Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    SO did he send the fake anthrax thing or bomb threat or w/e or was that made up? Seems a bit of a serious crime to be able to afluenza away. . .
    That would be up to the feds to pursue i believe, if they so desire it. Maybe its time for a whitehouse.gov petition for President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Because the case was also connected to Kamala Harris and her anti lynching bill which would fit the criteria to be charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Kamala Harris wants to pass the anti lynching bill and her friend Jussie Smollet just so happens to get attacked and nearly lynched. (with noose and everything lol)
    I mean is there any proof she was involved? I had also thought the bill already passed?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    "Jussie Smollett: "I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one"
    What do you think about this statement?
    I think he is a liar, I think the truth in his statement could also mean whatever truth he thinks was relevant vs leaving out whatever he thought wasn't. But honestly if he had told the fucking truth the entire truth he wouldn't have gotten charged.

He broke the law, he lied, we don't know all the laws he broke all of what he lied about or why.

Now we aren't going to, because the police likely lied too,and fucked up, they likely relied on the two guys who Jussie accused and they were fucking liars too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    If your family is friends with the states attorney and other noteworthy Chicago families you can just call in a favor and get them charges dropped.
    No you can't.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    "just fix ur whole government"
    The problem is we have people who vote for corrupt politicans despite the fact look at trump. Dude is literally guilty of everything hillary was suppose have done. It just awesome man. Meritocracy doe and don't you forget it. So happy I have dual citizenship I can get free health abroad if shit hits the fan but the us justice system is fucking garbage.
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2019-03-26 at 04:57 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

This is absolute horseshit to find out, but either way, his career should be ruined.
    WoW Necromancer Concept: Dread: (The Mad Scientist), Faithless: (The Dark Healer), Undeath: (The Shapeshifting Summoner)

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The result, if we're being honest with ourselves, isn't completely unexpected. Celebrities and public figures rarely end up getting punished at the same level your average person would for such activities that were committed here. There's a reason such figures are so brazen when it comes to doing stupid/malicious/etc. activities, as they figure their notoriety (and money) will solve an issues that arise. My initial reaction for the charges being dropped is that this was a plea deal, in the interest of not spending tons of money on taking the case to court for the long haul despite Smollet being guilty (and the records are sealed, so we won't know). If this above statement is true, this heavily indicates that a plea deal was done. Doesn't mean I or the Chicago PD think that this result is appropriate.
    His attorney says there was no deal struck.

At a post hearing press conference, Patricia Holmes, attorney for Jussie Smollett, says the state made a legal decision to seal the records and drop the charges.

She clarified it is “not part of a deferred prosecution” and there “is no deal.”
    I'm not sure how that statement stacks up with the fact he forfeited his bond though.

Well well well.

Something about a lot of comments aging poorly.

SO did he send the fake anthrax thing or bomb threat or w/e or was that made up? Seems a bit of a serious crime to be able to afluenza away. . .
    That would be federal crime that can still be prosecuted. Not double jeopardy since separate incident and was not included in this one. If the govt goes for him, they would wait until after the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    That would be federal crime that can still be prosecuted. Not double jeopardy since separate incident and was not included in this one. If the govt goes for him, they would wait until after the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    That would be up to the feds to pursue i believe, if they so desire it. Maybe its time for a whitehouse.gov petition for President Trump
    Fair cop, I read :

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    So apparently all charges on Jussie were droped somehow
    And my immediate thought was of tho, well, basically terrorism charges which in this whole cabaret of weird was the crime that most stood out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Brexit: it's the dumbest WWE plotline to ever escape into real-life that can't end soon enough because everyone hates how it started, how it's going and how its going to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

Fair cop, I read :

And my immediate thought was of tho, well, basically terrorism charges which in this whole cabaret of weird was the crime that most stood out.
    Maybe they haven't sentenced him for the mail fraud matter but we'll see. It's possible he didn't do it but it's also possible to be born with one testicle. Insanely low chance but still possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Was he sentenced for mail fraud thingy yet?

How do you just drop 16 felony charges? How does wasting probably millions of dollars of resources and trying to start a race war equate to community service?

Chicago? nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalera View Post
    How do you just drop 16 felony charges. How does wasting probably millions of dollars of resources and trying to start a race war equate to community service?

Chicago? nuff said.
    Do you have a source on how much the investigation cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    His attorney says there was no deal struck.

I'm not sure how that statement stacks up with the fact he forfeited his bond though.
    It doesn’t at all. It’s an odd thing to claim.

It's almost as if it makes sense to wait for due process to complete before cementing your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It's almost as if it makes sense to wait for due process to complete before cementing your opinion.
    Hahaha This needs to be a T Shirt! Or it's ok to have an opinion everybody else does.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

The whole affair has been a mess since the beginning. Jussie initially said it was two white guys who attacked him and it turned out to be two black guys. THen he gets indicted for 16 different things and now the charges are dropped? Is there not enough evidence that he orchestrated the whole thing? How is he not at least being charged for the false police report? He didn’t get his bail back so I guess that’s the fine he’s being given, correct me on that if I’ve read incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    It doesn’t at all. It’s an odd thing to claim.
    Just attorney doing attorney things. He's an advocate for Smollet. The truth isnt important to him. Just the best spin for his client.

Forfeited his bond, did community service, and the case is sealed. Totally innocent.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

No collusion. Total exoneration. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    No collusion. Total exoneration. :d
    I like you /10 char.