Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Nope, you are not being objective and you know it. Sorry, buddy, but you seem to be burnt by something there and you need to put some ice on the spot.
    Perhaps "objective" wasn't the right word. Honest would have been a better choice. As for the people who defending the game, you'll notice how many of them resort to personal attacks instead of discussing the state of the game? That should tell you everything a person needs to know.

And like I said before: If a person wants to get into WoW again, go in with eyes open. How many people only want the initial experience, especially when one of the mottos of WoW for its entire life has been "The game doesn't start until level cap"?

My point stands: A person looking to get back into WoW will be better served by waiting for 8.2. BfA in its current state is not worth the time, money, or effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    My point stands: A person looking to get back into WoW will be better served by waiting for 8.2. BfA in its current state is not worth the time, money, or effort.
    That's like your opinion, one I do not share due to reasons I stated. There is plenty to do in BfA and whatever grievances you have only can have place after person chews through it all, which is definitely worth the asking price, especially because it's continuation of Warcraft story, which OP might want to experience given OP's past and interests stated.

8.2 is an icing on a cake, there will be another batch of content there and it would only make sense that person rolls into it with BfA story done to have an idea of what is going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, I mean, let's state the obvious - to even play 8.2 you still need to buy BfA, so what's the point waiting anyway instead of actually playing the game now and getting up to speed for 8.2?

Perhaps "objective" wasn't the right word. Honest would have been a better choice. As for the people who defending the game, you'll notice how many of them resort to personal attacks instead of discussing the state of the game? That should tell you everything a person needs to know.

And like I said before: If a person wants to get into WoW again, go in with eyes open. How many people only want the initial experience, especially when one of the mottos of WoW for its entire life has been "The game doesn't start until level cap"?

And here is GOD descending down from the havens, letting people know that WoW is bad because he said so.
    None shalt buy the game that SirCowdog can't afford.

Chill, dog.

We get it, you don't like the game. We get it. Gotta calm that god-complex tho.
    Why are you still on a WoW fanpage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolopolo View Post
    Thinking about actually taking the plunge and purchasing this game as im rather bored and have actually fancied a game of warcraft lately. Thing is though i want to start a fresh new char but im lead to understand i cant just pick up a Dark Iron dwarf or a Kul Trian is that right? If they need unlocking could anyone give me a rough time scale as to how long it would take to get either of these races? I am a veteran player btw so have max level Legion classes if that helps on rep grinds etc but prefer to ignore those if possible and start from level 1.

Thanks in advance.
    Two weeks to level 110-120, 2 more months for exalted.

That's like your opinion
    And I've given my reasons for that opinion, along with the caveat that the OP should do their own research and come to their own conclusions. Are you trying to prove me wrong or something? Good luck. We've both argued with each other long enough to know that nothing good comes from that.

Heck, I mean, let's state the obvious - to even play 8.2 you still need to buy BfA, so what's the point waiting anyway instead of actually playing the game now and getting up to speed for 8.2?
    Because waiting to see if 8.2 fixes the problems that currently afflict the expansion? o_O

And I've given my reasons for that opinion, along with the caveat that the OP should do their own research and come to their own conclusions. Are you trying to prove me wrong or something? Good luck. We've both argued with each other long enough to know that nothing good comes from that.

Because waiting to see if 8.2 fixes the problems that currently afflict the expansion? o_O
    What problems?

Can you actually give some review on some actual problems, y'know, that you experienced yourself and are not just rehashed asmongold/preach/whoever opinions about the game? I haven't seen anything constructive from you yet. Just vague claims like "uuuh content is baaad". Give us content bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What problems?

Can you actually give some review on some actual problems, y'know, that you experienced yourself and are not just rehashed asmongold/preach/whoever opinions about the game? I haven't seen anything constructive from you yet. Just vague claims like "uuuh content is baaad". Give us content bruh.
    Given the personal attacks, I doubt that would lead anywhere good.

10+ Year Old Account

Often the imaginary problems. I mean, your list was more salt than reality, for example.

It was literally "I hate all the things" meme level, really. Come on, man?

We get it, you hate BfA and you hate evil corporate Ion and Blizzard supposedly making games for shareholders and not players, but as some poster above stated - it's a you thing that might not be a OP thing at all. It's neither objective and not really honest either, seeing you are not even playing the damned thing.

Often the imaginary problems. I mean, your list was more salt than reality, for example.

It was literally "I hate all the things" meme level, really. Come on, man?

We get it, you hate BfA and you hate evil corporate Ion and Blizzard supposedly making games for shareholders and not players, but as some poster above stated - it's a you thing that might not be a OP thing at all. It's neither objective and not really honest either, seeing you are not even playing the damned thing.
    Amen bruda.

But beware, GOD may unleash his wrath upon you for such heresy.

- - - Updated - - -

Given the personal attacks, I doubt that would lead anywhere good.
    It's fine, then just give us your main's armory link.

