Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As a side note, forcing geared people into easy content actually works against helping players.
    If you're not good and / or have lower gear, what do you think happens if you get a tank who pulls all trash to the first boss, does 90% of the damage, doesn't even give a crap if you've managed to reach the boss. Do you learn anything? Is it even fun?
    I'm actually glad there's not a lot of incentives to run random heroic - this means that when I do it on my naked alts I actually get an appropriately geared group and can actually do at least a full rotation on a boss.

Shill out there Kim Jong. Forcing people to run random heroic dungeons with randoms to be eligable for loot ? This is perhaps the most moronic idea i have ever heard.

Me and 4 friends do m+, its the only content we care about, we have no interrest in playing with randoms, cause we are a tight knit group of irl friends. Why the actual fuck should we be forced to break up that group, of irl friends and to start playing with people we have no interrest in playing with to be able to do our own shit ?

and they say "blizzard doesn't know what the f they are doing" and then come with suggestions like this...

10+ Year Old Account
    So... you want to force people to carry other people in learning content, so as to make them even less prepared when they get to the harder content because the learning material they where given was melted by over geared pleebs? boosting the chances that they are removed because they have no idea what is happening? umm.... okay?

I think your problem is you think that people don't help newer players when we find them, while I cant speak for everyone else, I do try and do my best to help out where I can. But in truth that doesn't seem to actually be whats bothering you. You seem to want to spite players who demand whatever level of pre requirements, and they wouldn't take you because of it. While I agree a lot of the prerequisites people put up are total BS, it's not worth working yourself up over it because they exist.

Two things I will add, first not all groups have the crazy standards. Try looking for one that doesn't demand more then is needed, they do exist. Second maybe try building your own group. I have had a lot of fun this expansion doing content I set up, yes it comes with it's own set of hoops you need to jump but the game today is built very well for quick set up and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Every thread of these 500 you mention is always the same story, "I don't have time, I don't want to invest anything, I'm an anti-social lone wolf with no friends or long lasting bonds, I quit years / months ago and came back from a break", yadda yadda bonus points for playing some low demand melee dps spec. Basically a guy who voluntarily is an anonymous nobody but wants others to treat him as some form of VIP guest with all the honours. Because he's just that good, he swears on his pinky.
    It's funny, I don't really have any time my self to "get good" at WoW anymore, I mostly stick to my small group of friends, I am in a guild that server hopped early BfA so it's a ghost town, and I'm just to lazy currently to find a new one. I almost completely ignored Mythic + and raiding in legion, so my experience totally went down the toilet. Yet I just started pugging this stuff in BfA, and have had no troubles....

So far I have managed to get both raids AotC in pugs, and have gotten to 11+ on time, and that wasn't even that hard. True I had to start on normal raids and +2-3, but it didn't take long to move up, so I really don't get why we have all these people who have such a hard time advancing.... I really don't want to humble brag here but I keep seeing these threads pop up crying about raider.io, or inflated requirements, and the only experience I have had this expansion is "Boy it is easy now to set my own groups up and go".

Admittedly I always run as tank or heals, so that sometimes makes it easy to pull in people, but seriously, I have never touched raider.io, nor have I looked at peoples armory when setting up runs, and I have managed to get all this done... Ya sometimes you get brain dead drag a longs who are easily spotted, but they are quickly replaced. Likewise I have also ran into the over demanding pinheads who complain about every minor inefficacy the whole way and have kicked them just as fast. Past that the game right now enables anyone to do just about anything with half the effort that it took 6-8 years ago, and the crawl to get things done is more then manageable even for someone like me with who has no guild, little time, and only a handful of active friends.

This is why I really don't have much sympathy for the people who can't make the cool kids club, and get turned down for that 10+ run. Just make your own dang group and get it done, if you are truly ready you will get it going and roll on out. If not then maybe try to find the level that you can do, and then make your way up from there.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-03-29 at 07:36 AM.

Why would you force heroic, should be Mythic+. I dont think people use raider io for heroic dungeons

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    M+ is cancerous and disgusting. It encourages people to not help new players and instead form exclusive raider.io / community / friends lists. The game needs a fix. Get people OUT of their exclusive communities and helping others. Helping others is KEY to a thriving MMO. So we can START with this.

