Thread: PVP guides

PVP guides

I'm looking for an up to date guide on lock pvp, specifically affliction for rated bgs. don't really care for destro/Demo pvp until i can get the gear/traits for those. Anyone got a source for this? The lock discord is somewhat helpful; but i'd rather read a guide up to date with traits/talents rather than asking a whole bunch of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I'm looking for an up to date guide on lock pvp, specifically affliction for rated bgs. don't really care for destro/Demo pvp until i can get the gear/traits for those. Anyone got a source for this? The lock discord is somewhat helpful; but i'd rather read a guide up to date with traits/talents rather than asking a whole bunch of questions.
    I dont think the pros are writing guides about affliction atm because destruction is better at almost everything in rated pvp.
    I know that Maldiva has a youtube-channel but i dont know if he stills plays affliction due to mentioned reasons.
    There is a guide on Wowhead you could check out: https://www.wowhead.com/affliction-warlock-pvp-guide
    Skill-capped probably has a few videos but its behind a paywall unfortunately.

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I dont think the pros are writing guides about affliction atm because destruction is better at almost everything in rated pvp.
    I know that Maldiva has a youtube-channel but i dont know if he stills plays affliction due to mentioned reasons.
    There is a guide on Wowhead you could check out: https://www.wowhead.com/affliction-warlock-pvp-guide
    Skill-capped probably has a few videos but its behind a paywall unfortunately.

Hope it helps!

I appreciate the response. Thanks!

Affliction PvP guide. Take the spec, and flush it down the toilet. The End.

Go Destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderson View Post
    Affliction PvP guide. Take the spec, and flush it down the toilet. The End.

Go Destro.
    What about RBGs and Affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    What about RBGs and Affliction?
    Even in RBG's Destro is better.

Infernal is a way better cooldown than Darkglare, plus UA is a joke when its dispelled. You cant dispel Chaosbolts.

When they nerfed the traits for PvP by 50%, the drain life nuke is gone. So as Affy you will only have pressure vs teams that don't dispel. Even with that you wont have any kill setups.

I have hit EFC's for 160k Chaosbolt, that had 1.4 sec cast time. (with all procs available).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderson View Post
    Even in RBG's Destro is better.

Infernal is a way better cooldown than Darkglare, plus UA is a joke when its dispelled. You cant dispel Chaosbolts.

When they nerfed the traits for PvP by 50%, the drain life nuke is gone. So as Affy you will only have pressure vs teams that don't dispel. Even with that you wont have any kill setups.

I have hit EFC's for 160k Chaosbolt, that had 1.4 sec cast time. (with all procs available).
    Damn. Thanks for the info, I think I will try out Destro then.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Damn. Thanks for the info, I think I will try out Destro then.
    Here are some tips.

Best main trait: Flashpoint, try to get 3 of these and in order of usefulness the rest traits
    Chaotic Inferno > Bursting Flare > Crashing Chaos > Chaos Shards.

Mastery = Haste > Versatility > Crit

For PvP talents. (quoting Wallirikz)

Focused Chaos is a must-have talent as Chaos Bolt does not hit hard without it

Demon Armor should always be used against teams with a melee

Entrenched in Flame is extremely versatile as the root does not break from damage which means it can be used to peel and get casts off

Nether Ward should be used against caster teams and to reflect Sinister Gladiator’s Maledict if you expect to be targeted