Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The double charge was always hilarious in duels. Then you'd both have to casually walk back toward each other to fight.

I can't wait for classic Wow to launch! The forums are going to be the bestest! Full of People who weren't there and now seeing it for what it really was not what they hoped lol . Shock is coming to a lot of people. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Funny how the guild i was in couldn't get items traded
    Really? Sucks to be you, then. Or people were just saying they couldn't so they could keep the items?

Quote Originally Posted by Echorausch View Post
    Not true, or I wouldn't call it "loot trading" in the sense of how it is nowadays. Yes, you could write to GM and have an items moved to another player, but only on rare occasions, like when an item was distributed wrong.
    Which is the exact reason for loot trading. It was done either to sell the items for in game materials for raiding or for straight gold. Quite commonly. Would it make you guys feel better if blizzard programmed a fake GM bot to talk you through the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The question is whether this will result in a DC or not!

I still have it happen occasionally in current-day WoW, but it certainly was a lot more common to have odd PvP spell resolves in classic. Crazy stuff can happen, especially when it comes to CC's. Although this won't be real classic unless I can get feared by a Warlock and fall through the world. Wife did it to me a few times...
    and maybe exactly these things and the resulting unforseenable behaviours gave the game deep.

wow will never become that super precise high level pvp game. if ppl searching for this they should look at other games, not wow. so why want ppl that wow try to aim at this while just become a static predictable horrible boring shit game instead of a game with funny situations and special moments ?

i know literally zero persons that say: „omg i remember how i brainlessly killed that 10 completely underwhelming mobs in WoD“ while i know a lot of ppl saying „remembering when we tried to kill that sea giants in STV at lower levels and fought them around 6mins while using all stuff we had and finally killed them? what a nice memory“.

a game with roughs and curves is way more funny, even when not great designed, than a mindless perfect designed game. why ? because later one is simply fucking boring.

Quote Originally Posted by noidtymer View Post
    All of you that think you want Classic are in for a world of hurt. Most of you probably barely played it, if at all.
    Yikes! Talk about the amount of people crying every time the Classic Devs post an announcement. It seems like the Classic Devs are doing a much better job at listening to the playerbase than the retail--and the game isn't even out yet. You people should at least wait until it's released to cry because it will overtake retail in popularity. It'll be like RS3 and OSRS.

Can't wait!!

The hype increases every time they announce something. loving it

As Long as they don't implement diminishing return I'm oke. I'll take a druid, search a warrior and press a Macro Button on my keyboard that keeps him rooted for days.

I can make a macro
    /tar playername
    /use root

and everytime he logs back into the game he is rooted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    I can't wait for classic Wow to launch! The forums are going to be the bestest! Full of People who weren't there and now seeing it for what it really was not what they hoped lol . Shock is coming to a lot of people. Good Luck.
    You mean an actually immersive MMORPG? Yeah I’ll be super shocked to take a break from Classic for 6 months and come back and see my character is just as powerful as I left him.

7+ Year Old Account
    So vanish is going to start failing regularly again... great. I played this game for 8 years with shitty failing vanish pissing me off every time it happened. It was finally fixed during MoP and that was one of the best behind the scenes improvements to the code I ever noticed in the game. Now they want to roll that back for classic. Ugh.

It's official Classic is now a religion, instead of fixing the issues we get blue posts like this, they have a great chance to elevate that game but gave in to that very small and very loud group of people that want that game to be as shit as it was because it will give them there youth back and delete there mortgages.

I like what the Classic team has done so far. I feel like they keep making the right decisions.
    And things like this made PVP fun for me.

Yes many classes had something that made them "IMBA" in a way. But it also made them special and fun.
    Trying to make everything equal made it boring for me.

Yes i got angry alot, when it was (or seemed) just unfair to me, but afterwards it was all the more rewarding when it was the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    60second double polymorph lel
    Nope; 60 seconds polymorph does not exist in Vanilla WoW; because Polymorph could not go 60 seconds long. Rank 3 Polymorph was the maximum in Vanilla, and that is actually 50 seconds. Only later (bc?) mages got a 1 minute Polymorph.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    As Long as they don't implement diminishing return I'm oke. I'll take a druid, search a warrior and press a Macro Button on my keyboard that keeps him rooted for days.

I can make a macro
    /tar playername
    /use root

and everytime he logs back into the game he is rooted again.
    Diminishing returns existed in Vanilla, though. They've said Classic is based on 1.12, and Entangling Roots specifically was made to have diminishing returns in 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    So vanish is going to start failing regularly again... great. I played this game for 8 years with shitty failing vanish pissing me off every time it happened. It was finally fixed during MoP and that was one of the best behind the scenes improvements to the code I ever noticed in the game. Now they want to roll that back for classic. Ugh.
    You are not the target audience for this game if you have a problem with that, and you can go cry to your mom about it for all we care.

CC is going to be so incredibly broken in classic, with today's game knowledge and macros. It's gonna be interesting to follow.

I mean, compare to then where 1 out of every 20 warlocks knew how to use even half of their skills, and now more will.

DR did exist back then ? soooo ? what?

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    It's official Classic is now a religion, instead of fixing the issues we get blue posts like this, they have a great chance to elevate that game but gave in to that very small and very loud group of people that want that game to be as shit as it was because it will give them there youth back and delete there mortgages.
    Salt. Projecting. Sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    it will overtake retail in popularity.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL *deep breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Classic will be a big hit, i myself will be joining in on the fun for a while. It's popularity will start to drop after about 3 months. People will see that their nostalgia is juts that, and the game itself is more harsh than they remember. People now whine about short rep grinds.... what the hell are they going to do when the find out how long it used to take to get from 1-60. And no mounts til 40 and then it's just your slow one. Most people dont remember the lack of quality of life. And some like that, and that's totally fine. But as i was saying, youre going to get less and less people playing over time until it plateaus out somewhere around 8-12 months from release.

10+ Year Old Account
    if spell batching is your main concern with wow classic just go ahead and kill yourself right now.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenembers View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL *deep breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Classic will be a big hit, i myself will be joining in on the fun for a while. It's popularity will start to drop after about 3 months. People will see that their nostalgia is juts that, and the game itself is more harsh than they remember. People now whine about short rep grinds.... what the hell are they going to do when the find out how long it used to take to get from 1-60. And no mounts til 40 and then it's just your slow one. Most people dont remember the lack of quality of life. And some like that, and that's totally fine. But as i was saying, youre going to get less and less people playing over time until it plateaus out somewhere around 8-12 months from release.
    I'm not a super lover of classic like some people, but I think you are grossly underestimating how fresh and exciting classic will be for many people in spite of the grinds and changes to the game.

I think something that people aren't taking into account is the idea that they get to start fresh on a server where everything is brand new. This means that people will have a shot at making an impact on a brand new economy, brand new raiding scene, farming mats, being the first to get gear, etc. This alone is a factor which will be fresh and exciting outside of the desire for a change in gameplay that some people so desperately want.

I am not vested in the success of classic in any way shape or form, I am just speculating that it will indeed be popular for a variety of reasons. And its popularity will be great even if you love retail. A rising tide raises all ships, and as a community, we should be happy for the success of the game in general.