Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That’s a really weak excuse.
    But this is the modus operandi of a lots of fanboi here so I rather prefer getting called liar than getting stalked

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Sure it can be.

This is a RPG not a MOBA, so it is plausible to think that you want to play your char, grow it and getting rewards based on your effort or the difficulty of the content you are doing.

So maybe getting a huge reward for doing nothing isn't exciting like getting it for doing something challenging?
    No, it literally can't be, or some MMORPG would've done it and captured all the players in one swoop.

Fun and what feels rewarding is always subjective. "A huge reward for doing nothing" you say? I have yet to login and be showered in the rewards I care about.

Have fun being inevitably banned though, seeing as how you can't carry yourself without resorting to the "fanboi"-card to feel better about yourself, which is a no-no.

7+ Year Old Account
    But this is the modus operandi of a lots of fanboi here so I rather prefer getting called liar than getting stalked
    Lol getting stalked? Seriously... what are we gunna do? find you ingame and follow you around?
    yeah no, your a red handed liar and well... get rekt
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yet again i reach the conclusion casual PvP'ers are the luckiest group in WoW.
    We enjoy the actual gameplay of random BG's.
    We actually enjoy the game and play without any rewards.

Probably the most beautiful thing WoW has right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    No, it literally can't be, or some MMORPG would've done it and captured all the players in one swoop.

Fun and what feels rewarding is always subjective. "A huge reward for doing nothing" you say? I have yet to login and be showered in the rewards I care about.

Have fun being inevitably banned though, seeing as how you can't carry yourself without resorting to the "fanboi"-card to feel better about yourself, which is a no-no.
    You have to ask OP so because it isn't subjective to get more or less excited based on the reward.

So you have to ask OP what is making not exciting for him.

" I don't like getting myth gear quality doing m+" it is subjective.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Yeah, that's why like 90% of the players have disappeared. Remember when Blizzard use to brag about the player numbers, "it's the population of [insert country here]". Now it's fucking Lichtenstein, people in denial, chasing their own tails, praying to RNG god, until the next carrot is being thrown to them by the "brilliant game designers". I wouldn't let them design me a shithouse...

The should really move the ion shitstorm to Diablo Immortal and bring some fresh talent into this formally-known-as-game, now a mount-pet-gold vending machine with shitty RNG, copy pasted from Diablo.
    Oh no, not this again. The game is almost 15 years old. It still has millions of people playing it. Paying to play it. (Whether they pay with money or gold. If they pay with gold it's because someone else paid money.) The vast majority of MMO's that have come out in this game's lifetime were gone within 2 years. And what do the current popular MMOs that aren't WoW have in common? They're accessible to casuals.

Ion IS the fresh talent. He's only been in the industry 10 years. He's one of us, he raids or raided on the very high end and he understands the game and he understands business. Unlike a lot of people, surprisingly, he knows that it's important to the health of the game to keep the casuals happy because they keep the show running.

- - - Updated - - -

If I link my char people like you and felplague will try to check every past raid to tell me I didn't do that raid so I can't really criticize wow.
    I don't care about your past raids, I don't care if you started playing this expansion and just started raiding this tier. I want to see your character that has only done sporadic +9s and world quests and is in the top 56 ilevels in the world.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I love to play BFA. Theres a lot of character progression available as a casual gamer.

You're part of a crowd that's always existed. No matter the title, people fall out of love/motivation to play and ascribe it to some arbitrary design, as if any company has objectively been capable of inspiring love and motivation to play in customers. If a company did that, they'd rule the market.

Do something else until such a time that you feel like playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunachar View Post
    If similar threads keep popping up all the time, it's a sign of something being wrong in the game.

I wouldn't go so far that I would play Pandaland quests all over again just out of sheer boredom, but currently getting to watch the rear of my void elf chick is a bigger motivator for playing than the rest of the game's max level content. That's bad. Back in the days I used to charge into battle eagerly time and again to wipe the floor with demons, scourge, Horde filth, crazy cultists and the like. Now they have all gone into politics, and you can't legally kill them. Now I just try to avoid all the grindy fighting WQs if possible.
    What astonishing logic.

That means there's never been a time when there wasn't something wrong with the game. Flies in the face of people pretending that the game was flawless before a certain cutoff point.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-04-02 at 04:47 PM.

And so? If multiple thread are spawning maybe it is a symptom that there is something in the game that is the cause?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah dude the Mcguffins of Creation where so much more lore-intensive than the Horde trying to end the threat of the Alliance once for all in one swoop at Teldrassil and only managing to invite the wrath of the blue faction as a whole.

Seriously now, I'm curious to see how this war will finally end, in the same way that I was curious to see the motivation and final fate of the Burning Legion in the past expansion. We ended the fucking Burning Crusade in Legion, and I believe we'll finish the Faction War in BfA. Just wanna know how.

People in this thread still refuse to say exactly what exciting and challenging content they did when they exhausted a patchs solo content in past expansions like for real what was there to do other then dailys (WQ's now)or being afk in the city while playing another game, because thats all i did in the past when i finished a patch's solo content.

Raid/PvP or die just like the last 15 years.

You all are just bored after playing this game for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Triadne View Post
    Tldr :
    What about the story do you feel motivated by in this expansion?

