Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    1) How did the boomers screw things up iyo ?
    2) When did boomers take over from the previous generation iyo ?
    The rampant spending and misuse of funds. The built up a massive debt, and the unfunded liabilities are going to drown future generations.

The Boomers (ass well as the Greatest Generation), have been in power since before Reagan, with the Baby Boomers really taking over with Bill Clinton. The liabilities from Social Security alone are going to be damn hard to recover from. As it stands, the SS Trust Fund will be completely insolvent in 15 years, so all that money that has been spent by people still living... gone. As a single example, by 2034, I will have paid roughly $230-250k into SS. That's not including my employers that paid the same amount, or all the money I've paid for my employees when matching their payments. In 2034, there will be zero dollars to show for it all.

Now, multiple me by tens of millions of people.

29 people didnt have sex and everyone loses their god damn mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I agree that we did not start the fire. But we did not put it out either.
    That'd be a pretty good follow-up song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    A. There aren't enough jobs, and the ones available are often enough woefully underpaid. That's how for example fully employed teachers end up driving Ubers.
    B. See A. It's hard to move out if you are underpaid, especially considering the state of the housing market.
    C. You are overworked and underpaid with little free time, less disposable income and even less energy to get out of the house. Going with the teacher example from above, bit hard to have a hobby after having 2 jobs and doing school prep.

Pull your head out of your ass.
    Can i ask what country you live in because if its the US you’re entirely full of shit

Holy shit, a whole lot of whining and blaming going on in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The rampant spending and misuse of funds. The built up a massive debt, and the unfunded liabilities are going to drown future generations.

The Boomers (ass well as the Greatest Generation), have been in power since before Reagan, with the Baby Boomers really taking over with Bill Clinton. The liabilities from Social Security alone are going to be damn hard to recover from. As it stands, the SS Trust Fund will be completely insolvent in 15 years, so all that money that has been spent by people still living... gone. As a single example, by 2034, I will have paid roughly $230-250k into SS. That's not including my employers that paid the same amount, or all the money I've paid for my employees when matching their payments. In 2034, there will be zero dollars to show for it all.

Now, multiple me by tens of millions of people.
    Fascinating. I'm going to shock the heck out of you. Your main point has validity. The debt will bite us in the ass sometime in the near future. However the boomers have not been in power nearly as long as you think. What that takes is 1) sheer numbers, 2) money, & 3) free time. In the case of the US that happened when the kids were all out of the house or at most you were on the last one in college, which was about 45ish for the boomers. As for the numbers I would say that you would have had enough by at least 1955. Add those two factors and you get the year 2000 for the change.

Finally the SS Trust Fund. I am an accountant and frankly the SS Trust Fund is a joke. All that money has been spent and what we've got in exchange is IOU's . So if you think there is a big ol' pot of money in the trust fund......well then ooops, surprise !

Fascinating. I'm going to shock the heck out of you. Your main point has validity. The debt will bite us in the ass sometime in the near future. However the boomers have not been in power nearly as long as you think. What that takes is 1) sheer numbers, 2) money, & 3) free time. In the case of the US that happened when the kids were all out of the house or at most you were on the last one in college, which was about 45ish for the boomers. As for the numbers I would say that you would have had enough by at least 1955. Add those two factors and you get the year 2000 for the change.

Finally the SS Trust Fund. I am an accountant and frankly the SS Trust Fund is a joke. All that money has been spent and what we've got in exchange is IOU's . So if you think there is a big ol' pot of money in the trust fund......well then ooops, surprise !
    What is the difference between a Ponzi scheme and Social Security?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    oh oh oh, I know this one... One has been painted to look like it isn't a scam

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The fact that men are generally more sexless than women is the interesting fact that get overlooked. Apart from which fault it is, this will be a real problem in the future.

Sexless men are more violent, aggresive and feeling not as a part of society. They will rebel at some point and if they are enough it will be bad. Nothing matters if you can not have sex. Some consider it even a basic need after Maslow. It has the same importance as food and water.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.467daaa03f95

You know your country is in complete omnishambles when young people literally become so isolated that they won't engage in normal interactions with each other. Thanks for the 2007 financial meltdown, boomers. Thanks for useless college degrees. Thanks for beyond ludicrous hiring requirements. Thanks for stagnated wages. Thanks for inflated housing prices. Thanks for destroying the economy. Feel proud of being the generation that fucked our once great country right into the ground.
    LOL. I'm sure you don't take responsibility for anything. Life in America isn't some terrible thing. You sound like a cry baby entitled pos. Work hard and try hard. Stop making excuses by blaming others even if it was some other generation that "fucked america". Try harder. GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

This topic reeks of an incel post. Blaming others for your own issues. Yes maybe boomers had caused some issues, but there is no way to change the past, we can only move forward in the present.

Just move out of your parents basement, get a job. Shower regularly and workout and you'll be having sex in no time. Also develop some social skills.

I never said there was a big ole pot of money, it's nothing more than treasury notes at this point. But, the federal government is legally obligated to cover that $2.5 trillion worth of nothing. Every single year, when SS runs a deficit, the federal government covers it by borrowing more money from third parties. The only issue is that in 2034, all that even disappears. That means there's no IOU's, no legal responsibility. It's all gone. Tens of trillions of dollars... pissed down the drain.

As for the Baby Boomers, I also pointed that the generation before them ran things, called the "Greatest Generation." Clinton was a Baby Boomer. The Baby boomer generation started after WWII, generally considered people born between 1946 and 1964. That puts it right in line with the early 1990's, when Bill Clinton took office.

Greatest generation was mine because we had Shaggy and Real McCoy, how can the rest of humanity even compete?

All I ever c is millennials blaming other ppl for their problems. One day they will wake up and look in the mirror.

I'm a millennial and think millennial are bunch of whiny cry babies that need to stfu and get a job. Holy shit. what a generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    There is no difference. I remember professors remarking on that fact years ago when I was doing my Master's.
    It was not a secret to anyone who bothered to take 10 seconds to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.467daaa03f95

You know your country is in complete omnishambles when young people literally become so isolated that they won't engage in normal interactions with each other. Thanks for the 2007 financial meltdown, boomers. Thanks for useless college degrees. Thanks for beyond ludicrous hiring requirements. Thanks for stagnated wages. Thanks for inflated housing prices. Thanks for destroying the economy. Feel proud of being the generation that fucked our once great country right into the ground.
    None of those things would stop someone from having sex, hell the people with the most kids are usually poor people who can't afford them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    How horrible... Thank Carter and the Democrats for the poison pill to the economy that became 2007... Thank the intellectually lazy for their own bullshit college degrees. Own the consequences of your actions and the actions you support. You got Bush because people were tired of Slick Willy and his party and there was no way to prevent FL from voting for Bush in 2000 (if only there had been a way to keep the angry Cuban Ex-pats from voting for Bush to punish the Democrats).
    You misspelled Reagan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    You misspelled Reagan.
    Really? Reagan was President in 1977?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.