Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else want a playable Dragonoid race?

I really miss playing my Iksar and Sarnak in EQ. Lizard/Dragon races are the coolest shit.

Instead of releasing a 17239rd Elf race, Blizz should release a Dragonoid race please and thank you.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Prior to the release of Cata, there was actually a plan to implement a dragonkin race to the Alliance. The concept was later scrapped in place of worgen, although they sort of did make their way into game as a mob called dragonmen.

A dragonman is a type of dragonkin. Maloriak was a human kidnapped by Nefarian and fused with the corpse of a dragonspawn.
    I wouldn't mind seeing dragonman make their way as an allied race, especially since sethrak seem extremely unlikely now. Maybe tied into Wrathion with a Middle Eastern or East African aesthetic.

Yeah I wish some reptil playable race as well, we have enough furries already and some scale guys would be a welcome addition
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Where did you hear about "dragonmen"? I've never heard anything about it before.
    If you're referring to the race in-game, they appear in Blackwing Descent and the WoD version of Blackrock Foundry. If you're referring to the original concept of them as a playable race, you can probably find the Cataclysm Q&A on YouTube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Prior to the release of Cata, there was actually a plan to implement a dragonkin race to the Alliance. The concept was later scrapped in place of worgen, although they sort of did make their way into game as a mob called dragonmen.

I wouldn't mind seeing dragonman make their way as an allied race, especially since sethrak seem extremely unlikely now. Maybe tied into Wrathion with a Middle Eastern or East African aesthetic.

Those actually look similar to the Sarnaks from EQ. Sarnaks are red and scalier, but otherwise, they are skinny dragon dudes like those.

If I could choose one, it would be the beefier Whelpguards: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Death_Talon_Whelpguard
    Last edited by Saverem; 2019-03-28 at 09:25 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Honestly I'd love a dragonoid playable race! Im done with small fluffy characters and would love some proper tooth and claw models! I do think it could be next if Wrathion comes back from the Dragon Isles

Just wait until a Dragon and a Human have their first child half dragon and half human but full of human potential and we will have a dragon race playable.

Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    Just wait until a Dragon and a Human have their first child half dragon and half human but full of human potential and we will have a dragon race playable.
    Hell no, that is even worse than the usual half elves.

Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    Dammit, Jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Dammit, Jaina.
    Hell no, let her bang the damn lizard if they want kids they can adopt, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only if they're alliance.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

yeah something like Endless Legends' Drakken would be pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Hell no, let her bang the damn lizard if they want kids they can adopt, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.
    Have you managed to brain bleach out Kalecgos? I wish I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Now that the flights are essentially going their own way, I do think it would be kinda neat to see the colors throwing in with the factions.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Where did you hear about "dragonmen"? I've never heard anything about it before.
    Kyrak? Maloriak? Tarvus? and "At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment that something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race. It may have been these dragonmen." I love how you had said you never heard anything about it before like you're some expert rofl. All you had to do is google "dragonmen wow" and you'd get a million answers.

I would prefer dragon based class.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Well, those Dragonoid / Lizzards dosen`t exist in WoW.. Why should the now exist???

lorewise is posssible, but i dont see them joining the horde

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Well, those Dragonoid / Lizzards dosen`t exist in WoW.. Why should the now exist???
    Even if this statement was true, I don't get the logic. Should we never see anything new in wow? I get that people have their preferred non playable race that was introduced between Vanilla and WoD, but I don't think that's any reason to oppose new lore.

I want a dragon race to play, especially if it ties into the expansion the way pandarens were in mists of pandaria. I want dragon-humanoid where the males can be either bulky or slender; like maloriak or a brutish/guard/bulky type. I want varying beaks/snouts options, wing options, tail options and depending on the dragonflight (new or old) we can pick the colors. I am excited for dragons!