View Poll Results: Illidari vs Scourge

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Illidari

    30 24.39%
  • Scourge

    93 75.61%
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Illidari vs Scourge

    Which of these two factions will win in a full-scale war? Illidan has all his forces at the time of BС(fel orcs, demons and others) + Demon Hunters + Kael'thas Forces + Magtheridon+Gruul and his forces
    The Lich King has all his forces at the time of WOTLK + DK

  2. #2
    The Scourge, obviously.
    Reason for that is that the magic behind the Scourge (death) is the only weakness of fel magic.
    Furthermore, with Kael'thas forces the Scourge would have enough bodies to resurrect and fight on their side

  3. #3
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,220
    Illidari destroyed an entire world.

    I’d imagine with an army of demon hunters they’d be more than a match for the scourge.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Transhumanism View Post
    The Scourge, obviously.
    Reason for that is that the magic behind the Scourge (death) is the only weakness of fel magic.
    Whaaaaaaaat?

  5. #5
    Apparently, the scourge WITHOUT the Lich King is even more terrifying

  6. #6
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Illidari destroyed an entire world.

    I’d imagine with an army of demon hunters they’d be more than a match for the scourge.
    Well they did, but not cause they were powerful enough to do so, but because Illidan pulled a Nerzhul, the Illidari worked as a distraction (a really good and powerful one)

    Note: In the end, i do think that the Scourge would end up winning, even though the Illidari are quite strong, many of its forces are also going to eventually become reinforcement for the Scourge, and the Illidari doesn't have any powerful weapon against the Scourge (as their main power is against demons not undeads, so that doesn't give that much of an advantage, while the magic of "death" is quite effective against the Illidari forces)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Whaaaaaaaat?
    Is not the only weakness, but the death magic can (depending how powerful the spell is) evade the demon soul to even going back to the nether to reform, though i don't think is that relevant as most forces of the illidari are living creatures (so the scourge can use them after they slay them)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well they did, but not cause they were powerful enough to do so, but because Illidan pulled a Nerzhul, the Illidari worked as a distraction (a really good and powerful one)

    Note: In the end, i do think that the Scourge would end up winning, even though the Illidari are quite strong, many of its forces are also going to eventually become reinforcement for the Scourge, and the Illidari doesn't have any powerful weapon against the Scourge (as their main power is against demons not undeads, so that doesn't give that much of an advantage, while the magic of "death" is quite effective against the Illidari forces)

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is not the only weakness, but the death magic can (depending how powerful the spell is) evade the demon soul to even going back to the nether to reform, though i don't think is that relevant as most forces of the illidari are living creatures (so the scourge can use them after they slay them)
    Where did you get this information?

  8. #8
    The aftermath of The Frozen Throne basically had them on equal terms and the Scourge still won. The Scourge at their height gains way more power, as I don't see the fel orcs and a few extra demons as that threatening (and I very much doubt that Maghtheridon would fight for Illidan).

  9. #9
    the scourge, as illidans forces die on the battlefield, the scourge's numbers increase

  10. #10
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,198
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Where did you get this information?
    I can't verify it for you right now, as i would have to look it up (to give you reference), so if you wish put that information as void for the moment (until proven otherwise), though still i do think that this is a little irrelevant for this discussion, as most of Illidan forces are mere humanoids, also there's a lot of different information about demon deaths (it was pointed out that if they die in a place satured by Fel energy they would trully die, it was also said that if they die in Argus, they trully die, but in Legion when we got to Argus, it was stated otherwise)

  11. #11
    The scourge already beat Illidan and his forces in TFT, even with his two "generals" being Kael'thas and Lady Vashj present.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    The scourge already beat Illidan and his forces in TFT, even with his two "generals" being Kael'thas and Lady Vashj present.
    It was only part of the Illidari forces, he had only nagas and blood elves, no fel orcs or demons (or, moreover, demon hunters) while they were fighting right at the very heart of the Scourge

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I can't verify it for you right now, as i would have to look it up (to give you reference), so if you wish put that information as void for the moment (until proven otherwise), though still i do think that this is a little irrelevant for this discussion, as most of Illidan forces are mere humanoids, also there's a lot of different information about demon deaths (it was pointed out that if they die in a place satured by Fel energy they would trully die, it was also said that if they die in Argus, they trully die, but in Legion when we got to Argus, it was stated otherwise)
    I know the lore, why are you talking about the death of demons in places saturated with Fel and the magic of Death?
    Last edited by darkoms; 2019-10-23 at 10:44 PM.

  13. #13
    Not sure why base on Op posts so far he assume majority will vote with Illidari >)) lol

    Kaeltas army + Grull army would pretty much be a nice addition to Arthas army, they can't do shit against the scourge, honestly speaking I can see Arthas alone solo them, i don't think we need scourge here, power wise Magtheridon is weaker than Arthas, what remain is Illidan+Illidari vs Scourge+Arthas, if we are talking about Illidan from Legion i can see some hopes of winning( i didn't follow the story so i don't know how powerful Illidan got in Legion), overall the way he was in TBC i rank him bellow Arthas at the end of Wotlk power wise, still i don't think there is enough Illidari to finish scourge off, if they had a bigger number maybe

  14. #14
    if we are talking about ALL Illidari (Demons, Demon Hunters, Fel Orcs, etc) then Illidari.

    for some reason, Illidan forgot to bring them when he attacked the Frozen Throne after he conquered Outland (well, not DH's because they weren't made yet).

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    if we are talking about ALL Illidari (Demons, Demon Hunters, Fel Orcs, etc) then Illidari.

    for some reason, Illidan forgot to bring them when he attacked the Frozen Throne after he conquered Outland.
    OP is talking about Scourge at the end of WOTLK +DK

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    It was only part of the Illidari forces, he had only naked and blood elves, no fel orcs or demons (or, moreover, demon hunters) while they were fighting right at the very heart of the Scourge
    Oh that's a good point. But the scourge wasn't really at its peak either if I remember correctly? Considering The Lich King at the time was weakened, and other factors like only one death knight present as Arthas even while just getting his powers back throughout the battle, having to battle some minions of the Old Gods and Nerubians just prior, etc. But I'm sure no Demon Hunters around plays a big influence over the result though.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    OP is talking about Scourge at the end of WOTLK +DK
    then it's a good match.

    I definitely don't see either of them stomping each other.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-03-27 at 09:39 PM.

  18. #18
    will the scourge have all its leaders back? like all the bosses from naax and ICC and the lichking? illidary can have them all back too, that be a pretty cool battle.

  19. #19
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,438
    The Illidari have destroyed planets, if going all out I'd say the Illidari have a chance at winning, not much the scourge can do as zombies floating around in space.

    I guess it boils down to when exactly in BC are the illidari in this scenario from, does it count the elite demon hunters that go to Marduum?
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2019-03-27 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    then it's a good match.

    I definitely don't see either of them stomping each other.
    Ah,i reread OP post again, Its Illidari from TBC against Scourge from WOTLK, I have no hesitation that scourge stomp, i tough its the one from Legion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •