Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I for one have a lot of fun just having an actual real life and a job and having WoW has my relaxing time. Pushing high keys, doing alt runs with my social casual mythic guild ( barely 4/8M atm ). Doing BGs together, all sorts of stuff. It's fun and reward to play with people you enjoy playing in voice chat and just laugh and have a good time. All posts like these to me stem from people who are like 30+yo and work part time and want an excuse to play WoW 14hours a day but cant find it cause they dont enjoy the game anymore. Great, quit then and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    Game is focused on collecting pets, toys, mounts and transmog for casuals these days.

Rip
    Cry me a river.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just came back to the game since leaving after Cata, after playing for years I found myself in the same boat as all the people on these forums moaning about having nothing to do or the game dying. Sorry to say but to those people, you just need to find some new games or something. There's tons of stuff to do in game, its not dying...you're just bored, which is natural after dumping hundreds of hours into one game.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The only reason people will die is because they are way to used to retail. It was never hard as long as you knew what you were doing. Tedious, yes. Hard, no.
    Than you clearly never played vannila. I was playing in private realm and i fied like 5 times in starting zone even when i was carefull with mobs. And this comes from someone who hardcore raided till mop.

Also your reasoning doesnt make sense. "it wasnt hard as long as you knew what you were doing"? Isnt it like with everything the game and life? I can also say mythic raiding isnt hard as long as people know what they are supostu do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HazySwayze View Post
    Just came back to the game since leaving after Cata, after playing for years I found myself in the same boat as all the people on these forums moaning about having nothing to do or the game dying. Sorry to say but to those people, you just need to find some new games or something. There's tons of stuff to do in game, its not dying...you're just bored, which is natural after dumping hundreds of hours into one game.
    Thing is there is difference between repetition and progression. 99% of game can be finished in 1 week. Than all you do is increasing difficulty and doing exact same content all over again. And this is where people stop playing. New difficulty isnt new content and people are not willing to put time into something what they have alredy killed in lfr for example. Back in vannila when you cleared raid you didnt increase difficulty you start progressing in whole new raid with new bosses. Concept of difficulty levels do not belong into mmorpg game.

You only live twice Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You mean the game that's slower than BFA in rotation (complaint about BFA A from the community.)
    Is nothing but a long ass grind (Complaint B from the community about BFA)
    Really has nothing to do outside of raids and Dungeons (Complaint C from BFA community)
    Balance is an absolute mess (Complaint D from BFA community)

It's almost as if when you take pety emotions out of it wow complaints have been the same since day 1
    1) Really your gona compare rotation speed to classic lol
    2) A grind that matters, that makes you say i finally finished it unlike bfa where it moves the goalpost and makes everything you did before irrelevant.
    3) You make your own content with the people around you aka the community. Something that current wow lacks thanks to sharding, lfr and lfd
    4) In classic each class is imbalanced in its own way so its fun. In bfa classes are so over homogenized that the only imbalance is from damage numbers and that is boring, because of that there are no "i actually did that" moments.
    Last edited by Pancreatin; 2019-04-02 at 11:23 PM.

It depends on what you enjoy i guess, but your 4th point is so mindnumbingly wrong. most classes have "i did that" feeling. you're making it sound like every class has mass pull, seals, hp buffs, speed buffs, blinking to save the day and soak and any number of other things class specific.
    You just sound like an ignorant person.
    And the 3rd, nobody gives point examples, everyone just throws that shit in the air expecting it to stink and be some sort of valid point that has no meaning for me at least. I'd like examples, at least 5 to understand. cons and pros comparing the current state if possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Threads like this showcase the exact reason why Classic Wow will be a huge hit.
    Perhaps. I would bet that lots of people are going to dislike Classic for their own reasons. They will make threads about it, lots of them.

It's the nature of things. It's why forums exist.

I personally have things to do in BFA. I don't play a lot (and there are plenty of others like me). It's not surprising that there are those who only play pieces of the game--it is a theme park MMO after all, you don't need to ride everything but more power to those who do--are going to run out of things to do.

So take a break. Play something else. Come back when you seem something good for you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You can save the topic a lot of bad posts by phrasing it better and saying there is nothing "engaging" or "enjoyable" to do or the idiots will nitpick since there is "technically" stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You can save the topic a lot of bad posts by phrasing it better and saying there is nothing "engaging" or "enjoyable" to do or the idiots will nitpick since there is "technically" stuff to do.
    Misleading posts frequently present as fact words that indicate opinion. Perhaps I'm nitpicking and you might even think I'm an idiot but what is "engaging" or "enjoyable" for some may be torture for others and vice versa. I know a few folk who think Island Expeditions are great. I don't understand that opinion personally since I'm not crazy about them but I'm not going to tell them they're wrong to enjoy something I don't care about. I don't think they're idiots either.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Misleading posts frequently present as fact words that indicate opinion. Perhaps I'm nitpicking and you might even think I'm an idiot but what is "engaging" or "enjoyable" for some may be torture for others and vice versa. I know a few folk who think Island Expeditions are great. I don't understand that opinion personally since I'm not crazy about them but I'm not going to tell them they're wrong to enjoy something I don't care about. I don't think they're idiots either.
    I think you misinterpreted me. The OP means to say, from my understanding, there is nothing "engaging" or fun to do in the the game, but worded in a way that says there is literally nothing to do. By wording it like that many people make posts like "did u complete mythic w/e" or "do you have every mount". Most people know what he means, but by adding that he means to say "engaging" things to do, people that like to be technical for whatever reason avoid making posts, which is generally half of the threads like this.

5+ Year Old Account
    again, just play something else? no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to sub month after month. also, back in vanilla there wasnt a great deal of "clearing raids" by most people, seeing that lfr wasnt a thing. most people consider clearing something in lfr seeing that content when in reality its not, and if thats your particular issue, playing any game on "easy mode" more or less will get boring quickly.

There is actually plenty to do, you just don't want to do most of it because it doesn't appeal to you.

That's fine, but don't act like there's nothing at all to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I'm doing the same thing i've done since Vanilla. Farm herbs, run dungeons, and raid on my schedule. It has never changed, it has never wavered. Every single expansion, I have done the same exact thing.
    This sounds like a sad life.

I'm doing the same thing i've done since Vanilla. Farm herbs, run dungeons, and raid on my schedule. It has never changed, it has never wavered. Every single expansion, I have done the same exact thing.
    Winner, winner.

The only thing that has changed are the people playing it. Chasing nostalgia and the ignorance of their youth from when they didn't know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Backpedaling from a potato answer? Yikes.

Define "hard" so because OP can tell us that getting the Drakefire Amulet was harder than the Seal of Ascension so..
    Not even sure what that means. Vanilla was a joke when it came to difficulty and there is no way around that. Unless you define hard as taking a long time but thats a tad silly, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    Game is focused on collecting pets, toys, mounts and transmog for casuals these days.

Rip
    Forgetting that WoW became the success it is BECAUSE it was more casual than the other MMOs of its day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    1) Really your gona compare rotation speed to classic lol
    2) A grind that matters, that makes you say i finally finished it unlike bfa where it moves the goalpost and makes everything you did before irrelevant.
    3) You make your own content with the people around you aka the community. Something that current wow lacks thanks to sharding, lfr and lfd
    4) In classic each class is imbalanced in its own way so its fun. In bfa classes are so over homogenized that the only imbalance is from damage numbers and that is boring, because of that there are no "i actually did that" moments.
    3 the only thing that killed the community is the players. If you can't make the effort YOU are 100% the problem. Not some qol addition that allows shift workers to have a chance at playing the game.

Oh I forgot only those who no life or can be on a set time without fail are worthy enough to play mmos. Because reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. At the core of it where it matters this game over the 15 years has changed less that your ea sports game changes year on year.

Have you gotten all the Island mounts and pets that drop with a 0.00000000000000000000001% chance? No? How can you say there's nothing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Well, the best solution for this is to play less then. Do you really have to play hours every day? There are other games out there.
    I'm a one person game... other games bore me to death rather quickly.

Sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like burnout from playing too much .

dont blame game for your addiction .

play 7-8 hours a week and you will have abundance of stuff to do.

no game ever will offer endless content.
    Not what I said, I'm saying it used to be possible and it's not anymore because of the abundance of loot all around.

That is just artificial time gating I know, but that's why it does feel like you're running out of things to do.

Now do I play too much, probably, but I was just using this to make a point that the "lack of content" is an illusion because there is probably more things to do now than ever in WOW.