Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onmius View Post
    Imagine how ludicrous it would have been in burning crusade to have drenaei and blood elves locked behind aldor or scryer rep.

Or getting exalted with reps for goblins or worgen

Or pandaren

Why the FUCK are people treating these races different? You could easily argue Kul'tirans and Zandalari were sold as FEATURES of this expansion. To have to do anything to unlock them outside of paying for the xpac is stupid.
    thankyouthankyouthankyou that's all I'm saying!
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    So when did putting in months of grinding towards reskins become acceptable? Look at how Blizzard has lowered their own standards.
    Months...? Are you doing like half a WQ a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Onmius View Post
    Imagine how ludicrous it would have been in burning crusade to have drenaei and blood elves locked behind aldor or scryer rep.

Or getting exalted with reps for goblins or worgen

Or pandaren

Why the FUCK are people treating these races different? You could easily argue Kul'tirans and Zandalari were sold as FEATURES of this expansion. To have to do anything to unlock them outside of paying for the xpac is stupid.
    They are probably treating them different because of things like getting 8 new races since the idea came out. Also that one of them had its idea changed to be gated behind the story and where you are at in the story.
    In a way, yes, these races were shown as a core concept of the xpac; however, it’s an entirely new concept to have multiple races, let alone just 1, unlocked thru the life cycle of the xpac. Blizz has even stated they want to add more. It’s quite a different concept to have new races constantly being added instead of just having two new races introduced every other xpac, if even that.
    Some people don’t have a problem with it because they recognize what they are trading for it: 2 new races every 4-6 years vs what we have now with a possible trend becoming 4-8 new races every year or 2. Instead of being included as an instant unlock, they are released over time. Sure, argue your MAUs reasoning, and I will continue to laugh at anyone that uses this as an excuse.
    Just to clarify, anyone that states MAUs as a reason to hate Blizzard is just stupid. MAUs can’t be used because (1) smart people will just be unsubbed until the content they want is out, and (2) if you are subbed for any reason to play the game, such as raiding, then obviously your time isn’t extended by a misconstrued concept of Blizz time gating something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Bitch Jaina View Post
    that proves nothing
    every game has something like that
    Thats right! i seen it done in alot in other MMOrpgs but because its WoW then its a big deal give me a freakin break!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I agree. Doing the story should have "unlocked" the races. I mean... you are unlocking the race for your faction, not your own personal character. It doesn't make much sense.
    Buying the expansion should have unlocked the races.

Goddamn, people are whiny. I play casually and got the all the allied races unlocked without even putting effort into it. Stop thinking you're entitled to shit. Allied race or no , you're still gonna idle in town and still run the same grindy content for mediocre rewards at endgame. It's mind boggling that this is even a complaint then again alliance players are still crying about how they don't have high elves after how many years...can't say I am even surprised tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind the rep gate, the method of obtaining the rep kills me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It really is not tho, legion reps got buffed over and over again, and if you say 7th legion/honorbound takes long then you must be doin somethin extremly wrong.
    Except the other 2 reps you need to be exalted with are the big pain in the ass. You are basically around 500-750 Rep and after that you are at the mercy of RNG with the mission table. Not to mention by the time you basically finish the zone you are onyl about 1/2 into Honored so thats a shit ton of rehashed leveling quests..

Quote Originally Posted by noctbane View Post
    Goddamn, people are whiny. I play casually and got the all the allied races unlocked without even putting effort into it. Stop thinking you're entitled to shit. Allied race or no , you're still gonna idle in town and still run the same grindy content for mediocre rewards at endgame. It's mind boggling that this is even a complaint then again alliance players are still crying about how they don't have high elves after how many years...can't say I am even surprised tbh.
    Yes. How dare people be "entitled" to something that you used to get on day 1.

Another day, another thread about allied race rep-grind.

You will grind for it and you will enjoy it! Smile when doing those world quests damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Another day, another thread about allied race rep-grind.

You will grind for it and you will enjoy it! Smile when doing those world quests damn it!
    Gotta make the stat sheets look good I suppose "Hey boss, look how popular these WQ were, everyone continues to do them. Who cares if we just rehashed leveling quests, These idiots dont have a clue!"

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Gotta make the stat sheets look good I suppose "Hey boss, look how popular these WQ were, everyone continues to do them. Who cares if we just rehashed leveling quests, These idiots dont have a clue!"
    And we'll do them wether we like it or not

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes. How dare people be "entitled" to something that you used to get on day 1.
    But they aren't the same thing. Allied races are races, but they are not a replacement nor an equivalent to the fully fleshed out races we got in past expansions. They are cheaper, easier, reskins, and rerigs.

You got races on day one, but you never got an Allied Race on day one because they're a new and cheaper feature. You're also ignoring the fact we've been able to get so many in such a short amount of time, something they've never been able to do before. Purchasing BfA gave you 8 unlockable cheap races for the same price as two fully unique ones available on day one. I think they can be released better, but acting like players are getting robbed when they're actually getting more is silly. It makes more sense to say it's a quantity > quality thing with ARs, than to ignore that they're experimental and pretend you're never going to see normal race implementation again.

Actually while everyone is complaining about unlocking ARs, we're forgetting how much customization they've added on top of them. 8 new skins, transmog for all of them, mounts for all of them, heritage armor for all the main races coming, new options for current races, race-based armor for warfronts, and they're STILL hinting for more to come. That is more race/character related customization in one expansion for the same price than any expansion they've ever had. I don't see how we're victims to anything other than scheduling.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So when did putting in months of grinding towards reskins become acceptable? Look at how Blizzard has lowered their own standards.
    Doing the story gets you to at least honoured, if you do a thorough zone clear you get to halfway through honoured. Then just spam the fuck out of world quests and prioritise the table missions with KT/Zandalari rep tokens. Shouldn’t take you more than a week

Yes, they're horrible, which is why I'm not doing them.

Shocker, how one can choose what to do based on rewards in this game! I'll wait until the inevitable time when they'll remove the requirements or at the very least, lighten them.

because wow is bleeding players and not attracting any new ones.
    Citation needed. This is something parroted by the usual suspects on these forums yet there's never any evidence to back it up. No, your friendslist and guild don't count, nor your feels.

Thanks in advance for managing to find data that's simply not available outside of Blizzard's headquarters!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-30 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    -snip-
    "Oh but there's more than ever"

Doesn't stop them making them available on day 1 and adding them to the character creation screen over time.

Stop excusing this blatant cashgrab of a system. Thanks.

There is absolutely no reason for these races to be timegated. Again core features being timegated because they can't think of actual new content that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I agree. Doing the story should have "unlocked" the races. I mean... you are unlocking the race for your faction, not your own personal character. It doesn't make much sense.
    I disagree. The amount of entitlement in this post is enormous. Be thankful that rep is so easy to get. People should have gotten to exalted naturally just by playing the game. Not being exalted shows the player is lazy and doesnt' deserve any allied races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Yep. It's sad that Blizzard have adopted this mantra of "oh if people are doing it then it's obviously good content"

No. People are doing it because there's a carrot on the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    But they aren't the same thing. Allied races are races, but they are not a replacement nor an equivalent to the fully fleshed out races we got in past expansions. They are cheaper, easier, reskins, and rerigs.

You got races on day one, but you never got an Allied Race on day one because they're a new and cheaper feature. You're also ignoring the fact we've been able to get so many in such a short amount of time, something they've never been able to do before. Purchasing BfA gave you 8 unlockable cheap races for the same price as two fully unique ones available on day one. I think they can be released better, but acting like players are getting robbed when they're actually getting more is silly. It makes more sense to say it's a quantity > quality thing with ARs, than to ignore that they're experimental and pretend you're never going to see normal race implementation again.

Actually while everyone is complaining about unlocking ARs, we're forgetting how much customization they've added on top of them. 8 new skins, transmog for all of them, mounts for all of them, heritage armor for all the main races coming, new options for current races, race-based armor for warfronts, and they're STILL hinting for more to come. That is more race/character related customization in one expansion for the same price than any expansion they've ever had. I don't see how we're victims to anything other than scheduling.
    You're wasting perfectly sound reasoning and level headed logic based on facts on a poster that'll ignore it to keep screeching his anti-WoW tune. Nobody plays this game because they enjoy it, all features are cynical, woe is us, hail X other game yada yada.

That being said, you made me feel less salty about the races I'm holding off on getting due to the requirements (Alliance-side). I'll get them someday, but moving forward I hope they'll give us regular races with Allied races being a one off or not at all, only when it makes sense. Yes, people wanting to play the game will have them in due time either way, but it makes coming back after a break feel sour I'd imagine (since it applies to me as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No. People are doing it because there's a carrot on the stick.
    Definition of todays gaming. Not saying my opinion on it, but it sells, really. New gamers likes short-term rewards. Do this and you'll get this. It won't change before people change.

It's typical of players from the WoW-generation that we want to play the game as it used to be, but that won't appeal to new younger players.

And I have written this before, I believe this is a dilemma Blizzard struggle with when it comes to WoW. Is it best to make the game for the loyal fanbase, or do they want to appeal more to new players.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-03-30 at 02:24 AM.