View Poll Results: Would you like to see legendaries again?

Voters
362. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

191 52.76%
  • NO!

171 47.24%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I got the Emerald Dreamcatcher (Boomkin BiS)... near the end of Legion's last few months.
    Wasn't BiS at the end of Legion
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The people who got their BiS legendaries first are more likely to love the system, the unfortunate people who didn't don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I feel like BFA could have been a lot more fun with legendaries. The RNG aspect of it made replayability a lot more interesting in legion. I remember running emerald nightmare whenever I got free time just for a chance for that moment.

I understand that not getting your BIS legendary might feel bad. But MMO games aren't suppose to be all about equal luck. Some people might get lucky and some don't. And I think this is what really kept players interested in legion throughout its duration. I even found myself farming legendaries on my alts just to see how powerful they really are.

Would you like legendary system to be re-implemented? why or why not?

Edit: Seems I wasn't clear enough, I was specifically talking about legion legendaries.
    Just because BfA is bad as hell, it doesn't really prove that legendaries were a good system - it wasn't, at least the RNG shit. You know, Legion went in a wrong direction. But it was perceived as a good expansion because it gave playera something new and steady pacing. But after WoD, anything would be better.

Legion introduced Artifact Weapons progression style, and it will be cancer for another decade. Heart of Azeroth is it's outcome.

Legion also introduced WQs which could have been a good thing, but ultimately dimished the main daily activity to somewhat of a grind.

Legenedaries should feel unique, as a reward for doing something special - incentive to get better. And it was an incentive - for endless and mindless grind.

So honestly, I would accept anything at this point, but it has nothing to do with Legendaries being good

Legion didn't have legendaries.

Legion had glorified epics with orange text that dropped like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Just because BfA is bad as hell, it doesn't really prove that legendaries were a good system - it wasn't, at least the RNG shit. You know, Legion went in a wrong direction. But it was perceived as a good expansion because it gave playera something new and steady pacing. But after WoD, anything would be better.

Legion introduced Artifact Weapons progression style, and it will be cancer for another decade. Heart of Azeroth is it's outcome.

Legion also introduced WQs which could have been a good thing, but ultimately dimished the main daily activity to somewhat of a grind.

Legenedaries should feel unique, as a reward for doing something special - incentive to get better. And it was an incentive - for endless and mindless grind.

So honestly, I would accept anything at this point, but it has nothing to do with Legendaries being good
    I sincerely believe that 1 of the key successes of legion was legendaries and the RNG involved with them. People hated them, but they loved farming them which kept them playing throughout the expansion. I think RNG whether you love it or hate it is a must (assuming the right reward) to keep players invested & excited for when they get it.

The game doesn't need legendaries, all the legendary system of Legion showed is that people like unique gear. People want gear that's fun and interesting and gear that changes the way different builds play. I just do not understand why it is so hard for Blizzard to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I sincerely believe that 1 of the key successes of legion was legendaries and the RNG involved with them. People hated them, but they loved farming them which kept them playing throughout the expansion. I think RNG whether you love it or hate it is a must (assuming the right reward) to keep players invested & excited for when they get it.
    Okay, I have expressed myself poorly about the RNG. It is a neccessary aspect of MMO, an inevitable one. This is how the game is constructed.

But the thing is - it's hard to say whether Legendaries were the key of Legion's success, or not. Warlords of Draenor was the greatest content drought this game has ever seen.

Artifact Weapons for example gave people some way to develop their character, but it also opened a floodgate for the system that will be leeched off any possible way. And we didn't need to wait a long time - as I mentioned in my previous post - Heart of Azeroth is a great example.
    Now, it seems we get something new in 8.2. But is it new, to be honest? Ot is it just a re-skinned glyph system?

Blizzard dropped on innovations. They just re-use their systems all the time. It saddened me, when I watched the WoW's panel at Blizzcon 2018. It looked like the Blizzcon 2016, just a quick copy-paste with a little different content. I don't like the idea of steady patches content, since it killed Blizz devs creativity. They just want to deliver some content, and therefore they re-use their own ideas over and over.

Back to Legendaries. I played through entire Legion content and from this place it's easy to say that Legendaries were cool, once we have that shitty expansion going on. But back then, this was a truly terrible system. Just a moment before Legion was over, they decided to give players a tool to decide which Legendary they go for (Titan Essence).

The key to success is to give players a real, positive incentive to play. Not a synthetic one, that only prolongs peoples journey through a boring game. That's my view on that. Once there is something anyone can have, how in the universe is that unique? Prior to Legion's Legendary system, there were only few that you could have stride for - and I never had one. That was the thing that kept me going to get better. To have a guild, to work with them for this goal.

So once again, seeing what we have now - give the Legendaries back - but on the other hand, in long-term (which EVERYONE should always think of) - it's neither not a good solution, nor a system on which you can build a proper game.
    Last edited by lachlol; 2019-04-13 at 08:54 PM.