Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
... LastLast
  1. #301
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Well what else is there to add when the game back then was pretty much perfect?
    apparently alot because they had a few patches after 2.2...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Here is the tricky trick, why you are playing D&D? Because the RPG sense and ofc the "playing with friends an adventure" that usually is spreaded over weeks, now what is missing from BFA rn?

    yes.
    None of that.
    rpg sense it has, no where near D&D but still is an RPG
    it still has TONS of playing with friends
    and is over many weeks...
    i dont see your point
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  2. #302
    High Overlord Sharby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    197
    Mm I feel like its the opposite, this xpac is super alt-friendly and super easy to gear in. No legendaries and account-wide heart levels and knowledge has removed a lot of the time gating.

    I'm working on my fourth alt and am two ilvls away from 400 ilvl with at least a 12 key done on four diff characters (main did a 17 this week p happy about that.) Granted M+ is my forte, if one was to not enjoy M+ I could def see how it feels dry, but I don't see how it would be different from any other xpac.

    And even aside from M+ and Raids you have rep WQ's, assaults, toys mog and etc as well as war campaign and professions and island farm. On top of that characters that have never done Legion have the entire class campaign and related quests to do too.


    Personally I feel like there's so much to do I won't be able to do it all before next patch.
    Honorary member of the Baine fanclub, the only member really.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    apparently alot because they had a few patches after 2.2...

    - - - Updated - - -



    None of that.
    rpg sense it has, no where near D&D but still is an RPG
    it still has TONS of playing with friends
    and is over many weeks...
    i dont see your point
    Well probably because not play D&D nor read the other bolded part.


    I mean you have no idea about what RPG is if you don't see any issue in BFA, but don't reply because usually you go off the rails posting random stuff.

  4. #304
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Well probably because not play D&D nor read the other bolded part.


    I mean you have no idea about what RPG is if you don't see any issue in BFA, but don't reply because usually you go off the rails posting random stuff.
    how am i going off rail when i am literally talking about what you are talking about.

    and yes an RPG is a role playing game, we play roles, we... play... and its a game.
    pokemon is an RPG but is there resistances, gear, talent points, and classes? no, because its a different game.

    wow is still an RPG even if you dont want to call it that.
    what in your eyes makes it "not a RPG"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  5. #305
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    apparently alot because they had a few patches after 2.2...

    - - - Updated - - -
    Yes they did but they added more quality of life stuff in the way of the LFD thing and more story. The taking away began in Mists but really gained traction in WoD and Legion. No wonder people say the game has so little to do in it nowadays.

  6. #306
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Yes they did but they added more quality of life stuff in the way of the LFD thing and more story. The taking away began in Mists but really gained traction in WoD and Legion. No wonder people say the game has so little to do in it nowadays.
    lfd was not in TBC...
    also what the fuck does that have to do at all with "they added voice chat as a major feature for a patch"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  7. #307
    Funny that you choose Pokemon as RPG comparison when you can't TF a catch and get a Blastoise just before Brock ( of you started with Charmander )

    But nbm

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I'm doing the same thing i've done since Vanilla. Farm herbs, run dungeons, and raid on my schedule. It has never changed, it has never wavered. Every single expansion, I have done the same exact thing.
    100% facts, this has always been the case

  9. #309
    Legendary! MasterHamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Posts
    6,009
    I just had to come to terms with that I am not the target demographic for "modern WoW".
    Play Classic on a private realm, if you want to enjoy WoW again.

    I finally did, after being skeptical for a long time (and not being too fond of the idea that the server can get shut down at any time by a cease-and-desist), and I am having a blast rerunning the oldest, jankiest parts of the game. Trying out Classic, even on a private realm, proved at least to me that no, I am not tired of the game itself or gaming in general, I am tired of the instant gratification design, simplification of classes and removal of all uniqueness, the homogenization of classes (and removal of unique elements, like feeding a pet as a hunter, or restocking reagents for poisons as a rogue) and the fact that everything is designed to be easy by default.

    It's actually amazing just how much less fun I have when I go onto BFA, until my sub ran out (again). I log in to Bore-All-O'-Us scanning for WQs that maybe grants something I benefit from, but feeling like nothing I set out to do actually matters. I don't care about gear because I don't raid or do high m+.
    It's sad to know that a lot of people reading that reacts as if I say I don't actually enjoy THE POINT OF THE GAME, but hey, a large portion of current players hasn't experienced anything else.
    For most of the game's lifetime I was more than content leveling characters (because leveling wasn't a joke), doing dungeons (because you could actually wipe if you didn't pay attention, and bosses did hurt), gathering rare gear and the occassional epic wherever I could find them, and maybe pug a raid now and then and I had more fun doing that than getting showered in gear for no effort whatsoever.