Hi,
    I'm finding it really tough to care about this game at the moment. So much so, that I went back to pandaria and spent 5 nights doing the old cmapaigns and lfr that I haven't seen before. It was so much fun and it made me realise I just /care for bfa stuff so far. I am alliance monk and I chose to do tiragarde first and I'm finding it really hard to feel motivated with this lame recruitment story. The things that are supposed to be the meat of this expansion are surprisingly absent. I'm not really doing anything that feels like I'm helping azeroth and I'm not engaging in any meaningful cmapaigns against the horde. I'm just trying to recruit these kul tiras. It doesn't feel important. Not like the quests for the frikkin pillars of azeroth in order to fight off legions of demons!
    I am thinking I must be mad because I get the sense people like this expansion... Is it just me? What do you feel motivated by in this expansion?
    The story takes a back seat for me in a game like WoW. I enjoy the story even though it has its flaws, but that said, I play the game for the end game. Getting together with online friends in 4-29 man groups to clear m+ dungeons and work on mythic raids. That’s my motivation. My motivation does not revolve around some giant story and how every single story arc has to be amazing.
    That said, you compared getting pillars of creation, items of power that just involved small bands of warriors (you and allies) going into enemy territory to recover something, to that of going into enemy lands and feral territories to literally recruit an army to bring back the feel of Horde vs Alliance. If you don’t enjoy that, it’s on you and there is nothing wrong with that; but personally, I get tired of all of the world ending threats and sometimes enjoy minor stories like BfA once in a while.
    Make no mistake, I’m not saying BfA is an amazing story, but it’s not terrible and as I play for end game, I don’t really care too much if it is. When I want story, I’ll go play a game like Kingdom Hearts or The Last of Us, or any other number of games that is much better.

- - - Updated - - -

And so? If multiple thread are spawning maybe it is a symptom that there is something in the game that is the cause?
    Or people just aren’t content with being another voice in the crowd and want to make sure their angry post is read as much as the last angry post.

You're part of a crowd that's always existed. No matter the title, people fall out of love/motivation to play and ascribe it to some arbitrary design, as if any company has objectively been capable of inspiring love and motivation to play in customers. If a company did that, they'd rule the market.

Do something else until such a time that you feel like playing again.

What astonishing logic.

That means there's never been a time when there wasn't something wrong with the game. Flies in the face of people pretending that the game was flawless before a certain cutoff point.
    Well, when the game didn't actually exist there were absolutely no threads about it, and that means... I think we're onto something here!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post

Or people just aren’t content with being another voice in the crowd and want to make sure their angry post is read as much as the last angry post.
    Or maybe not and are people like you that don't like other people criticize the game you are enjoy?

Could be anything

But since we already saw the Azerite drama since day 1

MAYBE

There is another issue with BFA?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunachar View Post
    If similar threads keep popping up all the time, it's a sign of something being wrong in the game.

I wouldn't go so far that I would play Pandaland quests all over again just out of sheer boredom, but currently getting to watch the rear of my void elf chick is a bigger motivator for playing than the rest of the game's max level content. That's bad. Back in the days I used to charge into battle eagerly time and again to wipe the floor with demons, scourge, Horde filth, crazy cultists and the like. Now they have all gone into politics, and you can't legally kill them. Now I just try to avoid all the grindy fighting WQs if possible.
    yeah these threrads have popped up since vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that 420 ilvl doing, gotten a link yet?

Or maybe not and are people like you that don't like other people criticize the game you are enjoy?

Could be anything

But since we already saw the Azerite drama since day 1

MAYBE

There is another issue with BFA?
    I don’t care if people want to criticize the game. It’s their right to. The response was about why people don’t post in other threads about the exact same topic instead of making a new one.
    I understand though, comprehension is difficult when your main concern is to look superior instead of accurate.

Nobody romanticizes 6.1
    Plenty of people romance the fuck out of TBC.
    Doesn't change the fact that it was billed as a major patch which essentially destroyed an expansion. Until that moment, WoD was still considered good. Then we got selfies. At least in 2.1 we were able to go to BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I don’t care if people want to criticize the game. It’s their right to. The response was about why people don’t post in other threads about the exact same topic instead of making a new one.
    I understand though, comprehension is difficult when your main concern is to look superior instead of accurate.
    That because, if we look at any criticism thread people are focused on the OP post and even if other people join to add their similar pov are ignored.

I mean in this thread people in the 17th page were still thinking about QUANTITY instead of QUALITY of content, so basically 90% of users doesn't read even the first post.

That because, if we look at any criticism thread people are focused on the OP post and even if other people join to add their similar pov are ignored.

I mean in this thread people in the 17th page were still thinking about QUANTITY instead of QUALITY of content, so basically 90% of users doesn't read even the first post.
    Don't even talk about reading when you're:

- blatantly lying about your so called mysteriously char at 420 ilvl doing +9
    - defending a title EXPLICITLY SAYING '"There's nothing to do in WoW anymore", hinting at quantity. It's the fucking title of the thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude careful, you are talking to a world top 60 player my bro, he might shrek you in a 1v1...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that it was billed as a major patch which essentially destroyed an expansion. Until that moment, WoD was still considered good. Then we got selfies. At least in 2.1 we were able to go to BT.
    oh no idk if you know but people were ALL OVER the forums crying about 2.2 being absolute shit and was going to kill the game.