Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Well, those Dragonoid / Lizzards dosen`t exist in WoW..
    The dragonkin say hi https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragonkin
    Why should the now exist???
    for lore and content development?

I think it's possible, through Wrathion. He could pick up his uncle Nefarian's Dragonman project, perfect it, and committ his new people to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think a Dragonkin/Drakonid type race would be interesting, but I'd prefer something that didn't look like Maloriak - I prefer the original Drakonid, just touched up and scaled down to normal PC heights.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I would absolutely love a dragon allied race. Dragonmen or Drakonid are fine by me. They could be introduced into the Alliance through Wrathion. We know he's close friends with Anduin and that he was in the Alliance Embassy during the BfA BlizzCon demo. Now, we've heard about the Dragon Isles. It seems like Blizzard is building up to something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Well, those Dragonoid / Lizzards dosen`t exist in WoW.. Why should the now exist???
    Drakonids, Sethrak, Sauroks are just 3 of them. Of those three, Sauroks are the only "Incredibly unlikely", with Sethrak and Drakonids being "If Blizz can fit them in"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i 've said it once , i 've said it only 3 times before: drakonid neutral race

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    "If Blizz can fit them in"
    With everything we've seen since "Merely a setback" and "There must always be a Lich King", you doubt their ability to BS an explanation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Hell no, that is even worse than the usual half elves.
    And by worse you obviously mean better. Sounds like the perfect Warcraft race, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    if i 've said it once , i 've said it only 3 times before: drakonid neutral race

They would have to be Alliance only; the black dragonflight is pretty much extinct, the bronze dragonflight i only see them joining the timekeepers faction, the blue dragonflight would follow kalecgos into the kirin tor and the green and Red dragonflight that are the protectors of life would go to the Alliance considering in the other side you have silvanas who has her own death campaign

I think it'd be a great opportunity to introduce a non-bidpedal race like the Dragonspawn, though I'm doubtful it will ever come to pass.

I said this on the FFXIV subforum when the new Hrothgar race was announced, but I think "beast races" in MMORPGs hardly ever look like anything other than men in rubber suits. Contrast that with say, the Charr from GW2, who very much looked like beasts: they were hunched over, had long manes of hair, and even ran on all fours (RIP plainsrunning Tauren). They looked and felt like "beasts" I wanted to play as. When I play a fantasy MMO where I can create my own character, I usually want to play as something other than myself, and beast races are are conceptually as far away from a human as you can get, but in practice they are usually just reskinned humans.

WoW has several quadrupedal races. It's a shame that Blizzard has never attempted to implement them. No, just because Naga can't wear shoes doesn't mean they can't be a playable race; just don't make shoes visible; they'd just be another non-visible gear slot like jewelry and trinkets. Not everything has to align one-to-one per race. There are plenty of other ways to create visual progression for a non-bipedal race, such as different wings, headpieces, scarab plates, horns, and so forth.

Dragonspawn

Nerubians

Or how about Tol'vir?

All these huge races... Just don't complain when you can't fit through doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

I want them! Playable dragonkind race using the worgen rig like the dragonman concept from cata. Alliance, brought by Wrathion, who finds the Dragon Isles (race hub) and becomes leader of local dragonman-like race.

No more playable races please. The game is far too bloated. Focus on quality quests/storylines for the races we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    No more playable races please. The game is far too bloated. Focus on quality quests/storylines for the races we already have.
    It's literally the only well received feature in BfA. And one of the major ones this expansion. Can we get this expansion feature for at least the duration of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Ain't going to happen (both because Blizzard doesn't do quality stories and because they don't give a shit about majority of the races as it is) so they could just as well go all out on playable races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Hopefully something like black dragonmen would be add a level of moral ambiguity to the Alliance. One thing that I liked about Deathwing (Pre-Cataclysm) was how politically adept he was, playing Orgrim's Horde while also managing to get Terenas to arrange a marriage between him and Calia. He was a character that could be Machiavellian, something the Alliance needs.

I would hope that something like a Wrathion-led race would have some of those qualities, albeit with a less chaotic goal.

7+ Year Old Account
    my second dream after ogres is actually a drakonid/dragonborn race like DnD

Wish they could do a Worgen route, and make the orcs from the dragonmaw clan became weredragons, cause the outland ones essentially do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Only if they're alliance.
    monster race? obviously alliance LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Prior to the release of Cata, there was actually a plan to implement a dragonkin race to the Alliance. The concept was later scrapped in place of worgen, although they sort of did make their way into game as a mob called dragonmen.

I wouldn't mind seeing dragonman make their way as an allied race, especially since sethrak seem extremely unlikely now. Maybe tied into Wrathion with a Middle Eastern or East African aesthetic.
    Huh, interesting!

Not gonna lie; they'd probably be pretty good candidates for an Allied Race, given they're essentially a heavily-involved reskin (and they're overhauling the Worgen model, anyways).

For their culture, I wouldn't be opposed to them just playing to the old "Wizard" tropes. You know, obsessed with knowledge, experiments, kind of a general "mad scientist" vibe. Maybe some among them would be a bit more ritualistic, while others are just generally aloof?

I'd like the Dragonmaw clan to "evolve" into something like it yes, dragons were always liked to the Horde since WC2 and would make a good addition.
    While we are at it I'd also love to see the Revantusk Trolls becoming the Horde's Worgen as a shapeshifting lynx race since forest Trolls mobs seem to like lynxes so much.

This way we'd have both the highly requested Dragonmaw and Forest Trolls allied races but with a neat twist to make them "more than a barber shop option" to the eyes of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And by worse you obviously mean better. Sounds like the perfect Warcraft race, actually.
    As long as they are not related to Dragons in any way, people like Argonians are fine, but being special halfbreed descendants etc. is just the same as the half elf trope.