Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    yes doing a rerun thru of TVHM with M3 on would yield huge XP if done offline is 900% XP boost, but just farming bosses in normal with M3 you get same 900%.

i do have a moze i took thru TVHM, comparing loot drops and difficulty there is no difference normal M3 vs TVHM M3 that i see, switching back and forth, online or offline
    For the time being it is still better to run through TVHM because it gives you weapons and mods with higher item scores which generally means despite being lvl 50 like normal mode, the guns and such would still be better.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Legendary loot drop rates are horribly nerfed in the online version of the game.
    something Gearbox needs to look at, i do slaughter shaft solo offline and get 30+ legendaries (no joke), plus 900% XP from M3 modifier. online is like 50% XP and lucky to get 10 legendaries.

there are multiple versions of the game in mechanics, plus players not going online to receive the updates/nerfs, maintaining a second game kept offline creates other versions of borderlands 3.

i'm holding off nerf/updates until their halloween DLC event, so my lucian, lyuda, hex grenades, and flakker are still OP to build up guardian ranks more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    For the time being it is still better to run through TVHM because it gives you weapons and mods with higher item scores which generally means despite being lvl 50 like normal mode, the guns and such would still be better.
    get same weapons, same item level, farming bosses on M3 whether normal or TVHM, imo, should not be that way. OFFLINE, do not bother online

TVHM mode gave me better side quest rewards, well because i saved them and i was at 50. may dupe a level 50 player who has also not done side quest in normal, and see what they are in normal M3

Legendary loot drop rates are horribly nerfed in the online version of the game.
    Honestly the nerfed loot drop is still way better than in BL2.

Unlike BL2 however the legendary guns in BL3 are mostly ass.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Honestly the nerfed loot drop is still way better than in BL2.

Unlike BL2 however the legendary guns in BL3 are mostly ass.
    good news, they wont be mostly ass soon, they will all be total ass after the next 3 months of nerfs

RIP Flakker and Hex builds.

I don't get why some people are playing offline just to avoid patches and make the game easier with broken OP items. Game is already pretty easy, even after patches, and legendary loot rate is still very generous. Looks like some people can only have fun on easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I don't get why some people are playing offline just to avoid patches and make the game easier with broken OP items. Game is already pretty easy, even after patches, and legendary loot rate is still very generous. Looks like some people can only have fun on easy mode.
    Not really. Gearbox fucked up big time with it's clearly inappropriate drop rates and loot tables, and history dictates that taking things from people never goes over well. Not to mention this is the first time that a company is going by hotfixes (probably to bypass console patching authentication nonsense) to address it which leads to people... well doing that.

And yeah, another point of contention is that GB is nerfing/fixing things when there is no content that really needs it. BL2 shipped with Terra, a raid boss. BL3 has nothing, for about a month outside of a really shitty event every week. Even with things super balanced, there's no challenging content, and people who think they got the best items (because there is always a best item) and saw them nerfed, understandably think "Well what's the point of playing the game and kitting my character out to the maximum, there's a chance the items I got will just get nerfed".
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

You're totally right. I'm going to purposefully play online to make the grind 10 times longer on myself, because if there's one thing that defines 'fun' it's making a mindless grind even longer.

Because some people only play games where the enemy will stand there and fall over when they are looked at. Or as soon as they get the game they'd look for cheat codes or if a game is on steam check the workshop to get the mod that's basically insta win. (Talking about games in general)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just don't see a point, it's not an online game, if people want to do OP stuff let them. If people want to co-op they can discuss what they want to use and what they don't.
    That's how you get power creep. How do you make new items in a game when people are clinging to the same 4-5 items?

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    That's how you get power creep. How do you make new items in a game when people are clinging to the same 4-5 items?
    Your post caused me to have visions of the BL2 bullet sponges...

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Your post caused me to have visions of the BL2 bullet sponges...
    BL2 was a horrible balanced game simply because it was balanced around skag debuff. While people shat on The pre-sequel, it was actually amazingly tuned throughout the game

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    BL2 was a horrible balanced game simply because it was balanced around skag debuff. While people shat on The pre-sequel, it was actually amazingly tuned throughout the game
    I can only hope BL3's UVHM is more like Pre-Sequel's instead of BL2's; health regen on enemies was not fun both to fight against and because it made so many specs crap (Gaige's shock tree outside of elemental Deathtrap for instance).
    I was right

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    something Gearbox needs to look at, i do slaughter shaft solo offline and get 30+ legendaries (no joke), plus 900% XP from M3 modifier. online is like 50% XP and lucky to get 10 legendaries.
    I still think it's worth having a full party despite the legendary loot nerf, You're still getting more XP because there are more enemies (and a higher chance of Badass/Anointed Spawning) and IMO getting slightly more Legendary loot drops with a full party.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-21 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    there's no challenging content
    At least we agree on that.

You're totally right. I'm going to purposefully play online to make the grind 10 times longer on myself, because if there's one thing that defines 'fun' it's making a mindless grind even longer.
    Grinding what? Guardian ranks? More OP items? Game is ultra easy in M3 even with non-BiS items. What's the point of grinding?

This game is pretty much dead until the DLC.

I can't invest time grinding for well-performing items, knowing they will just get nerfed into the ground. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    This game is pretty much dead until the DLC.

I can't invest time grinding for well-performing items, knowing they will just get nerfed into the ground. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way.
    Considering this isn't a GAAS title not sure why people think it wouldn't be considered “dead” though once you've completed the content.

Obviously all this nerf complaining on the board shows people didn't watch the live stream the devs did too to explain these last few nerfs were not something they were going to continue doing....

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Considering this isn't a GAAS title not sure why people think it wouldn't be considered “dead” though once you've completed the content.

Obviously all this nerf complaining on the board shows people didn't watch the live stream the devs did too to explain these last few nerfs were not something they were going to continue doing....
    They thoroughly explain everything in the notes.

Hell they even did it for Battleborn when any other dev would have dumped well before they stopped supporting it.

I can see both sides of the argument but if two or two items dominated the game that much then something was wrong.

I can't speak for others, I still use Hex and Flakker on Moze. They are still two brain dead items to uses.

Bit confused as to what was actually nerfed about Hex. Was it the chain lightning bit or the actual explosion?
    I was right

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They thoroughly explain everything in the notes.

Hell they even did it for Battleborn when any other dev would have dumped well before they stopped supporting it.

I can see both sides of the argument but if two or two items dominated the game that much then something was wrong.

I can't speak for others, I still use Hex and Flakker on Moze. They are still two brain dead items to uses.
    But they cant mindlessly farm Graveward in 3s, now it takes ENTIRE 4s to mindlessly farm him. Oh the horror, the world is ruined! RUINED!