Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    A personal problem? maybe, either way saying that it's strictly a personal problem is actually a pretty stupid assumption to make.

At it's present state people are more fed up with WoW then ever before. and there alot of reasons for this :

- Accessibility overload.
    - Meaningless achievements
    - Gear accessibility overload ( like 1st but just to specify)
    - Leveling making you weaker instead of stronger.
    - RNG overload.
    - Reliance on more RNG with personal loot as opposed to master loot.
    - Warforging Titanforging single handedly destroying character progression.

While Vanilla wasnt perfect. it had long term progression which felt rewarding. it meant something, which includes inaccessibility on content and gear. Yes, inflation is a big problem. this isn't new, look at the dollar, euro and any currency in history. inflation means less value. this isn't subjective but objective at that point.

People come and go in any game. so just saying casuals would just leave is a stupid argument to make. i knew 50 people in that time and 2 of them quit because it required alot of time and they didn't have that kind of time. now that is my subjective experience. either way you made that same claim with your argument.

instant portals, gear splashing in your face like water, gear that means nothing because there is always better. this is borderline dumb. for the simple reason people want to complete things. and you tell me thats a personal problem? yeah sure. but alot of people are feeling this problem and are leaving in their millions. So how is this not a game problem at that point?
    You're assuming that millions of people are leaving (over the last 10 years mind you) because of the things that you personally don't like about the game. WF/TF didn't "Destroy" or even "hurt" gear progression. Have you even played WoW since they added TF? You're regurgitating some of the same fears that people had before they understood how extremely unlikely it was for something to get a high TF proc.

Your complaints can basically be boiled down to accessibility which was the entire point of WoW from the start, to be more accessible than it's predecessors. And RNG, which yes there is a lot of, but the problems with it are vastly overstated for attention. Since they made raiding accessible to the casual through LFR the quality of raids for those of us that actually raid at the highest level has increased dramatically, so I'm thankful they did that. And Mythic+ is amazing. I love that the casual has access to a lot of things in WoW because if they keep playing the game keeps getting updated for the rest of us. Casuals carry this game and likely every other multiplayer game that you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    I have 2 420 char, 1 is my main and raiding 7/8 myth and the other is the "when raids are off" one, i literally got geared from WF and TF doing at the best a +9 and getting WQ lucky procs

I am quite sure that I am not an isolated case.
    No you don't. If you're going to lie on the internet you should at least do a little research first. There are 56 people with an ilevel of 420 or higher. Just FYI.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    There's stuff to do. It's just not fun.
    This man knows the real stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Just give me Classic already and its not fucked up with Blizz shop nonsense or changes.
    You mean the game that's slower than BFA in rotation (complaint about BFA A from the community.)
    Is nothing but a long ass grind (Complaint B from the community about BFA)
    Really has nothing to do outside of raids and Dungeons (Complaint C from BFA community)
    Balance is an absolute mess (Complaint D from BFA community)

It's almost as if when you take pety emotions out of it wow complaints have been the same since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    Yes exactly right. The in-game community from vanilla has been destroyed. That strips all the depth and meaning from the content. It all feels hollow now. PvP felt worlds better in vanilla because you'd see the same people and guilds (along with new people) which added a layer of social interaction in trying to improve against the same competition or get revenge etc. PvE felt worlds better in vanilla because you worried about your pecking order on your server. In-between pulls on raid night, you might get reports of how rival guilds on your server are faring. Maybe they wiped again and you standing is safe for the next hour. Or maybe they cleared 2 bosses and jumped ahead of you. Today raiding is fucking SOULESS because you get go in, kill, get loot, and nothing else. The race is gone.

This is NOT the same content as vanilla. Its a hollow version of it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yes.

if they are bored they should just quit
    if they dont have any goals in game they should quit.
    its their problem that they are addicted to the point that they are doing stuff that is not fun to them.
    They should do all those things and be free to express their feelings on the current state of the game. What's it to you what others do with their free time? If complaining on mmo-champ is more fun than playing the game, there's a problem with the game. If no one ever complained, nothing would ever change. We'd have literally every single white knight on these forums blaming 100% that the reason for WoW hemorrhaging subs is solely down to the fact it's an "old game" or "there's no market for mmorpgs anymore", rather than accepting that there's "nothing to do" in the eyes of the OP and many like him.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    also lol at "invested countless hours" - pretty weak investment as it never gave them anything irl . besides wasted time,
    Fun? Memories? Computer skills? English/Language skills? Friends? People now have full time jobs playing and streaming the game, even those who think it's shit now still play it to make money off of it. People have went from playing arena to commentating at Blizzcon. One of the devs met his wife in-game while playing. Just because you waste your time playing BFA, and my time with your retarded comments, doesn't mean that WoW "never gave (anyone) anything irl" or "wasted (their) time"

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're assuming that millions of people are leaving (over the last 10 years mind you) because of the things that you personally don't like about the game. WF/TF didn't "Destroy" or even "hurt" gear progression. Have you even played WoW since they added TF? You're regurgitating some of the same fears that people had before they understood how extremely unlikely it was for something to get a high TF proc.

Your complaints can basically be boiled down to accessibility which was the entire point of WoW from the start, to be more accessible than it's predecessors. And RNG, which yes there is a lot of, but the problems with it are vastly overstated for attention. Since they made raiding accessible to the casual through LFR the quality of raids for those of us that actually raid at the highest level has increased dramatically, so I'm thankful they did that. And Mythic+ is amazing. I love that the casual has access to a lot of things in WoW because if they keep playing the game keeps getting updated for the rest of us. Casuals carry this game and likely every other multiplayer game that you enjoy.

No you don't. If you're going to lie on the internet you should at least do a little research first. There are 56 people with an ilevel of 420 or higher. Just FYI.
    Bunch of personal assumption, again.
    You have no proof that WF didn't hurt the game otherwise it is crystal clear it ruined the progression of a char in a RPG

Well maybe I'm am one of those 56? Btw also the 419 are counted towards 420 for some add-on so dunno
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-02 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You mean the game that's slower than BFA in rotation (complaint about BFA A from the community.)
    Is nothing but a long ass grind (Complaint B from the community about BFA)
    Really has nothing to do outside of raids and Dungeons (Complaint C from BFA community)
    Balance is an absolute mess (Complaint D from BFA community)

It's almost as if when you take pety emotions out of it wow complaints have been the same since day 1
    [citation needed] otherwise is a pile of bullshit claim

Also I can't imagine what there is to do outside Raid and Dungeon in BFA mhh

I just resub because i need a PvP game in my life.
    WoW is the one for me.

Im currently playing "support Tank" specs.

Decided to level up 100% via Battlegrounds with a Brewmaster Monk Pandaren.
    Listening to pandaria music on the background and supporting my team.

Its been a wonderful experience.

Im currently level 115...100% with BG's. (well...i needed to level to 111 to get the PvP braket of BfA...so 90%)

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Each to their own, but I could never imagine playing WoW as my only game...I've been playing MMORPGs since 1992 (back then MUDs) - it would be awfully boring. There's no amount of "content" that wouldn't feel like a chore if you never did anything but play WoW....

I dip into boardgames, play with my D&D group - and then some casual PS4 gaming (Pinstripe was quite good!) and take on a large story driven single player RPG (Witcher 3) and run around shooting people (Division 2) - gives you perspective to other game systems and it's also helluva lot of fun!

Here is the tricky trick, why you are playing D&D? Because the RPG sense and ofc the "playing with friends an adventure" that usually is spreaded over weeks, now what is missing from BFA rn?

yes.
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-02 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Well what else is there to add when the game back then was pretty much perfect?
    apparently alot because they had a few patches after 2.2...

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the tricky trick, why you are playing D&D? Because the RPG sense and ofc the "playing with friends an adventure" that usually is spreaded over weeks, now what is missing from BFA rn?

yes.
    None of that.
    rpg sense it has, no where near D&D but still is an RPG
    it still has TONS of playing with friends
    and is over many weeks...
    i dont see your point

5+ Year Old Account
    Mm I feel like its the opposite, this xpac is super alt-friendly and super easy to gear in. No legendaries and account-wide heart levels and knowledge has removed a lot of the time gating.

I'm working on my fourth alt and am two ilvls away from 400 ilvl with at least a 12 key done on four diff characters (main did a 17 this week p happy about that.) Granted M+ is my forte, if one was to not enjoy M+ I could def see how it feels dry, but I don't see how it would be different from any other xpac.

And even aside from M+ and Raids you have rep WQ's, assaults, toys mog and etc as well as war campaign and professions and island farm. On top of that characters that have never done Legion have the entire class campaign and related quests to do too.

Personally I feel like there's so much to do I won't be able to do it all before next patch.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

- - - Updated - - -

None of that.
    rpg sense it has, no where near D&D but still is an RPG
    it still has TONS of playing with friends
    and is over many weeks...
    i dont see your point
    Well probably because not play D&D nor read the other bolded part.

I mean you have no idea about what RPG is if you don't see any issue in BFA, but don't reply because usually you go off the rails posting random stuff.

Well probably because not play D&D nor read the other bolded part.

I mean you have no idea about what RPG is if you don't see any issue in BFA, but don't reply because usually you go off the rails posting random stuff.
    how am i going off rail when i am literally talking about what you are talking about.

and yes an RPG is a role playing game, we play roles, we... play... and its a game.
    pokemon is an RPG but is there resistances, gear, talent points, and classes? no, because its a different game.

wow is still an RPG even if you dont want to call it that.
    what in your eyes makes it "not a RPG"

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    Yes they did but they added more quality of life stuff in the way of the LFD thing and more story. The taking away began in Mists but really gained traction in WoD and Legion. No wonder people say the game has so little to do in it nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Yes they did but they added more quality of life stuff in the way of the LFD thing and more story. The taking away began in Mists but really gained traction in WoD and Legion. No wonder people say the game has so little to do in it nowadays.
    lfd was not in TBC...
    also what the fuck does that have to do at all with "they added voice chat as a major feature for a patch"

Funny that you choose Pokemon as RPG comparison when you can't TF a catch and get a Blastoise just before Brock ( of you started with Charmander )

But nbm

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I'm doing the same thing i've done since Vanilla. Farm herbs, run dungeons, and raid on my schedule. It has never changed, it has never wavered. Every single expansion, I have done the same exact thing.
    100% facts, this has always been the case

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I just had to come to terms with that I am not the target demographic for "modern WoW".
    Play Classic on a private realm, if you want to enjoy WoW again.

I finally did, after being skeptical for a long time (and not being too fond of the idea that the server can get shut down at any time by a cease-and-desist), and I am having a blast rerunning the oldest, jankiest parts of the game. Trying out Classic, even on a private realm, proved at least to me that no, I am not tired of the game itself or gaming in general, I am tired of the instant gratification design, simplification of classes and removal of all uniqueness, the homogenization of classes (and removal of unique elements, like feeding a pet as a hunter, or restocking reagents for poisons as a rogue) and the fact that everything is designed to be easy by default.

It's actually amazing just how much less fun I have when I go onto BFA, until my sub ran out (again). I log in to Bore-All-O'-Us scanning for WQs that maybe grants something I benefit from, but feeling like nothing I set out to do actually matters. I don't care about gear because I don't raid or do high m+.
    It's sad to know that a lot of people reading that reacts as if I say I don't actually enjoy THE POINT OF THE GAME, but hey, a large portion of current players hasn't experienced anything else.
    For most of the game's lifetime I was more than content leveling characters (because leveling wasn't a joke), doing dungeons (because you could actually wipe if you didn't pay attention, and bosses did hurt), gathering rare gear and the occassional epic wherever I could find them, and maybe pug a raid now and then and I had more fun doing that than getting showered in gear for no effort whatsoever.

I don't even care about AP because I have all rings unlocked already on my current gear. Hopefully 8.2 will remedy that a bit at least.
    Everything is designed to be easily clearable even as a newly dinged 120. I've done all dungeons but I can't even name a single dungeon boss' name, because the dungeons themselves are pretty much pointless. Zerg 3-4 of them and you'll never have to run a heroic again.
    I do not enjoy m+ where it's all about beating a timer, instead of actual strategy and improvement. 1 wipe = rage.

BFA feels like it's been designed by an AI that tries to understand what people find fun in video games, and also trying to appease every single type of player there is.
    Oh players like running dungeons, so let's make sure they are clearable in 20 minutes. People enjoy raids, so let's make sure the barrier of entry is as low as possible. People enjoy "power progression" so let's give them something to farm (AP), but players don't like to die or fail, because that's tedious, so let's make sure even a poorly geared dps can solo most WQs. People enjoy getting powerful gear so let's throw it at them with weekly loot pinatas they can't fail at. You can only remove so much of the actual hardships and obstacles before people actually stop caring about the rewards. BFA has crossed that line by far.

The game has slowly "evolved" to what is most likely most economical if you look at "modern gaming", ie easy to jump into, very upfront, and quick to sizzle out. Blizzard doesn't design the game around having people able to play daily for months without getting "done".
    Or, simply put:
    Classic: MMORPG
    BFA: ARPG
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-04-02 at 03:08 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

lfd was not in TBC...
    also what the fuck does that have to do at all with "they added voice chat as a major feature for a patch"
    LFD first UI was added in TBC

Wrath upgraded it with the Role selection

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    Yeah thoes "hard" dungeons back then, eh?