everything she does.
    I as a player didn't have a hand in that actully. During the time when the questchain was released I was unsubbed, so I never did that questchain which lead up to the Burning of the Teldrassil, even if I hade the possibility to do the quest chain, I wouldn't do it, since I don't want to support Sylvanas in the burning of the Teldrassil.

I am just sad and tired that the Horde/Sylvanas keeps doing all the villainous stuff over and over and over, and also that everyone just tags along and don't do anything about it. Back in WC3 and in vanilla it was a bit more grayish between all races, no one wasn't truely right or wrong, and the Horde motivation was more of honour and survival(Yes, I am one of those "mUh hOnOuR" people). And the Alliance even hade a few questionable actions around them! But now it's just dumb storytelling and I feel extremly alienated from my faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did the Alliance burn a whole population center down?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone hate on sylvanas so much she's a #$%^ undead banshee they are neutral-unlawful yes but they are still not full evil.. besides she's the sexiest of the three sisters... thats my take on her.. always my waifu warchief.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

When did the Alliance burn a whole population center down?
    Well there was the time Proudmore decided to take his fleet and wipe the darkspear out. Or the time SI:7 decided the entire population of bilgewater survivors weren't worth allowing to live because they might have seen them capturing thrall.

Oh you mean specifically BURN a city to the ground rather than attacking with intent to wipe the target off the face of Azeroth killing everyone?

edit:

Want to include the 'almost but not quite' options like the time Jaina went ham on orgrimmar with the focusing iris. Starting fights with Thunderbluff because they can't quite do anything abuot orgrimmar and scattering townsfolk into the wilds. Slaughtering civlians as part of the warcampaign because Gallywix was along the way....

I mean you want to act like one faction is CLEARLY the side an order of paladins upholding moral oaths of goodness would ever want to back, and yeah Teldrassil is a real motivating reason... but don't act like Stormwind's hands are clean.

Originally I was just wondering why, as the leader of the Silverhand, My paladin wound up fighting against them for no otherwise explained reason. But it seems there won't be one provided by the story for the time being.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-04-07 at 10:34 PM.

Horde players should get more QoL improvements in storytelling and also an unique mount for playing BFA. To alliance player dunno, give then some flashy pony and call a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Well there was the time Proudmore decided to take his fleet and wipe the darkspear out. Or the time SI:7 decided the entire population of bilgewater survivors weren't worth allowing to live because they might have seen them capturing thrall.

Oh you mean specifically BURN a city to the ground rather than attacking with intent to wipe the target off the face of Azeroth killing everyone?

edit:

Want to include the 'almost but not quite' options like the time Jaina went ham on orgrimmar with the focusing iris. Starting fights with Thunderbluff because they can't quite do anything abuot orgrimmar and scattering townsfolk into the wilds. Slaughtering civlians as part of the warcampaign because Gallywix was along the way....

I mean you want to act like one faction is CLEARLY the side an order of paladins upholding moral oaths of goodness would ever want to back, and yeah Teldrassil is a real motivating reason... but don't act like Stormwind's hands are clean.

Originally I was just wondering why, as the leader of the Silverhand, My paladin wound up fighting against them for no otherwise explained reason. But it seems there won't be one provided by the story for the time being.
    I am surprised you did not bring up more memes like Taurajo.
    There is no story yet and there may not be.

Honestly the idea that Knights of Silverhand would welcome Blood Elves, Zanadalri Prelate or Tauren Sunwalkers into their ranks is just idiotic.
    But we needed the Horde player sent somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Teldrassil doesn't make the entirety of the Horde evil, either. I don't agree with it, and many in the Horde don't agree with it, but the Horde isn't a monolith that can be judged on the actions of a handful of leaders anymore than the Alliance would become 100% evil as a group if the roles were reversed.
    The whole idea behind the Horde is that it is a monolith. After all, every member of the Horde swore the Blood Oath of the Horde:

"I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command."

By taking this oath every Horde member in a way (blindly) accepts their Warchief's decisions and the results. I wonder how Forsaken can reconcile this with free will but then maybe Forsaken don't really have free will

So the Horde may not be evil out of principle but it's core principles make it almost inevitable that it will do evil deeds.

After all "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

Honestly the idea that Knights of Silverhand would welcome Blood Elves, Zanadalri Prelate or Tauren Sunwalkers into their ranks is just idiotic.
    But we needed the Horde player sent somewhere.
    Yet they DID (blood knights and sunwalkers) and were likely LEAD by those until bfa.

The fact that there's no story elaborating on this shift is insulting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except the Alliance did not reciprocate. The Alliance started the hostilities, as is its custom. The Alliance first came in conflict with Zul in Cata. Where they listened to Vol'jin's warning and attacked the Zandalari (and, mostly, their new allies) before any of them even sneezed in Alliance's general direction.
    You mean where Vol´jin sended a troll to say "Please Alliance help us getting rid of those bad trolls over there"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    The whole idea behind the Horde is that it is a monolith. After all, every member of the Horde swore the Blood Oath of the Horde:

"I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command."

By taking this oath every Horde member in a way (blindly) accepts their Warchief's decisions and the results. I wonder how Forsaken can reconcile this with free will but then maybe Forsaken don't really have free will

So the Horde may not be evil out of principle but it's core principles make it almost inevitable that it will do evil deeds.

After all "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
    Being beholden to the Warchief doesn't render the Horde a monolith - that oath can be interpreted any number of ways, to a varying degrees of extent, and can also be completely suspended in cases where a given Warchief renders themselves illegitimate (e.g. the majority of the Horde citizens who turned against Warchief Garrosh). The Blood Oath has been proven not to be an inviolable doctrine, and while it does serve to cement an exceedingly strong loyalty to the office of Warchief it can indeed be set aside and it does have limits.

I am also a proponent of the maxim that it is not power that corrupts. Power is a concept and idea that can't, in and of itself, do anything - power doesn't corrupt, it is just magnetic to the corruptible. Those who seek power are often the very individuals that are ill-suited to it and who will subsequently misuse it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    You mean where Vol´jin sended a troll to say "Please Alliance help us getting rid of those bad trolls over there"?
    Is this supposed to change anything in what I said, or...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Sometimes I believe, Alliance players want Horde palyers actually locked up in Real Life prisons for the horrendous crime of not being on the side of the Alliance or something like that. Talking about how some people overtune their feelings for a ficitonal story.