View Poll Results: Would you like to see legendaries again?

Voters
362. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

191 52.76%
  • NO!

171 47.24%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Re-introducing Legendaries

I feel like BFA could have been a lot more fun with legendaries. The RNG aspect of it made replayability a lot more interesting in legion. I remember running emerald nightmare whenever I got free time just for a chance for that moment.

I understand that not getting your BIS legendary might feel bad. But MMO games aren't suppose to be all about equal luck. Some people might get lucky and some don't. And I think this is what really kept players interested in legion throughout its duration. I even found myself farming legendaries on my alts just to see how powerful they really are.

Would you like legendary system to be re-implemented? why or why not?

Edit: Seems I wasn't clear enough, I was specifically talking about legion legendaries.
    Last edited by Shnider; 2019-04-09 at 08:03 PM.

Only if they are targetable. Otherwise, they would be an almost endless source of frustration. Nothing like getting the "legendary" flash on your screen, only to loot prydaz instead of something good, like those fire mage bracers...
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Only if they are targetable. Otherwise, they would be an almost endless source of frustration. Nothing like getting the "legendary" flash on your screen, only to loot prydaz instead of something good, like those fire mage bracers...
    I got the Emerald Dreamcatcher (Boomkin BiS)... near the end of Legion's last few months.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

I would love to see some Legendaries again, Legion's version... can rot in Hell. My mage not being viable until Antorus sucked balls.

Legendaries the way they worked before MoP, for sure not the Legion ones.

Add item slots/glyphs that provide similar effects to legion legendaries? Sure, why not.

Yes, but with the waking essence immediately introduced or some variant. Would also like to see the weapon legendaries re introduced but for more than 1-4 classes. Always was sad my druid couldn't get that axe in icc

One of the best aspects of Legendaries was that they motivated to do old raids runs (in-expac). I did EN, NH and ToS runs every week even after Antorus release because there was a chance to get a new legendary.
    In BFA i dont give a shit about Uldir. There is nothing good in it, even for transmog runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I would love to see some Legendaries again, Legion's version... can rot in Hell. My mage not being viable until Antorus sucked balls.
    Agree with this, heck people have to roll with another character because after 2 legendaries, your chances for another one was literally zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Only if it's legendaries the way they worked in MoP, for sure not the Legion ones.

IMO they should've made Azerite Traits with more significant effects that change the gameplay more drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

man I wanted Prydaz the whole expansion and I never got it lol

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Only if it's legendaries the way they worked in MoP, for sure not the Legion ones.

IMO they should've made Azerite Traits with more significant effects that change the gameplay more drastically.
    This is the best option, the legendary in MoP was fun to farm and not very tedious to catch up or worry about rng
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I like flat drop chance legos like glaives and the big guild effort ones like Thunderfury. Every other version is either frustrating or takes the legendariness out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Add item slots/glyphs that provide similar effects to legion legendaries? Sure, why not.
    Yes, I'd like to have glyph system back that allowed you to enhance your class beyond the basics. Heck, they could expand talent panel and put much more stuff there even taking from old legendaries, set bonuses, glyphs, artifact traits and all these things we lost. It's sad how few additions to your class you get nowadays.

But if it's some strong ability or ability enhancer, it should NOT be hidden behind luck, rng or extreme grind. Imagine levelling a fire mage and due to "bad rng" you never unlocked pyroblast. That's how it felt with legion legendaries and going on for 6+ months without the ones that actually made the spec full.

I didn't mind MOP / WOD legendaries because they were basically a questline spanning across the expansion, something like Magni questline in BFA with unlocking extra ilvls on your neck but with more story. Having things universal instead of class / spec specific also prevented situations like in legion with legendaries, or azerite in bfa, where some class gets 20% power increase from the best setup, while another only gets 5%, widening the imbalance between specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    But MMO games aren't suppose to be all about equal luck.
    Why the hell not? MMOs are supposed to be about you invest time = you get rewarded. With an assumption the reward should be proportional to your effort. They should also focus on social element promoting playing with your friends, not creating artificial barriers like your friend being stuck with bad legendary so he becomes a liability in your dungeon or raid team despite no fault of his.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I like flat drop chance legos like glaives and the big guild effort ones like Thunderfury. Every other version is either frustrating or takes the legendariness out of it.
    im fairly sure you will see niehter of those in the future.

you will get MoP cloaks or WoD rings. and im pretty sure after the complaints about legos in Legion, we wont get any legendaries in BfA.

Legion for me was so fun for so many reasons, but a big reason is the fact I knew I could get a really cool item for doing ANYTHING - that is cool. That is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    One of the best aspects of Legendaries was that they motivated to do old raids runs (in-expac).
    Imo that was actually one of the worst. Having to rerun raids you already were sick of after raiding them normally for half a year? Not being able to join pugs with lesser ilvl alts because every pug is "fast leggo zerg" and requires current hc / mythic raid levels of gear even for old obsolete content or normal mode of current raid? Rerunning the same raid 3-4 times per week getting burn out feeling? No thx.

Now if there was something like legion's "balance of power", or Uldir transmog actually looked as good as legion sets instead of utter garbage, or had anything else of value like mounts, or hidden artifact appearances equivalent that emerald nightmare had, then maybe people would run Uldir. Or even if Uldir gear was good for catching up on alts and not invalidated with emissary gear...

There's so many reasons why you could run old raids that wouldn't be just whip on top of your head "run it or else your spec won't be viable in current content".

As it stands yes, because they'd give me something to aim for in this otherwise meaningless and meandering expansion.

Do you know how insane it is to say that? To be so bored with this game that I want my most hated feature in Legion to come back for BfA? But the expansion is so incredibly boring that I have zero motivation to play and at least legendaries would give me one motivation and be more interesting than azerite gear.

Legion legendary system should be left in the past where it belongs. Its not just that getting non optimal legendaries "felt bad", they had a sizeable effect on how your character performed. Honestly some classes flat out sucked without the right legendaries.

The issue with Legiondaries is that in some cases your class flowed significantly better with them. If you were unlucky, you were stuck playing a gimped version of your class for half the expansion.
    Then on top of that there's the DPS issue. If they're going to do legendaries they should be utility, not throughput. Throughput means it just feels bad to get the "bad" ones, particularly early on where there was a larger disparity in how good they were.

I'd prefer a legendary questline ala mop or wod.