Run M+ and raids all you want. HOWEVER, in order for your toon to qualify for m+ / raid drops for the week:

1. they MUST soloqueue and complete something like 5x pug heroic dungeons in dungeon finder during the previous week.
    2. if the ilvl of the group exceeds a maximum, that pug heroic does not count towards the 5.
    3. Cheaters are told in advance that if caught, their cap goes to 10 for the rest of the expansion. Don't even THINK about creative use of game mechanics to get around this. If you think you're gonna do it at the end of the xpac, it'll extend to the next one too.

I think this would be a START to see if we can get people to help others more. If it fails, more extreme measures will be taken.

Pretty simple. Help people. Contribute to the community. Or no gear.

Why do this? because people insist upon using that cancer raider.io, which just excludes helping low ilvl players. We need a fix to raider.io, so this is it.
    no way. that is a flat out ridiculous idea. anything which forces people to do something they don't want to do is a bad idea.

So this is an extremely obvious troll
    But on the off chance that you are actually this challenged.... you do realize that your second point is counterproductive and the "punishment" doesn't make sense

Want me to queue with players that:
    - dont understand that their interupts is useful?
    - dont understand that dispells are very important?
    - dont know they can help the raid if they can remove enrage from certain mobs?
    - have no idea what CC is?
    - Cant do a single target rotation?
    - Cant do an aoe rotation?
    - Do not gem or enchant their gear?
    - Think ilvl is the only thing necessary to complete a key?

Your suggestion is silly and useless. People would rather quit than be forced into doing things they dont like.

How about we need people in pvp!
    You cant have you weekly chest unless you win 20 3v3 arena and be at 2000 rating.
    You cant have your pvp arena unless you kill 7 mythic boss from current raid and meka and jaina heroic in full pug group.

This would be stupid.

M+ is cancerous and disgusting. It encourages people to not help new players and instead form exclusive raider.io / community / friends lists. The game needs a fix. Get people OUT of their exclusive communities and helping others. Helping others is KEY to a thriving MMO. So we can START with this.

Run M+ and raids all you want. HOWEVER, in order for your toon to qualify for m+ / raid drops for the week:

1. they MUST soloqueue and complete something like 5x pug heroic dungeons in dungeon finder during the previous week.
    2. if the ilvl of the group exceeds a maximum, that pug heroic does not count towards the 5.
    3. Cheaters are told in advance that if caught, their cap goes to 10 for the rest of the expansion. Don't even THINK about creative use of game mechanics to get around this. If you think you're gonna do it at the end of the xpac, it'll extend to the next one too.

I think this would be a START to see if we can get people to help others more. If it fails, more extreme measures will be taken.

Why do this? because people insist upon using that cancer raider.io, which just excludes helping low ilvl players. We need a fix to raider.io, so this is it.
    So that way people will be encouraged to get their alts in. Sorry but if i wipe 4-5 times in a M+ from body pulls, stupid shit and just players afk-ing and i see we won't finish it in time i write some profanity in chat and leave. And i'm not the only one. I want to play with people around my skill, which is a little above non-retarded.

Examples where i left: people not killing explosives and even stating that others should do it, people with 5-7 k dps, no interrupts, healer not healing almost at all, no dispels, body pulls, unnecesary ranged pulls, going over mobs in shroud and many more i can't even think right now. It's not the ilvl it's stupidity.
    Last edited by Cannibalus; 2019-03-29 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When your little brother tries to get your parents to force you to let him play the Nintendo with you.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Ya, no. This is a terrible concept, the fact is once solo que was introduced to the game subs and quality of gameplay and players started going downhill. So what they need to do is remove LFG and LFR to make the sense of community thrive again. Make people get better in order to get gear and it'll make the game a better place, force good players to carry trash/lazy players and the game will stay shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I dunno about +, I don't think solo queuing for that'd work, but I do think that base mythics should be queuable if you've done them on heroic, and I wouldn't mind if there were some incentive for players to keep doing them and heroics. As is, the content is worthless. A lot of content currently is just kind of worthless because you can pretty much outgear it without even trying and there's zero reason to ever look back. Though, the only way to do any of that and it'd work is to bring back badges. Blizzard loathes that idea for some reason. (I'd honestly argue that mythic 0 and normal raid difficulty don't warrant their "exclusive" nature of being non-queable, difficulty wise, around 90% of the time. Normal is almost on par with MoP LFR difficulty, and mythic 0's are for the most part on par with post-nerf Cata dungeons). But mythic +'s probably aren't tuned for the masses to be able to do them without Blizzard compromising on their intention.

