Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    borderlands 1 = steam
    borderlands 2 = steam
    borderlands TPS = steam
    borderlands 3 = not steam

I like to keep all my games on same launcher ideally, especially same brand games, this is why I am annoyed like many others.
    You can still launch it through Steam, it just launches the EGS launcher first (similar to how Ubisoft games launch uplay first). It's a mild inconvenience, but you can still centralize things through Steam.

Pre-load is now up for PC.

Broke down and bought because I love the idea of FL4k.

Downloaded the launcher installer. Can't even put the installation where I want.

God. Damnit.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

ofcourse big streamers gets to play it a day early, yes im jealous

Shift code for 3 golden keys for BL3

ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H

Needs to be done on the old shift site here https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/rewards

Take care when selecting the game and platform you want to redeem it for.
    [img][/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Shift code for 3 golden keys for BL3

ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H

Needs to be done on the old shift site here https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/rewards

Take care when selecting the game and platform you want to redeem it for.
    Is it the correct code? It tells me it's for BL2 not 3

nvm, for other people that have the same "issue". You gotta link the account and THEN you have the option for BL3. Kinda weird to reuse BL2 codes
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2019-09-11 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Is it the correct code? It tells me it's for BL2 not 3

nvm, for other people that have the same "issue". You gotta link the account and THEN you have the option for BL3. Kinda weird to reuse BL2 codes
    Make sure you do it through the link listed there and then select BL3 to apply it to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Epic is one of the biggest names in the industry. If Fortnite does tomorrow they'll still put out the Unreal Engine. I don't think they are going anywhere.

Push comes to shove they downscale to be more like GoG.

Yup the fact that they make the unreal engine staying in business should not be an issue for them. When you make the stuff that so many others use to make their stuff thats a very stable place to branch out from.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    [video=youtube;7WrmcPcWhy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WrmcPcWhy8[/ideo]
    Ive been watching streams all night, The retail version has been pretty smooth so far. People have been having a blast,

Some review outlets are getting more and more whiny these days.

Media like be treating like celebrities and get salty when they don't get the special treatment they feel they're entitled to.

Ive been watching streams all night, The retail version has been pretty smooth so far. People have been having a blast,

My issue with most mainstream reviewers isn't that they're whiny; it's that they whine about the dumbest shit in really good games, while blindly praising shitty games (hello, sports games).

Angry Joe is the most consistent reviewer I've come across. 95% of the time I'll agree with his ratings after playing a game myself. There are a few exceptions, like I don't think Skyrim deserved a 10/10, but for the most part he's way better than other platforms like IGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    This is so disingenuous. While not common, games have given unique codes or had you create unique accounts on Steam before for review purposes. Also disingenuous is the unfinished games bit. This has been going on for at least the last 10-15 years with the ability to patch the game day one. Reviewers are given a guide that explains what is bugged or missing from the build. Mike Williams of US Gamer, who posts on some enthusiast boards, has pretty much said this is a common practice.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    I'm really looking forward tl BL3, but bummed that I have to wait 6 months because i refuse to reward epic for that behavior.
    Same here, and even then might not get it once it does go on steam because of the shenanigans that Pitchford got up to.. Although he has been quiet of late so must of been told to tone it down a lot..

I have preordered bl3 from cdkeys.com but havent godt my code, anyone in same situation... Was hoping it Will be possible to pre download before midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Out of the loop a bit here, but what's the beef with Epic Games for? Isn't it just another thing like Steam or Origin?
    Several reasons. Chief among those:
    • Epic Games store being a vastly inferior store front (no wishlist, forums, shopping cart), while Tim Sweeney spends millions of dollars to buy exclusives instead of improving his store to make it more competitive;
    • Tim Sweeney buying exclusives right as the games are about to be launched on Steam;
    • Tim Sweeney's support of developers' toxic behavior against those that disagree with his practices;
    • Tim Sweeney's hypocrisy of wanting to "support developers" but denying indie being games to Epic Games store if they're not exclusives.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    • Epic Games store being a vastly inferior store front (no wishlist, forums, shopping cart), while Tim Sweeney spends millions of dollars to buy exclusives instead of improving his store to make it more competitive;
    • Tim Sweeney buying exclusives right as the games are about to be launched on Steam;
    • Tim Sweeney's support of developers' toxic behavior against those that disagree with his practices;
    • Tim Sweeney's hypocrisy of wanting to "support developers" but denying indie being games to Epic Games store if they're not exclusives.
    Literally anything from it from my POV doesnt matter.
    I have entire internet for game reviews, forums, opinions, etc and dont care about devs / store drama at all :P

Also, steam reviews are IMO one giant faillure.

Legendary!
    Pretty much, and a classic is the toxic behaviour of the Ooblets dev.. Another and what I find amazing is how after all this time, EGS still doesn't have a shopping cart.. One would think that would be one of the first things to be initialized, but nearly a year or so later and still no shopping cart..

But I suppose it is more important to throw money at developers/publishers, rather than having a half decent storefront..

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Literally anything from it from my POV doesnt matter.
    I have entire internet for game reviews, forums, opinions, etc and dont care about devs / store drama at all :P
    Epic Games store accounts were being banned for making too many purchases in such a short amount of time.

Those accounts were making "too many purchases in such a short amount of time" because the store does not have a shopping cart, therefore had to buy games one by one, and the store had a temporary game sales period.

Also, add to the list:
    • Tim Sweeney buying crowdfunded games' exclusivity after the backers have already pledged to said game on the promise it'd be released on Steam.

Also, steam reviews are IMO one giant faillure.
    Failure? Why? Because of "review bombs"? That has been remedy in recent updates?
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    My issue with most mainstream reviewers isn't that they're whiny; it's that they whine about the dumbest shit in really good games, while blindly praising shitty games (hello, sports games).

Angry Joe is the most consistent reviewer I've come across. 95% of the time I'll agree with his ratings after playing a game myself. There are a few exceptions, like I don't think Skyrim deserved a 10/10, but for the most part he's way better than other platforms like IGN.
    For its time and given how mod friendly skyrim was I can see a 10/10 from it. If you like that kind of game it was a super well executed super modable example of that genre.

- - - Updated - - -

I think one behind the scenes difference between steam and epic games is how much of a cut they take on sales through their platform. From the few people I know who were directly involved with linking games up through the steam store it seemed that 20-25% from all sales was about average for putting something up on steam. From a game company perspective if you can find some avenue thats willing to take half or less that cut it makes total sense to use them. Basically from my friends in the gaming industry they never wanted to put anything onto steam until they basically had to to keep sales going after the initial launch frenzy dies down. Putting it up during launch means losing a huge chunk out of the initial profits from the launch which I would be is why we are seeing the launch we are seeing from BL3. Use one distributor that takes less of a cut for the initial sales frenzy and then once the game is more mature in 6 months put it up on steam to keep on going revenue up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I think one behind the scenes difference between steam and epic games is how much of a cut they take on sales through their platform. From the few people I know who were directly involved with linking games up through the steam store it seemed that 20-25% from all sales was about average for putting something up on steam. From a game company perspective if you can find some avenue thats willing to take half or less that cut it makes total sense to use them. Basically from my friends in the gaming industry they never wanted to put anything onto steam until they basically had to to keep sales going after the initial launch frenzy dies down. Putting it up during launch means losing a huge chunk out of the initial profits from the launch which I would be is why we are seeing the launch we are seeing from BL3. Use one distributor that takes less of a cut for the initial sales frenzy and then once the game is more mature in 6 months put it up on steam to keep on going revenue up.
    Don't get me wrong. Epic Games store getting a much smaller cut than Steam is getting is a good thing, even for the customer. The problem, from a customer perspective, is that this "good thing" doesn't really make up for the bucket-load of bad things Tim Sweeney did and is doing.