7+ Year Old Account

Patch notes thread (2.6.10 PTR)

Patch 2.6.5
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22933...view-3-29-2019

Patch 2.6.6 PTR
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23059434

Seasons
    The buff for Season 18, the Season of the Triune, has been added
    Triune's Will: All abilities have a chance when hitting an enemy to spawn a circle that gives a power. Only one circle can be active at a time.
    Power: Players in the circle receive a 100% damage bonus while active
    Resource Reduction: Players in the circle receive a 50% discount on resources spent while active
    Cooldown Reduction: While standing in an active circle, any skills currently on cooldown come off of cooldown more quickly
    Items

Flavor of Time
    New Legendary Power: Pylon effects last twice as long.

The Executioner
    New Legendary Power: Attacks will slay enemies with less than (5-10%) health.

Stone Gauntlets
    New Legendary Power: Getting attacked will slowly turn you to stone... (You gain 50% more armor, but your movement speed is reduced by 15% and attack speed is reduced by 20%. This effect stacks up to 5 times)

Echoing Fury
    New Legendary Power: Slaying enemies engulfs the wielder into a Frenzy. (Killing enemies increases your attack speed by 15% and movement speed by 5%. This effect stacks up to 5 times)

Squirt's Necklace
    New Legendary Power: While not taking damage, your damage is increased by up to 100% and damage taken is increased by up to 50%.

Messerschmidt's Reaver
    New Legendary Power: Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you slay an enemy.

Mortick's Brace
    New Legendary Item: Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of every rune.

Spite
    Note: This item can be crafted from the Blacksmith and is not a normal loot drop
    New Legendary Power: Non-cleaving Gargantuans gain the cleave and chilling effects of the Humongoid rune.

Legacy of Dreams
    New Legendary Gem:
    While you have no set bonuses equipped, every Legendary item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 3.75% and reduces your damage taken by 2%. (Max level 99)
    Rank 25: This bonus is doubled for Ancient items.

Crafted Sets

Sage's Journey
    A Belt has been added to this set.
    Haedrig the Blacksmith now automatically learns how to forge this set at Rank 12.

Captain Crimson's Trimmings
    (2) Set Bonus
    Regenerates 6000 Life per Second
    Reduces cooldown of all skills by10% 20%.
    Now also reduces Resource Costs by 20%
    (3) Set Bonus
    Set bonuses have been replaced
    Damage dealt is increased by your total percentage of Cooldown Reduction
    Damage taken is reduced by your total percentage of Resource Cost Reduction

Aughild's Authority
    (2) Set Bonus
    Set bonuses have been replaced
    Reduces damage taken by 15%
    Increases damage dealt by 30%
    (3) Set Bonus
    Reduces damage from elites by15% 30%
    Increases damage against elites by15 30%

Cain's Destiny
    (2) Set Bonus
    Attack Speed increased by 8%
    +50% Experience. (5.0% at level 70) (Moved from (3) Set Bonus)
    (3) Set Bonus
    When a Greater Rift Keystone drops, there is a 25% chance for an extra one to drop.
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2019-07-26 at 10:12 AM.

Not earth-shattering, but most of it is cool I guess.

I'm not in love with auto-LoN as a season buff, though. You could very well spend a lot of time not benefiting from the buff in any way, while endgame will warp around it to a considerable degree. I hate binaries like that, where it's either useless or OP. Plus the whole dependency on ancients HUGELY rewards people who grind 4-man bounties day in and day out so they can reroll their legendaries - and that in a game where people were already complaining that group play (bounties especially) is enormously favored. Do not like.

The QoL improvements are very welcome, stash especially.

tldr: more number

10+ Year Old Account
    Sages set bonus is sweet, though it's a shame its coming AFTER the removal of the RoRG seasonal buff.

LoN baseline for S17 allows for Convention+1 other ring (Unity, Ring of Jordan will likely be the common alternatives, but may see a surprise)

Some minor boosts to less-popular legendary effects, blizz just needs to go to all legendary effects below 500% or so and boost them at this point (Hoping for Depth Diggers buff!)

New potion... ok? Been a while I guess.

More stash, yay.

They shoulda just gone up to T20 for reals.

I wonder if Primal/Ancient Puzzle ring will give super-vaults?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

why cant they just give diablo 3 a decent patch for one season at least.

It would take fuck all for multi billion dollar company.

Guess they gotta save every cent for koticks pay cheque

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Rose buff is decent, I guess. Could be fun to make a nova spamming generator build.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I played the last Season but I cleared GR100 within 2 days I think. After that I didn't see a point in grinding more. I played Wizard and the starter-Set this season sucks ass, so it took me quite a while to get the set I wanted to progress with, so if you ignore that I would have been bored even quicker.

The powercreep is just way too crazy in D3. The difference between Non-Set and a 6p Set is so crazy, its ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    These have to be April Fools patch notes, but they made most of them quasi-believable.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2019-03-30 at 01:53 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I know i moved on from Diablo 3, but some time ago i semi joked about adding more Torment levels after the insane power creep the previous patch brought..... And here more Torment levels so we can skip more difficulties!
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy is that a buff to Zunimassa / voodoo army playstyle? Too bad it won't play well with the ancient seasonal trait.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account
    When is the PTR coming up?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    When is the PTR coming up?
    Hopefully today. But based on previous "launches" properly tomorrow.

Would not surprise me if they decided to launch it around 7 pm US time. which means April 6th almost everywhere else in the world.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

This game could have had another expansion to tide us over until 4, a very missed opportunity imo. Seasons are still decently fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody once told me the world....
    Someone was in contact with a GM he stated it will start 8-9 pm EU time
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

The LoN baseline is pretty cool actually.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2019-04-05 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Akkhan’s Leniency
    Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 15-20% 75-100% for 3 seconds

current holy shield LoN build is already absurd, once you get to perfect rolls i have 80+ stacks on every pack... a few weeks into the season everybody knew that holy shield lon was OP, and would be a top build if it wasn't for the season buff.

now not only is the season buff gone, but its rotated into a LoN season buff? AND they buff 5x Leniency? are this people insane? i already see routinely 60bill+ shield hits... now it will be around 250b easily entering next season. (leniency goes at the end of the stack, so you have str, skill%, elemental%, LON, bonus on flail + shield + external modifiers AND leniency... that's a lot of stacking mods)

btw, for those who dont play sader, holy shield lon is a literal machinegun of shields, about 3 shields a second. AND they bounce a crap ton of times, each making shards that bounce some more, each bounce gives a stack of that buff, the TOTAL damage per shield is insane, AND they get another 5X multiplier on first target!

completely broken, sadly not enough people are playing LON now that the set season buff is on, if they did i gather they would have enough data to realize just how obscene this buff is.

hopefully it wont make it to live, otherwise expect yet another season of Crusader dominance on solo, and possibly on 4x since the aoe damage will reach levels of absurdity where it might displace necros. (not to mention the IAS effect on stacking gem is goodly)
    Last edited by CMKenneth; 2019-04-05 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CMKenneth View Post
    current holy shield LoN build is already absurd, once you get to perfect rolls i have 80+ stacks on every pack... a few weeks into the season everybody knew that holy shield lon was OP, and would be a top build if it wasn't for the season buff.

now not only is the season buff gone, but its rotated into a LoN season buff? AND they buff 5x Leniency? are this people insane? i already see routinely 60bill+ shield hits... now it will be around 250b easily entering next season. (leniency goes at the end of the stack, so you have str, skill%, elemental%, LON, bonus on flail + shield + external modifiers AND leniency... that's a lot of stacking mods)

btw, for those who dont play sader, holy shield lon is a literal machinegun of shields, about 3 shields a second. AND they bounce a crap ton of times, each making shards that bounce some more, each bounce gives a stack of that buff, the TOTAL damage per shield is insane, AND they get another 5X multiplier on first target!

completely broken, sadly not enough people are playing LON now that the set season buff is on, if they did i gather they would have enough data to realize just how obscene this buff is.

hopefully it wont make it to live, otherwise expect yet another season of Crusader dominance on solo, and possibly on 4x since the aoe damage will reach levels of absurdity where it might displace necros. (not to mention the IAS effect on stacking gem is goodly)
    250b is quite low though.
    Was playing around with this build https://ptr.d3planner.com/286478075 And was seeing 3700b hits from time to time.

Normally I only play it in 4-man groups but was easily able to solo 100's with my shitty gear and 800 paragon levels.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2019-04-05 at 09:55 PM.

Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
    Awesome for beginning of the season. Becomes irrelevant late game. Still a good change overall. Saves a lot of time.

Death’s Breath now drop in Horadric Caches
    Awesome, but bounties still suck. They need to go through and rebalance all the legendaries from the caches. That's the only thing that will make people do bounties late game.

Added the buff for Season 17
    Player’s damage dealt is increased by 750% and damage taken is reduced by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped while having no Set Bonuses Active
    Late game this will be fun. But no one is going to be 100% ancient items for at least a few weeks(if you're a solo player).

I loved the flexibility offered by the season 16 buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Awesome for beginning of the season. Becomes irrelevant late game. Still a good change overall. Saves a lot of time.

Awesome, but bounties still suck. They need to go through and rebalance all the legendaries from the caches. That's the only thing that will make people do bounties late game.

Late game this will be fun. But no one is going to be 100% ancient items for at least a few weeks(if you're a solo player).

I loved the flexibility offered by the season 16 buff.
    I wish, when you get to late game its all about doing bounties so you can reroll your items and hope for primal ancients.
    each reroll cost 5 of each act mats.

Each item depending on your luck can be quite cheap and insanely expensive.
    On PTR I rerolled my off-hand 80 times and still did not manage to get it as primal ancient

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    I wish, when you get to late game its all about doing bounties so you can reroll your items and hope for primal ancients.
    each reroll cost 5 of each act mats.

Each item depending on your luck can be quite cheap and insanely expensive.
    On PTR I rerolled my off-hand 80 times and still did not manage to get it as primal ancient
    You say this as if you NEED primal ancients to be competitive. I dunno, man... Seems like you wasted a lot of time for no gains. Whereas you could have settled with an ancient offhand and leveled gems and gotten more ancients via rifts.

I view primals as a bonus, but not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.