Thread: Warrior Healing

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warrior Healing

Seems like not everyone I bring it up to agrees so thought I would make a forum post in hopes of getting a more stimulating response than trade chat can offer. Does anyone else feel like Arms warriors need some love in the healing department? Most content I prefer to play Arms and for the longest time I refused to play Fury just out of loyalty to my favorite spec but now I feel like in order for me to quest with Warmode on I need to be in fury just because of the healing the spec can offer. Fury still has Enraged Regen, Azerite Traits and multiple PVP talents that can bolster their healing and even Bloodthirst gives 5% of their health back on a less than 5 second cd but Arms only gets Victory Rush. It seems like Arms could benefit from some form of healing ability even if its something like Bloodthirst. Would it really be that bad if Arms had a small baseline heal or a PVP talent that could work similar to Fury's Battle Trance? Maybe Rally could make Victory Rush usable without killing a target but it would have a 3-4 Second CD? I'd obviously like to be able to heal more frequently like Fury but even being able to have a temporary healing cd every 2-3 minutes doesnt seem like it should be that OP and it might make Arms duels possible again.

Is there no love for the Arms spec?

So long as every other dps has some form of decent self healing the only right answer is "Yes".
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Impending Victory should be baseline.

I would agree, Arms also has the least PvP talents so if nothing else Blizzard should throw something in there. It just seems like there are so many options that can help Arms its hard to believe nothing has occurred yet. What about a passive called Warmaster's Pride- While Colossus Smash/ Warbreaker is active X amount of leech is granted healing the warrior for a portion of our burst. I do think we should have some baseline healing but honestly I would be happy with any kind of love we can receive in the healing department. Arms can do some decent damage but its not so strong that other specs couldn't compete if we had slight healing like the other 35 specs. I'm obviously new to posting here so I am not sure what triggers a blue to see a post, is it based more off of replies or is there anything else that can be done to try to get feedback? I think this is a fair topic to discuss and if there are valid reasons why Arms shouldn't be able to heal I would like to at least gain some insight on why that might be.

Remove self healing for all dps specs, problem solved.

Not that I would object if that was the route of balance that Blizzard decided to go but that might make more people upset than if they just gave one more spec sustainability.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    Remove self healing for all dps specs, problem solved.
    This is fine if you give all dps specs the mobility and evasiveness of mages & rogues, otherwise you just make some specs completely unplayable in pvp, if you like that, classic is coming with all it's useless specs, HEAL OR GTFO!

I miss mage ice block healing

Second Wind is way better than people give it credit for, especially when questing. Take Second Wind as a talent, problem solved.

Yes, second wind is great for the lowest level of content in the game but completely worthless past that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Yes, second wind is great for the lowest level of content in the game but completely worthless past that.
    I disagree with that. It is perfect for world questing, you're basically always at 100%. Between that and Victory Rush / Impending Victory I've got quite a bit of healing. Just be strategic and kill the lowest health enemy to proc Victory Rush repeatedly.

I've even used Second Wind in dungeons and raids: Restores 6% health every 1 sec when you have not taken damage for 5 sec.

There are many times where you don't take damage for 5 sec and it's actually pretty buggy, a lot of damage in dungeons and raids won't cancel it.

I'll say that I actually do disagree with this. Don't get me wrong, Arms definitely doesn't have all the tools it needs to keep up with other class spec's right now, but I don't think yet another heal is the right situation. Utility is the second or third biggest way you carve out spec identity (after core rotation, and maybe equal with cooldowns) so you can achieve a lot of fun with it.

Arms currently has this row of talents:

Now, most of you are going to correctly pick Bounding Stride for all situations and never use the other two. Except maybe Defensive Stance for certain soak mechanics in some encounters. I suggest that adding a passive amount of Leech to Second Wind, Speed to Bounding Stride and Avoidance to Defensive Stance would actually make the whole row more of a choice and boost Arms' lacklustre utility a bit.

