Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    No, that's not what this means at all. It just means it wasnt worth pursuing in their eyes. He got a sweetheart plea deal basically and paid a fine.
    "Plea deals" don't involve dropping every charge, they still require pleading guilty to a charge, hence why they're called plea deals.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Just heard he is surrendering his bond
    Rekt.

That says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    No, that's not what this means at all. It just means it wasnt worth pursuing in their eyes. He got a sweetheart plea deal basically and paid a fine.
    Dunno, looks like full exoneration to me. He did not collude to stage a hate crime.

COMPLETE AND TOTAL VINDICATION

Am i doing this right?

US legal and political system really showing how deep their corruption go this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Did he get his bail back?

That's all we need to know if hes guilty or not.
    "agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sorta funny. If a white man had staged an attack on racial grounds and been deemed innocent by a judge all the black people for miles would riot and burn down the city.

So is this the white mans time, to burn down a city?
    Wasn’t there a case last year of some rich white 19 or so year old getting away with rape because it was 15 min of fun or something?

I'm excited to get out there and falsely accuse everyone I don't like. Apparently there's no downside!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way they would let such a high profile case completely go by expunging the charges unless other evidence was submitted by the defense this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Dunno, looks like full exoneration to me. He did not collude to stage a hate crime.
    Then why is he surrenderring his bond of 100000$ ?
    Do you think it's usual for people to just give up that kind of money ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Rekt.

That says it all.
    Agreed. Both sides wanted this to go away. He probably wasn't going to jail anyway, and the bond he already paid was likely more than any fine they would have levied. So this let him walk without pleading guilty and the city gets to recoup some of the money they wasted on this crap without having to go to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wasn’t there a case last year of some rich white 19 or so year old getting away with rape because it was 15 min of fun or something?
    Didn't rape a black chick, otherwise we'd be missing a state due to riots and fires.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I think what happened was the cops compelled some improper testimony and they poisoned the jury pool with the media circus...

State's Attorney was like fuck this shit... He's probably guilty, but we won't be able to have a reasonable trial without completely blowing up the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Is that all it takes to convince you on an internet forum?
    Not initially, so I goggled it. And yes, he did reach an agreement to forfeit his bond.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/kim-f...a-tchen-obama/

Kim Foxx, the Cook County State’s Attorney, tried to convince Chicago police to turn the Jussie Smollett case over to the FBI, Chicago newspapers reported.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the effort by Foxx came after a former Michelle Obama chief of staff reached out to Foxx. The newspaper reported that the chief of staff and lawyer was a supporter of Smollett. She was described as Tina Tchen, “a Chicago attorney and former chief of staff for former First Lady Michelle Obama,” by the Sun-Times.

On March 26, 2019, the Empire actor’s attorneys dramatically revealed that prosecutors had dropped charges against Smollett, who stood accused of faking a hate crime attack. “He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgment,” his lawyers said in a statement. Foxx had not yet commented nor explained the decision. It was a dramatic and stunning about-face in the case, and it’s renewed scrutiny over what happened between Kim Foxx and Tina Tchen. That isn’t sitting well with Chicago police, according to some reports.

Tina Tchen is also close friends with the wife of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, according to The Chicago Tribune, which also reported on the contact. Foxx reached out to the police Superintendent Eddie Johnson after Tina Tchen emailed Foxx “saying the actor’s family had unspecified ‘concerns about the investigation.’”

The Tribune described Tchen as a “close friend of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s wife” who said she “was acting on behalf of” Jussie Smollett and his family. According to The Tribune, a relative “later exchanged texts with Foxx.” The Tribune summarized some of the electronic communications documenting contact as follows:

The newspaper reports that Foxx wrote Tchen on February 1, with the message reportedly saying: “Spoke to the Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation.” Foxx is alo accused of texting the unnamed Smollett relative and writing, “Spoke to the superintendent earlier, he made the ask. Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted.” When the relative wrote back, “Omg this would be a huge victory,” Foxx responded, “I make no guarantees, but I’m trying,” the Tribune reported.

Despite the later dropped charges, Foxx had recused herself from the Smollett case after the messages emerged between her, the Smollett relative, and Tina Tchen, WGN-TV reported.

That led Chicago’s police union to assert that a federal investigation was necessary into her handling of the case. That call for an investigation came on March 19 even before the charges against Smollett were dropped.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Then why is he surrenderring his bond of 100000$ ?
    Do you think it's usual for people to just give up that kind of money ?
    Dunno, probably not worth the hassle. He rich. Wants to put it all behind him and get back to work. Upstanding young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/kim-f...a-tchen-obama/

Kim Foxx, the Cook County State’s Attorney, tried to convince Chicago police to turn the Jussie Smollett case over to the FBI, Chicago newspapers reported.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the effort by Foxx came after a former Michelle Obama chief of staff reached out to Foxx. The newspaper reported that the chief of staff and lawyer was a supporter of Smollett. She was described as Tina Tchen, “a Chicago attorney and former chief of staff for former First Lady Michelle Obama,” by the Sun-Times.

On March 26, 2019, the Empire actor’s attorneys dramatically revealed that prosecutors had dropped charges against Smollett, who stood accused of faking a hate crime attack. “He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgment,” his lawyers said in a statement. Foxx had not yet commented nor explained the decision. It was a dramatic and stunning about-face in the case, and it’s renewed scrutiny over what happened between Kim Foxx and Tina Tchen. That isn’t sitting well with Chicago police, according to some reports.

Tina Tchen is also close friends with the wife of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, according to The Chicago Tribune, which also reported on the contact. Foxx reached out to the police Superintendent Eddie Johnson after Tina Tchen emailed Foxx “saying the actor’s family had unspecified ‘concerns about the investigation.’”

The Tribune described Tchen as a “close friend of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s wife” who said she “was acting on behalf of” Jussie Smollett and his family. According to The Tribune, a relative “later exchanged texts with Foxx.” The Tribune summarized some of the electronic communications documenting contact as follows:

The newspaper reports that Foxx wrote Tchen on February 1, with the message reportedly saying: “Spoke to the Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation.” Foxx is alo accused of texting the unnamed Smollett relative and writing, “Spoke to the superintendent earlier, he made the ask. Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted.” When the relative wrote back, “Omg this would be a huge victory,” Foxx responded, “I make no guarantees, but I’m trying,” the Tribune reported.

Despite the later dropped charges, Foxx had recused herself from the Smollett case after the messages emerged between her, the Smollett relative, and Tina Tchen, WGN-TV reported.

That led Chicago’s police union to assert that a federal investigation was necessary into her handling of the case. That call for an investigation came on March 19 even before the charges against Smollett were dropped.

Hmm...
    Its chicago, corruption and politics mean that same thing there.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, the cops should be sued and the judge should be be sanctioned, If they fucked up and made a mistake after this providing evidence this guy lied and went the other way. My guess is that the cops fucked up again.

And just as I predicted about his story being full of bullshit, I also felt people were rushing to judgement on his guilt or lying as well.

Was his story bullshit? YES

Does that mean he made it all up? NO

Does it mean whatever he didn't want to give up would have shown him involved somehow he would find embarrassing? Likely

Just because He knew the people that did it, just because they were black, doesn't mean something didn't happen, now we likely will never know unless the justice department opens this back up.

If he lied he should go to prison, if the cops fucked up, they should correct the story again.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Its 2019. Its Chicago. He’s a black, gay man with connections to the Obamas and other politicians. Imagine my shock.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Be interesting to see what happens now to the 2 brothers that were paid by this guy to fake attack him.
    Weren't the charges dropped pretty quickly for them? Can they bring that up again after this verdict? Seems a bit weird.