Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Show me what Tyrande's feats really are

Everyone on the forums are saying that Tyrande is "that" powerful. I can't even remember her doing any remarkable abilities that can kill her enemies until she got that night warrior bullshit.

If she is crazy OP "powerful", why can't she just kill everyone in Darkshore with her so called "One-shot army" spell? Srsly what is her feats?

7+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande is the avatar of a god, she is SUPPOSED to be very powerful.

But because blizzard are too stupid to write power lvls anyone that with above average strenght and skill gets dumbed down into oblivion unless the plot requires them to be powerful.

I mean look at malfurion, in one moment a god, in the next a pitiful whimp, no better than your average druid.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-03-27 at 12:01 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean look at malfurion, in one moment a god, in the next a pitiful whimp, no better than your average druid.
    Sounds more like a warped perception of "average".

@Arafal Malfurion? You don’t need to look that far, Thrall was even more of a yo-yo

I feel like the exact same people who will complain about WHY DIDNT THEY JUST SOLAR FLARE FREEZA TO BLIND HIM AND THEN CUT HIM IN HALF WITH A DESTRUCTO DISC are the same people who turn around and scream HOW DID SAURFANG WOUND MALFURION WITH HIS AXE WHEN MALFURION WAS DISTRACTED WTF HOW DID THE BEST DRUID EVER GET TAKEN BY SURPRISE.

After the sundering, she pretty much took the helm as leader of what was left of the kaldorei. She's high priestess of elune. She's ruled her people longer than any other civilization on azeroth has existed, with the exception of the Zandalari. And in her people's most trying time she ascends to an even higher power.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Tyrande is the avatar of a god, she is SUPPOSED to be very powerful.

But because blizzard are too stupid to write power lvls anyone that with above average strenght and skill gets dumbed down into oblivion unless the plot requires them to be powerful.

The worst is the fact that they could have avoided that problem with simple excuse. Why didn't druids sleep(again) after Legion? Nightmare infestation can't cure itself.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Much like Jaina and her giant magic boat my headcanon is the giant army 1-shotting AoE has a very long cooldown. :P

I don't think she can drop the moon on people like Majora's Mask, but a man can dream, damn it.

Tyrande was always just as powerful as Elune would permit her to be, as such she never was powerful by herself. But if elune feels like it she is a force to be reckoned with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    There are few good ones.
    Running out of arrows in well of eternity. (Moda mun seiv me !)
    Destroying the bridge while still standing on it.
    Being defeated by her mortal enemy - knee deep water.
    Needing not one but two strong sexy men to save her from distress.
    Being able to call for malfurion when he is needed.
    Performing ritual that made her and few other night elves look like shitty thumbnail for creepypasta.
    Displaying mindblowing diplomatic abilities and personal charm in suramar.

5+ Year Old Account
    Her feats are being nerfed, because she is a walking plot nuke. Tyrande and Malfurion are too powerful to be regularly used in the story. As such they need to be constantly handicapped for the story to work with them in it.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

She released Illidan so I guess that had huge impact.
    S.H.

She never really had one, as far as I know. 8.1 shows her being generally pretty powerful, but doesn't really set up how much, and people just assume she's invincible because Elune is empowering her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There are few good ones.
    Performing ritual that made her and few other night elves look like shitty thumbnail for creepypasta.
    You forgot using the light of Elune to make herself a giant target.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There are few good ones.
    Ironically, that is still a much shorter list than Sylvanas' failings (and ~half of the current leader cast of both factions...really...) but people intend to keep shitting on Tyrande because *drumroll* she would actually come out better than whatever they prefer as a champion themselves. So thinking about her makes them angry and then they have to vent on the forums.

OT:
    Imho, most players who expected Tyrande to always be the most powerful hero are just coming from WC3, where a lvl10 Tyrande was just an Avatar of Destruction. Way more powerful than any other lvl10 Hero. Up until Darkshore, Tyrande was never really "shown" ingame kicking ass...and i still think Darkshore is not really part of any major storyline of the expansion, it was just meant to bottle up the genocide-plot that Blizzard used to create drama and sell more copies of BFA. Honestly, neither the genocide nor the darkshore continuation have any relavance or impact in the current BFA story....you could argue that is true for the entire faction-war-story...it just feels off and poorly connected. Imho that's why Blizzard just tried to stitch something together there and did not really bother about its place in any other plot.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-03-28 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Ironically, that is still a much shorter list than Sylvanas' failings (and ~half of the current leader cast of both factions...really...) but people intend to keep shitting on Tyrande because *drumroll* she would actually come out better than whatever they prefer as a champion themselves. So thinking about her makes them angry and then they have to vent on the forums.

OT:
    Imho, most players who expected Tyrande to always be the most powerful hero are just coming from WC3, where a lvl10 Tyrande was just an Avatar of Destruction. Way more powerful than any other lvl10 Hero. Up until Darkshore, Tyrande was never really "shown" ingame kicking ass...and i still think Darkshore is not really part of any major storyline of the expansion, it was just meant to bottle up the genocide-plot that Blizzard used to create drama and sell more copies of BFA. Honestly, neither the genocide nor the darkshore continuation have any relavance or impact in the current BFA story....you could argue that is true for the entire faction-war-story...it just feels off and poorly connected. Imho that's why Blizzard just tried to stitch something together there and did not really bother about its place in any other plot.
    I played wc3 i see no reason why anyone who played that game would think that.
    In wc3 the second mission is to hide from Doomguard, then to wake up the druids, then to free Illidan, then to defend with new allies against Archimonde.
    In TFT she got caught by Nagas, fell in the water, etc. Only "highlights" is that she killed some ghouls and the watchers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post

OT:
    But sylvanas isn't a chosen one for her race deity.

Also starfall being good against braindead AI doesn't make tyrande "most powerful hero".

OP blame Steve Danuser for limiting her abilities. He couldn't allow nightelves,yet a nightelf female to kill off his character/Nathanos. That's why they changed it to the Tyrande killing one of the valkyr instead of Nathanos. Originally Nathnos was killed during the event only to have a valkyr rez him. But now you just kill off a valkyr instead. What sucks is we had to wait for darkshore to happen before she actually did anything. Blame the narrative team for holding her back. But now that darkshore is over with. She'll be put on the back burner and not be in anymore of BFA . Like Maeiv, Sira and others. Her being an alliance character the writers won't care to develop her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    OP blame Steve Danuser for limiting her abilities. He couldn't allow nightelves,yet a nightelf female to kill off his character/Nathanos. That's why they changed it to the Tyrande killing one of the valkyr instead of Nathanos. Originally Nathnos was killed during the event only to have a valkyr rez him. But now you just kill off a valkyr instead. What sucks is we had to wait for darkshore to happen before she actually did anything. Blame the narrative team for holding her back. But now that darkshore is over with. She'll be put on the back burner and not be in anymore of BFA . Like Maeiv, Sira and others. Her being an alliance character the writers won't care to develop her anymore.
    How is that limiting her abilities? Killing one of Sylvannas' main Val'kyr is much more impressive than killing someone like Nathanos.

i'd like to see tyrandes feets myself, but 15 years of people making "artwork" and there's like two pictures, and it's off model.

but anyway, she's one shot a bunch of undead two times with star fall, called on elune for an impenetrable shield, caverns of time raid she gave everyone an impenetrable shield. she doesn't really have that great of marksman feats, i think. but anyone that old that keeps up their training should be damn incredible.

then in darkshore she one shots whole battalions of horde soldiers, then gets punked on by a self-insert.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    How is that limiting her abilities? Killing one of Sylvannas' main Val'kyr is much more impressive than killing someone like Nathanos.
    it's still just a val'kyr.

we've slain hordes of them as fucking leveling mobs.

I've seen Alliance players claim she's an excellent marksman and expert commander, yet all the things I've seen is she is a mediocore archer and had to be told on how to fight like a night elf by Varian. She also sucks at diplomacy and was a horrible "prosecutor" in the book.

Her biggest feats imo, being the favorite of some god we have no details about and being married to "sometimes a Mary Sue" Malfurion. She finally got some power in BFA and the Alliance are still made that she couldn't kill Nathanos or the Valkyr with ease... because they thought she was a super saiyan or something.