Thread: Telaamon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He wasn't human and as such he couldn't live with himself?
    so sad, F and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that would be goddamn awful, remove something so characteristic of orcs to give to the draeneis
    I never really thought the Blademaster aesthetic really fit with the Orcs, to be quite honest. But it's just a theory in any case so you can take it or leave it depending on your tastes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

His title is not a reference to the orc Blademasters. He is a blademaster, not a Blademaster.

Convergent evolution.

Multiple cultures on Earth developed swordsmanship, it didn't all spring from one culture.

Both the Draenei and the Orcs developed martial sub-cultures focusing on swordsmanship. "Blademaster" isn't a terribly specific term, no more so than "warrior" or "swordsman".

Because he is a master and he has a blade.. Well had since he is dead now.

Blademaster doesn't exclusively mean orc, it just means someone who has mastered the use of said blade which anyone with a sword can do with proper training.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Nothing that says the Burning Blade and Orcish Blademasters came into existence at the same time, though. They could be the clan who originally traded for the info, or came into it somehow, and thereby became synonymous with it.
    Isn't it more likely the term "blademaster" and whatever loose warrioresque techniques that entails was simply developed by two separate peoples?

Humans had paladins and priests before they met the Draenei but they didn't learn either from one another. Similarly, mages didn't all come from Draenei knowledge, warrior, hunters with animal companions, etc.

See:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos
    Convergent evolution.

Multiple cultures on Earth developed swordsmanship, it didn't all spring from one culture.

Both the Draenei and the Orcs developed martial sub-cultures focusing on swordsmanship. "Blademaster" isn't a terribly specific term, no more so than "warrior" or "swordsman".

He wasn't a Blademaster in the same sense as Samuro, at least not on Argus. For whatever reason they gave him Blademaster skills when fighting the faction war.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I really didnt get the whole Oath and Sacrifice thing for the Alliance.

Why did he have to die, or sacrifice himself? Why did he want to die in the hands of the Horde, especially as the Horde helped his people on Argus?
    Thats why you should start reading quest texts =P

Other than that i think telaamon is more a master of blades than a blademaster. Similar how warlocks can't enslave the voidlords, but use enslaved voidlords as pets.
    Mirror images also aren't exclusive to the original blademasters. Having a big banner on the back is.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I am confused as well as why he let himself die, if I saw the Horde Pc charge me and I was an npc I'd use mirror image and run away.
    If I had to take a guess.... this blademaster's end was foretold for The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Now we need find his daughter... (cause lord knows they won't make a dude character worth a damn these days)

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Convergent evolution.

That's probably the long and short of it. Orcs aren't the only ones to be good with swords.

Come to think of it I never found that Blademasters fit Orcs very well. It seems more like some sorta Elvish title for a master of the sword, not an Orc samurai (as Rule of Cool as that concept is).

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Isn't it more likely the term "blademaster" and whatever loose warrioresque techniques that entails was simply developed by two separate peoples?

Humans had paladins and priests before they met the Draenei but they didn't learn either from one another. Similarly, mages didn't all come from Draenei knowledge, warrior, hunters with animal companions, etc.
    That is something I broached earlier - though there's a pretty wide gulf between the development of a pretty basic implement like a sword (itself just a graduation from any bladed/edged implement) and the actual discipline and techniques that are part and parcel of being a Blademaster, such as the Wind Walk skill or the creation of Mirror Images. This would be more akin to multiple cultures not just developing the sword, but also cultivating a social class called "Samurai" that devoted themselves swordplay and a suite of similar to identical battle tactics. That's a pretty significant reach, I would say - possible but it feels unlikely.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I am confused as well as why he let himself die, if I saw the Horde Pc charge me and I was an npc I'd use mirror image and run away.
    He didn't have enough mana to do the Wind Walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    If I had to take a guess.... this blademaster's end was foretold for The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Now we need find his daughter... (cause lord knows they won't make a dude character worth a damn these days)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He wasn't human and as such he couldn't live with himself?
    Both of these comments are so on spot that should be made into some satire comic
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Thats why you should start reading quest texts =P

Other than that i think telaamon is more a master of blades than a blademaster. Similar how warlocks can't enslave the voidlords, but use enslaved voidlords as pets.
    Mirror images also aren't exclusive to the original blademasters. Having a big banner on the back is.
    I read the quest texts! Doesnt mean they make sense lol. For me that plot doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Because he is a master and he has a blade.. Well had since he is dead now.

Blademaster doesn't exclusively mean orc, it just means someone who has mastered the use of said blade which anyone with a sword can do with proper training.
    While what you say is perfectly true, we have the situation that there was a unit called Blademaster. This is someone with a certain set of skills, not just someone who mastered swordsmanship. This title stood for this specific unit. And why call him Blademaster, when you know, there are Blademasters and this title will bring connections to this specific crowd of "Blademaster". Instead they could have called him Swordmaster. But they did not. They specificly named him Blademaster, fully aware of the fact that Blademaster is a special thing, not just a swordmaster. They even gave him the same abilities, wich is unique since we did not have another blademaster other than in the ranks of the orcs who uses this abilities

- - - Updated - - -

Very interesting to me is, that we could technically have a Blademaster class for both factions. Before this character this was not possible. But now, of course with some lore as always, there is a real possibility to bring Blademasters to the game. For Horde, but also for Alliance. This might not come true, but it is now very possible. Blizz justs needs to want it, and without a lot of work there we have a new hero class.
    It would not be a dark and brooding character. It would be honorable, true. Lore is there to expand it. Abilities are there, in wow, as in hots and war3.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Because he's a reference character. Blizzard should stop putting reference characters in the main story. Looking at you Hemit Nessingwary and Harrison Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Because he's a reference character. Blizzard should stop putting reference characters in the main story. Looking at you Hemit Nessingwary and Harrison Jones.
    Yeah I get that, and you are right. Looking at it, he is just a reference. But. And this is important. If there would not be Blademasters in the game, this would just be a nice reference. But with Blademasters already established, and even giving him the abilities (like Mirror Image) wich is one of the signature moves of the wow Blademasters (i dont know about the Wheel of Time character, but still this is a wow related ability), this can not just be an oversight. This is not just, yeah, Draenei Blademaster, make it a character reference, its fun. Oh and give him the abilities all Blademasters have. This is tempering with the lore in a way that opens up a lot of possibilities. This establishes the Draenei Blademaster, more so, the Alliance Blademaster. This, even if it is just a fun character reference, (I doubt that) concretes the Blademaster as a unit / class for both factions. This is not done lightly. Blizzard knows what Blademasters are (Samuro in HotS, Ishi and the blind blademasters in SoO, Nagrand questlines in WoD) they dont jeopardice this just for a nice and cool reference.I just dont think so. They could have used the name of the refered character (did they?) and just call him Swordmaster. No harm done. No lore that is touched by that. But they specificly called him Blademaster.
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    Yeah I get that, and you are right. Looking at it, he is just a reference. But. And this is important. If there would not be Blademasters in the game, this would just be a nice reference. But with Blademasters already established, and even giving him the abilities (like Mirror Image) wich is one of the signature moves of the wow Blademasters (i dont know about the Wheel of Time character, but still this is a wow related ability), this can not just be an oversight. This is not just, yeah, Draenei Blademaster, make it a character reference, its fun. Oh and give him the abilities all Blademasters have. This is tempering with the lore in a way that opens up a lot of possibilities. This establishes the Draenei Blademaster, more so, the Alliance Blademaster. This, even if it is just a fun character reference, (I doubt that) concretes the Blademaster as a unit / class for both factions. This is not done lightly. Blizzard knows what Blademasters are (Samuro in HotS, Ishi and the blind blademasters in SoO, Nagrand questlines in WoD) they dont jeopardice this just for a nice and cool reference.I just dont think so. They could have used the name of the refered character (did they?) and just call him Swordmaster. No harm done. No lore that is touched by that. But they specificly called him Blademaster.
    i mean, ultimately, he's only one blademaster. we don't see anyone else in the army of light with his abilities.

there's many possible explanations. we know that alleria and them went to alternate draenor at some point, because that's where the army of light got elekks. he could have studied the burning blade of nagrand, elekks are most common in nagrand. he could have seen fel orcs in the legion.

the most unrealistic explanation would be that he just developed it on his own. that'd be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, ultimately, he's only one blademaster. we don't see anyone else in the army of light with his abilities.

there's many possible explanations. we know that alleria and them went to alternate draenor at some point, because that's where the army of light got elekks. he could have studied the burning blade of nagrand, elekks are most common in nagrand. he could have seen fel orcs in the legion.

the most unrealistic explanation would be that he just developed it on his own. that'd be stupid.
    sure, there are many explanations. But my point is, that blizz can create the one they want. And ultimative the one that gives blademasters to the alliance as a hero class, so that both sides can have blademasters. Since Samuro is still missing from wow (not the singer, the blademaster), he could absolutely be the one who returns out of nowhere and starts to train (or return with a lot of horde) blademasters.
    I am not saying that this proves anything, not that blademasters will be a hero class, but it could become a possibility with this little change. Blizz has the option to pull this card IF they want to
    (300)

Blademasters as we're used to, come from Horde and even more from the Burning Blade clan. It could be that he admired their culture and learned from them, or that there might have also been a group within the Draenei who also used that same name and he's one of the very few that's left.

We see that different groups sometimes use the same names for certain things, like Death Knights and the fact that all of the races speak the same language(It's so weird how everyone can speak common) means you'll have different groups using the same names.