We can judge by that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I would advise to wait until 9.0, the next expansion at least, or like the end of BfA before returning to the game, as of right now everything Is pointless to grind, you'd have to grind lots of reps and quests that are also time gated because Blizz has a boner for those lately. Just wait before you come back on, as of right now the game Is pretty bad and I doubt It'll get better until the next expansion personally, by how much that depends on Blizzard and If they wanna listen to player feedback.

I've dabbled into Final Fantasy 14 and doing some research on that, and trust me, Square Enix despite some of their own faults and mistakes In the past, took that MMO that launched In 2010, shut It down in 2012 In the most epic way and brought the game back years later WITH player feedback In mind and changed It.

And you know what, If Blizzard wants to do another WoD content draught style thing, let them. Just do It Blizzard, as long as you change your shiz up and listen to player feedback. Because last time you did a content draught you gave us a piece of grindy shiz called Legion, for the last three expansions It's been nothing but the worst expansions this game has ever seen.
    I wouldn't listen to anyone who doesn't play the game.

OP, if you want to come back, come back. Now is as good as time as any. Apart from a mini raid, there is nothing new which means the content is well understood, mats are cheaper, and you have enough time to get to 390+ ilvl before next patch. I haven't even cleared normal and I don't do M+ and I'm 395. There will probably be enough time to get to 410+ with M+. It might suck but it is important to be on a level playing field before the next patch otherwise you will just miss out.

If you wait till 8.2 then you better have a group of friends to play with. If you don't than wait till 9.0, use the four weeks to find some friends or guild and then start fresh in 9.0.1.

FYI: There is zero evidence that Blizzard will unlock allied races in 9.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Do yourself a favor and play something else.

Unless you want to experience the current raid with current ILvL I would suggest coming back in about 4-5 weeks or come back into it slowly and pick a few toons to try. The amount of time it'll take for you to catch up (but not time invested into max gearing a toon) will be perfect for the drop of 8.2 (which might be the largest patch non .0 patch ever (maybe)). Then I say try a few toons cause it will be a jarring experience going from legion class design to current.
    It really will not take you anytime to unlock the allied races. You could probably unlock them all from scratch in a matter of 5 weeks or so.

Nah dude don't do it. The ship has sailed on wow being good to play in 2019... now its a bad taste in your mouth if you tell anyone you play wow in the current year.

BfA released August 14th and I unlocked Dark Irons on August 26th, and they've made it even easier to do now that the war campaign gives the necessary reputation.

BfA is a pretty amazing expansion, second only to Mists of Pandaria imo, so I'd encourage you to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What problems?

Here's some:

Overall class design is terrible, though to be fair this has been a constant source of degradation for numerous expansions now.
    GCD changes were terrible,unwarranted, and generally removed one of the only huge advantages this game had over its contemporaries (combat fluidity)
    Dungeons are largely forgettable, with just a few exceptions, and have a bit too much trash in them.
    Leveling is rather disjointed in many areas.
    Environment art isn't bad, but not really up to Legion levels. Armor / weapon art, overall, is a letdown.
    Azerite acquisition is terribly implemented (even after the fixes), and nowhere near as rewarding as the Legion version (which itself grew rather tedious).
    Island expeditions are very poorly implemented
    Warfronts are fairly poorly implemented, and do little other than encouraging afk'ers
    World PvP isn't terrible, but server changes generally do a bad job of keeping up with player populations from 1 side to the next.
    New sub-races are a giant fucking scam, for reasons well documented here.
    Numerous NPC's are poorly placed, and flat out confusing in some areas.
    Rep grinding is the absolute definition of tedium, and fairly unavoidable if you want to play one of the new sub-races.

While there's some interesting elements to the game, they're all so minor it makes no dent in the rest of the problems. This is nearly a WoD-tier expansion in terms of crappiness, and the only worthwhile element so far has been the story they're trying to tell (despite the mailed-in eeevul Sylvanas trope). The cut scenes are damn good, and worth watching sequentially.

Overall score = skip / 10.

nononononononono dont do ittt

- - - Updated - - -

Buy FFXIV /10chars

Getting Dark Irons should take you a couple weeks at most, now tons of activities gives 7th Legion reputation; the Emissary of course, but also faction invasions, islands, Warfront quests, War Campaign quests give you a boatload now, and also quests on Zandalar for the Alliance grant 250 rep each.

Kul Tirans require Proodmoore Admiralty, which has fewer reputation sources and you need to complete the War Campaign which is tied to 7th Legion rep anyway. Expect a good 4+ weeks for them.

Overall I'd say that if you're a casual player that mostly cares about leveling and questing, there's no reason not to jump in. On that front BfA is no worse than any other expansion. If you plan for more serious endgame shenanigans, I'd wait until we see what 8.2 has to offer.

Complete all 3 zones to get Jaina quest to unlock. IMO it's a treat as Alliance, BFA did right by Jaina.
    Cool what if you hate Jaina? Guess you are SOL.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Cool what if you hate Jaina? Guess you are SOL.
    As Alliance player, which OP is? Don't see why it would be the case after BfA quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    From 110? You can EASILY get to 120. I would assume anyone intelligent would be starting from 110 since a boost is included.
    You really need to read the entire post thread before you comment. The person I quoted claims you can level from 1-120 in 1 day