Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Make an alt, learn herbalist and alch, make millions of gold, ???, profit.

    Simple as that. Price are high because not enough people provide the stuff, basic marketing 101.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Make an alt, learn herbalist and alch, make millions of gold, ???, profit.

    Simple as that. Price are high because not enough people provide the stuff, basic marketing 101.
    It is video game though. It should be about having fun.

  3. #103
    Scarab Lord Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    4,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It is video game though. It should be about having fun.
    Some people enjoy making money.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  4. #104
    Unfortunately if consumables costs get hammered, so does the gold making from them, which will probably upset a lot of people. I wonder do people really use professions for gold these days, excluding those who use them for a lot of profit? A single +10 carry which can be done by anyone in heroic gear gives you about 30-50k gold, why bother spending countless hours in farming herbs or shuffling?

    I would like to see professions really be revamped - keep the consumables production but keep the price low (so that it gives you an edge for a price, that is affordable to all, but refocus them on something else.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It is video game though. It should be about having fun.
    After farming a bit you make your own route, once you are able to farm that route mindlessly with easy you pull up some anime/film/serie on the second monitor/phone and enjoy!

    Ended up watching about 150 episode of One piece that way.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Some people enjoy making money.
    And that's completely fair.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    After farming a bit you make your own route, once you are able to farm that route mindlessly with easy you pull up some anime/film/serie on the second monitor/phone and enjoy!

    Ended up watching about 150 episode of One piece that way.
    It shouldn't be necessary though.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

    It shouldn't be necessary though.
    What an idea, make all the things that you don't think are fun unnecessary. Why don't you just play angry birds?

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    What an idea, make all the things that you don't think are fun unnecessary. Why don't you just play angry birds?
    That's not what I meant. I think you know that.

  9. #109
    Your costs are quite bloated. You don't need shit like potions and augment runes to reclear. If you say you do, i'm gonna doubt that your guild clears content in 5-6 weeks.

    Secondly, i refuse to believe you struggle to find buyers to sell shit to. Join Gallywix and you'll have infinite gold, assuming you can meet their high standards. Boosts are as strong as they've ever been, because end bosses are actually decently hard now (Kil'Jaeden started the trend and its been going strong since) and people demand curve for even shit like 1st boss mythic pugs.

    If you mean mythic boosts, thats another story. Put yourself in the perspective of someone buying a mythic boost. Would you buy it from a world 100+ guild, or from Method or Limit or some other very well known guild that have been top 1-20 for half a decade? The option is pretty simple. You can trust those guys with your gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Islam is a race. End of discussion.
    Nazi btw

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And that's completely fair.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It shouldn't be necessary though.
    Potions and flask arent necessary to play this game, it only helps. If you think it's necessary then it's on you, not the game.

    Fun fact, all content has been cleared by people with alot less gear and lower dps than you and your guild has currently. Potions and flasks are optional.

  11. #111
    They need to add a cheap 1 min stats potion like sargeras one from legion, that alone will fix the consumable overprice problem

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Potions and flask arent necessary to play this game, it only helps. If you think it's necessary then it's on you, not the game.

    Fun fact, all content has been cleared by people with alot less gear and lower dps than you and your guild has currently. Potions and flasks are optional.
    That's true. Most Guilds think potions and flasks are necessary though, so it's not simply an individual choice. WoW is still a video game. It should mostly be about having fun.

  13. #113
    Honestly I wish they would take away pre-potting. Would save raiders a ton of gold. Shouldn't be too tough of a change to make, just pause the potion CD once you enter combat.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by dotsown View Post
    Price of raiding is dirt cheap compared to m+ pushing
    Even more so when you look at return on investment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Potions and flask arent necessary to play this game, it only helps. If you think it's necessary then it's on you, not the game.

    Fun fact, all content has been cleared by people with alot less gear and lower dps than you and your guild has currently. Potions and flasks are optional.
    By that same thinking nothing in the game is necessary. Oddly people still use and search after gear, get enchants, gems, food, runes, potions and anything else they can. Individually they make a jump in performance when you factor in the entire group it is a huge gain. Sure people can and have done things with less, but that doesn't mean much. A guy climbed Everest in shorts without oxygen, it doesn't mean that it is a good udea or for everyone else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    They need to add a cheap 1 min stats potion like sargeras one from legion, that alone will fix the consumable overprice problem
    Not really, it would become popular but not necessarily lower the price of the better consumables. While it might make things cheaper using it, people going with the current items could see no benefits at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  15. #115
    I have made 5mln gold in first 3 weeks of bfa using herb and alch. Imagine how many tokens you can buy with it. Flasks cost is fine, but potions? Its joke. People pushing m+ use so many of them, raiders also use a lot because they wipe a lot during progress.

    On the other hand people farming mats need to be rewarded.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Idk if this was posted yet but stop providing pots for the raid?

    Pots are definately something everybody should have on their own, and not be provisioned by the guild.

    Flasks and feasts are a little different since you literally have items in the game that provide you like 30 of them from 1 single usage.

    Pots don't, hence go farm them on your own.

    On a side note I tend to agree, costs are lil' high nowadays.
    Pots are way way more painful than flasks and food

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I sympathize with you, but you'll find lots of people (mainly hc raid puggers) that claim raid logging is a crime, mythic should be tuned around raiding 5-7 times a week with extra mandatory 20h a week farming sessions of herbs, ap, and other meaningless crap to prevent people from being "raid loggers", because that's how it used to be in glorious days of vanilla. Basically mythic raiding shouldn't be gated by skill, but by timesinks that make it blocked from anyone who has a job or wants to do anything else in their spare time than sit in wow.

    I swear I had people claim that my guild is "not a real guild" if people mostly log to raid and do 1 m+ a week. That if people play 12h a week that's not hardcore enough. That if people don't wanna grind for hours for ap and consumables they should step down from mythic and go casual. Well basically what people want is mythic raiding to die so they can feel better about themselves that only "nolife basement virgins" raid mythic or nobody does, it's removed and they're at the ceiling of the game.

    No one really knows why grinds exist in this game, casuals can ignore them and hardcores hate them. You think forcing people to grind herbs, ap, augment runes etc. would stop all these "wow has no content" threads? Nope, ofc not. These people don't even consider it "content". The only people who have to do the grinds are people who already have another reason to stay subbed to wow, like mythic raiding or pushing high m+ keys. The people who feel there's a content drought and they ran out of stuff to do won't suddenly fill their time with grinding herbs.
    The only people who claim that though are people who don't do it and get salty over the idea of people having better gear than them so they want to take it out on the people who do mythic raid

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Make an alt, learn herbalist and alch, make millions of gold, ???, profit.

    Simple as that. Price are high because not enough people provide the stuff, basic marketing 101.
    Have you ever played this game?

    There's no profit in alchemy. Pots and flasks sell for half of what they cost to make. If it was that easy everyone could do it, Alchemy legit the easiest prof in the game to level.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Honestly I wish they would take away pre-potting. Would save raiders a ton of gold. Shouldn't be too tough of a change to make, just pause the potion CD once you enter combat.
    It's really never been much of a problem until this expansion, when they for no reason at all decided to make potions cost more than a flask. Potions of Prolonged power in Legion are about what a potion should cost. Potions now cost 20 times that.

    Even now, it costs about 400g worth of mats to craft a single DPS potion. This is more than the mats cost of a weapon enchant. It's a huge jump up from what potions have ever cost in the past.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Not really, it would become popular but not necessarily lower the price of the better consumables. While it might make things cheaper using it, people going with the current items could see no benefits at all.
    In Legion those pots were equal to or better than the standard ones. Most classes lost nothing by using them.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-04-20 at 03:06 PM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    They need to add a cheap 1 min stats potion like sargeras one from legion, that alone will fix the consumable overprice problem
    Seriously, I don't know why this hasn't happened yet. The Legion blood trader and Prolonged Power pots solved the vast majority of the expansion's consumable price problem way before flying did the rest. I'm tired of having to farm ad nauseum or plop down thousands/week on Bursting Bloods.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Seriously, I don't know why this hasn't happened yet. The Legion blood trader and Prolonged Power pots solved the vast majority of the expansion's consumable price problem way before flying did the rest. I'm tired of having to farm ad nauseum or plop down thousands/week on Bursting Bloods.
    Because a free potion adds nothing to the game. It is just another cd you stack with other cds, pointless.

    They are supposed to be something you use rarely, when it matters, instead of wasting them on every pull. The problem is the prevalent tryhard parsing mentality, not the potion cost.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post


    In Legion those pots were equal to or better than the standard ones. Most classes lost nothing by using them.
    Which would defeat the purpose of the current potions. There is already the pure stat potion, if anything for you to get what you want and many would agree with the material price should drop effectively lowering the price of the current potions. Adding a 3rd low cost potion that is just as strong or better is pretty damn dumb on all sides.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •