Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    It depends on what you enjoy i guess, but your 4th point is so mindnumbingly wrong. most classes have "i did that" feeling. you're making it sound like every class has mass pull, seals, hp buffs, speed buffs, blinking to save the day and soak and any number of other things class specific.
    You just sound like an ignorant person.
    And the 3rd, nobody gives point examples, everyone just throws that shit in the air expecting it to stink and be some sort of valid point that has no meaning for me at least. I'd like examples, at least 5 to understand. cons and pros comparing the current state if possible.

  2. #442
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,649
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Threads like this showcase the exact reason why Classic Wow will be a huge hit.
    Perhaps. I would bet that lots of people are going to dislike Classic for their own reasons. They will make threads about it, lots of them.

    It's the nature of things. It's why forums exist.

    I personally have things to do in BFA. I don't play a lot (and there are plenty of others like me). It's not surprising that there are those who only play pieces of the game--it is a theme park MMO after all, you don't need to ride everything but more power to those who do--are going to run out of things to do.

    So take a break. Play something else. Come back when you seem something good for you.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  3. #443
    You can save the topic a lot of bad posts by phrasing it better and saying there is nothing "engaging" or "enjoyable" to do or the idiots will nitpick since there is "technically" stuff to do.

  4. #444
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You can save the topic a lot of bad posts by phrasing it better and saying there is nothing "engaging" or "enjoyable" to do or the idiots will nitpick since there is "technically" stuff to do.
    Misleading posts frequently present as fact words that indicate opinion. Perhaps I'm nitpicking and you might even think I'm an idiot but what is "engaging" or "enjoyable" for some may be torture for others and vice versa. I know a few folk who think Island Expeditions are great. I don't understand that opinion personally since I'm not crazy about them but I'm not going to tell them they're wrong to enjoy something I don't care about. I don't think they're idiots either.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Misleading posts frequently present as fact words that indicate opinion. Perhaps I'm nitpicking and you might even think I'm an idiot but what is "engaging" or "enjoyable" for some may be torture for others and vice versa. I know a few folk who think Island Expeditions are great. I don't understand that opinion personally since I'm not crazy about them but I'm not going to tell them they're wrong to enjoy something I don't care about. I don't think they're idiots either.
    I think you misinterpreted me. The OP means to say, from my understanding, there is nothing "engaging" or fun to do in the the game, but worded in a way that says there is literally nothing to do. By wording it like that many people make posts like "did u complete mythic w/e" or "do you have every mount". Most people know what he means, but by adding that he means to say "engaging" things to do, people that like to be technical for whatever reason avoid making posts, which is generally half of the threads like this.

  6. #446
    again, just play something else? no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to sub month after month. also, back in vanilla there wasnt a great deal of "clearing raids" by most people, seeing that lfr wasnt a thing. most people consider clearing something in lfr seeing that content when in reality its not, and if thats your particular issue, playing any game on "easy mode" more or less will get boring quickly.

  7. #447
    There is actually plenty to do, you just don't want to do most of it because it doesn't appeal to you.

    That's fine, but don't act like there's nothing at all to do.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I'm doing the same thing i've done since Vanilla. Farm herbs, run dungeons, and raid on my schedule. It has never changed, it has never wavered. Every single expansion, I have done the same exact thing.
    This sounds like a sad life.

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I'm doing the same thing i've done since Vanilla. Farm herbs, run dungeons, and raid on my schedule. It has never changed, it has never wavered. Every single expansion, I have done the same exact thing.
    Winner, winner.


    The only thing that has changed are the people playing it. Chasing nostalgia and the ignorance of their youth from when they didn't know better.

  10. #450
    Titan Aggrophobic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg/Bangkok
    Posts
    11,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Backpedaling from a potato answer? Yikes.


    Define "hard" so because OP can tell us that getting the Drakefire Amulet was harder than the Seal of Ascension so..
    Not even sure what that means. Vanilla was a joke when it came to difficulty and there is no way around that. Unless you define hard as taking a long time but thats a tad silly, is it not?

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    Game is focused on collecting pets, toys, mounts and transmog for casuals these days.

    Rip
    Forgetting that WoW became the success it is BECAUSE it was more casual than the other MMOs of its day.