    I don't even care about AP because I have all rings unlocked already on my current gear. Hopefully 8.2 will remedy that a bit at least.
    Everything is designed to be easily clearable even as a newly dinged 120. I've done all dungeons but I can't even name a single dungeon boss' name, because the dungeons themselves are pretty much pointless. Zerg 3-4 of them and you'll never have to run a heroic again.
    I do not enjoy m+ where it's all about beating a timer, instead of actual strategy and improvement. 1 wipe = rage.

    BFA feels like it's been designed by an AI that tries to understand what people find fun in video games, and also trying to appease every single type of player there is.
    Oh players like running dungeons, so let's make sure they are clearable in 20 minutes. People enjoy raids, so let's make sure the barrier of entry is as low as possible. People enjoy "power progression" so let's give them something to farm (AP), but players don't like to die or fail, because that's tedious, so let's make sure even a poorly geared dps can solo most WQs. People enjoy getting powerful gear so let's throw it at them with weekly loot pinatas they can't fail at. You can only remove so much of the actual hardships and obstacles before people actually stop caring about the rewards. BFA has crossed that line by far.

    The game has slowly "evolved" to what is most likely most economical if you look at "modern gaming", ie easy to jump into, very upfront, and quick to sizzle out. Blizzard doesn't design the game around having people able to play daily for months without getting "done".
    Or, simply put:
    Classic: MMORPG
    BFA: ARPG
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-04-02 at 03:08 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The biggest challenge of WoW is designing for the many different audiences that play the game.
    Yeah, you're trying to satisfy players who doesn't even enjoy playing RPGs, and thus you're alienating those who do.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lfd was not in TBC...
    also what the fuck does that have to do at all with "they added voice chat as a major feature for a patch"
    LFD first UI was added in TBC

    Wrath upgraded it with the Role selection

  11. #311
    Titan Aggrophobic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg/Bangkok
    Posts
    11,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    Yeah thoes "hard" dungeons back then, eh?

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah thoes "hard" dungeons back then, eh?
    Hard Quest to get Keys for Dungeon = Hard Dungeon



    Potato?

  13. #313
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lfd was not in TBC...
    also what the fuck does that have to do at all with "they added voice chat as a major feature for a patch"
    I remember you now.. you're just here to argue and debase people. Living up to the reputation Moonguard has as a realm I see.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Yes exactly right. The in-game community from vanilla has been destroyed. That strips all the depth and meaning from the content. It all feels hollow now. PvP felt worlds better in vanilla because you'd see the same people and guilds (along with new people) which added a layer of social interaction in trying to improve against the same competition or get revenge etc. PvE felt worlds better in vanilla because you worried about your pecking order on your server. In-between pulls on raid night, you might get reports of how rival guilds on your server are faring. Maybe they wiped again and you standing is safe for the next hour. Or maybe they cleared 2 bosses and jumped ahead of you. Today raiding is fucking SOULESS because you get go in, kill, get loot, and nothing else. The race is gone.

    This is NOT the same content as vanilla. Its a hollow version of it.
    I cannot help but echo this sentiment. Sever identity is long gone, and, imo, that's where a lot of the enjoyment left the game for me. I've been on the same server since November of 2004, however, today it feels like I'm in some foreign land with unfamiliar faces. Quite sad really.

  15. #315
    Titan Aggrophobic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg/Bangkok
    Posts
    11,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Hard Quest to get Keys for Dungeon = Hard Dungeon



    Potato?
    Again, "hard".

  16. #316
    Pick a main character. Develop said character until you feel satisfied with it and feel stuck in its forward progress. Work on an alt until the next patch. Rinse and repeat. That has been WoW since 2004.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    OP confuses "nothing to do" with "nothing I want to do". Whines. News at 11.

  18. #318
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    LFD first UI was added in TBC

    Wrath upgraded it with the Role selection
    Oh that LFD?
    you do know they have had LFD since vanilla, it was the meeting stones, and they were just shit, same with TBC's as well no role selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  19. #319
    So can people legit say what there was to do at this point in a patch cycle in past expansions because quite honest its the usual buisness like every patch/expansion.

    If you play like 2-4 hours daily you will have exhausted the available solo content in this patchs lifecycle and its again raid/pvp or die just like every patch/expansion there was or are people just forgetting their thousands of rounds in a Mammuth Parade in Dalaran during Wotlk because they were bored.

  20. #320
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I remember you now.. you're just here to argue and debase people. Living up to the reputation Moonguard has as a realm I see.
    Mhm... Whatever you want to come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •