Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Social justice is a leftist thing that was co opted and hamstrung into comedy by liberals and corporations.
    At this point, whatever its origins are, its just Woke Libertarianism now. It's become a kind of religion substitute for people who can't live without it but hate to admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.

  2. #182
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    25,925
    Who's this youtuber? What are his credentials, and why do I care what he says?
    They ask me why I'm bringin' - A baby into battle - That's really irresponsible - And getting them rattled
    I say "give me a break - Get off of my back damn, it" - I didn't learn parenting - My daddy was a planet

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Who's this youtuber? What are his credentials, and why do I care what he says?
    What are Jimmy Dore, Seder and Kulinski credentials? Answer: I don't care. I like to watch (2 of them).

    Will you make the same argument if one posts Jordan Peterson? Because the guy has credentials.

    As stated on the first page:

    10% discussion on topic
    90% discussion about who Tim Pool is and if he's a Nazi (.......................), i.e. offtopic
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    What are Jimmy Dore, Seder and Kulinski credentials? Answer: I don't care. I like to watch (2 of them).

    Will you make the same argument if one posts Jordan Peterson? Because the guy has credentials.

    As stated on the first page:

    10% discussion on topic
    90% discussion about who Tim Pool is and if he's a Nazi (.......................), i.e. offtopic
    The entire on topic "discussion" is basically how a random blog on the internet represents something, it's an insane straw man argument.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    his drinking buddies include :
    Fake news, dude. He was there to interview them. He disavowed what they say both on videos and on Reddit numerous times. Next?
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Fake news, dude. He was there to interview them. He disavowed what they say both on videos and on Reddit numerous times. Next?
    lol that is why he tried to hide himself.

    What a bullshit excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    National Socialist* .

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    lol that is why he tried to hide himself.

    What a bullshit excuse.
    Excuse for what?!? He did NOTHING WRONG. It's how he makes money, talks to people, asks about how they think, makes videos. You want to tell me CNN reporters never interview the far right? You want me to dig up pictures of "guilt by association" journalism?

    I would hide too if I were him. Cause I would know that if I am saw with anyone outside of the "love&understanding" club, I'd be smeared endlessly. Natural reaction.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  8. #188
    After a rally in portland I was messaged by Baked Alaska to come to the bar where they were.

    I wanted to talk to them about their politics, I have done this for many people including Brazilian gangs, Soviet generals, and Egyptian revolutionaries.

    Following standard ethics I accepted no offers form them for food or drink, I discussed certain ideas and argued against their ideology. Keep in mind Im mixed and they are ethnonationalists (for the most part not everyone there was for a complete ethnostate, but it is fair to say many of them are racist)

    I paid for my food and left after about an hour. This is almost completely normal for journalists, in fact the Atlantic had groups embedded with them for extended periods. All in all I have been around those people in particular maybe twice.

    Youll notice Im not doing the sign because I disagree with their ideology but it would be prudent of me to meet with them after a rally to ask them follow up questions about their mission. Their mission was very much about more white babies, at least some of them.

    I disagree with identitarianism more than most people. My family was forced to flee various cities and states due to anti race mixing laws. When I was young white supremacists vandalized my home for having a brown mother.

    My personal politics are pretty much social liberal. I believe hate speech is wrong but also fear that banning hate speech results in activism getting shut down. I believe US foreign policy is nightmarish and I think Trump is an asshole who uses name calling and bullying to get his way.
    Stop being so desperately tribal. It's utterly disgusting. Escape your bubble.

    There's NOTHING to defend Tim here from. He did NOTHING wrong. Where he's wrong is:

    - hypocrisy
    - smearing the left 24/7

    That's it. This ain't Nazism or white supremacy. It's just being a money hungry human of questionable morals.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The fact that YOU are defending him pretty much explains what kind of person he is.
    No, it doesn't say anything, but feel free to explain how and why.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Fake news, dude. He was there to interview them. He disavowed what they say both on videos and on Reddit numerous times. Next?
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/...onic-nazi.html

    Sure the guy that tweets "ironic" jokes about the holocaust just happened to go to the tiki-torch "Jews will not replace us" rally. And he was one of the faces/names used to advertise the "Unite the Right" Nazi rally, IIRC.

    His tune only changed after someone maced him in the face and he cried like a bitch.

    Of course those that cater and pander to white supremacists are going to deny that they do so when asked by non-white supremacists, it's bad for business when you let the cat out of the bag.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/...onic-nazi.html

    Sure the guy that tweets "ironic" jokes about the holocaust just happened to go to the tiki-torch "Jews will not replace us" rally. And he was one of the faces/names used to advertise the "Unite the Right" Nazi rally, IIRC.

