Tier tokens from old raids? Naxxramas, Karazhan

hello all,

I just came back to wow. I did my transmog run for the above old raid.

Was previously short of glove tier token from Karazhan Curator and am running 10M Naxx.

Karazhan Curator didn't drop his tier token; this is my 2nd run (he didn't drop any token last week either).

10M naxx, I only received 3 tokens, helm/shoulder and chest. no glove nor pants token.

I remembered they had 100% drop, even though that token might be for other class.

I read that there is this legacy loot from last year in Aug 2018, did it affected the loot system for old raids?

Check if you have personal loot active, if you don't know what that is I'd suggest you to just google it, that'll fetch you a far better explanation than I could give you. It's basically a new loot system that screws you over if you're doing mog runs. I'm not sure if it's off by default already in the newer patches though so someone else may be able to confirm the latter.

Yeah so blizzard did this change cause xmog runners cried that tier pieces took up the majority of their loot drops and they couldn't get those cute looking gloves, and basically bosses don't HAVE to drop tier anymore from their loot table. You could do an entire raid and not get a single token from an old raid.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you have Legacy loot enabled?

Legacy loot basically means for tier pieces that the tokens will already be "transformed" now....

Good: you don't get a bunch of crappy tokens you didn't need
    Bad: Oh your a Rogue and the boss dropped a bunch of shaman gloves? sorry....

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Make sure you have Legacy loot enabled?
    you can't enable or disable legacy loot - it is automatically applied when you enter a raid instance made for toons 11 levels lower than yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Legacy loot basically means for tier pieces that the tokens will already be "transformed" now....

Good: you don't get a bunch of crappy tokens you didn't need
    Bad: Oh your a Rogue and the boss dropped a bunch of shaman gloves? sorry....
    not necessarily..... I run a few old raids from Wrath and Cata onwards and i still get tokens.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you can't enable or disable legacy loot - it is automatically applied when you enter a raid instance made for toons 11 levels lower than yourself
    Ahh I see, I've not done any old raids since BFA released so I was unsure if you needed to enable it, hence my ? at the end.

Tier tokens are no longer guaranteed drops anymore. They're still on the loot tables where they used to be, but they're no longer guaranteed.

Which is super annoying, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yeah so blizzard did this change cause xmog runners cried that tier pieces took up the majority of their loot drops and they couldn't get those cute looking gloves, and basically bosses don't HAVE to drop tier anymore from their loot table. You could do an entire raid and not get a single token from an old raid.
    Bosses don't have to drop tier anymore? Wow, that sucks. I thought it's always been 1 set of tier + 2-3 gear, so that means if no tier token drop, I should get another equipment in it's place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

- - - Updated - - -

not necessarily..... I run a few old raids from Wrath and Cata onwards and i still get tokens.
    So it's pieces are already transformed? or do I still get tokens? I only read that legacy loot is automatically applied when you enter a raid which is 11 levels lower your level. But nothing on tier tokens transforming itself. Am seeing this issue on battlenet since Aug last year.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that Legacy Loot has bugs & does not work everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Legacy Loot has bugs & does not work everywhere.
    Was there a reason why they decided to change the loot system? Did we ask for it?

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Was there a reason why they decided to change the loot system? Did we ask for it?
    Reasons behind every change made to the game for last 10 years, Alex.

In BfA they get rid of changing loot rules and everyone has personal loot. Legacy loot system was afterthought for people farming old raids (and not every one, you still have personal loot in Legion content until 1 level above BfA max level).

Overall it's better, because we finally can farm LFRs like every other dungeon (especially Dragon Soul was problematic pre-8.0). But yeah, tier not being 100% is big minus.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bosses don't have to drop tier anymore? Wow, that sucks. I thought it's always been 1 set of tier + 2-3 gear, so that means if no tier token drop, I should get another equipment in it's place?

- - - Updated - - -

So it's pieces are already transformed? or do I still get tokens? I only read that legacy loot is automatically applied when you enter a raid which is 11 levels lower your level. But nothing on tier tokens transforming itself. Am seeing this issue on battlenet since Aug last year.
    Well I ran DS just today and that gave me tokens. I’m pretty sure that when I ran Ulduar earlier this week it gave me tokens that you click to use and it changes to the tier piece. I haven’t done any raid earlier than Ulduar though so am unsure of if that’s the case in Classic and BC raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Check if you have personal loot active, if you don't know what that is I'd suggest you to just google it, that'll fetch you a far better explanation than I could give you. It's basically a new loot system that screws you over if you're doing mog runs. I'm not sure if it's off by default already in the newer patches though so someone else may be able to confirm the latter.
    IF you are more than 10 levels above the level of the raid or dungeon, personal loot is turned off and legacy loot is turned on. YOu should be gettng everything you would get with the old master looter.

- - - Updated - - -

IN a way, yes. People were constantly complaining about loot abuse with master looter. Was a main factor in the change.

7+ Year Old Account
    In one sense it's extremely unfair, because it makes getting certain transmogs that took me years to get trivial.
    On the other hand, getting transmogs from places like Dragon Soul Raid Finder mode was incredibly annoying and with legacy loot I got everything that I have ever wanted in one run. (blue staves, blue hammer, blue daggers)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    IF you are more than 10 levels above the level of the raid or dungeon, personal loot is turned off and legacy loot is turned on. YOu should be gettng everything you would get with the old master looter.

- - - Updated - - -

IN a way, yes. People were constantly complaining about loot abuse with master looter. Was a main factor in the change.
    I think master looter & legacy loot are separate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    In one sense it's extremely unfair, because it makes getting certain transmogs that took me years to get trivial.
    On the other hand, getting transmogs from places like Dragon Soul Raid Finder mode was incredibly annoying and with legacy loot I got everything that I have ever wanted in one run. (blue staves, blue hammer, blue daggers)

- - - Updated - - -

I think master looter & legacy loot are separate issues.
    They are, and I was quoting two different people, one was talking about legacy loot and one asked about master looter. Legacy loot applies if you are at least 11 levels above the level of the dungeon or raid you are running like if you were using master looter.

Oh i see. thank you for the all the response.