Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Teldrassil doesn't make the entirety of the Horde evil, either. I don't agree with it, and many in the Horde don't agree with it, but the Horde isn't a monolith that can be judged on the actions of a handful of leaders anymore than the Alliance would become 100% evil as a group if the roles were reversed.
    The whole idea behind the Horde is that it is a monolith. After all, every member of the Horde swore the Blood Oath of the Horde:

"I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command."

By taking this oath every Horde member in a way (blindly) accepts their Warchief's decisions and the results. I wonder how Forsaken can reconcile this with free will but then maybe Forsaken don't really have free will

So the Horde may not be evil out of principle but it's core principles make it almost inevitable that it will do evil deeds.

After all "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Honestly the idea that Knights of Silverhand would welcome Blood Elves, Zanadalri Prelate or Tauren Sunwalkers into their ranks is just idiotic.
    But we needed the Horde player sent somewhere.
    Yet they DID (blood knights and sunwalkers) and were likely LEAD by those until bfa.

The fact that there's no story elaborating on this shift is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except the Alliance did not reciprocate. The Alliance started the hostilities, as is its custom. The Alliance first came in conflict with Zul in Cata. Where they listened to Vol'jin's warning and attacked the Zandalari (and, mostly, their new allies) before any of them even sneezed in Alliance's general direction.
    You mean where Vol´jin sended a troll to say "Please Alliance help us getting rid of those bad trolls over there"?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    The whole idea behind the Horde is that it is a monolith. After all, every member of the Horde swore the Blood Oath of the Horde:

"I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command."

By taking this oath every Horde member in a way (blindly) accepts their Warchief's decisions and the results. I wonder how Forsaken can reconcile this with free will but then maybe Forsaken don't really have free will

So the Horde may not be evil out of principle but it's core principles make it almost inevitable that it will do evil deeds.

After all "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
    Being beholden to the Warchief doesn't render the Horde a monolith - that oath can be interpreted any number of ways, to a varying degrees of extent, and can also be completely suspended in cases where a given Warchief renders themselves illegitimate (e.g. the majority of the Horde citizens who turned against Warchief Garrosh). The Blood Oath has been proven not to be an inviolable doctrine, and while it does serve to cement an exceedingly strong loyalty to the office of Warchief it can indeed be set aside and it does have limits.

I am also a proponent of the maxim that it is not power that corrupts. Power is a concept and idea that can't, in and of itself, do anything - power doesn't corrupt, it is just magnetic to the corruptible. Those who seek power are often the very individuals that are ill-suited to it and who will subsequently misuse it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - The Player, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    You mean where Vol´jin sended a troll to say "Please Alliance help us getting rid of those bad trolls over there"?
    Is this supposed to change anything in what I said, or...?

Sometimes I believe, Alliance players want Horde palyers actually locked up in Real Life prisons for the horrendous crime of not being on the side of the Alliance or something like that. Talking about how some people overtune their feelings for a ficitonal story.