(Personally, I think everything should be able to be queued for, and if people fail, they fail, but it's pretty clear that Blizzard would never let that happen, and would just wind up nerfing everything into the ground)

Anyways, the real solution to most of WoW's problems right now for a certain player base is badges. Not this. Blizzard hates badges, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    When your little brother tries to get your parents to force you to let him play the Nintendo with you.
    So you give him the shitty madcatz controller

15+ Year Old Account
    Or you could try and better your self but you would rather have 6k posts on a forum then learn to play the game beyond any basic level also post toxic things expect toxic replies because whether you want to beleive it or not what you posted is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    So you give him the shitty madcatz controller
    Oh man I remember that shit they were always the worst but everyone at some point got one from xmas or a birthday ect.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no ... when i play i want to play with people that have an equal skill level and can finish dungeons on a higher m+ level.
    There are guides and youtube videos for new players ... totally free.
    There is no reason at all i have to spent a lot of time teaching people their classes and the dungeons.

So, basically no one would ever get his 5 Dungeons Finished?

I dunno if you went to a Heroic Dungeon Recently, the group is always overgeared. And on that point: Who would that help?
    If you steamroll through a Heroic, no one learns anything.

If you want people to "Help" out others, and go with more different People, you should offer rewards instead of penaltys.
    E.g. you could give Rewards each weak, for different Group members.
    Like maybe 5% more AP for each groupmember you did not complete a Dungeon with per week.

But, that is also kinda silly.

Because people insist on using raider.io to exclude people constantly. So you start fixing it by removing raider.io as a qualifier. And this is how you do that. Stop trying to be efficient. Stop excluding people. HELP PEOPLE or GET OUT.
    I can understand the use of RaiderIO, there are thousand of people who are just bad.

What would you like more? Get declined from one or the other group, or get the boot after 2-3 Trash Pulls and everone looses.

One of the worst ideas I have ever read on a forum that has become ever increasingly full of stupid ideas. I was really hoping to find some sort of clue that this was a troll post but I just couldn't. It appears you are serious about this idea and it makes me truly sad for all of humanity.

I recently leveled up a horde hunter (alliance player). All of my friends play alliance. I didn't know anyone on horde. I had no problems at all LFGing heroics to get enough gear to clear M0. Cleared all of those and was full 370+. Did a few warfronts. Then began running lower level keys. After about 2 weeks I had worked my gearscore up to 400+ and my IO score was over 1k. I have no problems getting into 10s now. Yeah, sometimes I have to shotgun que up for 10 different keys at a time before someone decides to invite me, but it works.

Raider IO isn't the problem. The problem is lazy ass players like you who don't want to work their way up and demand instant gratification. Literally no different than a business asking for your Résumé. Why hire someone (invite them to your group) who has little to no work experience (your 83 IO score) when a much more experienced person (1100 score) wants the same position? You will have no problem pugging low keys even with 0 IO score, I did it myself recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    atm my playtime restricts me to two raid nights and I really have to push it timewhise to get a +10 done on two characters.

Your idea would cripple my playtime completely.

alternatively, just make it useful for those players to do HC. Obviously the gear is irrelevant, so maybe make them give more azerite power.

Reason people did HCs for a large part of legion was the fact it gave a decent chunk of daily AP and a chance for legendaries

Or make the content useful for players. Make it drop loot that can be used to craft high power BoE items that are currently BoP so players have a reason to do it on Alt's. I'm not sure how people would learn if a player solo carries them through a HC. Already tested I can solo them on my Monk, if I went into a group with my Monk no one there would learn anything and it'd be even worse if another person of similar gear was in the group (bosses would be dead in under 15 seconds)

How about instead of forcing people to queue for HCs, reward them for doing it ?

Like, I don't know, a weekly quest for people above certain ilvl that rewards 5k AP if not capped, 10k gold if capped ?
    In that case Blizzard could force people to be paired with undergeared randoms through random heroic LFG and no one would bat an eye.

With bonus AP/gold for joining a queue when above certain ilvl.

Participation rates would skyrocket.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....