Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World PVP at its peak atm

There you go as the title says. Apart from the SS/Tarren Mill at the START of Vanilla, after 1.5 when BG came there was not really much going (unless you count ganking in STV as something - do you even remember the towers in EPL? None did those...), world PVP is pretty good at the moment. Have not seen it really that good for ages.

There you go: a postitve thread!

Yes I agree, while sometimes unbalanced as always, worldPvP has not seen better days since my start in BC, and this was something the community has been asking for forever.
    GJ Blizz!

Agreed on world pvp, War Mode is a 10/10 addition and a fantastic move, considering world pvp on pvp realm before WoD came down to ganking lower geared people. I wasn't ever interested in world PvP but this expansion I find myself looking for skirmishes while I do WQs.

As for instanced pvp I'm kinda out of loop, but I think it's pretty ok. Don't see too many people crying about X class being too strong (maybe Destro lock? But I don't think it's "absurdly OP" level of whine).

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed on world pvp, War Mode is a 10/10 addition and a fantastic move, considering world pvp on pvp realm before WoD came down to ganking lower geared people. I wasn't ever interested in world PvP but this expansion I find myself looking for skirmishes while I do WQs.

As for instanced pvp I'm kinda out of loop, but I think it's pretty ok. Don't see too many people crying about X class being too strong (maybe Destro lock? But I don't think it's "absurdly OP" level of whine).

love the wpvp as well but sharding needs some work

Not sure I'd consider outnumbering stuff via numbers in group to be 'good wpvp', especially when the servers are in a place to where when you fight 40v40 you can hardly do anything from the server lag or respond at all.

It's definitely not at it's peak right now. Nothing about WoW right now is at it's peak right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank u for posting this in the PVP sub-forum , because if you did in General Discussions ... oh boy the shit storm

i would like to see more world pvp related quests. Also they added guards all over the place again, dont like that myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mkayokay View Post
    i would like to see more world pvp related quests. Also they added guards all over the place again, dont like that myself
    In Legion, i was ganked two times while doing the FFA WQs on a freshly dinged Alt. I did them regurarily because they were quick and sometimes even fun. In BFA i would never enable WM unless Blizzard litterally removes the ability to log in without it.

So, from my PoV, Legion did a much better job to get me exposed to wPvP than BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    In Legion, i was ganked two times while doing the FFA WQs on a freshly dinged Alt. I did them regurarily because they were quick and sometimes even fun. In BFA i would never enable WM unless Blizzard litterally removes the ability to log in without it.

So, from my PoV, Legion did a much better job to get me exposed to wPvP than BFA.
    You can't critique the wpvp in bfa if you don't participate, that's silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

To more wPvP is raids invading eachothers cities. Not raids zerging solo players doing WQ's..

World PVP is ... happening ... to say. What it needs is more regulation in the realm / shard hopping.

Right now it's either a massive Horde raid destroying Alliance players, a massive Alliance raid destroying Horde players or not really happening aside from a kill here and there.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskur View Post
    There you go as the title says. Apart from the SS/Tarren Mill at the START of Vanilla, after 1.5 when BG came there was not really much going (unless you count ganking in STV as something - do you even remember the towers in EPL? None did those...), world PVP is pretty good at the moment. Have not seen it really that good for ages.

Doubt it. There were probably more people engaging in world PvP during WotLK then there are players playing BfA right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The towers in places like EPL, Zangarmarsh, Hellfire Penninsula and Terrokar Forest might not have been rewarding but i definitely remember PvPing over them here and there. I'd much rather have those in each zone than not, even now. FWIW, I'm happy with WPVP with warmode, but WoW WPvP definitely peaked in Classic.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2019-04-01 at 10:49 PM.

I'd personally say that it definitely isn't even near peak. Though I'd say it's better than in some expansions, it's definitely not good. Rarely, you might see an equal-ish fight between a group of horde and alliance players, but most of the time it's basically free kill with a large group of one side, overwhelming the other. Or your faction outnumbers the other and you'll have most of the people in the other faction with War Mode off. Honestly, most of the fair fights have been during assaults and even then they've usually quickly changed to one side suddenly overwhelming the other with pure numbers.

I definitely had better World PvP in Classic, TBC, WotLK and even Cataclysm (though this one is a bit skewed, as I quit shortly after the launch week, meaning that it was hyper concentrated around a time when a lot of people were out leveling and such). The amount of world PvP that happened in Hellfire Penninsula alone dwarfs what I've had of decent world pvp in BFA. Heck, I had more world PvP in vanilla, from just STV or even the Gurubashi Arena alone. So definitely not near peak world PvP.

the sharding alone makes it horrible not any where close to "peak" under any definition.

Only issue I have with it is on OCE realms Alliance is dominant but gets the increased bonus from being outnumbered on the NA servers, so alliance in OCE is double incentivised to have WM on and camp all the turtle quests

World PvP is better now than it was in TM/SS. I think STVietnam in vanilla was probably the best, but BfA is really good in its own way.

Today's world PVP is just PVP with a bunch of no name randoms that might as well be NPCs. It has no meaning to win or lose. Boring as hell. What made PvP so great in vanilla was server play. Getting to see the same regular players, or regular guilds, and then mixed in with new blood. That was as addicting as crack. BfA PvP is terrible.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post

They did a better job because they exposed you to almost zero pvp?