    His tune only changed after someone maced him in the face and he cried like a bitch.

    Of course those that cater and pander to white supremacists are going to deny that they do so when asked by non-white supremacists, it's bad for business when you let the cat out of the bag.
    What's this got to do with Tim Pool?!? He never (even ironically) makes racial jokes.

    You seem to be confusing him with Tim Gionet.
    Last edited by CryotriX; 2019-04-01 at 04:18 PM.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  11. #191
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,494
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Fake news, dude. He was there to interview them. He disavowed what they say both on videos and on Reddit numerous times. Next?
    repeatedly giving a platform to nazis is bad imo

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    repeatedly giving a platform to nazis is bad imo
    I agree. Who gave platform to which Nazis?
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Even though all I see are conservatives who need their 'safe space' ?
    Yeah, conservatives are even worse. But where exactly is the dichotomy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    At this point, whatever its origins are, its just Woke Libertarianism now. It's become a kind of religion substitute for people who can't live without it but hate to admit it.
    Word. All the while they're acting holier than thou for it, and having an all around punitive attitude to it. It's no coincidende they ask for bullshit things like fair representation or CEOs of minorities while the rest of them can get shafted, for all they really care.
    Last edited by Dsonsion; 2019-04-01 at 04:37 PM.

  14. #194
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,494
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I agree. Who gave platform to which Nazis?
    tim pool interviewed them nazis, you said it yourself

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well, he's more relevent then most posters here, you included, since he has subs and an active channel. Plus more interesting to listen to then the usual shitposting on these forum responses
    That's what makes people relevant to you?

    lol

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    tim pool interviewed them nazis, you said it yourself
    That was journalism, just like CNN, or Fox, or MSNBC. "giving a platform" means something else. It means using or sharing your platform/"megaphone" with people and allowing them to spread their ideas.

    Journalism:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-kampf/524505/

    "Spencer invited me to join a discussion group he was organizing, the Robert Taft Club. I was wary when he evaded my questions about the politics of his club."

    Is this giving a platform? Or shining a light upon evil?

    "When i asked spencer to meet me in January, before Trump’s inauguration, he showed better manners than his fans. (He denies that he advocates violence.) The front door of his apartment in Alexandria, just outside Washington, is not clearly marked, and even though he had given me the address, I wouldn’t have found it had a bespectacled young man not intercepted me outside, while I was rummaging around trash cans looking for a house number. “Can I help you?” he asked. He had brown hair and a geeky affect."

    Look.

    Yet again, I do NOT mind if one accurately smears Tim or anyone else.

    What I do mind is the paranoid "you're not with us, you're against us!" smears. I have a motive for this as well. I want words and definitions to remain as they were. I don't want language to evolve and change to suit a specific political perspective. I want it to remain unbiased.

    So if one's a Nazi, if they want to purge Jews, minorities, if they want ethnostates, they're EVIL, should be exposed.

    If one is a misguided (IMO) milquetoast centrist conservative that is not NONE of the above, they should never, ever be put in the same category as the actual Nazis.

    This is the same tactic of dehumanization that the Nazis themselves use. I am not OK with it at all. If a leftist would be smeared as Antifa or commie without reason, I would be deeply against that as well.

    Just stay accurate, don't deal in absolutes, and show some awareness. You know the deal. Only the Sith deal in absolutes or something.
    Last edited by CryotriX; 2019-04-01 at 06:20 PM.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  17. #197
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    57,758
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    That was journalism, just like CNN, or Fox, or MSNBC. "giving a platform" means something else. It means using or sharing your platform/"megaphone" with people and allowing them to spread their ideas.
    If your approach is to highlight how totally fucked up the interviewee is, and how reprehensible and shitheaded their views are, because they're a Nazi, that's "journalism".

    Giving them a chance to give "their side" with no pushback or derision is giving them a platform and giving them false credibility. It's acting to support those Nazis.

    Journalism:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-kampf/524505/

    "Spencer invited me to join a discussion group he was organizing, the Robert Taft Club. I was wary when he evaded my questions about the politics of his club."

    Is this giving a platform? Or shining a light upon evil?

    "When i asked spencer to meet me in January, before Trump’s inauguration, he showed better manners than his fans. (He denies that he advocates violence.) The front door of his apartment in Alexandria, just outside Washington, is not clearly marked, and even though he had given me the address, I wouldn’t have found it had a bespectacled young man not intercepted me outside, while I was rummaging around trash cans looking for a house number. “Can I help you?” he asked. He had brown hair and a geeky affect."
    " His revolutionary movement is unlikely to succeed. But it is, I fear, authentic and durable. The shame of its indecency is felt only by those who share the country with Spencer, not by the man himself."

    He's clearly not on Spencer's side. This is like those who write biographies of Hitler, but still condemn the man for perpetrating the Holocaust; writing about someone is not giving their ideas support.

    So if one's a Nazi, if they want to purge Jews, minorities, if they want ethnostates, they're EVIL, should be exposed.

    If one is a misguided (IMO) milquetoast centrist conservative that is not NONE of the above, they should never, ever be put in the same category as the actual Nazis.
    Today's USA is one where conservative rallies will chant "Jews will not replace us", where they rant about "Mexicans", where white nationalism is a core principle, etc.

    Claiming that modern American conservatives are mostly "none of the above" is just . . . generally incorrect. There's definitely a few; I wouldn't put Skroe in that basket. In terms of current US politicians, Mitt Romney doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. But a heck of a lot of the rest have at least some degree of this shade in their character.

    This is the same tactic of dehumanization that the Nazis themselves use.
    Pointing out that someone's views and positions and rhetoric carry Nazi overtones is not "dehumanization". It's pointing out their dehumanization of others.

    If you're just trying to argue that claiming that "all conservatives are Nazis" is wrong, sure. Some carry no similarities.

    But pointing to an individual person, and pointing out how their rhetoric, or the rhetoric of those they support and follow, aligns closely to Nazi rhetoric? Totally legitimate, and indeed, necessary.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But pointing to an individual person, and pointing out how their rhetoric, or the rhetoric of those they support and follow, aligns closely to Nazi rhetoric? Totally legitimate, and indeed, necessary.
    If and only if warranted. In this specific case, Tim Pool, not warranted at all. This is just being paranoid. I mean, even identitarian socjus lefties like Contrapoints acknowledge there's always DOUBT in these cases and that there's paranoia involved. MMOC politics on average? Even more paranoid than Contrapoints, and that's saying something about this bubble.

    Be paranoid about Nazis, but don't expect others like me to not point it out.

    Tim Pool is NOT a Nazi. PROVE IT if you claim it, and it has to be good proof, as this is a horrible, incredibly bad accusation, that can easily ruin lives. Proof, or silence. No. Silence is not good. Accurate criticism. Has to be accurate. That's really all there is to this, a simple matter of language and accuracy.

    It's not about "defending Tim Pool". Screw Tim.

    This is about something far, far more important.

    It's about preserving language and notions as they used to be just 10 years in the past.

    National Socialism (German: Nationalsozialismus), more commonly known as Nazism (/ˈnɑːtsiɪzəm, ˈnæt-/), is the ideology and practices associated with the Nazi Party – officially the National Socialist German Workers' Party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei or NSDAP) – in Nazi Germany, and of other far-right groups with similar aims.

    Nazism is a form of fascism and showed that ideology's disdain for liberal democracy and the parliamentary system, but also incorporated fervent antisemitism, scientific racism, and eugenics into its creed. Its extreme nationalism came from Pan-Germanism and the Völkisch movement prominent in the German nationalism of the time, and it was strongly influenced by the anti-Communist Freikorps paramilitary groups that emerged after Germany's defeat in World War I, from which came the party's "cult of violence" which was "at the heart of the movement."
    So let's see:

    - disdain for liberal democracy
    - antisemitism, scientific racism, eugenics
    - extreme nationalism
    - cult of violence

    Which one of these is Tim Pool pushing?

    Imagine how easy it would be to say:

    "Tim Pool is not Nazi. That picture is worrisome. His agenda is clearly conservative and anti-left in nature". He's not an ally for the left."

    That would be so uncontroversial and accepted. I wouldn't have to post 10 times. I wouldn't say anything cause I'd agree with it.

    So why does it HAVE to be "Nazi"?!? Not that I expect honest answers.
    Last edited by CryotriX; 2019-04-01 at 07:19 PM.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  19. #199
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,494
    journalism is when you signalboost nazis then, aye?

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Sparkie View Post
    <bunch of dumb crap over several posts>
    I mean, by all means take a moment to get the fuck over yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Brexit: it's the dumbest WWE plotline to ever escape into real-life that can't end soon enough because everyone hates how it started, how it's going and how its going to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •