Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People wanted Vrykul, honestly. Or, they would've been more interesting, at least. But just like they got a poor man's High elf, they get a poor man's Vrykul. Also, honestly, the female Kul Tirans just don't look good. Nor do the male ones, particularly, as far as I'm concerned. If you just want to play a big character, you already have options on Alliance. Now you have another. Nobody cares.

I'm leveling my KT and see a lot of them. So yeah, thanks for the anecdotal evidence trade.

I think there was some site that had stats on this? So that would be a bit more precise maybe.

And yeah, I like the design of KT. Their racial stun/knockback and starting point in Boralus all make them a pretty appealing race to be. We'll probably be seeing more of them than other Alliance allied races

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Undead are for edge lords, which are many and the Pandaren, Tauren and the other anthropomorphic animals are for furries, who might be degenerated, but still are a not so small target group. Orcs, Draenei and Trolls are for people who want to play monsters/aliens. Dwarves are a well liked generic high fantasy race. Elves are also a generic high fantasy race and in addition wish fulfillment characters. Goblins and Gnomes are comic relief and having one joke race for each faction is enough, especially if you look at the small amount of players who actually play them. But fat Humans, for whom are they? For fat Humans? No one wants to be fat, not even fatties themselves, unless they are mentally ill.
    Blunt or not, I actually believe this is the case, on an extremely generalized level. There's always going to be exceptions to the rule, of course. And you're also excluding the small group of people who have a genuine fat fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    People wanted Vrykul, honestly. Or, they would've been more interesting, at least. But just like they got a poor man's High elf, they get a poor man's Vrykul. Also, honestly, the female Kul Tirans just don't look good. Nor do the male ones, particularly, as far as I'm concerned. If you just want to play a big character, you already have options on Alliance. Now you have another. Nobody cares.
    How exactly would you make Vrykul work though? I am a fan of the race, but they are 2.5x the height a human meaning they would not fit in most buildings let alone door ways. Yeah you could shrink them but that would look pretty stupid too. Especially when you're a midget Vrykul fighting the real sized ones

Last edited by Khaza-R; 2019-03-30 at 10:37 PM.

We went to Kul’Tiras, we allied with the Kul’Tirans. How would Vrykul make more sense?

Blunt or not, I actually believe this is the case, on an extremely generalized level. There's always going to be exceptions to the rule, of course. And you're also excluding the small group of people who have a genuine fat fetish.
    Except generalizations are never really true.

The claim that people who enjoy playing animalistic races are all fantasizing about having sex with animals is not only not "the case", but it says more about the author of that claim than said people.

In some people's heads, everything you do is connected to what arouses you on a carnal level, and again, this probably says more about people making those claims than anyone else. Believe it or not, not everyone makes their in-game character so that they can masturbate to it later, when they are bored of the game.

The idea behind KT humans is not really obesity, but rather being well-built, sailor-like people. And just like above, these kinds of comments just show the shallowness of the person making them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Jaina didn't grow up living like them, not the same lifestyle, not the same surroundings. She was cozy with far away.
    More likely Proudmoore family doesn't have Drust gens, the playable KT are half vrykul and half human which explain their size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    I know this is anecdotal, but Im not seeing them in the world or dungeons, seen very few so far.
    When Void elves were introduced, they were everywhere, not KT on sight.
    Anyone seen them around?
    im maining one. and im loving it ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    You comparing a fat man to a pretty elf, go figure.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I am 237 lbs irl. I want to loose weight. I don't want to be a fat dude/chick in an escape from reality. Fuck that.

i switched all my humans to void elf (all 5). i keep a dark iron cuz they look too cool to not have one and a LF draenei becuz the beard looks fabulous. kul tirans? i did think about it but when i saw how shite the druid forms ( especially compared to zandalari dudus) are i decided to stick with my night elf. but something really keeps bugging me, how can trolls be paladins but kts cant?
    Last edited by Melius; 2019-03-30 at 11:13 PM.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Whether you agree with what I said or not, it doesn't change facts. The first part of what I said is the reasoning behind the second part.
    No, the first part was just you being insulting. Attractive people want attractive avatars too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No, the first part was just you being insulting. Attractive people want attractive avatars too.
    I'm well aware that attractive people generally want attractive avatars. Doesn't change any thing about what I said though. And for the record, my boyfriend who isn't fat and is attractive generally plays fat/husky build characters so there goes your example right out the door.

You're arguing in bad faith. You built up a straw man, implying that I said all attractive people want attractive avatars, when I did nothing of the sort. Please try to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Who wants to play as a fat guy?
    People with KT characters presumably. Next question?

I agree with everyone saying that KT not being catwalk-material makes a difference for a lot of players. However, I think there is more to it. Lots of people would make Ogres if they were ever introduced, because they are core creatures of the warcraft universe. KT humans are more obscure, people don't really have any history with them.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    i would roll a druid, but their moonkin form is just disgusting.
    those fat folds on their back make me wanna puke.

People are probably either not bothered with the leveling AGAIN or refuses to pay for a race change. Theres quite alot of work to open up KT to be playable, and by that time I bet many people are bored already.

Its not like we get to play something new with KT. Its the same stuff, just a new race.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I made one, outlaw rogue, called her TriggleyPuff. Leveling her with the sole purpose of getting quests done in certain zones, so I don't do it on max level character.
    Too bad can't choose an blue hairs on her.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Can't tell if serious... It would make good sig material though, if it only wasn't so long.
    Lol, undead = edgy, animal races = furries, all other are generic high fantasy! LOL! Almost nobody wants to be fat or play as a fat char! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I don't know I've read anything as stupid as this post in a long, long time...

But I guess simple people make simpleton assumptions.
    Yes, they also guess a lot.

Well, it may be rude and of course, as always, there are many exceptions. I ment it as a provocative broad generalization and thought it would be obvious, many seem to take this comment way too seriously.