Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    How is that limiting her abilities? Killing one of Sylvannas' main Val'kyr is much more impressive than killing someone like Nathanos.
    After gaining the power, she should have been able to retake darkshore from horde control. But that didn't happen. She has the power of Elune now as her avatar. Yet we only see her doing anything during the darkshore questline. Nothing happens with her afterwards. You would imagine having all that power she could retake it along with the remaining nightelves. But hopefully with the next round of layoffs danuser will be on the list. Then maybe things won't get heald back.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    She finally got some power in BFA and the Alliance are still made that she couldn't kill Nathanos or the Valkyr with ease... because they thought she was a super saiyan or something.
    Yes, how unreasonable to expect a buff described as life threatening from the only known deity in the setting to be able to take out a zombie with a bow and his pet quest mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    OP blame Steve Danuser for limiting her abilities. He couldn't allow nightelves,yet a nightelf female to kill off his character/Nathanos. That's why they changed it to the Tyrande killing one of the valkyr instead of Nathanos. Originally Nathnos was killed during the event only to have a valkyr rez him. But now you just kill off a valkyr instead. What sucks is we had to wait for darkshore to happen before she actually did anything. Blame the narrative team for holding her back. But now that darkshore is over with. She'll be put on the back burner and not be in anymore of BFA . Like Maeiv, Sira and others. Her being an alliance character the writers won't care to develop her anymore.
    This actually was more of an impactful blow to Sylvanas as opposed to killing Nathanos and then rezzing him after. Killing 1 of the only 2 Valkyr that can raise Forsaken is a huge impact to Syl’s forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I've seen Alliance players claim she's an excellent marksman and expert commander, yet all the things I've seen is she is a mediocore archer and had to be told on how to fight like a night elf by Varian. She also sucks at diplomacy and was a horrible "prosecutor" in the book.

Her biggest feats imo, being the favorite of some god we have no details about and being married to "sometimes a Mary Sue" Malfurion. She finally got some power in BFA and the Alliance are still made that she couldn't kill Nathanos or the Valkyr with ease... because they thought she was a super saiyan or something.
    You are dealing with a world where Sylvanas is described as a military genius.

I mean that is the level we are operating with.
    WoW has a problem with presentation; So don't overthink the small details.

Her biggest feat was surviving the complete disinterest the writers had in her post-Warcraft III.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Her feats are being nerfed, because she is a walking plot nuke. Tyrande and Malfurion are too powerful to be regularly used in the story. As such they need to be constantly handicapped for the story to work with them in it.
    Pretty much This. Only resently with Tyrande, but have been the case for Malfurian for years. Such a powerhouse, but never really does anything.
    same goes now for an walking avatar of a god. but no, With all this power, they just stand around and does nothing, and then will be forgotten about and never used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    This actually was more of an impactful blow to Sylvanas as opposed to killing Nathanos and then rezzing him after. Killing 1 of the only 2 Valkyr that can raise Forsaken is a huge impact to Syl’s forces.
    It not MORE impactful it is AS impactfull. the only things it does, is take away the revenge of killing Nathanos.
    How is it more? either She kills Nathanos but he get resurrected by a valkyr but the valkyr dies in the process.
    OR Nathanos gets away but she killes a valkyr.. to which a valkyr then foc dies in the process.

it still leaves Nathanos alive, and 1 valkyr dead, and 1 alive. The only Thing this does is "lololololol cant kill my favorite undead, not even for 1 min"

Idk, rumor/leak has it that 8.3 Sylvannas turns the tables on alliance. That said with Helya playing a roll in BFA. If Sylvannas gains more valkyr from her. It would make killing that one Valkyr meaningless. With as much bad writing BFA has it wouldn't surprise me if that happens.

Was really hoping someone would make a corny joke about her feet, but that's fine... I'm not mad, just disappointed...
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    After gaining the power, she should have been able to retake darkshore from horde control. But that didn't happen. She has the power of Elune now as her avatar. Yet we only see her doing anything during the darkshore questline. Nothing happens with her afterwards. You would imagine having all that power she could retake it along with the remaining nightelves. But hopefully with the next round of layoffs danuser will be on the list. Then maybe things won't get heald back.
    Agreed, Horde leaders are such mary sues especially this random undead hunter that we fought over and over again in Classic.

I came here expecting some Kaldorei podophilia, but then I re-read the title

Anyway, in many respects I find the way they're writing Tyrande to be even more screwed up than their treatment of Sylvanas. She was always in a bit of an awkward place, and the way they positioned her between priest and warrior didn't set a particularly fruitful stage from the get-go. But now that they're sort of moving her into the direct antagonist position vis-a-vis Sylvanas, it becomes even weirder.

I'm a little scared to see how the whole Night Warrior thing plays out. As with all lead NPCs, the threat of "corrupted into a raid boss" seems always to be looming... and it's a trope that's beyond played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Killing Nathanos and then having Sylvanas sacrifice a Val'kyr to rez him would help humanise Sylvanas and we cannot have that. She'd be sacrificing her most valuable resource for her man which makes her relatable where everything so far in BfA tries to persuade everyone to hate her.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no rumor or leak. Sylvanas just says that she will turn the tables in game in content that is already available. Whether she succeeds or not is unknown.
    There was a leak months ago about 8.3 when Sylvannas turns the tables on the alliance. Right now the alliance is winning the devs/writers claim on all fronts. To even things out something will happen. Even though the story doesn't feel like it . With the recent raid claiming its payback for teldrassil, yet Tyrande isn't behind the raid . She rather have Anduin aid her with darkshore. But the idiots on the narrative team wanted to push more bad writing. Speculation is Derek will try to kill Jaina but katherine will step in the way.Others have pointed out that the newly raised npcs in game like Derek , Sira ,etc have red eyes. Meaning possible mind control. But there's also talk of Sylvannas unleashing something. As it gets closer leaks will become avaible and posted from datamines on the ptr. It's to the point were the story sucks with the current narrative lead Danuser being in charge. Activision needs to step in and get rid of him.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean look at malfurion, in one moment a god, in the next a pitiful whimp, no better than your average druid.
    I can't really remember anytime Malfurion was a "pitiful wimp"

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    Pretty much This. Only resently with Tyrande, but have been the case for Malfurian for years. Such a powerhouse, but never really does anything.
    same goes now for an walking avatar of a god. but no, With all this power, they just stand around and does nothing, and then will be forgotten about and never used.

- - - Updated - - -

It not MORE impactful it is AS impactfull. the only things it does, is take away the revenge of killing Nathanos.
    How is it more? either She kills Nathanos but he get resurrected by a valkyr but the valkyr dies in the process.
    OR Nathanos gets away but she killes a valkyr.. to which a valkyr then foc dies in the process.

it still leaves Nathanos alive, and 1 valkyr dead, and 1 alive. The only Thing this does is "lololololol cant kill my favorite undead, not even for 1 min"
    Except, to you and the other people responding, the only ones that have died are the ones that sacrifice themselves for Sylvanas. It is supposed to be a testament to her power as the Banshee Queen that a Valk has to die to keep her around. The other Valkyr rezzing normal Forsaken, which Nathanos counts as, do not die.
    So, again, to kill Nathanos just to simply be revived afterwards would mean nothing. Killing off one of the 4 remaining that has the power to actually revive Sylvanas is a greater impact.
    The last time Syl needed revived, it required the lives of 3 dark Val’kyr. There are now 3 left. The death of any of them brings Syl closer to a true death, as well as a complete end to the Forsaken. The death of Nathanos is an inconvenience of time spent.

- - - Updated - - -

Killing Nathanos and then having Sylvanas sacrifice a Val'kyr to rez him would help humanise Sylvanas and we cannot have that. She'd be sacrificing her most valuable resource for her man which makes her relatable where everything so far in BfA tries to persuade everyone to hate her.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no rumor or leak. Sylvanas just says that she will turn the tables in game in content that is already available. Whether she succeeds or not is unknown.
    Like I stated to the other person, it does not require the death of a Val to revive Nathanos. Reshaping his body is just an arduous task that Valkyr rarely use their powers for. It does not require them to sacrifice themself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are Tyrande's feet.

The Dark Mirror ritual certainly did not require the death of a Val'kyr but that is different from bringing him back yet again. The only instant of an undead being brought back again is Sylvanas, who needed one then three Val'kyr to come back and Liches who use phylacteries.
    Under the official WoWpedia, it does not require the death of a Val’kyr to bring back the Forsaken. Only that follow Sylvanas as it requires more power and the actual sacrifice of the Val’kyr to do it. Normal Forsaken, such as Nathanos, do not require their sacrifice. Nathanos is only different because he underwent the ritual to reshape him.
    So again, killing Nathanos would mean nothing but an inconvenience. Killing the Val’kyr is a greater impact.
    Not sure why you are still arguing. Unless something gets retconned the evidence is clearly on my side.

Under the official WoWpedia, it does not require the death of a Val’kyr to bring back the Forsaken. Only that follow Sylvanas as it requires more power and the actual sacrifice of the Val’kyr to do it. Normal Forsaken, such as Nathanos, do not require their sacrifice. Nathanos is only different because he underwent the ritual to reshape him.
    So again, killing Nathanos would mean nothing but an inconvenience. Killing the Val’kyr is a greater impact.
    Not sure why you are still arguing. Unless something gets retconned the evidence is clearly on my side.
    Citation needed, since there isn't any *official* Wowpedia. Wowpedia (the one everyone use)'s articles are written by players, and - just like any other wiki - have been wrong before. I'd also appreciate it if you can give us a quote and a reference to the source materials, just in case there was any misinterpretation / misunderstanding. As far as I can recall, after the Val'kyr separated from Lich King and bound themselves to Sylvanas, they haven't resurrected any Forsaken other than Sylvanas herself.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-03-28 at 03:57 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Citation needed, since there isn't any *official* Wowpedia. Wowpedia (the one everyone use)'s articles are written by players, and - just like any other wiki - have been wrong before. I'd also appreciate it if you can give us a quote and a reference to the source materials, just in case there was any misinterpretation / misunderstanding. As far as I can recall, after the Val'kyr separated from Lich King and bound themselves to Sylvanas, they haven't resurrected any Forsaken other than Sylvanas herself.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Val%27kyr
    Under Edge of Night, it states why they have to die to bring her back as their lives are tied to hers.
    Under Part of the Forsaken, it states they can reanimate the undead. So those, like Nathanos who are undead and Forsaken, can be revived. The same portion discusses they can raise the dead to bolster the Forsaken’s ranks. (This last part was also in game as Syl showed Garrosh that the Valkyr can raise the dead and add to the Forsaken’s numbers.
    Under The Nine in paragraph 2, it states there are multiple lesser Val’kyr, and “though the can raise corpses, they are not part of the original pact and thus are not strong enough to revive Sylvanas.”
    In game sources: most recently in Darkshore, they raised a fallen Night Elf. The Valk that died to Tyrande is one of the ones bound to Sylvanas. As a newly raised Forsaken player character, you yourself are raised from your grave by a Val’kyr. During the meeting between Garrosh and Sylvanas, a Val’kyr raises a Forsaken. There are numerous places to find this information, even in game.
    So again, the death of the Val’kyr means more.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-03-28 at 04:39 PM.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Val%27kyr
    Under Edge of Night, it states why they have to die to bring her back as their lives are tied to hers.
    Under Part of the Forsaken, it states they can reanimate the undead. So those, like Nathanos who are undead and Forsaken, can be revived. The same portion discusses they can raise the dead to bolster the Forsaken’s ranks. (This last part was also in game as Syl showed Garrosh that the Valkyr can raise the dead and add to the Forsaken’s numbers.
    Under The Nine in paragraph 2, it states there are multiple lesser Val’kyr, and “though the can raise corpses, they are not part of the original pact and this are not strong enough to revive Sylvanas.”
    In game sources: most recently in Darkshore, they raised a fallen Night Elf. The Valk that died is one of the ones bound to Sylvanas. As a newly raised Forsaken player character, you yourself are raised from your grave by a Val’kyr. During the meeting between Garrosh and Sylvanas, a Val’kyr raises a Forsaken. There are numerous places to find this information, even in game.
    So again, the death of the Val’kyr means more.
    See, this is why I asked for a citation, since it's clear now that you either misunderstood the point Nymrohd was bringing up, or misinterpreted the wiki.

No one was saying that Val'kyr cannot resurrect / reanimate the dead / corpses into Undead - obviously they can, that's their purpose. What Nymrohd was saying was that the Val'kyr cannot resurrect the Undead (i.e: Nanathos) again. In other words, now, if you are Undead (i.e: Nanathos / Forsaken), and you die, you aren't coming back unless a Val'kyr sacrifice her soul to get your soul back from Shadowlands. What you claimed about "those, like Nathanos who are undead and Forsaken, can be revived" are incorrect, and wasn't stated anywhere under "Part of the Forsaken" either.

The other part you mentioned, that Val'kyr could raise the dead into Undead ("raised a fallen Night Elf", "can raise corpses", or "Syl showed Garrosh that the Val'kyr can raise the dead and add to the Forsaken's numbers") have nothing to do with what Nymhrohd was talking about. Raising the dead into Undead / Forsaken, and resurrect the (already raised before) dead-again Forsaken aren't the same, there is quite a difference between them in fact.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-03-28 at 04:53 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    See, this is why I asked for a citation, since it's clear now that you either misunderstood the point Nymrohd was bringing up, or misinterpreted the wiki.

No one was saying that Val'kyr cannot resurrect / reanimate the dead / corpses into Undead - obviously they can, that's their purpose. What Nymrohd was saying was that the Val'kyr cannot resurrect the Undead (i.e: Nanathos) again. In other words, now, if you are Undead (i.e: Nanathos / Forsaken), and you die, you aren't coming back unless a Val'kyr sacrifice her soul to get your soul back from Shadowlands. What you claimed about "those, like Nathanos who are undead and Forsaken, can be revived" are incorrect, and wasn't stated anywhere under "Part of the Forsaken" either.

The other part you mentioned, that Val'kyr could raise the dead into Undead ("raised a fallen Night Elf", "can raise corpses", or "Syl showed Garrosh that the Val'kyr can raise the dead and add to the Forsaken's numbers") have nothing to do with what Nymhrohd was talking about. Raising the dead into Undead / Forsaken, and resurrect the (already raised before) dead-again Forsaken aren't the same, there is quite a difference between them in fact.
    Now you are twisting very literal definitions to fit your arguement, which makes it outright wrong. The very first part under the link, the very first, states why they die for Sylvanas. Their lives are directly tied to hers. If she dies, it costs one or more of theirs to bring her back. If they all die, she is dead for good. There is nothing that requires them to die for anyone else.

The link also states they can raise the dead, and the undead, which includes reviving fallen Forsaken.
    Seriously, take 10-40 minutes to read, however fast you read, and you will see that lore in game as well as WoWpedia are completely for my point and against your arguement.
    You might be able to argue that Mal and Tyr could steal Nathanos body so Syl can’t get him back, but the Calkyr being tied to her meaning she is now even closer to permanent death, it is STILL a bigger impact to Syl.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-03-28 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how threads that aren't even about Sylvanas, turn into Sylv threads. This forums just can't help itself.