From there, with just a small amount of Leech, you can look at ways to significantly increase Arms' durability through options such as a Parry buff or a damage absorption or a glancing blows mechanic or an armour buff or even a mini-stagger (like Monks have) which will reduce damage taken overall when directly tanking something whilst a bit of Leech does the work. Then you've got further design room for things like we had in Legion where Mortal Strike could have an additional chance to Leech or Overpower causes you to Deflect the next 2 attacks against you etc.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lenek View Post
    I disagree with that. It is perfect for world questing, you're basically always at 100%. Between that and Victory Rush / Impending Victory I've got quite a bit of healing. Just be strategic and kill the lowest health enemy to proc Victory Rush repeatedly.

I've even used Second Wind in dungeons and raids: Restores 6% health every 1 sec when you have not taken damage for 5 sec.

There are many times where you don't take damage for 5 sec and it's actually pretty buggy, a lot of damage in dungeons and raids won't cancel it.
    He said it's good for the lowest level of content (leveling, world quests etc.) and garbage for everything else (raids, m+, arena, bgs etc.) and he isn't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    He said it's good for the lowest level of content (leveling, world quests etc.) and garbage for everything else (raids, m+, arena, bgs etc.) and he isn't wrong.
    I'm saying I disagree. Try it out, it's much better than you think. I have used it in all kinds of content and it has saved me countless times. I'd much rather be an alive warrior than a dead one with a shorter heroic leap cd (Bounding Strike).

That's just my opinion. The guides online are just that... guides. Often they are just opinions...they aren't the only way to play the game. For me, having more self healing makes the game more enjoyable so that's what I pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizardwolf7 View Post
    Seems like not everyone I bring it up to agrees so thought I would make a forum post in hopes of getting a more stimulating response than trade chat can offer. Does anyone else feel like Arms warriors need some love in the healing department? Most content I prefer to play Arms and for the longest time I refused to play Fury just out of loyalty to my favorite spec but now I feel like in order for me to quest with Warmode on I need to be in fury just because of the healing the spec can offer. Fury still has Enraged Regen, Azerite Traits and multiple PVP talents that can bolster their healing and even Bloodthirst gives 5% of their health back on a less than 5 second cd but Arms only gets Victory Rush. It seems like Arms could benefit from some form of healing ability even if its something like Bloodthirst. Would it really be that bad if Arms had a small baseline heal or a PVP talent that could work similar to Fury's Battle Trance? Maybe Rally could make Victory Rush usable without killing a target but it would have a 3-4 Second CD? I'd obviously like to be able to heal more frequently like Fury but even being able to have a temporary healing cd every 2-3 minutes doesnt seem like it should be that OP and it might make Arms duels possible again.

Is there no love for the Arms spec?
    As a mage main with absolutely 0 natural self healing.... No you don't. Oh sure those Azurite traits are there... everyone has access to them. You're DPS your job is to deal damage and avoid incoming Damage at all costs, exactly what mages were told when we lost our self heals. At least you still have some form of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    As a mage main with absolutely 0 natural self healing.... No you don't. Oh sure those Azurite traits are there... everyone has access to them. You're DPS your job is to deal damage and avoid incoming Damage at all costs, exactly what mages were told when we lost our self heals. At least you still have some form of it.
    Mages have barriers to prevent damage so they have less of a need for self heals. Warrior has no damage absorb OR self heal while every DPS has one or the other (if not both).

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Mages have barriers to prevent damage so they have less of a need for self heals. Warrior has no damage absorb OR self heal while every DPS has one or the other (if not both).
    And Arms has Die by the Sword, Rallying Cry, and can talent Defensive stance. While we're at it, Fury has Bloodthirst 5% Hp on a 4.5 Sec CD, Rallying cry, and Enraged Regeneration, can talent Warpaint. So I fail to see why you need more?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lenek View Post
    Try it out, it's much better than you think. I have used it in all kinds of content and it has saved me countless times.
    No, it's not. I tried to make it work in the past. It's just bad and not reliable.

Also, most guides recommend certain talents for a reason. Second Wind is just too bad in most situations to be picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    This is fine if you give all dps specs the mobility and evasiveness of mages & rogues, otherwise you just make some specs completely unplayable in pvp, if you like that, classic is coming with all it's useless specs, HEAL OR GTFO!
    Also, what do we do about Druids, Shamans, and Paladins who have been healing classes since day 1?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    And Arms has Die by the Sword, Rallying Cry, and can talent Defensive stance. So I fail to see why you need more?
    Try some duels as arms against other specs and you might understand.