Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You're arguing in bad faith. You built up a straw man, implying that I said all attractive people want attractive avatars, when I did nothing of the sort. Please try to do better.

Who wants to play as a fat guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Who wants to play as a fat guy?
    People with KT characters presumably. Next question?

I agree with everyone saying that KT not being catwalk-material makes a difference for a lot of players. However, I think there is more to it. Lots of people would make Ogres if they were ever introduced, because they are core creatures of the warcraft universe. KT humans are more obscure, people don't really have any history with them.
    Mother pus bucket!

i would roll a druid, but their moonkin form is just disgusting.
    those fat folds on their back make me wanna puke.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    People with KT characters presumably. Next question?
    You mean the people that supposedly are non existent?

Dat 0.3% representation of alliance population lul
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

People are probably either not bothered with the leveling AGAIN or refuses to pay for a race change. Theres quite alot of work to open up KT to be playable, and by that time I bet many people are bored already.

Its not like we get to play something new with KT. Its the same stuff, just a new race.

Dreadlord
    I made one, outlaw rogue, called her TriggleyPuff. Leveling her with the sole purpose of getting quests done in certain zones, so I don't do it on max level character.
    Too bad can't choose an blue hairs on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Can't tell if serious... It would make good sig material though, if it only wasn't so long.
    Lol, undead = edgy, animal races = furries, all other are generic high fantasy! LOL! Almost nobody wants to be fat or play as a fat char! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I don't know I've read anything as stupid as this post in a long, long time...

But I guess simple people make simpleton assumptions.
    Yes, they also guess a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Blunt or not, I actually believe this is the case, on an extremely generalized level. There's always going to be exceptions to the rule, of course. And you're also excluding the small group of people who have a genuine fat fetish.
    Well, it may be rude and of course, as always, there are many exceptions. I ment it as a provocative broad generalization and thought it would be obvious, many seem to take this comment way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i would roll a druid, but their moonkin form is just disgusting.
    those fat folds on their back make me wanna puke.
    Glyph of Stars mate!

Is that a genuine statistic or did you - how shall we say this - just pull it out of your ass?

Anyway sugarlips, let's come back in a couple of months and re-address this question.

I got a lot of buddies who racechanged to meme with the race, making silly transmogs and making fun out of the AR. They certainly are memeworthy material and have a comedic value to their looks.

You also have to consider the fact that they are basically just humans who were only recently made up within a known portion of the Warcraft universe. There's no appeal to them when it comes to Warcraft's story and they are there as a result of Blizzard's lack of idea when it comes to Alliance allied races. As someone said above, if they were made playable, ogres would be a hit among the players because they have a spot in the Warcraft franchise that goes back two decades. Kul Tirans are just gorillesque humans that should've been a customization option for the existing human race.

For an AR to be successful, it has to have one out of the two or ideally both of these two things at the same time; appealing aesthetics and/or rich background. Kul Tirans have neither.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-03-31 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Is that a genuine statistic or did you - how shall we say this - just pull it out of your ass?

Anyway sugarlips, let's come back in a couple of months and re-address this question.
    Us realm pop.

And in a couple of months I'll prolly have the same thing to say: "who wants to play as a fat man?".

Im still trying to figure out why some people can't tell the difference between a strongman/woman and an obese man/woman.

Are people actually that shallow or are they just to dumb to care about the difference?

To be fair, Zandalari are also the least played Horde race despite being immensely popular on the forums.

So I imagine this is more that people haven't finished the tedious rep grinds yet.

It doesn't help that there are hardly any known Kul Tirans aswell that share those models. The only one I can think of out of my head is Cyrus, and as of the latest patch the lady you convince to make Anduin a boat. The entire Proudmoore family uses the standard human model while they are the freaking leaders of the Kul Tirans. The Zandalari on the other hand have a shitload of new Zandalari characters, most noteworthy Rastakhan, Talanji, Wardruid Loti, Bladeguard Kaja, Warguard Rakera and Hexlord Raal. All who get quite some screentime during the quests on Zandalar.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It doesn't help that there are hardly any known Kul Tirans aswell that share those models. The only one I can think of out of my head is Cyrus, and as of the latest patch the lady you convince to make Anduin a boat. The entire Proudmoore family uses the standard human model while they are the freaking leaders of the Kul Tirans. The Zandalari on the other hand have a shitload of new Zandalari characters, most noteworthy Rastakhan, Talanji, Wardruid Loti, Bladeguard Kaja, Warguard Rakera and Hexlord Raal. All who get quite some screentime during the quests on Zandalar.
    This is true. I never really thought about this.

Every single great house also uses the regular human model. Priscilla Ashvane is the only one who is a larger Kul Tiran.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    To be fair, Zandalari are also the least played Horde race despite being immensely popular on the forums.

So I imagine this is more that people haven't finished the tedious rep grinds yet.
    Of course this is true I admit, but at the same time the number of Zandalari is more than double than that of current KT humans according to realm pop. I know horde is more populated than alliance though so that will also be a bit skewed.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a really good point.

Its as if Blizzard themselves agreed that obese people dont make good heroes - they really dont look heroic at all.

But the point of AR is to give more customisation, I think thats the main thing people in this thread dont get. Not every AR is made with expectation to overtake standard races in popularity, they are there for people to have more options to make character what they want. We have plenty of pretty hero race options on alliance, getting something more obscure is fine, even if they never become very popular.

With that said, while I think male KT are perfect, females could be slightly changed to look less like obese barbies and more like strongwoman (think barbarian female from D3 for her physics). But it is what it is.

I see a lot of them. I play horde and when we are in the raid and switch to alliance almost half the raid team becomes them...

I know.. to soon..