Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Ironically you learn more about and have more of an emotional impact with their minions than you do with the Calpyso's. Jack was also edgy and memey, but he actually did stuff. He felt like a threat, Hyperion felt like a threat. Nothing the Calpyso's did came close to Jack.
    I'm up to chapter 14 and they've done at the very least everything that Jack did. Not sure how you can't consider them a threat, what more did you need them to do?

I... let me answer that with a question- what did they do that puts them on the level of Jack?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Epic just needs to get all the same features as Steam and all will be well, until then I will not play anything that cannot be cloud saved, so basically Dauntless and a handful of others.

- - - Updated - - -

I plan on grabbing a cracked version to try it out since once again surprise surprise there is no demo for a AAA game like this. Then I will get the GOTY edition once it is like 30$ in a year.
    Funny to say, that 2K helped develop one of features on EGS before game launches. Pre-Load i mean.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

Classic WoW is keeping me busy, so in no rush to get this game, but how is it?

I see SJW and crap story comments, I'm not overly fussed about story in a looter shooter. It bothers me when they cater to SJW, but not enough to stop me buying a game.

Heard complaints about too much loot, loved it in TD2 at first, but that game just has too much loot so it turned annoying fast (problem with too much loot is, that it means majority is shite).

I was never impressed with the controls in BL2, have they improved a lot?

Heard complaints about keybinds, they legit?

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's not like it matter at that point. After 6 months everyone who was actually interested in playing the game would have already bought it through epic.
    So you are saying anyone waiting for non-exclusive release will never buy the game?

Found this screenshot on reddit.

Madness

https://i.redd.it/rn0by9up96n31.png

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Pretty much this. But don't tell Valve shills this or their delusional fantasy will be shattered.
    At least Steam-Users still have common sense. Because really: do you think that big companies pay 30% on steam like any other small indie company. And i rather give the developers even more money than epic: last game i purchased that run on steam gave steam around 0% off the cut. I bought the key in the shop of the developer and they send me a key. Developers can create keys for their own store with a 0% cut. With this i support the devs more than the 12% cut on epic-game store. And i also don't pay with my data for a company that works with the chinese government supporting their new social credit system. No thanks.

But hey, maybe in half a year it's out on xbox game pass or somewhere else. Because really: i would buy it on any platform except epic. Yes, even origin or windows store.

I... let me answer that with a question- what did they do that puts them on the level of Jack?
    Well, they bring about as much death and destruction then, of course, you have Tyreen stealing Lilith's powers and Troy killing Maya.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    So you are saying anyone waiting for non-exclusive release will never buy the game?
    No, I'm saying they were never going to buy it at release regardless of whether or not it came out on Steam.

It's not like it matter at that point. After 6 months everyone who was actually interested in playing the game would have already bought it through epic.
    I am more than interested but i am gonna wait for it on steam. And maybe all the bugs will be fixed by then...

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Except for a story or writing.
    The story is just a means to an end. The story and writing in the first game was fucking laughable, and the only thing holding the 2nd one slightly together was because it had one of the best villains in recent times, not because it had good writing or story (Roland backstab says hello)

I am a huge BL fan and am immensely interested and excited for this game. I have no plans to buy it from Epic.

Well, they bring about as much death and destruction then, of course, you have Tyreen stealing Lilith's powers and Troy killing Maya.
    You may want to spoiler that, I realize it's been a few days but still.

I disagree with both. Immensely. Lillith was pretty much directly responsible for the events of Borderlands 2 and driving Jack off the cliff. While he was rolling down the hill to the ravine to begin with, Lillith gave him a supercharged kick off the ledge, so when she lost her powers, I was thinking 'Good, fair, next, sorted.'

As for Maya, it was not the same with Jack and Roland. Jack had agency, Jack had wit, Jack blasted Roland's ass with a magnum's kick.

Troy was... an accident, as he had no idea he could sap from anyone other than Tyreen. Additionally, I attributed 100% of the blame on Ava, her ratshit apprentice, who ignored her instructions repeatedly, despite having no combat value, and was placed in a position where she had to make an uninformed coinflip decision and lost. Then Ava stomps her feet, yells that it's Lilliths fault because she wanted to open vaults, basically behaves in a fashion in which a toddler receives a spanking for their efforts, and is given the keys to the Crimson Raiders at the end. I'd argue she's more of a threat to the universe than the Calypso's.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Jack was actually entertaining and a character you loved to hate. I feel like from what I've seen, Gearbox effectively made the Calypso Twins into memetastic shitlords who don't really have much substance to them in terms of being entertaining characters.
    I believe that's kind of the point considering who they are mimicking. They are weird characters playing a part without any actual real substance, just actors on a stage...

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    At least Steam-Users still have common sense. Because really: do you think that big companies pay 30% on steam like any other small indie company. And i rather give the developers even more money than epic: last game i purchased that run on steam gave steam around 0% off the cut. I bought the key in the shop of the developer and they send me a key. Developers can create keys for their own store with a 0% cut. With this i support the devs more than the 12% cut on epic-game store. And i also don't pay with my data for a company that works with the chinese government supporting their new social credit system. No thanks.

But hey, maybe in half a year it's out on xbox game pass or somewhere else. Because really: i would buy it on any platform except epic. Yes, even origin or windows store.
    ....if a publisher agrees to put their game on Steam, they are required to pay Steam 30% of profits no matter where you bought the game. No matter how big the publisher is. They basically bill the publisher. But sure. Keep supporting Valve and their monopoly.

Your hate for Epic is literally unwarranted. You don't even buy Borderlands 3 from the Store. You buy it from 2K's store. EGL is just what you use to play the fucking game.

Getting a refund on Steam: press buttons, fill out form, wait for refund.

Getting a refund from Epic: press buttons, fill out form, get email stating that they refunded my purchase to my epic account, point out that I wanted to have it put back on my card like I asked, told that I used Epic bucks to buy the product, email back and say I did not and I’d like proof, get told that it’s not something they need to do, send them a copy of my statement from their own fucking store to show them I used my CC and not store balance, get escalated twice after I pointed out they were liars and trying to steal from me, get my money back 3 weeks later.

Gee, I wonder why I would wait for Steam to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    He destroyed nothing. His posts are nothing but lies, strawman and degeneracy.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

Getting a refund from Epic: press buttons, fill out form, get email stating that they refunded my purchase to my epic account, point out that I wanted to have it put back on my card like I asked, told that I used Epic bucks to buy the product, email back and say I did not and I’d like proof, get told that it’s not something they need to do, send them a copy of my statement from their own fucking store to show them I used my CC and not store balance, get escalated twice after I pointed out they were liars and trying to steal from me, get my money back 3 weeks later.

Good thing I went with console... split-screen is a hoot.

I'm up to chapter 14 and they've done at the very least everything that Jack did. Not sure how you can't consider them a threat, what more did you need them to do?
    What villains do =/= the reaction/ presence they command

The Calypso's killed Maya
    Jack killed Roland

That's how they're the same - the difference is how the characters are presented. Hyperion itself is far more threatening than the CoV, which is far more amusing than intimidating. Generally speaking most bandits in BL3 die very fast and don't pose any real threat to you, the same cannot be said for the various Hyperion bots. If you didn't have a corrosive weapon some of those missions could actually be quite hard.

Then you have the characters themselves, the Calypso's literally wanted to be the most powerful and famous beings in the galaxy - that's not unique or interesting. Jack;s goal was to wipe out all bandits after what happened to his wife - which again, isn't that original but at least that a degree more of depth than the Calypso's who are literally just evil to be evil.

Then in some ways, Jack is sympathetic - he's not objectively evil for the most part - from the player point of view he certainly is but he was doing what he was doing because he wanted a better world, not because he wanted to be a god. When Lilith does what she does in the pre-sequel and betrayed Jack - I genuinely felt bad for him. Then we have how masterfully acted Jack was and how meh the Calypso's are.

You can have a villain destroy everything and kill everyone, but if they're not that interesting then people just won't care.

- - - Updated - - -

> implying Steam refunds never fuck up and this is the experience of every Epic user

Grow up dude, imagine thinking Steam being the only serious PC platform is a good thing. I hope more games go on epic frankly

- - - Updated - - -

You may want to spoiler that, I realize it's been a few days but still.

I disagree with both. Immensely. Lillith was pretty much directly responsible for the events of Borderlands 2 and driving Jack off the cliff. While he was rolling down the hill to the ravine to begin with, Lillith gave him a supercharged kick off the ledge, so when she lost her powers, I was thinking 'Good, fair, next, sorted.'

As for Maya, it was not the same with Jack and Roland. Jack had agency, Jack had wit, Jack blasted Roland's ass with a magnum's kick.

Troy was... an accident, as he had no idea he could sap from anyone other than Tyreen. Additionally, I attributed 100% of the blame on Ava, her ratshit apprentice, who ignored her instructions repeatedly, despite having no combat value, and was placed in a position where she had to make an uninformed coinflip decision and lost. Then Ava stomps her feet, yells that it's Lilliths fault because she wanted to open vaults, basically behaves in a fashion in which a toddler receives a spanking for their efforts, and is given the keys to the Crimson Raiders at the end. I'd argue she's more of a threat to the universe than the Calypso's.
    Maya literally planned for her death if you pay attention, blaming Ava makes no sense. Ava is probably one of the better written characters in Borderlands I'm afraid

Let's use spoiler tags for story discussion please. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-09-18 at 05:13 PM.

That's fuckin shitty, but I'd be curious as if this is commonplace or a one-off. Because while Valve is usually pretty great about refunds (I've used it twice, once for a random game and once for FO4 for running like hot-garbage and thankfully both were easy processes), it's not like they're perfect either.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I am a huge BL fan and am immensely interested and excited for this game. I have no plans to buy it from Epic.
    You can't be that much of a fan if the fact it's not on steam is stopping you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Can someone give me a recap of how the game is playing?
    Also, is it a full SJW-fest? I heard they removed the term "Midget" in favor of "Tink" which was just retarded but did they hold back on the borderlands humor?
    There's literally nothing in the game I would call "SJW"

And I'll be honest, I've never liked the humor in borderlands I think it tries too hard - there are more than a few occasions where I did legitimately laugh this game though