Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    That's the problem. What is the point of having consumables in the game if everyone can get them for free and use them all the time? They should be meaningful, not something you waste on every pull.
    You're arguing based on a false premise here - nobody literally wants free consumables, we want to not be required to do extra gold or reagent farming (or to buy tokens with RL money) just because we do high-end content that requires consumables and/or because we want to push our spec to the limit of its performance.

It is OK that consumables cost a bit, and that we would have more money over time if we abstained from using them. But slowly but surely being bled dry unless we put a lot of effort into farming gold/reagents is not acceptable when being in a mythic guild, especially a competitive one, is already a big investment.

Even in late Legion, when potions of prolonged power was dirt cheap and the rest of consumables were reasonable as well, far from 'everyone' used them all the time. I did a ton of heroic pug raiding on my alts back then, and it was rare to see the whole raid being flasked and double-potting, and that's with me getting into relatively decent pugs because of my mythic progression. Hell, even though I made millions of gold in Legion thanks to an army of alts with the mission board, I didn't bother using prolonged power on every single trash pack in M+ for example.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    That's the problem. What is the point of having consumables in the game if everyone can get them for free and use them all the time? They should be meaningful, not something you waste on every pull.
    It was not a problem. It was the norm for 5 expansions. And more importantly, it was fun. Knowing that your character is the very best it can be, that you are 100% optimized, is fun. Being greedy with your consumables because of the skyhigh prices is NOT fun, and just feels wrong.

You were probably one of those people who cheered when raidbuffs got taken away and snapshotting removed at the end of MoP. Or when Blizzard removed artifacts at the end of Legion, while keeping the classes mostly intact, those same classes that were 100% designed with the Artifacts and the extra spells they provided in mind. Or God forbid, when Blizzard went full retard and removed ML and put tons of abilities back on the GCD (abiliities that had mostly been off the GCD since TBC/WotLK).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I've had to fund my mats buying from outside of the game just to afford to raid now LOL!

Unfortunately this is by design. Ion doesn't think we should be using many consumables on farm content or on learning attempts and apparently thinks that prior to WoD that's how most players used consumables. It isn't my experience, but like most things, Ion seems to play a different game than me.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    It was not a problem. It was the norm for 5 expansions. And more importantly, it was fun. Knowing that your character is the very best it can be, that you are 100% optimized, is fun. Being greedy with your consumables because of the skyhigh prices is NOT fun, and just feels wrong.

You were probably one of those people who cheered when raidbuffs got taken away and snapshotting removed at the end of MoP. Or when Blizzard removed artifacts at the end of Legion, while keeping the classes mostly intact, those same classes that were 100% designed with the Artifacts and the extra spells they provided in mind. Or God forbid, when Blizzard went full retard and removed ML and put tons of abilities back on the GCD (abiliities that had mostly been off the GCD since TBC/WotLK).
    ye i was this guy you desribe

and its not surpirsing i have a lot of fun playing BfA

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    all i read is "those bad casuals dont want to buy mythic carries"

perfect - you should have been never been able to sell them in first place if devs would care about endgame in first place.

raiding was always expensive . if you want to save gold make your raiders to use alts for prodiding flasks/pots for themselves instead providing it for them.
    Lol? Raiding was never this expensive also top end guilds have sold raid loot since the game launched to fund the guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye i was this guy you desribe

and its not surpirsing i have a lot of fun playing BfA
    So basically you despise having any depth at all in a game so why play an mmorpg?
    Last edited by Xath; 2019-04-02 at 11:37 AM.

I spent 150k on making as many caldrons as i could in one go. I got about 20 bonus cauldrons out of that. I provide 1 a raid and we have two raids a week. As for the feasts my guild knows how much i hate to fish. So they give me fish. I don't require people to donate but if they don't. they won't have it. If you are more serious about your raids, then make it a requirement that your raiders contribute. Many guilds do. If they get a boe in raid, have a rule that they turn it over to be sold. have one gather herbs so busy alchemist have at least enough to trasmute to anchor each day. If you don't spend the gold you have to spend the time. That is the way of the real world too.

Idk if this was posted yet but stop providing pots for the raid?

Pots are definately something everybody should have on their own, and not be provisioned by the guild.

Flasks and feasts are a little different since you literally have items in the game that provide you like 30 of them from 1 single usage.

Pots don't, hence go farm them on your own.

On a side note I tend to agree, costs are lil' high nowadays.

I don't think it's a bad thing that people who want to clear a raid in a month or so have to spend a lot of gold. I hope it keeps going like that, I'm making insane gold on the mythic raiders who will buy my entire stock just so they can wipe 100 times more.

Don't forget that you're probably still very undergeared and just because you want to be very fast at killing, doesn't mean items should be up for grabs.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

just farm or buy gold tokens. raiding is expansive, especially progression but you brag that you clear is within less than 2 months. That gives you plenty of time to make up until the next tier.

While I'm not one for conspiracies, I do kinda feel Blizzard is makeing some pretty good money from having people buy tokens to fund raiding ( as one of the alchemists in my guild I made probably 200k worth of pots for people just last night) For a stack of siren's pollen on my server is anywhere from 4k to 8k, riverbud 3k to 6k, so you'll be paying anywhere from 7k - 14k for 20 pots, before alchemy procs.

The thing is if you look at this for the health of the game and not a hate of mythic raiders ( which there does seem to be a strange ammount of). I honestly don't think mythic raiding, which according to most people is a tiny % of the wow population, needs another barrier for people to get into. As a mythic raider myself I want more people raiding then less, as it is now it's super hard to recruit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mat requirements for alch consumables needs to be drastically cut down, by at LEAST 80-90%.

By this point in all prior expansions, FLASKS were cheaper than a single potion is now.

This game becoming koreanish where u need to farm mats hardcore and be pre ready and it's fucking exhausting as fuck. I don't see the fun there anymore, it's CHORE HARDCORE worser than before.

Price of raiding is dirt cheap compared to m+ pushing

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    This game becoming koreanish where u need to farm mats hardcore and be pre ready and it's fucking exhausting as fuck. I don't see the fun there anymore, it's CHORE HARDCORE worser than before.
    i assume you don't want to play classic wow then where you had to farm your ass off between raids
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Perhaps my methods have just improved or I have gotten far better at playing the AH but when you factor in how easy it is to generate gold these days I would argue that bfa is one of the cheaper expansions to raid.

That said I will admit it isn't the cheapest but I wouldn't put it that high on the curve for cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Perhaps my methods have just improved or I have gotten far better at playing the AH but when you factor in how easy it is to generate gold these days I would argue that bfa is one of the cheaper expansions to raid.

That said I will admit it isn't the cheapest but I wouldn't put it that high on the curve for cost.
    Only ways to generate gold super easy is:

Be an AH master, or buy and sell tokens.

You could also have a fuckton of alts and farm the piss outta older raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Only ways to generate gold super easy is:

Be an AH master, or buy and sell tokens.

You could also have a fuckton of alts and farm the piss outta older raids.
    I played the AH since tbc so that could be why I haven't really felt anything negative if anything I would rank this as one of the more profitable expansions if your good at the herb/ink shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I played the AH since tbc so that could be why I haven't really felt anything negative if anything I would rank this as one of the more profitable expansions if your good at the herb/ink shuffle.
    If too many people try to do that it doesn't work well, so playing the AH isn't an option for the raiding population as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If too many people try to do that it doesn't work well, so playing the AH isn't an option for the raiding population as a whole.
    I suppose so... I lived in a bit of a bubble for almost a decade. Ever since ZA ive sold mounts and ever since CM's ive sold runs along with playing the AH. Unless the token market really skyrockets in price wow is free for me well past 2026 at this point.

I don't think gold is all that hard to come buy it is just not linked to a lot of activities players consider fun unless playing at a extremely high skill level.