Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Gotta love it when the fans tell the creators that they're doing their own creations wrong.
    Sure they are the creators, but when the statue looks nothing like the character in the game you gotta wonder...

LOL the average person didnt farm islands enough so now they have to give people more AK to make sure they catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    So its popular buying cheap crap for hundreds now?
    You must be new to figurines..

The price is also not the issue, that is actually bog standard these days and complaints with the quality based on the store photos is definitely misplaced. The only thing here at fault is the art itself, since that isn't really Jaina's as we've come to know her.

Gotta love it when the fans tell the creators that they're doing their own creations wrong.
    So people aren't allowed to be critical just because they didn't create it?

Where are the Range classes for MDI?

Jaina's eyebrows look weird af. Facial texture also looks cheap, bone structure is different from the in-game model. Too bad as it would have been a nice statue, flaws are too glaring to overlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    So people aren't allowed to be critical just because they didn't create it?
    No, they're not allowed to say "We don't care if you're the one who invented this character, we as the fans get to tell you your creation doesn't look like how we envisioned it being therefore you screwed up."

Reminds me of the poster BreadIsFunny, whose signature is all about them "assassinating" Alleria Windrunner's personality in Legion. She was a WC2 character with next to no characterization to begin with, so BiS had over a decade to impose his own believes and ideals upon what Alleria was. When her personality was actually fleshed out and was different than his idealized version he'd been headcanoning for the past decade, he blames them.

No, they're not allowed to say "We don't care if you're the one who invented this character, we as the fans get to tell you your creation doesn't look like how we envisioned it being therefore you screwed up."

Reminds me of the poster BreadIsFunny, whose signature is all about them "assassinating" Alleria Windrunner's personality in Legion. She was a WC2 character with next to no characterization to begin with, so BiS had over a decade to impose his own believes and ideals upon what Alleria was. When her personality was actually fleshed out and was different than his idealized version he'd been headcanoning for the past decade, he blames them.
    If you swap "how we envisioned it" with "how it's represented in 100% of blizzards own media." You'll see what people are talking about.
    It's literally not what the character looks like.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wanna this action figure too!

It's not "how we envisioned it", it is "how Blizzard has shown her to us for the last 20 years.
    Even if the style changes - this is acceptable, it should at least look like the character in game / in cinematics.

Illidan and Sylvanas didn't suffer this fate, hopefully. Pretty sure Jaina won't sell as well as the other two, for sure I won't be buying it (and God knows i'd buy it if it was neat).

The one from the chinese thing linked earlier is so much closer to the source material... Too bad that's a 1k$ thing with probably 3 or 400$ duty taxes...

would love a statue version for people that live with a minimum wage of 600€ and 400€ rent to pay!

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Wow, that one is legit so much better lol.
    Yes one looks like a mature woman who has seen some shit and the other some angry 17 year old.

Am I the only one who's actually shocked they're going forward with Blizzcon 2019? After all the layoffs and downsizings that's been happening, I was laying odds that it was next on the chopping block. o_O

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty well done model but it really doesn't look like Jaina in the face at all. Kind of looks like a mannequin's face.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Am I the only one who's actually shocked they're going forward with Blizzcon 2019? After all the layoffs and downsizings that's been happening, I was laying odds that it was next on the chopping block. o_O
    Layoffs and downsizing doesn’t always mean dire straits. Sometimes it’s getting rid of positions that are rendered obsolete by new technology, as well as positions that were once useful but no longer needed.
    Blizzard is still making money.
    My company used to have a specific position they hired for. They don’t do it anymore because another position already does that job as well as additional duties and it was more cost effective and cheaper to just not have those positions anymore.

Talk about perceived value lmfao. Prime example of wasted money.

Where are the money from the so called "wow compendium"? They said they would add all the money to the MDI prizepool no? Like dota 2 and lol. Another activision scam i gues.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was some thread about figures...blizzard n otherwise..

350$ for ...that?

bleh. rather get collection of 6 mini guitars for 200$. https://store.axeheaven.com/collecti...es-limited-qty

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I wish there was some thread about figures...blizzard n otherwise..
    Make one, sounds like it could be a decent thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You must be new to figurines..

The price is also not the issue, that is actually bog standard these days and complaints with the quality based on the store photos is definitely misplaced. The only thing here at fault is the art itself, since that isn't really Jaina's as we've come to know her.
    I saw a video review about the Sylvanas statue and was shocked when the guy did a close-up and there was a visible chip/unpainted bit near her ear and the guy reported that he accidentally broke a couple of the arrows because they were so fragile. Completely turned me off from future statues from Blizzard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icwZfAOwaVo can see the unfinished area in near the left ear in the 4:10 mark.