View Poll Results: Would you like to see legendaries again?

Voters
362. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

191 52.76%
  • NO!

171 47.24%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Nobody forced you to do anything. You chose to do it. I had 9 max class characters and they all raided. I hated the legendary quest so I only did it twice. Noone forced me to do anything. I chose the content. I have no sympathy for anyone who decides to take a break. Why should be put on the same level as others who have been playing though out the expansion. This is why legendaries are ruined. Self entitled players that demand the same thing even though they have no intention of working for it. I am fine with legendaries never coming back. I am also fine any legendary system they decide to do. If I really want one, I will work towards it just like everything else in the game.
    Well, if you wanted to get some good pieces, you had to do Ordos, the bis cloak (and ring in wod) was behind 100500 quests. It was a mandatory for some people when they made raids/grps (showing true powa of dps cuz xuen might did awesome job, etc etc). Well, you are right that I wasnt forced to do so, but I wanted to be a part of some activities so I made a cloak. Did I like quests? No, it becomes boring. Just like all timegate stuff we have. Was it rewarding? Sure, after a long journey u got what u deserved and worked towards. There were ups and downs in that system

Same for me to be honest, as much as I loved legendary in Legion, or hated it when it was in mop or wod... I still would like to see what Blizzardo will give us in future
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    As a casual player Legiondaries were the greatest thing in the whole of Legion save the Mage Tower.

Not having certain ones made the Mage Tower way harder in certain cases, but if you kept at it, you'd get the one you needed eventually. I'm sure that sucked for the raid or die crowd, but it was fab for everyone else.
    Absolutely so! I loved having a good reason to keep doing things that otherwise didn't reward very well. And contrary to the constant hyperbole, as a very casual player I still had two toons with every legendary earned in reasonable time. By contrast, I find WQ's in BfA to be valueless as something to occupy my time.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

You know that didn't really happen right? Or rather it wasn't something that happened with any sort of frequency. I'm sure there are people that do all sorts of things, but we didn't do that as Mythic raiders. I saw lots of talk of us doing it, but we didn't. We didn't sit people because they didn't get the right legendaries, even Method didn't do that according to an interview with them after the first tier and they're a group that goes to great lengths for even small gains.

I love the hyperbole about legendaries. "I'm a super hardcore player and I didn't get X legendary until Antorus!" - Even as a casual as long as you did your content every week (Not world tours, not an excessive amount of content, whatever you did for end game) you'd have all your spec legendaries before Nighthold was over, let alone Tomb, let alone Antorus. If you didn't have all your class legendaries by Antorus you were doing something horribly wrong.
    Eh people has different experience, I still remember Midwinter I think and other guilds went casual because the start of the expansion was very expensive and hard to collect legendaries. I got 2 legendaries with my warlock in Nightmare but didn't see another one until near of 7.2 where the whole thing was fixed with the anti-luck mechanic which was implemented because the whole thing was causing a big backslash in the forums.

Also yes by Antorus every legendary was easy to get and so was the artifact experience because BFA was around 6-8 months away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The last thing this game needs is more rng.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

No to dps legos but I'd be down to introducing legendaries that only provided support ones that improve quality of life.

Go away! Unless we can buy them selectively, waiting a year and a half to get the want you want is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Only if it's legendaries the way they worked in MoP, for sure not the Legion ones.

IMO they should've made Azerite Traits with more significant effects that change the gameplay more drastically.
    MoP wasn't a good model in the least. Class legendaries were at least exciting regardless of what subjective narrative people wanted to give about the drama around them. Every guild I was in during the time of that style it went to the appropriate person. As a warlock, I never had a chance for one until Firelands and I showed up to raids and was fair in passing loot to those who needed an item if I had DKP. It felt good, even though I would have trusted their choice if it wasn't me, that I was going to be the first to get the staff in Firelands. Nobody questioned the decisions ever as they were always appropriate and we felt good for the person when they finished rather than this jealousy nonsense that people want to claim. I wouldn't doubt that there were cases that guilds gave them to people that were just popular or officers or the GM's wife, but those cases were few and far between.

The MoP model is exactly what's wrong with the game and the world today in general. You shouldn't get a massive prize just for showing up. People want to claim "Oh getting Warglaives was just RNG for killing one boss" except they neglect the work that went into killing Illidan when he was current content. However, the rogue legendary model during DS was probably one of the best as it included raiding as well as content that at the time was somewhat challenging that the player had to do alone.

The Legion model was just silly as it was pretty much just more talents locked behind both RNG that you get one and more RNG that you get the right one.

If they had the whole Wakening Essence shebang at the start, sure, why not. That way even if you have terrible RNG luck, you can still get your BiS after a solid amount of farming.

But RNG-based Legiondaries? Meh, no thanks!
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Personally I prefer expansion long legendary quest lines than RNG drop legiondaries. For two reasons: 1) Since they add a story with it and make it feel somewhat important and 2) MoP and WoD legendaries helped guilds with progression, whereas they tuned the raids around everyone having BIS legiondaries, which not always everyone had.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I feel like BFA could have been a lot more fun with legendaries. The RNG aspect of it made replayability a lot more interesting in legion. I remember running emerald nightmare whenever I got free time just for a chance for that moment.

I understand that not getting your BIS legendary might feel bad. But MMO games aren't suppose to be all about equal luck. Some people might get lucky and some don't. And I think this is what really kept players interested in legion throughout its duration. I even found myself farming legendaries on my alts just to see how powerful they really are.

Would you like legendary system to be re-implemented? why or why not?
    This is what made me quit at the beginning of Legion. I'm not saying Legendaries are without merit, but some of them had such a heavy impact on your dps that if you didn't have them it felt absolutely horrible. There were also some that were like barely useful even in a niche scenario. You'd either have to be able to target them or have them be very closely balanced which is basically impossible if you want to make all the legendaries interesting.

Please no! The moment when you get two worst legendaries at beginning of expanion :/ it made me leave legion early. I had sephuz and chest for feral and i was going to play feral it forced me to switch resto.

Legion legendary system was bad ans everyone know it. I wish they add pre legion legendary but class specific not the same for everyone like mop rings.

Also if they ever add this they rly need to make big catch up mechanics for alts so you dont need weeks to get it on fresh alt.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Eh people has different experience, I still remember Midwinter I think and other guilds went casual because the start of the expansion was very expensive and hard to collect legendaries. I got 2 legendaries with my warlock in Nightmare but didn't see another one until near of 7.2 where the whole thing was fixed with the anti-luck mechanic which was implemented because the whole thing was causing a big backslash in the forums.

Also yes by Antorus every legendary was easy to get and so was the artifact experience because BFA was around 6-8 months away.
    Then you must not have played very much because it was fixed well before 7.2 - Nighthold was before 7.2 and it was very possible and very likely to have all your spec specific legendaries if you just played a decent amount by the end of that tier. If you got 2 legendaries in EN and then not another one until 7.2 then you were barely playing. Even if you did nothing else but login once a week and run your raid difficulty of choice you'd have gotten more legendaries than that.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    by 7.3.5 they’d fixed the RNG issues with them.
    That's exactly the problem. It took them 1,5 years to fix the system. I don't want systems that require 75% of expansion's duration to be "fixed" and finally playable. Especially with alts or multiple specs. People seem to have short memory and only remember how it was at the end of Legion when you could get full collection of leggos fairly painlessly. They forget first half of the expansion it was completely awful, including amazing plot twists like "you got leggos for unholy but now it's nerfed and you have to play frost" or "you got emerald dreamcatcher but it's no longer bis, sorry!"

Or how sephuz had to be buffed 3 times over to actually become decent and not a complete meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I feel like BFA could have been a lot more fun with legendaries. The RNG aspect of it made replayability a lot more interesting in legion. I remember running emerald nightmare whenever I got free time just for a chance for that moment.

I understand that not getting your BIS legendary might feel bad. But MMO games aren't suppose to be all about equal luck. Some people might get lucky and some don't. And I think this is what really kept players interested in legion throughout its duration. I even found myself farming legendaries on my alts just to see how powerful they really are.

Would you like legendary system to be re-implemented? why or why not?
    No, absolutely not!
    The RNG nature of acquiring legendaries in Legion made that expansion into the worst expansion in WoWs history. It completely took away the fun of the game and made it into a lottery.

This idea is ridiculously bad.

Legendaries pre legion were a good idea though. I am all fine with thoes.

Hello no,

Not only did I get the ones I needed dead last AFTER they introduced new ones making it even longer, but that shit made it impossible to play alts and way too much grinding.

I honestly think though this was the main raison I did world quests and after I got exalted in BFA I didn't really have any.

IMO, the max ilvl titanforged version if items should be orange.. that is pretty much what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Well, if you wanted to get some good pieces, you had to do Ordos, the bis cloak (and ring in wod) was behind 100500 quests. It was an optional for all people because there was always groups that you could pug that didn't require legendaies. Well, you are right that I wasnt forced to do so, but I wanted to be a part of some activities so I made a cloak. Did I like quests? No, it becomes boring. Just like all timegate stuff we have. Was it rewarding? Sure, after a long journey u got what u deserved and worked towards. There were ups and downs in that system

Same for me to be honest, as much as I loved legendary in Legion, or hated it when it was in mop or wod... I still would like to see what Blizzardo will give us in future
    Fixed that for you. I PUGed 7 toons in Pandaria and I never had an issue getting to the boss or finding raids to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I think that they should take the idea of legendaries and reimplement it into the glyph system.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Only if they are targetable. Otherwise, they would be an almost endless source of frustration. Nothing like getting the "legendary" flash on your screen, only to loot prydaz instead of something good, like those fire mage bracers...
    Only if they are targetable AND they can be deterministically farmed. Something like 10 000 titan dust. But what's the point anyway. Just -1 item slot. Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Legendaries pre legion were a good idea though. I am all fine with thoes.
    ^ this perhaps. I don't even know about what to add here more.

In fact, in current (last) state, even without RNG, this is the same AA, but with only 1 ring. My attitude to this has never been different: it completely coincides with attitude to "PvP perks", classes' tiers (for the sake of justice, I'll note that I can at least explain purpose of last mentioned one) and other $hit, which tries to change class functionality from outside with no logic (limit it by "content walls"), because eventually everything ends with their unsuccessful attempts to curb their insatiable abnormal imagination and bring order in "wild storm" of consequences with most stupid and unsuccessful ways (for example, an attempt to balance classes taking into account these items, and sometimes even twist the whole class design (or rather "specs" now) around it).

So *point to quote above* "classic version" can still be tolerated, ain't fatal, but not the idiocy that they tried to implement in Legion. Since people talk more about last one, so "NO!" is my formal answer to this poll.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-01 at 06:21 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Legion (in particular) took the word ”Legend” out of Legendaries.
    Just like Pandaria (or was it Cata?) took the word “Rare” out of Rare Spawns.

*steps down from his soapbox*