View Poll Results: Would you like to see legendaries again?

Voters
362. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

191 52.76%
  • NO!

171 47.24%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legion legendaries were fun, and brought depth and variation to your class. Since I'm not in Method or anything like that, I didn't feel pressure to grind for them, and even though I'm a casual with lots of alts, my main got most of the BiS ones just by doing normal content throughout the expansion anyway. The very unlucky few played a lot of hours and didn't even get close to getting good legendaries.
    Mother pus bucket!

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That's exactly the problem. It took them 1,5 years to fix the system. I don't want systems that require 75% of expansion's duration to be "fixed" and finally playable. Especially with alts or multiple specs. People seem to have short memory and only remember how it was at the end of Legion when you could get full collection of leggos fairly painlessly. They forget first half of the expansion it was completely awful, including amazing plot twists like "you got leggos for unholy but now it's nerfed and you have to play frost" or "you got emerald dreamcatcher but it's no longer bis, sorry!"

Or how sephuz had to be buffed 3 times over to actually become decent and not a complete meme.
    Well if they put it in again, then it'd be the 7.3.5 version or similar most likely.

A few folks have largely shown why the poll question is a bit too simple.

“Do you want legendaries again?”

1. Sure, but I like the random boss random drop version we got prior to Wrath.
    2. Sure, but I like the creation version where you build it over time from drops.
    3. Sure, but I like the Legion version where they drop randomly from anything.

That’s enough, I think folks will get the point. I think a lot of people would support some legendary systems, and not others. Personally… I’m actually cool with all of them, and would be pretty easy-going if they never appeared ever again. I like legendaries, but generally find a proper gearing system does a good enough job when it’s well designed.

Sadly, unlike Battle for Azeroth.

I agree with the OP fully. Legendaries were fun.

Legion legendaries were the glue that kept the reward system together. Nothing before in WoW has done this as effectively, not even Valor (because Valor necessarily had a cap after all).

The problem is, would it work as well if the Legendaries were targeted?

In my ideal rework of Legion, there would be an overarcing story from Magni or Odyn about gathering the scattered essence of the Titans that had escaped the Keepers and suffused Azeroth (which would have been a secondary goal of the Legion and would explain Antorus as a story). You'd be able to slowly accrue waking essence with a weekly cap or any activity that gave essence would also have a tiny chance to give you a larger essence. When you reached certain thresholds or got the larger one, you'd go to Magni and would get a choice of 1 out of 3 questlines, each of which would reward a legendary. So it would still be random but you'd have choice and there would also be a bit of a story (even if it was just going to Liadrin as a Paladin and her handing you a ring).
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Legendaries were just part of the grind in Legion as you were supposed to finally get the one you need. So they were just a BiS item.

I'd prefer a system where legendaries are extremely rare, maybe 1 drop per month per server. So you would have that 'I have won the lottery' feeling.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    I hated Legion legendaries without a sure way to get them. If they'd had the Essence from the start I'd be all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

WOD like questline that takes you on a tour through multiple dungeons, raids, maybe even some challenges - Yes
    RNG from a list that also has crap items - No no

Also, doesn't have to be legendary but can be some items for each class with some questline/challenges like Rhok'Delar.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I feel like BFA could have been a lot more fun with legendaries. The RNG aspect of it made replayability a lot more interesting in legion. I remember running emerald nightmare whenever I got free time just for a chance for that moment.

I understand that not getting your BIS legendary might feel bad. But MMO games aren't suppose to be all about equal luck. Some people might get lucky and some don't. And I think this is what really kept players interested in legion throughout its duration. I even found myself farming legendaries on my alts just to see how powerful they really are.

Would you like legendary system to be re-implemented? why or why not?
    I say no... make everything green or white... folks dont appreciate what they get they cry and howl about not getting their BiS on the first time around and they incessantly bemoan about others getting gear.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I got the Emerald Dreamcatcher (Boomkin BiS)... near the end of Legion's last few months.
    Except it wasn't BiS after ToV / Early NH, didn't miss out too much.

