Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Which would defeat the purpose of the current potions..
    So?

Lots of crafted profession items become useless later in the expansion. How many people running around with darkmoon trinkets now?

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    So?

Lots of crafted profession items become useless later in the expansion. How many people running around with darkmoon trinkets now?
    Alchemy has never really worked that way and there is no way they are adding a potion which is very much like a current one just slashing the mats needed for it and not addressing the real issue.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If they reduce the cost of mats for the current pots than I won't have as much as an issue with this. But if they keep the mats the same RIP my gold. There is no reason to make potions this expensive to make. Look back at cata/MoP/WoD/and eventually Legion and how easy it was to make potions. Adding an artificial cost for an item that has been a standard for raiding for years does not make the game more engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Because a free potion adds nothing to the game. It is just another cd you stack with other cds, pointless.

They are supposed to be something you use rarely, when it matters, instead of wasting them on every pull. The problem is the prevalent tryhard parsing mentality, not the potion cost.
    It's supposed to be something you use all the time. It's supposed to be a cheap stat boost. The current version bankrupting raiders and allowing non-raiders to make millions is the anomoly here, and the version you described is how it worked all the way from TBC to WoD, and how it worked in the last 3/4 of Legion.

That's why people are complaining about it.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    It's supposed to be something you use all the time. It's supposed to be a cheap stat boost. The current version bankrupting raiders and allowing non-raiders to make millions is the anomoly here
    No it's not. Their words, not mine.

And raiders are not bankrupting themselves because the game requires them to, but because of the retarded tryhard parsing mentality.

And raiders are not bankrupting themselves because the game requires them to, but because of the retarded tryhard parsing mentality.
    It's not just about parsing, potions help everyone do more damage. The more damage the raid does overall, the less impactful certain mechanics become. This means a lot even to casual/heroic raiding guilds. Like I said earlier, adding this tax to raiders does not make this game any better or more engaging.

I'm aware of that. They are still wrong.

"The parsing mentality" is fun, and the main reason why a lot of raiders even play the game. Also, anyobody who uses the word "tryhard" as if trying your best was somehow a bad thing, instantly loses the entire argument.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    "The parsing mentality" is fun, and the main reason why a lot of raiders even play the game. Also, anyobody who uses the word "tryhard" as if trying your best was somehow a bad thing, instantly loses the entire argument.
    Trying your best to parse means ignoring mechanics and standing in fire, so yeah that's a bad thing. Someone trying to parse is usually a detriment to your raid, and it is mostly done by people who are chasing logs to apply to a higher ranked guild.

Trying your best to parse means ignoring mechanics and standing in fire, so yeah that's a bad thing. Someone trying to parse is usually a detriment to your raid, and it is mostly done by people who are chasing logs to apply to a higher ranked guild.
    Yea, no point in trying to rank, most ranked people are supported by a guild to do really stupid shit to try to get the highest parse possible.

This is to get everyone ready for when the game goes F2P/P2W.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yea, no point in trying to rank, most ranked people are supported by a guild to do really stupid shit to try to get the highest parse possible.
    "most", No the very very top few of the ranks might contain people like that, a lot of them do it AFTER they have progressed through the entire tier as well, which most of the people with your mindset probably doesn't do.

The lazy/crap raiders will always make excuses on parsing being bad for the raid team, more damage, faster kill times, less mechanics.
    Not everyone who performs good ignores mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    "most", No the very very top few of the ranks might contain people like that, a lot of them do it AFTER they have progressed through the entire tier as well, which most of the people with your mindset probably doesn't do.

The lazy/crap raiders will always make excuses on parsing being bad for the raid team, more damage, faster kill times, less mechanics.
    Not everyone who performs good ignores mechanics.
    I never said don't shoot for orange, the top 100 people though... generally a lot of tomfoolery there. If you get a rank pat on the back and all that, but purple and orange parses are where you want to shoot for.

Nobody does this though. Good ranks are gotten by playing perfectly, not standing in fire. There shouldn't be any difference between how you play during farm and progress.

I obviously don't count cheeselogs where 1 guy is allowed to AoE all adds on how own. Those are fake logs.

And again, not what the discussion was about. Potting should be something you can and should do as much as possible. The cuirrent situation with skyhigh prices is the anomoly here, and what needs to be fixed. Not highend raider mentalities.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2019-04-22 at 01:05 AM.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Alchemy has never really worked that way and there is no way they are adding a potion which is very much like a current one just slashing the mats needed for it and not addressing the real issue.
    It's exactly what they did in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Because a free potion adds nothing to the game. It is just another cd you stack with other cds, pointless.

They are supposed to be something you use rarely, when it matters, instead of wasting them on every pull. The problem is the prevalent tryhard parsing mentality, not the potion cost.
    Says who? Potions on all progression pulls have been a part of raiding since Vanilla. And not just for Mythic guilds either.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's exactly what they did in Legion.
    In Legion the prolonged power potions were added in very early in the expansion and added a raw stat potion, which we did not have at the time. It was also in many cases especially at the time a big downgrade from the preexisting potion options, now towards the end of the expansion with changes and the power climb for many it did become the best, but they cannot read the future. Now we have a raw stat potion already, we also have unique ability ones like we started Legion with. So adding another PP style potion would castrate what they currently have, when they could just lower the cost to make them which is the real issue and fix the problem rather than create others.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Moving to a high pop server was the best move I've ever done price wise. Potions went from 600g+ on a crappy server to around 100g on the high pop one.

At the start of the expansion you could make everyone put like 1 mil in the pot. Literally on launch you could make teams of 2 people, a herbalist and an inscriptor, one to gather herbs, the other one to make them into the trinkets. I know one guy who invested around 3 mil gold and got around 9 mil in the 1st week. I'm not saying go that hardcore but still, if every1 puts just 1 mil in the pot you would be at 25-30 mil easy. Assuming your guildies aren't that close and don't want to commit that hard, what the fuck did u do the whole of Legion? Just 5 mil from boosts? I know many guilds that boosted full Antorus except the last 3, then proceeded to boost high-cost Heroic cause they weren't saved (with guaranteed items etc), then a few runs of heroic PL, then spam Argus till u get bored. If only from the official guild runs 30-50% of the gold went to the guild bank, you would have tens of millions by now. And let's not forget Guldan Mythic mount runs, that sold even in the last months for 1-1.5 mil.

I don't understand how people that do full on hardcore content COMPLAIN that the content is too hardcore. Every little piece of content that makes the game harder should be a reason for joy, because you are willing to do it and others are not so they will fall behind. Fucking DOOH!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    At the start of the expansion you could make everyone put like 1 mil in the pot. Literally on launch you could make teams of 2 people, a herbalist and an inscriptor, one to gather herbs, the other one to make them into the trinkets. I know one guy who invested around 3 mil gold and got around 9 mil in the 1st week. I'm not saying go that hardcore but still, if every1 puts just 1 mil in the pot you would be at 25-30 mil easy. Assuming your guildies aren't that close and don't want to commit that hard, what the fuck did u do the whole of Legion? Just 5 mil from boosts? I know many guilds that boosted full Antorus except the last 3, then proceeded to boost high-cost Heroic cause they weren't saved (with guaranteed items etc), then a few runs of heroic PL, then spam Argus till u get bored. If only from the official guild runs 30-50% of the gold went to the guild bank, you would have tens of millions by now. And let's not forget Guldan Mythic mount runs, that sold even in the last months for 1-1.5 mil.

I don't understand how people that do full on hardcore content COMPLAIN that the content is too hardcore. Every little piece of content that makes the game harder should be a reason for joy, because you are willing to do it and others are not so they will fall behind. Fucking DOOH!
    this expansion has had a lot of gold sinks though and there is not so much to earn, every serious goblin can agree on that

but i feel like OP's guild just half asses boosts and doesnt do them on a regular basis. you'll run out of gold that way. also what a lot of guilds do is selling BoE's. they go for a nice sum still. basically what you already said
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I dunno about the cost of raiding, but m+ is massive drain. If I go by last weeks affixes (equivalent to mythic progress due to highest keys being done on easiest affixes):

Current prices, Silvermoon, Undermine Journal, per run:

1x Feast = 984g (in reality this is much higher as we burn 3-4 fish feasts per run to also switch to versatility when necessary)
    5x Flask - avg. 300g, = 1500g
    15x Pot per person - 75 pots - avg. 140g = 10500g
    5x Rune = 263g
    1x Scroll buff = 245g

Total = approx. 13492g per run. Last week we completed 32 runs = 431.7k gold.

And this excludes raiding/repair costs. And we played a bit casual not blasting every day/hour of the week. And while Mythic raiding has an end (farm status), the m+ costs are always incurred as in raiding you waste less potions when you are on farm, you dont really rune for farm bosses and flasks/feasts are provided by gbanks (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    15x Pot per person - 75 pots - avg. 140g = 10500g
    Again, that is a mentality issue. The game is not designed to require 15 potions per dungeon. The compulsion to use that many is in your head, the game doesn't ask you to do it, nor does it reward you. M+ has infinite scaling, it is not beatable. You are going to hit a wall on some arbitrary irrelevant level whether you waste potions or not, that's entirely up to you.