Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You say this as if you NEED primal ancients to be competitive. I dunno, man... Seems like you wasted a lot of time for no gains. Whereas you could have settled with an ancient offhand and leveled gems and gotten more ancients via rifts.

I view primals as a bonus, but not necessary.
    When all your pieces are already ancients. The next logical step is primal ancients.
    And instead of hoping for random drops it's faster and better to reroll a specific item.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    When all your pieces are already ancients. The next logical step is primal ancients.
    And instead of hoping for random drops it's faster and better to reroll a specific item.
    But a well rolled ancient is just as good as a primal. Primals are just perfect stats of the random affixes that rolled on it. Ancients can be just as good(maybe even better depending on affix rolls).

You're spending lots of time rerolling that specific piece of gear. Time that's not dedicated to anything else. You're basically losing out on the rest of the game.

You'd only have a point if primal ancients offered you more than regular ancients AND/OR you have literally nothing else to do in the game(meaning you're top of ladder and have full ancients that aren't perfectly rolled).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You're spending lots of time rerolling that specific piece of gear. Time that's not dedicated to anything else. You're basically losing out on the rest of the game.
    Once most or all of your gear is decently rolled ancients, you're likely getting more value for your time rerolling items rather than just farming gear. This is especially true given the disproportionately high value of some pieces with a high stat-roll variance, like e.g. weapons. Mathematically, you're simply more likely to get it as a primal by rerolling rather than random gear farming.

This is at the very high end, of course, where gear is incidental. You do Rifts for keys, solo GRs to fish for viable pushes, and group GRs for Para. You don't do dedicated gear farming via drops, because your gear is at a level where your demands are so specific the chances are too low compared to the chances of getting good results on rerolls. And with T16 bounties dropping 22 mats, this is only going to be more important in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    tldr: more number
    And then we doubled it

Was hoping to finally see bounties be made easier in single player. If you get a late start and have to manually grind out bounties... ugh. It's so rare to see people do them anymore because pretty much everyone hates them, the instant marker will atleast make things a little faster, I guess.

LoN is interesting, I kinda doubt it'll change too much for the average player, though. It takes quite some time before LoN takes over your normal set, meaning a lot of people won't even get the full effect. It's a nice idea, though.

Diablo 3 inventory is one of the worst i have seen in a modern game.

You have less overall stash/bank storage room for ALL your characters than you do for ONE WoW character.

And to make it even worse in d3 you actually need to stockpile and gather in your bank MUCH more stuff than you do in WoW, and there is no auto sorting or categorization.

Its nice they are increasing the stash (bank) limit but instead of 5 tabs it should have been 15.

And locking additional stash tabs behind seasons was a moronic decision - a ton of players don't like playing seasons and the concept of leveling/gearing up duplicate characters over and over, but all diablo 3 players need more stash tabs (even having just 1 of every class completely overwhelms the stash system).

Path of Exile has a much better concept of stash where you actually have specialized tabs in banks that are specially designed to hold certain currency/items in a very easy to manage visual way.

Though overall i am hoping limited inventory space won't be a thing in future RPGs because its one of the most irritating un-fun systems/mechanics.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2019-04-08 at 10:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Path of Exile has a much better concept of stash where you actually have specialized tabs in banks that are specially designed to hold certain currency/items in a very easy to manage visual way.

Though overall i am hoping limited inventory space won't be a thing in future RPGs because its one of the most irritating un-fun systems/mechanics.
    The concept there is better but the execution is worse. You have to pay for increased stash space.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

The concept there is better but the execution is worse. You have to pay for increased stash space.
    Even if u buy all the stash space possible its cheaper than diablo 3 and its expansion, especially at release full price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Even if u buy all the stash space possible its cheaper than diablo 3 and its expansion, especially at release full price.
    To upgrade your stash once with all the upgrades will cost 990 points or 100$
    That will give you:
    6 premium stash tab
    Unique collection tab
    Map stash tab
    Currency stash tab
    1 Quad stash tab
    6 Regular stash tab
    Essence stash tab
    Divination stash tab
    Fragment stash tab

Diablo 3 + expansion + DLC normally cost = 45$
    Right now it cost = 30$

Regardless this is not a thread about Path of Exile. But you are correct that if it weren't for the price, the way Path of Exile does it is better.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2019-04-08 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am absolutely certain that Diablo 3 could have been salvaged. They just gave up on it because they could no longer monetize it well without the AH. All their other games have long term monetization. Diablo 3 is just not made to be monetized (the avatar is not distinctive enough to sell cosmetics and skins, no mounts, pets are not really visible with how busy the screen is, no lobbies so you can show off).
    They made a ton though by selling it on many consoles so money was not an issue.

That money in turned is used to generate more content for Path of Exile.

Sure wish paying gold did that for Diablo.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    That money in turned is used to generate more content for Path of Exile.

Sure wish paying gold did that for Diablo.
    That is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a bit of testing.

Blood Nova build is decent, though you need pretty high density and surviving becomes a problem, pretty hilarious seeing so many novas with high attack speed though.

Same goes for Chintodos Archon build with Vyr's, the wave force spam is absolutely hilarious with high attack speed, though it doesn't really fit with the distance based manald heal and isn't really necessary for speed farm builds as everything just dies. Managed a 100GR with 1200 Paragon though, barely trying.

I would give the witch doctor dart build a go if I could be bothered, sadly my enthusiasm for Witch Doctor died a long time ago, doing pet builds for seasons on end saw to that.

Haven't really looked at LoN stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am absolutely certain that Diablo 3 could have been salvaged. They just gave up on it because they could no longer monetize it well without the AH. All their other games have long term monetization. Diablo 3 is just not made to be monetized (the avatar is not distinctive enough to sell cosmetics and skins, no mounts, pets are not really visible with how busy the screen is, no lobbies so you can show off).
    It had nothing to do with monetization. They thought the game was dead and that RoS would not give it a resurgence. So as RoS was wrapping up they shifted most of the team to D4 and other Diablo related projects. When it was apparent RoS was a huge success it was too late to pull from the newly started projects. That is not to say they couldn't have hired more and made a 2nd expansion, which I believe they should have, but that decision had nothing to do with monetization, considering they AH was far from gone by then.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    First they say 5 "Quality of Life" Stash tabs on PC, buyable with gold on PTR, then change it to Season Journey.

1.5 more years to unlock all 5 isn't really Quality of Life...

itll never ever happen but a d3 announcement like small expansion - new class, new level cap, skill rework and two new acts - would be amazing /dream
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

7+ Year Old Account

Funnily enought this game comes back every once in a while. One of the funniest things:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Executioner
    New Legendary Power: Attacks will slay enemies with less than (5-10%) health.
    Good idea to put a mandatory item in the pool. Also Echoing Fury looks way too good, Messerschimdt is great for CD based builds. The new legendary gem instead is something that was needed by a long time - LoN builds needed that extra stack of damage/toughness to be viable.

EDIT: to be clear, a power like that is way too binary to work in a good way. If the % is too low, then the clear speed gain is negligible and the item is useless. If it's too high, then it's automatically better than anything else being it a flat monster hp reduction basically. And you cannot really balance it as the right spot changes based on character damage, GR level, etc so it's relative to the player/enemy power ratio, which is constantly fluctuating.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-07-26 at 06:45 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The new Executioner will be very good on supports. The Legacy of Dreams gem is such a nice addition, can't wait to play around with it.
    Also, the S18 buff looks interesting.

This is a lot more changes than I was expecting. Pleasant surprise!

Have to go check it out and see how things are balance-wise. A few of the abilities seem fairly bonkers, but who knows maybe they're worse (or better?!) in practice than on paper.