On my Rogue the last 2 legendaries i got were the shoulders and the bracers, and they were huge.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Legion legendaries were fun, and brought depth and variation to your class. Since I'm not in Method or anything like that, I didn't feel pressure to grind for them, and even though I'm a casual with lots of alts, my main got most of the BiS ones just by doing normal content throughout the expansion anyway. The very unlucky few played a lot of hours and didn't even get close to getting good legendaries.
    Agree to disagree?

Legionaries weren't fun (thats my opinion, im not saying its fact). They were just the lottery machine that decided if your spec was decent to not.

World first raiders weren't the only people who needed to farm legionaries for their spec to be viable. Im not even sure why you would imply that. Lol.

There were more than just a "few" who got stuck with shit legionaries for the majority of the xpac. There were also more than a few who got shit legionaries, then rolled a new toon of the same spec because it was more efficient to level from 1-110 than to hope for a decent legiondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Agree to disagree?

Legionaries weren't fun (thats my opinion, im not saying its fact). They were just the lottery machine that decided if your spec was decent to not.
    For same specs, maybe. I didn't NEED a certain legendary for my builds though. It was fun how one talent became more valuable than another based on a single item, though. Brought some variety in your game play, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    World first raiders weren't the only people who needed to farm legionaries for their spec to be viable. Im not even sure why you would imply that. Lol.

There were more than just a "few" who got stuck with shit legionaries for the majority of the xpac. There were also more than a few who got shit legionaries, then rolled a new toon of the same spec because it was more efficient to level from 1-110 than to hope for a decent legiondary.
    Just an exaggeration I used to make a point about me being a filthy casual. But I don't see how anyone would level a new toon just to get their hands on a certain legendary more quickly, and not be hardcore raiders, though. How can that be worth it? I think I would rather play a different spec or class instead of playing something so broken the only remedy was one specific legendary. Well, everyone has different priorities, I suppose.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I say no... make everything green or white... folks dont appreciate what they get they cry and howl about not getting their BiS on the first time around and they incessantly bemoan about others getting gear.
    Cry or not. it kept them playing waiting for that exciting moment.

Warchief
    I think the Legion system would've worked better if you could save up a currency and buy them, which they introduced in a later patch anyway, or the questline approach which is long but worth it in the end

Absolutely not.
    Random, untargettable, throughput increasing, BIS loot is quite possibly the worst thing they've ever implemented in the game.

It builds the culture of exclusion and it drives behaviors where people/groups end up burning themselves out. There's no upside to them.

Random drop legendaries just sounds silly. We have such incredible examples of really amazing ways to get legendaries: Atiesh, Shadowmourne, MOP cloak, WOD ring. MOP Cloak hands down my favorite as you were also rewarded early on with some nice upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The MoP model is exactly what's wrong with the game and the world today in general. You shouldn't get a massive prize just for showing up.
    Imagine playing the whole expansion, doing every step of the Legendary Cloak/Ring questline, just for some dude claim that it was a "massive prize" (lmao a cloak) for "showing up". Meanwhile Bob the Rogue got a Warglaive because he participated in Illidan's defeat, while Jessica the Other Rogue got a whole nothing for participating in the same way Bob did.

All models of legendaries ever introduced in WoW have it's problems, but the worse are the rare-drop like the Argus Trinket or the Warglaives. And then there's stuff like Dragonwrath that makes the guild elect the "chosen one" to complete the questline first, while the rest of the raid would have to wait for their turn to do that content. So awesome that we never got such Legendaries anymore because of the mixed reception.

Absolutely! Except they should double down with Ancient Legendaries... where they titanforge and crap.

Oh wait... that's Diablo 3 again.

Hell no. Legendaries have no business being in every single player's bank. The game needs to have gear become meaningful again.. .not further trivialize it by making rarity even less meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    And then there's stuff like Dragonwrath that makes the guild elect the "chosen one" to complete the questline first, while the rest of the raid would have to wait for their turn to do that content. So awesome that we never got such Legendaries anymore because of the mixed reception.
    And then after the entire guild worked for the chosen one to get their legendary, they leave to join a guild with more progression Seriously the Dragonwrath model was the worst. At least Shadowmourne and Fangs of the Father dropped in the last tier.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I got the Emerald Dreamcatcher (Boomkin BiS)... near the end of Legion's last few months.
    Similarly for me. I didn't get ED before it was nerfed.