Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    I'm just here for the no change crying
    I'm here to instigate it
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    As a warrior during Vanilla I can attest that the Charge thing happened a lot...
    The question is whether this will result in a DC or not!

I still have it happen occasionally in current-day WoW, but it certainly was a lot more common to have odd PvP spell resolves in classic. Crazy stuff can happen, especially when it comes to CC's. Although this won't be real classic unless I can get feared by a Warlock and fall through the world. Wife did it to me a few times...
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Yes Blizzard that's what we want. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    changes loot trading

"authenticity is our primary concern"

k
    Loot trading 100% existed in Vanilla from day one. You just bothered a GM about it and I don't think Blizzard intends to hire GMs for the sole reason to trade loot for players.

Lots of retail babies crying in here because they’re realizing Classic actually has a passionate dev team and is communicating openly. They’ll be in more of a shock when Classic has more active players than retail one year after release. Tens of thousands already play vanilla private servers daily and then what percentage of Classic WoW players does that actually represent? 5%? 1%? That doesn’t even include popular community figures like Asmon and Nixxiom who are just waiting to jump ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Loot trading 100% existed in Vanilla from day one. You just bothered a GM about it and I don't think Blizzard intends to hire GMs for the sole reason to trade loot for players.
    Funny how the guild i was in couldn't get items traded

Quote Originally Posted by noidtymer View Post
    All of you that think you want Classic are in for a world of hurt. Most of you probably barely played it, if at all.
    Did you really make an account just to say that? LOL
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic team is doing a good job listening to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    when your paladin's bubble spell triggers and a cool down is used but you fucking die yeah that's enjoyable
    As a healer this fucking sucks. It was annoying in 2005 and it will be in 2019. If I react in time in order to save the tank I don't want a laggy server letting him die..

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Lots of retail babies crying in here because they’re realizing Classic actually has a passionate dev team and is communicating openly. They’ll be in more of a shock when Classic has more active players than retail one year after release. Tens of thousands already play vanilla private servers daily and then what percentage of Classic WoW players does that actually represent? 5%? 1%? That doesn’t even include popular community figures like Asmon and Nixxiom who are just waiting to jump ship.
    People play on those servers because they are FREE. I think you underestimate how much people don't want to pay for things. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? I predict Classic servers will be fucking ghost towns a couple months after launch.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    when your paladin's bubble spell triggers and a cool down is used but you fucking die yeah that's enjoyable
    Yup. Always hated seeing Lay on Hands go on cooldown as I died. It seems silly to want this in game when it clearly was only happening due to lack of a better system.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by hermansen View Post
    I honestly don't believe that most classic people will return to live even if they get bored. Pretty pathetic that you actually want the classic project to fail when a lot of people are really looking forward to it. #EADS
    Exactly...in fact I'm currently unsubscribed and as of this moment unlikely to buy anymore expansions because systems like Azerite traits and mission tables make me gag..I will, however, be re-subscribing to play Classic and I am looking very much forward to doing that warts and all.

my only hope is that the Dev team stays strong and doesn't succumb to the whining of all the crybabies that have learned to have everything handed to them and spoiled in the process. Classic Wow is called Classic for a reason. If you want all the QoL improvements of later versions, and the other garbage that goes with it, play retail and leave Classic alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffenbeard View Post
    You may think this is silly, but they actually do this in Oldschool Runescape with high success. Any change to the game requires a 75% of player votes
    I've been saying since for ever ago they should have IN GAME polls/surveys (kinda like how a GM ticket will stay on your screen until you take care of it. I always see "the majority of players this and that", where you getting these numbers from? Have a poll so we can establish factual opinions. That's cool to see a game do that, wish they'd do that in WoW.

I'm not very interested in playing classic in any serious capacity, but I really like these more technical posts that talk about how the game used to work and works today. Blizzard has historically not talked about these things much so it's pretty cool to see.

Stupid it was like this because of technical limitations why stop there? Add an artificial server lag 800ms delay for everything and fps limit down to 10 when you enter crowded area such as raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Stupid it was like this because of technical limitations why stop there? Add an artificial server lag 800ms delay for everything and fps limit down to 10 when you enter crowded area such as raids.
    umm no? That kind of latency was mostly my side personally(usually 250-300ish). High ms was due to dial up (higher net was avail but I was a child and had no control over my family's fortune and internet) FPS limits also another personal limit. I literally dcd in cities because of how bad my pc was. My dad had to log into my account from his house to get me out of stormwind.

Atleast make reasonable suggestions if anything.

Thumbs up

As a rogue player it benefits me more to have a more fluid battle, cause i can wait to the last moments to kick/gouge/blind/stun.

That said, this is WoW Classic, and this proyect goes about giving the community WoW Classic to play, so all the mechanics should be like they were in 2004-2006.

So good job Classic dev team, keep going like this.
    Last edited by JuanSR; 2019-03-28 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSR View Post
    As a rogue player it benefits me more to have a more fluid battle, cause i can wait to the last moments to kick/gouge/blind/stun.
    This, and you also want Vanish to, you know, actually WORK. Which it didn't for like the first few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Not true, or I wouldn't call it "loot trading" in the sense of how it is nowadays. Yes, you could write to GM and have an items moved to another player, but only on rare occasions, like when an item was distributed wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Ok, so this change will add about 1-2 months of average player attention before quitting.

Instead of 6 months, they'll play about 8 and stay on live wow instead.

Does this upset you? I'm sorry but that's how I feel. #SorryNotSorry
    I have a shocking news for you. There are exist group of people that will be still playing the Classic WoW over Live for looooong time. EverQuest's vanilla servers proved that.