Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

What to Expect in Patch 8.2 - Rise of Azshara

What to Expect in Patch 8.2 - Rise of Azshara
    It has been several months since Blizzcon 2018's reveal of what is coming in Patch 8.2 - Rise of Azshara and so we decided to give you a little run down of what to expect for WoW's next patch!

• New Landmass - Nazjatar
      • The naga are starting to make major attacks along the shores of Kul Tiras and Zandalar. The Alliance and Horde set sail for the great blue beyond to discover a chasm in the ocean surrounded by waterfalls, leading to the capital of the naga empire.
        • New Story Quests
          • Take the fight directly to Azshara herself
        • New Friends
          • Horde meet a group of former naga slaves (consisting of Makrura, Gilbin, and Sea Giants) held up in a cave trying to survive
          • Alliance meet the Ankoan, a deep sea tribe mostly wiped out by the naga who have dedicated their lives to slaying them.
        • Replayable Content
          • Team is taking inspiration from the best parts of past content zones
          • There will be a tower control point system that is both PvE or PvP in which areas of the map can be controlled by the naga, Horde, or Alliance.
          • The goal is that over the course of playing through the patch there are new things to see everyday.
        • New Foes
          • Old God minions
          • New Naga spellcasters
        • New Rewards, Mounts, and Pets
          • Naga themed weapons and armor sets
          • Crab mount that walk sideways
          • Seahorse mount that is literally a horse mixed with a seahorse.
          • Baby Naga pet
    • New Raid - Azshara's Eternal Palace
      • 8 boss raid
        • Fights include:
          • Naga Hatchery
          • Underwater Boss
          • Queen Azshara Fight
    • New Landmass - Mechagon
      • A previously closed vault in Kul Tiras has opened and within it a radio transmitter sends a signal for help and points to a new land to explore.
      • Ancient lost city of the gnomes
      • The beginning of the adventure is within the Junker Wastes where heroes will be beset by death robots.
      • Mechagnomes will be heavily involved in this story.
        • They introduce you to a whole new society and take you to where higher cast gnomes live who have dedicated themselves to their king and have embraced robotics.
        • They are hunted by robots.
      • King Mechangon has a vision to return anyone of flesh into more pure robotic parts and it's up to you to put a stop to him.
    • New Mega Dungeon - Mechagon
      • 8 bosses
      • Similar to Legion's Karazhan in size.
      • It is mythic difficulty only
      • New mounts and pets to collect inside
      • King Mechagon is the final boss.
    • War Campaign Continues
      • See what is next story wise for Sylvanas, Saurfang, Anduin and Jaina.
      • Magni's quest to save Azeroth will also continue.
    • New Heritage Armor
      • Tauren and Gnomes are next to receive Heritage Armor.
    • New Island Expedition Maps
      • Crestfall (from Warcraft II)
      • Snowblossom (Pandaren Village)
    • Heroic Warfronts
      • Higher Difficulty with higher rewards.
      • These are for teams of 10+ players and there is a possibility to lose.
    • Flying!
      • Pathfinder Part 2 achievement to unlock flying
      • Bee, Gryphon, and Mechanical Parrot mounts.
    • BfA Mythic + Season 3
      • Nazjatar themed seasonal affix
      • Item level increase
    • PvP
      • New Arena Map- Mechagon Arena
      • Season 3 Vicious Mount is the basilisk.
    • Miscellaneous
      • Every item slot except pants will be able to be hidden via transmog.
      • A portal to Caverns of Time is being added to the portal rooms.
      • A UI update will add pathfinding directions to quests that take place on other continents.

Call me pessimistic... but I fear this content comes too late.

Oh look. Some content that should have been in at launch or 8.1!

"Take the fight directly to Azshara herself"

You mean take the fight to her after 7-14 weeks of timegating where only the last week actually has any story related to the patch?

Yeah I ain't falling for the Broken Shore 2.0 again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called a hippocampus, jeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    You aren't being pessimistic. The game is in quite a state atm with players leaving left, right and centre.

And sadly a good chunk of the content barring Nazjatar should have been in launch or 8.1.

Also what an actual spit in the face to oldschool Warcraft fans making Crestfall an Island Expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    MMO forums are full of nothing but pessimistic trash so I am sure you're amongst good company at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the neck rework dramatically improves class design. I want to try 8.2, but I need a fun class to get me there.

Why should the Naz'jatar content have been in 8.1?
    Do people start to act stupid on purpose when they are desperate for bashing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Do people start to act stupid on purpose when they are desperate for bashing the game?
    Please reread what I wrote. I said barring Nazjatar. Aka except Nazjatar and obviously all the new season stuff.

It's just a shame they're wasting Azshara in a throwaway patch like this. She easily could have carried an expansion, and would have made for a way better villain than rehashing Garrosh with Sylvanas.

Not sure why Blizz is so eager to get rid of their last remaining lore villain. You'd think they'd be milking her all they could.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    some people are just delusional about there hate of the game at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    It's just a shame they're wasting Azshara in a throwaway patch like this. She easily could have carried an expansion, and would have made for a way better villain than rehashing Garrosh with Sylvanas.

Not sure why Blizz is so eager to get rid of their last remaining lore villain. You'd think they'd be milking her all they could.
    You are under the impression Blizzard make good design decisions as of late?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post

She could get away or something silly too though!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    She could get away or something silly too though!
    She gets sucked into a void portal and becomes the villain of the first raid of a better expansion just like Gul'dan.... Wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    She gets sucked into a void portal and becomes the villain of the first raid of a better expansion just like Gul'dan.... Wait.
    Or we could do WoD 2.0 alternate timeline!!!>!>!

Is this it? This is pathetic amount of content, nothing of substance here at all, game is dead. Bring on the shit show that will be Vanilla, only Blizzard will ruin that as well because they can't do anything right at all!

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Is this it? This is pathetic amount of content, nothing of substance here at all, game is dead. Bring on the shit show that will be Vanilla, only Blizzard will ruin that as well because they can't do anything right at all!
    Amount of content BFA has is actually fine though.

It's the quality of most of it's content right now that is the issue.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    pathetic compared to what? most patches don't give us dungeons, raids, two new areas, and make existing content more rewarding.

Absolute snoozefest

lmao the only way id come back to WoW is if they made it a first person shooter

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? It takes a special kind of blind hatred to read that list and think it is a small amount of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Amount of content BFA has is actually fine though.

It's the quality of most of it's content right now that is the issue.
    Pretty much, though the quality is hardly trash worthy. it's just mediocre.