Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i would roll a druid, but their moonkin form is just disgusting.
    those fat folds on their back make me wanna puke.
    Glyph of Stars mate!

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You mean the people that supposedly are non existent?

Dat 0.3% representation of alliance population lul
    Is that a genuine statistic or did you - how shall we say this - just pull it out of your ass?

Anyway sugarlips, let's come back in a couple of months and re-address this question.

I got a lot of buddies who racechanged to meme with the race, making silly transmogs and making fun out of the AR. They certainly are memeworthy material and have a comedic value to their looks.

You also have to consider the fact that they are basically just humans who were only recently made up within a known portion of the Warcraft universe. There's no appeal to them when it comes to Warcraft's story and they are there as a result of Blizzard's lack of idea when it comes to Alliance allied races. As someone said above, if they were made playable, ogres would be a hit among the players because they have a spot in the Warcraft franchise that goes back two decades. Kul Tirans are just gorillesque humans that should've been a customization option for the existing human race.

For an AR to be successful, it has to have one out of the two or ideally both of these two things at the same time; appealing aesthetics and/or rich background. Kul Tirans have neither.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-03-31 at 02:18 PM.

Im still trying to figure out why some people can't tell the difference between a strongman/woman and an obese man/woman.

Are people actually that shallow or are they just to dumb to care about the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You mean the people that supposedly are non existent?

Dat 0.3% representation of alliance population lul
    To be fair, Zandalari are also the least played Horde race despite being immensely popular on the forums.

So I imagine this is more that people haven't finished the tedious rep grinds yet.

It doesn't help that there are hardly any known Kul Tirans aswell that share those models. The only one I can think of out of my head is Cyrus, and as of the latest patch the lady you convince to make Anduin a boat. The entire Proudmoore family uses the standard human model while they are the freaking leaders of the Kul Tirans. The Zandalari on the other hand have a shitload of new Zandalari characters, most noteworthy Rastakhan, Talanji, Wardruid Loti, Bladeguard Kaja, Warguard Rakera and Hexlord Raal. All who get quite some screentime during the quests on Zandalar.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It doesn't help that there are hardly any known Kul Tirans aswell that share those models. The only one I can think of out of my head is Cyrus, and as of the latest patch the lady you convince to make Anduin a boat. The entire Proudmoore family uses the standard human model while they are the freaking leaders of the Kul Tirans. The Zandalari on the other hand have a shitload of new Zandalari characters, most noteworthy Rastakhan, Talanji, Wardruid Loti, Bladeguard Kaja, Warguard Rakera and Hexlord Raal. All who get quite some screentime during the quests on Zandalar.
    This is true. I never really thought about this.

Every single great house also uses the regular human model. Priscilla Ashvane is the only one who is a larger Kul Tiran.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Its as if Blizzard themselves agreed that obese people dont make good heroes - they really dont look heroic at all.

But the point of AR is to give more customisation, I think thats the main thing people in this thread dont get. Not every AR is made with expectation to overtake standard races in popularity, they are there for people to have more options to make character what they want. We have plenty of pretty hero race options on alliance, getting something more obscure is fine, even if they never become very popular.

With that said, while I think male KT are perfect, females could be slightly changed to look less like obese barbies and more like strongwoman (think barbarian female from D3 for her physics). But it is what it is.

I see a lot of them. I play horde and when we are in the raid and switch to alliance almost half the raid team becomes them...

I know.. to soon..

I wish I could play an alt from kt and darkiron races, but the rep grind is keeping me from doing it. Already had to use my little free time to level an unwanted alliance character to 120, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    To be fair, Zandalari are also the least played Horde race despite being immensely popular on the forums.

So I imagine this is more that people haven't finished the tedious rep grinds yet.
    They were just released they need time to build playaerbase. I keep on checking the realm population and they're currently sceon most played race after blood elves. Give them as much time as void elves had and I'm sure they will have significatnt % They're already reaching Highmountain Tauren population on 120 level population. And how long they're made playable? 3 weeks?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Exactly, just released and you either need to level up from 20 or pay $20 to race-change. It will take time for their population to reach a steady state.

I truly am curious why people feel the need to bash one of the very few races in the game that isn't just a stereotypical Barbie/Ken. Are they so insecure about their own bodies they feel the need to project on a Fantasy Race in a Fantasy Game? Especially when there are already over a dozen other races they could play.

Unappealing body types + Rep grind that people are sick of + Level 20 - 120 / Boost + Lower game population

It's not really a surprise that they aren't played as much as the other choices available to players, ESPECIALLY the first two.

I dunno, the Kul'Tiran males look like santa and that's adorable so it was worth it for me!

Yeah, unattractive body types will never get famous. Just look at Pandaren - best animated race in the game, yet hardly anyone plays them..

https://realmpop.com/eu.html
    0.5% of all 120 alliance EU chars. ~7550 by now, a joke.
    ~32870 Zandalari for comparison, the number will probably surpass Highmountain and Mag'har quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    I know this is anecdotal, but Im not seeing them in the world or dungeons, seen very few so far.
    When Void elves were introduced, they were everywhere, not KT on sight.
    Anyone seen them around?
    They were always going to be niche.

Most of the ones I've seen are played by maturer adults. I'm glad they offer races for all kinds rather than only appealing to the people wanting pretty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    I truly am curious why people feel the need to bash one of the very few races in the game that isn't just a stereotypical Barbie/Ken. Are they so insecure about their own bodies they feel the need to project on a Fantasy Race in a Fantasy Game? Especially when there are already over a dozen other races they could play.
    Yes, people are that insecure. Some people are scared that people in-game will assume that if you play a fat character, you are fat yourself. Or a Furry.
    As if playing an Orc or a Blood Elf is somehow indicative of what the person behind the screen looks like...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    https://realmpop.com/eu.html
    0.5% of all 120 alliance EU chars. ~7550 by now, a joke.
    ~32870 Zandalari for comparison, the number will probably surpass Highmountain and Mag'har quickly.
    Zandalari have:
    1) good racials
    2) upright troll posture on males that people wanted for a long time (we got upright orcs but not trolls)
    3) paladins that aren't cows or barbies (not everyone likes belfs or taurens and now they have a good option)
    4) lots of customization options
    5) rich lore.

Kul Tirans have:
    1) racials that are equal or worse than Highmountain Tauren (see their popularity)
    2) silhouette that only looks good in heritage armor, most other armors look stretched and distorted on them, they look like having a big belly small legs
    3) druids and shamans that are probably the biggest reason why anybody plays them, if you hate nelfs / worgens and want a druid, or you hate dwarves / spacegoats / pandas and want a shaman...
    4) less customization options than other allied races, for example no tattoos
    5) weird lore because for long time we though Kul Tiras is just another human kingdom, and now we're getting some asspull they're some half drust giants (that was never said before bfa and basically whole proudmoore family uses normal human model)

So yeah, ofc, Zandalari win in this pairing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Still working on the rep but I plan on making a Female KT Druid and a male Shammy or Warrior! KTs look amazing in plate armor. I was indiferent when it came to them when they were first introduced because I think humans in general are boring, but when I leveled through Kul Tiras I grew fond of them!