  12. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    1) Really your gona compare rotation speed to classic lol
    2) A grind that matters, that makes you say i finally finished it unlike bfa where it moves the goalpost and makes everything you did before irrelevant.
    3) You make your own content with the people around you aka the community. Something that current wow lacks thanks to sharding, lfr and lfd
    4) In classic each class is imbalanced in its own way so its fun. In bfa classes are so over homogenized that the only imbalance is from damage numbers and that is boring, because of that there are no "i actually did that" moments.
    3 the only thing that killed the community is the players. If you can't make the effort YOU are 100% the problem. Not some qol addition that allows shift workers to have a chance at playing the game.

    Oh I forgot only those who no life or can be on a set time without fail are worthy enough to play mmos. Because reasons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I'm doing the same thing i've done since Vanilla. Farm herbs, run dungeons, and raid on my schedule. It has never changed, it has never wavered. Every single expansion, I have done the same exact thing.
    Exactly. At the core of it where it matters this game over the 15 years has changed less that your ea sports game changes year on year.

  13. #453
    Have you gotten all the Island mounts and pets that drop with a 0.00000000000000000000001% chance? No? How can you say there's nothing to do!

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Well, the best solution for this is to play less then. Do you really have to play hours every day? There are other games out there.
    I'm a one person game... other games bore me to death rather quickly.

    Sadly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like burnout from playing too much .

    dont blame game for your addiction .

    play 7-8 hours a week and you will have abundance of stuff to do.

    no game ever will offer endless content.
    Not what I said, I'm saying it used to be possible and it's not anymore because of the abundance of loot all around.

    That is just artificial time gating I know, but that's why it does feel like you're running out of things to do.

    Now do I play too much, probably, but I was just using this to make a point that the "lack of content" is an illusion because there is probably more things to do now than ever in WOW.

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I pretty much agree with you OP. The entire theme of this expansion fell flatter than flat.

    I feel like a ton of people were extremely apprehensive about the idea of an expansion based around faction war, hell, I could've told you it'd be bad before it even came out. Whatever the opposing faction is isn't a compelling enemy because nobody actually believes that anything that happens in this expansion will have a lasting consequence. Our "victories" are hollow and half-hearted, and the expansion as a whole suffers badly from a tonal dissonance with about 70-90% of the story being a buildup with virtually no payoff.

    I don't really agree that there has to be some huge stakes in order to make the story feel good, but BfA fails in that they give you no real reason to care about these people, their problems or their story. I feel similarly about the Kul Tirans as I do about Ramkahen; sure, it's a neat city and the people are pretty interesting or flavorful, but I have no real reason to care about their fate other than some abstract shit about needing ships. It's a boring reason and a boring motivation to introduce a new continent and as a result I'm fucking bored.
    To a lesser extent the feeling also extends to Zandalari, although they're definitely more involved and interesting than Kul Tiras could ever hope to be.

    As much as it almost feels dirty to say so, I have to say that WoD's Shadowmoon and Frostfire did the split-faction story so much better than BfA ever could hope to. We had legitimate reason for wanting to recruit these people considering lorewise we were literally stranded in an alien universe that was like our own but completely hostile to us. The leveling experience in a short amount of time gave us not only a reason to want to help these people with what at the time seemed like inconsequential tasks but there was a sense of importance to our mission considering the inevitable regrouping of the Iron Horde and likely reconstruction of the Dark Portal to resume their attack on Azeroth.

    Hell, MoP as well. We land in Jade Forest - again, a split storyline for each faction, where we're split up and there's an emphasis on faction conflict but said desire for conflict ended up biting both factions in the ass. MoP's story was very broad and meandering but it felt extremely purposeful considering your mission suddenly went from "Destroy the opposing faction" to "Learn about these people, learn about this continent and try to understand more about the secrets it has buried under the surface." It felt like the idea was that after the events of the Jade Forest your character decided to heed Yu'lon's advice and begin your own personal journey.

    What I'm getting at is that there was a lot of compelling, if not particularly deep, reasons to personally care right off the bat in the two other expansions in recent times that had some sort of lean on the faction war story. Putting all that aside and just telling us "be friends with these people, do what you have to do to earn their trust" is like the story equivalent of a fucking rep grind.
    Thank you for this awesome thoughtful reply, it really made me feel a lot better being able to relate to others. I made my thread because I couldn't seem to find anyone who is feeling the same as me. I get that people have been complaining here at mmoc but Google didn't show me any of it and nor did the forum search. It's the shortcomings in the narrative that have been making me sad and you hit the nail on the head. I think I mainly need to look forward to playing horde side. I've a new nightborne monk to play with at some point.

    I appreciate all the other comments to my post from everyone but somebody merged my thread with another huge one and I'm getting confused trying to sort through the replies and figuring out which ones were replies to my thread. I really wish they hadn't done that as I can no longer read and thank and reply to you individually, so thanks all, I am outta here for now.
    Last edited by Triadne; 2019-04-03 at 06:33 AM.

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You can save the topic a lot of bad posts by phrasing it better and saying there is nothing "engaging" or "enjoyable" to do or the idiots will nitpick since there is "technically" stuff to do.
    but there is .

    your problem is that its not engaging for you .

    i played for 4 hours last night - 2 hours it was doing tides of vengence campaign because i finaly get my zandalari rep to exalted . it was engaging because story told was interesting .

    then i leveled my priest a bit - relearning how to heal on it - it was engaging 2 hours.

    then i did 1 arathi wf on main because farming those 750 badges takes time (and its 15 badges this way ) - was a lot of fun at the end when i did over 200k dps while pulling all packs and boss at the end of instance and got couple of whispers "wtf dude" :0

    if you dont like game - take a break - enjoy something else.

    but a lot of people still find it enjoyable

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Weallscream View Post
    This sounds like a sad life.
    i wonder . what i found over years is that monotony relaxes people . they know what to expect and it gives them escape from stressful life.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HazySwayze View Post
    again, just play something else? no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to sub month after month. also, back in vanilla there wasnt a great deal of "clearing raids" by most people, seeing that lfr wasnt a thing. most people consider clearing something in lfr seeing that content when in reality its not, and if thats your particular issue, playing any game on "easy mode" more or less will get boring quickly.
    i really doubt that people who make those whining threads about no content are the target audience of lfr -_-

  17. #457
    Actually, after all the support I received in reply to my feeling that there was no motivation in the story, I sat and I looked at my character and thought for a bit about how she is feeling. It became clear. After sargeras plunged a sword into azeroth, I returned on my journey home to find it in flames. My beloved teldrassil was ablaze, and who do I have to blame but that damn banshee queen! So of course we attacked undercity but alas we did not have the strength to win out. Sylvanas escaped. Now we have no other option but to strengthen our numbers. I realise now that my mission is very important. I must win over this immense power of kul tiras army and naval force to gain overwhelming strength to destroy the banshee queen and at the same time sabotage the horde's plans. Its all clear now. Now I feel like what I am doing is worthwhile.
    Last edited by Triadne; 2019-04-03 at 07:21 AM.

  18. #458
    People, for some odd reason, believe that it was Blizzard who killed the game. I don't believe the game is dead or bad in any way, but I will say, like Google Chrome, the community is what tailored the game's outcome. As a society we want instant gratification; thus, welcome to how the world of Azeroth has adapted to that model.

    There is still content that won't ever be done by players outside of the dedicated few. There are 5,320 people in the world that have completed the Battle for Dazar'alor on Mythic difficulty. You're talking about a tenth of a percent of the playerbase at best. There are plenty of goals to set for yourself. Now, if you feel there isn't any worthwhile content in WoW for you these days, then perhaps the game has ran its course and you should move on?

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    did you already kill mythic Jaina or got gladiator ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    3k rio done? M Jaina killed? Got Glad?
    These "arguments" were retarded already in WotLK, they didn't somehow became more intelligent since.

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not even sure what that means. Vanilla was a joke when it came to difficulty and there is no way around that. Unless you define hard as taking a long time but thats a tad silly, is it not?
    That why i asked the definition of "hard" in wow for you because even BFA is pretty much a joke.


    Refrain to asking M Jaina because it is like asking to you if you did Kelthuzad in Vanilla.
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-03 at 07:51 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •