Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ...
4
44
52
53
54
55
56
64
... LastLast
  1. #1061
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    My biggest concern is how long my games will last. I trust steam to be around for a while, I am not so sure on anything else. A long time ago I bought a bunch of games on Impulse, and I lost them all when Gamestop finally shut it down after buying it. Now this doesn't matter much in the short term, but it bothers me if I want to go back and play a game years after it came out, only to find I don't own it any more.
    Epic is one of the biggest names in the industry. If Fortnite does tomorrow they'll still put out the Unreal Engine. I don't think they are going anywhere.

    Push comes to shove they downscale to be more like GoG.

  2. #1062
    I am Murloc! Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Epic is one of the biggest names in the industry. If Fortnite does tomorrow they'll still put out the Unreal Engine. I don't think they are going anywhere.

    Push comes to shove they downscale to be more like GoG.
    I mean so was Gamestop, back when you primarily bought games on disks. Anyway I am not saying there is anything unreliable about Epic games launcher, I am just a very late adapter when it comes to these things, and I will be passing on any game that isn't on Steam for the foreseeable future largely because of my experience with Impulse.

    Side Note: I am passing on any games that use Uplay too, even if they link to Steam. For entirely different reasons related to Uplay being a nightmare to use.

  3. #1063
    Reviews seem to be pretty much what you would expect. If you enjoyed the previous 2 games you'll love 3 but it's not doing anything to win over people who couldn't stand the previous game's sense of humour or gameplay.

  4. #1064
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,953
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Reviews seem to be pretty much what you would expect. If you enjoyed the previous 2 games you'll love 3 but it's not doing anything to win over people who couldn't stand the previous game's sense of humour or gameplay.
    That's all I wanted. I don't get some reviews that wanted them to change up what makes BL, BL, to win over people who didn't like the other games.

  5. #1065
    Delving into BL3 on the PS4. Tried the previous two on PC to be consistently met with cheaters in majority of online co-op games. Cheaters are so much less on console.

    My two off days from work coincides with release day.

  6. #1066
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    That's all I wanted. I don't get some reviews that wanted them to change up what makes BL, BL, to win over people who didn't like the other games.
    They did change Midget to Tink though (not so much bothered by the change but why Tink of all things?).
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  7. #1067
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,399


    Thanks to that trailer, i saw the most evil thing ever... 2:08
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

    I don't give a fuck, about your opinion.

  8. #1068
    borderlands 1 = steam
    borderlands 2 = steam
    borderlands TPS = steam
    borderlands 3 = not steam

    I like to keep all my games on same launcher ideally, especially same brand games, this is why I am annoyed like many others.

  9. #1069
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    borderlands 1 = steam
    borderlands 2 = steam
    borderlands TPS = steam
    borderlands 3 = not steam

    I like to keep all my games on same launcher ideally, especially same brand games, this is why I am annoyed like many others.
    You can still launch it through Steam, it just launches the EGS launcher first (similar to how Ubisoft games launch uplay first). It's a mild inconvenience, but you can still centralize things through Steam.

  10. #1070
    Pre-load is now up for PC.

  11. #1071
    Broke down and bought because I love the idea of FL4k.

    Downloaded the launcher installer. Can't even put the installation where I want.

    God. Damnit.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  12. #1072
    ofcourse big streamers gets to play it a day early, yes im jealous

  13. #1073
    Shift code for 3 golden keys for BL3

    ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H

    Needs to be done on the old shift site here https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/rewards

    Take care when selecting the game and platform you want to redeem it for.

  14. #1074
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Shift code for 3 golden keys for BL3

    ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H

    Needs to be done on the old shift site here https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/rewards

    Take care when selecting the game and platform you want to redeem it for.
    Is it the correct code? It tells me it's for BL2 not 3

    nvm, for other people that have the same "issue". You gotta link the account and THEN you have the option for BL3. Kinda weird to reuse BL2 codes
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2019-09-11 at 10:30 AM.

  15. #1075

  16. #1076
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Is it the correct code? It tells me it's for BL2 not 3

    nvm, for other people that have the same "issue". You gotta link the account and THEN you have the option for BL3. Kinda weird to reuse BL2 codes
    Make sure you do it through the link listed there and then select BL3 to apply it to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Epic is one of the biggest names in the industry. If Fortnite does tomorrow they'll still put out the Unreal Engine. I don't think they are going anywhere.

    Push comes to shove they downscale to be more like GoG.

    Yup the fact that they make the unreal engine staying in business should not be an issue for them. When you make the stuff that so many others use to make their stuff thats a very stable place to branch out from.

  17. #1077
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    [video=youtube;7WrmcPcWhy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WrmcPcWhy8[/ideo]
    Ive been watching streams all night, The retail version has been pretty smooth so far. People have been having a blast,

    Some review outlets are getting more and more whiny these days.

  18. #1078
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Some review outlets are getting more and more whiny these days.
    Media like be treating like celebrities and get salty when they don't get the special treatment they feel they're entitled to.

  19. #1079
    The Lightbringer Ahovv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Ive been watching streams all night, The retail version has been pretty smooth so far. People have been having a blast,

    Some review outlets are getting more and more whiny these days.
    My issue with most mainstream reviewers isn't that they're whiny; it's that they whine about the dumbest shit in really good games, while blindly praising shitty games (hello, sports games).

    Angry Joe is the most consistent reviewer I've come across. 95% of the time I'll agree with his ratings after playing a game myself. There are a few exceptions, like I don't think Skyrim deserved a 10/10, but for the most part he's way better than other platforms like IGN.

  20. #1080
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    This is so disingenuous. While not common, games have given unique codes or had you create unique accounts on Steam before for review purposes. Also disingenuous is the unfinished games bit. This has been going on for at least the last 10-15 years with the ability to patch the game day one. Reviewers are given a guide that explains what is bugged or missing from the build. Mike Williams of US Gamer, who posts on some enthusiast boards, has pretty much said this is a common practice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •