Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Why do we still see comment like this from people who know nothing ?
    He's wrong about warriors since they have the luxury of being the best melee dps of the game and the best tank, but he's right about the rest

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    He's wrong about warriors since they have the luxury of being the best melee dps of the game and the best tank, but he's right about the rest
    Eh, Fury needs proper gear to work, unless you gather right pieces from 5 man Dungeons, without raiding, Warrior dps will not be that amazing.
    Won't stop a shit ton of people from trying, though, then learn the hard way because Warriors are a pain to level, especially if they insist on doing Dps in dungeons.

    Dps Warriors in Vanilla are the Carry equivalent from Moba games, they won't work unless you have friends that support you.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Eh, Fury needs proper gear to work, unless you gather right pieces from 5 man Dungeons, without raiding, Warrior dps will not be that amazing.
    Won't stop a shit ton of people from trying, though, then learn the hard way because Warriors are a pain to level, especially if they insist on doing Dps in dungeons.

    Dps Warriors in Vanilla are the Carry equivalent from Moba games, they won't work unless you have friends that support you.
    It vastly depends on what itemization will look like, we will see

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    - Sit to get critically hit does not appear to work on the official classic server, so some leveling builds (namely: paladin, shamans and priests) will not work.
    The fug kind of shaman/priest are you leveling that requires you to sit-crit? The only benefit they gain from being crit is 6 seconds of pushback immunity.....and you shouldn't be using lots of (cast time) damage spells while leveling on either of those classes.

    The ACTUAL classes that gain benefit from sit-critting are warrior and paladin. You'd know that if you actually played vanilla.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    - Frontstabbing (using back stab or shred from the front of enemies by running side by side inside their hitbox) does not work on classic (this will make leveling as a feral MUCH slower).
    No? Feral is still high-tier leveling even without frontstabbing. The difference in kill speed between Shred and Claw is not all that much.

    Yet another person that hasn't actually played vanilla and just watched videos about it, yet goes around talking like he's an expert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    - Some trinket proc rates and items will work differently (Hand of justice trinket is highly overpowered, for instance).
    Again, wrong. Proc rates are taken from old youtube videos / forum posts from people who did testing during that time. It is not "highly overpowered".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Paladins, Druids, Shaman, and Priests will Heal. Period. Warriors will Tank. Period. If you want to RAID and DPS, you better be the GM, or be working the shaft.
    I knew a paladin tank with thunderfury in MC/AQ40. ENH shamans were ridiculous in pvp, especially with things like hand of rag. Fury warriors surpassed every other dps class shortly into AQ40. You never played vanilla.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Eh, Fury needs proper gear to work, unless you gather right pieces from 5 man Dungeons, without raiding, Warrior dps will not be that amazing.
    Won't stop a shit ton of people from trying, though, then learn the hard way because Warriors are a pain to level, especially if they insist on doing Dps in dungeons.

    Dps Warriors in Vanilla are the Carry equivalent from Moba games, they won't work unless you have friends that support you.
    What are you just doing to do dungeons for the entirety of classic? As soon as you get into raiding, and especially later tiers like AQ40/naxx they become ridiculous dps. Sure, if all you really plan on doing is dungeons, yeah warriors are only going to tank. But you're missing out on pvp and raiding if you do that, two of the best parts of classic wow.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Eh, Fury needs proper gear to work, unless you gather right pieces from 5 man Dungeons, without raiding, Warrior dps will not be that amazing.
    Won't stop a shit ton of people from trying, though, then learn the hard way because Warriors are a pain to level, especially if they insist on doing Dps in dungeons.

    Dps Warriors in Vanilla are the Carry equivalent from Moba games, they won't work unless you have friends that support you.
    Warrior Dps requiring good gear to do dmg is a myth. Warrior Dps is 1# in the entire game already in MC, and their amazing scaling lets them keep that spot all the way until Naxx is cleared.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    What are you just doing to do dungeons for the entirety of classic? As soon as you get into raiding, and especially later tiers like AQ40/naxx they become ridiculous dps.
    That's a poorly worded question.

    What i will be doing in classic irrelevant, i'm pointing out that the throng of people that will roll Warrior "because they heard they were so OP in classic" are going to be sorely disappointed because Dps Warrior are extremely gear dependant and gearing takes a lot of time in Vanilla.

    It's not like on live where you can reroll to a FotM spec and be ready within a few days.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Warrior Dps requiring good gear to do dmg is a myth. Warrior Dps is 1# in the entire game already in MC, and their amazing scaling lets them keep that spot all the way until Naxx is cleared.
    Again, if you have the proper gear.
    A Fury Warrior with full T0 won't do shit, if you get the handful of decent pieces from 5 man dungeons, yeah, but those are also sought after by other classes (Rogue, Hunter) and not neccessarily have decent alternatives.

    I mean go on wowhead through level 60 blue plate stuff, most of that is crap for Dps or come from sources that aren't available right off the bat (PvP,AQ20,ZG).
    Even if you add leather / mail into the mix, you may get like 2-3 good options per slot in total, that's not a lot.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-04-02 at 03:52 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    You underestimate what some people can do. There will be a 60 in a few days. There will be a group that helps a single player get there ASAP. The single player caps the mobs, whilst the other kill it for him. This tactic was already used many times.
    I wish I could make a bet with you because it would be easy money. If they keep the experience authentic to the original, the fastest to 60 will be at least 4 days /played. Unless you have your own strange meaning for the word "few" you're wrong.

    #1. No more is known about vanilla wow now than was known in 2006 when the fastest 1-60 runs were made.
    #2. Nobody will have the ability to put together a package of consumables and gear ahead of time, nor will those things even be available on the AH until very much later than the first "few days". The people who did the fastest runs way back then had all those things lined up before they started.
    #3. Nobody will have higher level (or equivalent level) friends to do the cheese killing of tagged mobs. Think about it, you're claiming that within the first few days some guy will have a group of friends to kill mobs for him ... that doesn't even make sense. These mob killing friends either need to gain their own exp or they'll quickly fall behind and be completely worthless in the endeavor. Whoever is in front will have no help such as this as soon as they get into the 30's if not sooner.

    The only advantages I can think of now versus someone trying to set a speed leveling record in 2006:
    #1. Blizzard will probably shard high pop areas so you never have to wait for quest mobs. However, this is almost entirely irrelevant since I doubt anyone going for a speed record after the initial release was ever waiting on quest mobs more than a tiny bit anyway.
    #2. The latency of the Internet is lower and the server stability will be higher. This may save up to an hour off the over 4 days /played but I think that is being overly generous.

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    #2. Nobody will have the ability to put together a package of consumables and gear ahead of time, nor will those things even be available on the AH until very much later than the first "few days". The people who did the fastest runs way back then had all those things lined up before they started.
    #3. Nobody will have higher level (or equivalent level) friends to do the cheese killing of tagged mobs. Think about it, you're claiming that within the first few days some guy will have a group of friends to kill mobs for him ... that doesn't even make sense. These mob killing friends either need to gain their own exp or they'll quickly fall behind and be completely worthless in the endeavor. Whoever is in front will have no help such as this as soon as they get into the 30's if not sooner.
    Joana (The fastest leveler in Vanilla), did all his speedruns on fresh servers. No one cared about how fast you could boost someone to 60. I'm sure there is someone that mob tagged all the way to 60 through multiboxing and did it in under 2 days.

  10. #50
    Legendary! jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    6,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Again, if you have the proper gear.
    A Fury Warrior with full T0 won't do shit, if you get the handful of decent pieces from 5 man dungeons, yeah, but those are also sought after by other classes (Rogue, Hunter) and not neccessarily have decent alternatives.

    I mean go on wowhead through level 60 blue plate stuff, most of that is crap for Dps or come from sources that aren't available right off the bat (PvP,AQ20,ZG).
    Even if you add leather / mail into the mix, you may get like 2-3 good options per slot in total, that's not a lot.
    All classes are shit if you don't gear properly.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    All classes are shit if you don't gear properly.
    That's just one of those meta statements that add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

    The massive difference that sets Dps Warrior apart here is the fact that if they're not properly geared, they aren't even pressing buttons because without enough white hits / crits, they're not generating enough rage to use actual abilities.

    That in return is the reason why Warriors scale to well with gear, because with more Hit and Crit, they can pretty much spam their abilities freely, whereas something like Rogue is still bound to the same energy regeneration they have since level 1.

    Yeah, classes are shit if not geared properly, but they're not equally shitty.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Again, if you have the proper gear.
    A Fury Warrior with full T0 won't do shit, if you get the handful of decent pieces from 5 man dungeons, yeah, but those are also sought after by other classes (Rogue, Hunter) and not neccessarily have decent alternatives.
    Just tank the dungeon and reserve what you need or just don't invite any rogue/hunter/war. It's easier to gear a war from dungeon than most other class because you can tank.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Just tank the dungeon and reserve what you need or just don't invite any rogue/hunter/war. It's easier to gear a war from dungeon than most other class because you can tank.
    Sure and if every single warrior does that, we won't have a tank shortage on Classic - however quite a lot of undergeared Rogues and Hunters.

    You're not wrong, but i doubt every single person that wants to play Warrior will follow that advice, primarily because it involves "tanking".

  14. #54
    Random posts about random things.

    The meta was created 5 years after Vanilla because there was a massive surge of info, but the majority of decent guilds already knew but it wasnt the age of data-mining and sharing everything yet like after WOTLK.

    Things wont magically be different, actually its gonna be much more fun to watch how everyone goes for the same 5 items from some private server guide list thats probably 99% accurate either way after 10 years.

    Reality exists, if you want to be taken seriously and play with other serious players, roll one of the classes thats expected to exist.

    Dont start a Feral druid and complain "NO ONE IS INVITING ME", because again, no one gives a fuck about you personally.

    Maybe the feral druid that came from the private server community with another 30 people can do that, cause he has backup and friends, random feral druid? Good luck!

    Its simply not gonna be the same thing, there wont be <insert non-Warrior/Rogue class here> with Thunderfury because people didnt know better and "HE HAD THE DKP".

    Not even sure what kind of delusion people are expecting, if you think MDI compositions and retards copying them with raider.io for a simple +10, you are in for a rude awakening when it comes how you are expected to play in WoW Classic for the same reasons, it might take a few months, but the mentality of the "more progressed" players will pass on to the groups as it always does.

    Cause its 2019 and not 2005 where the majority of info is on a forum that only 50 guilds clearing Naxxramas use.

    Do you wanna be the best and show off?

    Play hunter, get Chrom Xbow, press Aim Shot in WSG/AB up to AQ40 opening event, then reroll to (Fury) Warrior and then reroll to Fire mage for Ignite stacking on the harder Naxx bosses and back to your Warrior for PvP, and pretend you are the best DPS/PvPer ever existed.

    Or wait, the last part doesnt work cause its not Vanilla and you wont be on the active patch of back then with all the weird shenanigans but 1.12 which means, just play Fury Warrior, aim for 6% hit rating with blue gear and then do the same at AQ/BWL/Naxx gear, be the best that ever was.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-04-02 at 05:38 PM.

  15. #55
    Expecting that everybody on Private Server or Classic will be super hardcore gamer that want to min max like on Live.

    Maybe people will just play what they want with they friends and gg?


    Even on unominable server I saw feral druid in BWL or doing T0.5 run, had the mace from Gnomeregan so he was pretty geared but still people didn't really gave a fuck, like now people are doing M+ without bringing 23489723894 rogue dh lock BECAUSE META

  16. #56
    Legendary! jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    6,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's just one of those meta statements that add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

    The massive difference that sets Dps Warrior apart here is the fact that if they're not properly geared, they aren't even pressing buttons because without enough white hits / crits, they're not generating enough rage to use actual abilities.

    That in return is the reason why Warriors scale to well with gear, because with more Hit and Crit, they can pretty much spam their abilities freely, whereas something like Rogue is still bound to the same energy regeneration they have since level 1.

    Yeah, classes are shit if not geared properly, but they're not equally shitty.
    I understand your point but there isn't an argument to be made that poorly geared classes don't perform well because that's simply the way the game functions for all classes. Are some classes more complex to gear properly? Sure, but that doesn't mean they're inherently harder to gear properly.

    The fact is that Fury Warriors are simply going to roll on BiS leather and mail pieces as needed, because its understood that those pieces are good for Fury as they are for other melee. There's going to be a boatload of Warriors, most of them aren't going to want to tank, and people are going to accommodate them because they scale so well for raids.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Again, if you have the proper gear.
    A Fury Warrior with full T0 won't do shit, if you get the handful of decent pieces from 5 man dungeons, yeah, but those are also sought after by other classes (Rogue, Hunter) and not neccessarily have decent alternatives.
    This is kind of my point too - you mention full T0 as if its really good for anyone, which it isn't. It's decent for melee at least, but caster T0 is literally worse than gearing in level 40-50 spell dmg blues. The only reason to actually collect T0 is to either use it while you're waiting for better gear or to upgrade it in the future if you know you're never going to be raiding.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2019-04-02 at 05:54 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Sure, but that doesn't mean they're inherently harder to gear properly.
    If the itempool of useful items is smaller than compared to rogue, they actually are more difficult / harder to gear.
    That's the point, items that just have Primary stat(s) / AP aren't that good on Warriors unless you already have a ton of crit / hit, which you most likely will not have.

    Rogues just get inheritely more value of those Str/Agi/Sta items because they get AP from both Agi and Str, they can salvage certain items based on that, for Warriors those pieces are just slightly superior to greens.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    and people are going to accommodate them because they scale so well for raids.
    In the world of organized raiding, yes.
    In the big world of pugs, it's going to be FFA, as always.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    This is kind of my point too - you mention full T0 as if its really good for anyone, which it isn't. It's decent for melee at least, but caster T0 is literally worse than gearing in level 40-50 spell dmg blues.
    I used just T0 as an example.
    Generally speaking, T0 is shit barring a handful of pieces, not a single T0 piece has any kind of Green text, quite a few of them even have spirit for classes that have no real use for spirit.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If the itempool of useful items is smaller than compared to rogue, they actually are more difficult / harder to gear.
    That's the point, items that just have Primary stat(s) / AP aren't that good on Warriors unless you already have a ton of crit / hit, which you most likely will not have.

    Rogues just get inheritely more value of those Str/Agi/Sta items because they get AP from both Agi and Str, they can salvage certain items based on that, for Warriors those pieces are just slightly superior to greens.
    Are you forgetting that warriors can also use mail and leather gear? They have like 3 times the loot table to pick from compared to rogues.

    I would argue a pre-raid BiS geared 2handed fury warrior (with windfury) is top dps in MC. Without even Dire Maul loot.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Are you forgetting that warriors can also use mail and leather gear? They have like 3 times the loot table to pick from compared to rogues.
    No i'm not.

    Point in fact, i've already said above that most Plate loot from dungeons is pretty much trash for Dps Warriors.
    And i'll suggest again to check out plate loot from 5 man Dungeons if you don't believe me, most of it has either defense stat or is just a primary stat stick, barely any items with Crit / Hit.

    The issue with Mail loot is that most of it was Agi,Int or both.
    While there some pieces that have AP+Hit / Crit, they are also quite rare.

    With Leather, it's a similiar story, while indeed there are quite a few items a warrior can use without any serious "downside", a lot of are also skewed towards Agi, which has only a minor benefit for a warrior, whereas a rogue finds Agi a lot more useful.

    While rogues may have a smaller itempool they can use, there are actually a lot more leather items decently itemized for rogues, whereas Warrior has to scavenger hunt among other armor classes.

    To say that a Warriors loot table is "3 times" bigger than that off a rogue is a gross simplification.

    If you really look only at the loot table that is initially available, said Crit / Hit remains rather uncommon among blues, only once you start to take ZG / AQ20 / PvP into account it gets better, classes that do not rely as much on those are initially better off.

  20. #60
    The attitude of some people here is exactly what I'm afraid of will ruin this. People trying to push meta instead of letting people experiment and discover things like it originally was.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Normal Voice | Mod Voice


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •