Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    It works in FFXIV because you can swap classes. It doesn't matter so much that Paladin has to be a tank because with the click of a button you can be a Monk DPS on the same character. It's basically the same thing as having a Tank/DPS/Healer spec on WoW, only more abilities are shared versus having less overall 'specialisations' (Jobs) on XIV.

    FFXIV also puts out multiple jobs per expansion. Heavensward had a Tank/DPS/Healer which is akin to WoW adding a new hybrid class. Stormblood had two DPS' and Shadowbringers will have a Tank/DPS akin to how Demon Hunter had two specs, excluding Blue Mage which is basically a glorified mini-game.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2019-03-31 at 09:17 AM.

  2. #22
    Merely a Setback Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    29,941
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    For the love of FUCKING God, I am tired of the balancing nightmare that is this game because Blizzard thinks that it's genius to have 'sub-classes' within classes.

    That is DUMB.

    If the next class introduced has ONE spec then it will be significantly easier to balance than THREE specs in a single class. Why do you have THREE classes within a class?

    That is asinine.

    In FF14, as a black mage, you feel like a master of all the elements of destruction -- class elements aren't separated into sections we know as "specializations".

    Please and thank you.
    I agree with you just to disagree with your reasoning.

    What I'd like to see is back when you could merge specs, take points into the two other specs, making yourself another hybrid. Locking yourself down to one specc, rather not. I want a class to AT LEAST have two functions (yes, I said it, even the pure DPS could've done with a support/Tank/heal role)
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  3. #23
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    For the love of FUCKING God, I am tired of the balancing nightmare that is this game because Blizzard thinks that it's genius to have 'sub-classes' within classes.

    That is DUMB.

    If the next class introduced has ONE spec then it will be significantly easier to balance than THREE specs in a single class. Why do you have THREE classes within a class?

    That is asinine.

    In FF14, as a black mage, you feel like a master of all the elements of destruction -- class elements aren't separated into sections we know as "specializations".

    Please and thank you.
    Easier, yes, boring as fuck... YES.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    For the love of FUCKING God, I am tired of the balancing nightmare that is this game because Blizzard thinks that it's genius to have 'sub-classes' within classes.

    That is DUMB.

    If the next class introduced has ONE spec then it will be significantly easier to balance than THREE specs in a single class. Why do you have THREE classes within a class?

    That is asinine.

    In FF14, as a black mage, you feel like a master of all the elements of destruction -- class elements aren't separated into sections we know as "specializations".

    Please and thank you.
    Then you people will bitch that blizzard is lazy only making one spec and "whhhaaaa they are taking away our customization!" It never ends with ya'll.

  6. #26
    This is always funny to me, so long as the two new specs are not the most absolute outliers, they don't fuck balance "more" than any other specs. Completely remaking specs such as demo should affect balance just as much as a new spec

  7. #27
    It wouldn't make things any easier because Blizzard would still have 12 other classes to tune. Giving 1 or 3 specializations to a new class makes no difference.

    There is the potential of Blizzard going all out on one specialization to make the new class feel good, but I still feel people would get bored of just one specialization. Some people like to mix it up.

  8. #28
    Perhaps my original idea isn't great at all. I would, however, love more customization across all current classes.

    Just because I am a destruction warlock does not mean that I forgot how to utilize crippling shadow magic. Same goes for mages and every other class. There should absolutely be more crossover in abilities.

    Thanks!

  9. #29
    Class Balance is totally overrated.

    Class fun is under-rated.

  10. #30
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    91
    They shouldn't add more classes.

  11. #31
    There are still a bunch of other specs so adding only one for the next class (which is a horrible idea) won't do anything.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    While largely I disagree, I do miss being able to cast firebolts or that arcane aoe as a Frost mage.
    That's what I miss most about Vanilla wow. Every class had ALL their abilities.. They weren't stuck with only "Frost spells" or what have you. I played a warlock during Vanilla and it was soo neat being able to have access to soo many abilities, and then your talent tree would make some stronger than others. Bring this back blizz!

    MAKE AZEROTH GREAT AGAIN!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    For the love of FUCKING God, I am tired of the balancing nightmare that is this game because Blizzard thinks that it's genius to have 'sub-classes' within classes.

    That is DUMB.

    If the next class introduced has ONE spec then it will be significantly easier to balance than THREE specs in a single class. Why do you have THREE classes within a class?

    That is asinine.

    In FF14, as a black mage, you feel like a master of all the elements of destruction -- class elements aren't separated into sections we know as "specializations".

    Please and thank you.
    Then go play FF14?

  14. #34
    I agree. It needs to be one spec - any type of ranged. We have too many melee in this game now. Maybe a new healer would be nice as well. Just no more melee
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  15. #35
    There's no difference if you have more classes with one spec, or fewer classes with multiple specs. Balancing is done across the board considering all specs and classes anyway. I don't think you thought your post through well enough.

    If you just want classes with one spec, that's another story... but then again, how many specs there are in the game? 36 specs I belive, if all of them would be separate classes, think how many leveling you would need to do, if you happen to have some interest for some specs as alts. So many people whine about leveling as much as it is.

  16. #36
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    15,921
    I couldn’t give two shits about balancing. So long as every spec is viable enough to do end game without being kicked from groups because you’re that spec, I’m happy.

    That said, I’d rather not see any new classes. But if they do I’d like three specs. Demon Hunter was a copout only having two.

  17. #37
    Yes, it would be easier to balance. But it's also less fun.

    Keep in mind also that FF XIV has added 2 to 3 jobs with every expansion, including one mid expansion job (Ninja, not counting blue mage in this), where as WoW adds one class every other expansion. Though I suspect as the overhead each new job brings that they may slow down to one job per expansion in 6.0 and beyond. But we got three jobs in HW, two in SB and two more coming in ShB so it's a bit hypocritical to complain about WoW adding 2 or 3 classes at a time via its specs, which are related and can share some base mechanics etc, while at the same time pointing to FFXIV in which every job is entirely separate and needs its own weapon models, with the exception of some overlap between smn and sch though they get differentiated more and more over time. Smn/sch is a special case though rather than the norm.

    In addition, while every black mage can use all three elements...every black mage is the exact same. Every BLM has the exact same kit, every dragoon, every paladin, every job is the exact same as everyone else with that job. No azerite traits, no legendaries, no talents, no specs to change up your playstyle. That is the downside to FFXIV jobs. I love FF XIV but I don't think that WoW should copy its job design for its classes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I agree. It needs to be one spec - any type of ranged. We have too many melee in this game now. Maybe a new healer would be nice as well. Just no more melee
    I do think they should make the next class a ranged dps for its dps spec(s). However, if you look at the number of melee dps specs vs ranged dps specs in the game, the gap is pretty small. 13 melee vs 11 ranged dps if my count is right. So while things are tipped towards melee, by the same token back in vanilla there were like 8 melee specs and 12 ranged dps specs, so it's not that surprising they've focused on melee for new classes, but next one really should be ranged.

  18. #38
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    12,861
    The next class will have 3 specs.

    Demons Hunters had 2 specs because their design space was shallower than a kiddie pool.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  19. #39
    I like wow & FFXIV - Both do classes/jobs differently, and it's a good thing.

    It sounds like you'd rather be playing FFXIV to be honest.
    FORTNITE
    Fite me! ^..^

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    For the love of FUCKING God, I am tired of the balancing nightmare that is this game because Blizzard thinks that it's genius to have 'sub-classes' within classes.

    That is DUMB.

    If the next class introduced has ONE spec then it will be significantly easier to balance than THREE specs in a single class. Why do you have THREE classes within a class?

    That is asinine.

    In FF14, as a black mage, you feel like a master of all the elements of destruction -- class elements aren't separated into sections we know as "specializations".

    Please and thank you.
    So you have a problem with Blizzards balancing attempts which at this point a lot of the player base know it is garbage and you think the next class is going to have one spec when their track record aside from Demon hunters have been 3 specs? Realize how dumb this post you created is?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •