Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I pretty much agree with you OP. The entire theme of this expansion fell flatter than flat.

I feel like a ton of people were extremely apprehensive about the idea of an expansion based around faction war, hell, I could've told you it'd be bad before it even came out. Whatever the opposing faction is isn't a compelling enemy because nobody actually believes that anything that happens in this expansion will have a lasting consequence. Our "victories" are hollow and half-hearted, and the expansion as a whole suffers badly from a tonal dissonance with about 70-90% of the story being a buildup with virtually no payoff.

I don't really agree that there has to be some huge stakes in order to make the story feel good, but BfA fails in that they give you no real reason to care about these people, their problems or their story. I feel similarly about the Kul Tirans as I do about Ramkahen; sure, it's a neat city and the people are pretty interesting or flavorful, but I have no real reason to care about their fate other than some abstract shit about needing ships. It's a boring reason and a boring motivation to introduce a new continent and as a result I'm fucking bored.
    To a lesser extent the feeling also extends to Zandalari, although they're definitely more involved and interesting than Kul Tiras could ever hope to be.

As much as it almost feels dirty to say so, I have to say that WoD's Shadowmoon and Frostfire did the split-faction story so much better than BfA ever could hope to. We had legitimate reason for wanting to recruit these people considering lorewise we were literally stranded in an alien universe that was like our own but completely hostile to us. The leveling experience in a short amount of time gave us not only a reason to want to help these people with what at the time seemed like inconsequential tasks but there was a sense of importance to our mission considering the inevitable regrouping of the Iron Horde and likely reconstruction of the Dark Portal to resume their attack on Azeroth.

Hell, MoP as well. We land in Jade Forest - again, a split storyline for each faction, where we're split up and there's an emphasis on faction conflict but said desire for conflict ended up biting both factions in the ass. MoP's story was very broad and meandering but it felt extremely purposeful considering your mission suddenly went from "Destroy the opposing faction" to "Learn about these people, learn about this continent and try to understand more about the secrets it has buried under the surface." It felt like the idea was that after the events of the Jade Forest your character decided to heed Yu'lon's advice and begin your own personal journey.

What I'm getting at is that there was a lot of compelling, if not particularly deep, reasons to personally care right off the bat in the two other expansions in recent times that had some sort of lean on the faction war story. Putting all that aside and just telling us "be friends with these people, do what you have to do to earn their trust" is like the story equivalent of a fucking rep grind.
    Thank you for this awesome thoughtful reply, it really made me feel a lot better being able to relate to others. I made my thread because I couldn't seem to find anyone who is feeling the same as me. I get that people have been complaining here at mmoc but Google didn't show me any of it and nor did the forum search. It's the shortcomings in the narrative that have been making me sad and you hit the nail on the head. I think I mainly need to look forward to playing horde side. I've a new nightborne monk to play with at some point.

I appreciate all the other comments to my post from everyone but somebody merged my thread with another huge one and I'm getting confused trying to sort through the replies and figuring out which ones were replies to my thread. I really wish they hadn't done that as I can no longer read and thank and reply to you individually, so thanks all, I am outta here for now.
    Last edited by Triadne; 2019-04-03 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You can save the topic a lot of bad posts by phrasing it better and saying there is nothing "engaging" or "enjoyable" to do or the idiots will nitpick since there is "technically" stuff to do.
    but there is .

your problem is that its not engaging for you .

i played for 4 hours last night - 2 hours it was doing tides of vengence campaign because i finaly get my zandalari rep to exalted . it was engaging because story told was interesting .

then i leveled my priest a bit - relearning how to heal on it - it was engaging 2 hours.

then i did 1 arathi wf on main because farming those 750 badges takes time (and its 15 badges this way ) - was a lot of fun at the end when i did over 200k dps while pulling all packs and boss at the end of instance and got couple of whispers "wtf dude" :0

if you dont like game - take a break - enjoy something else.

but a lot of people still find it enjoyable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weallscream View Post
    This sounds like a sad life.
    i wonder . what i found over years is that monotony relaxes people . they know what to expect and it gives them escape from stressful life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HazySwayze View Post
    again, just play something else? no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to sub month after month. also, back in vanilla there wasnt a great deal of "clearing raids" by most people, seeing that lfr wasnt a thing. most people consider clearing something in lfr seeing that content when in reality its not, and if thats your particular issue, playing any game on "easy mode" more or less will get boring quickly.
    i really doubt that people who make those whining threads about no content are the target audience of lfr -_-

Actually, after all the support I received in reply to my feeling that there was no motivation in the story, I sat and I looked at my character and thought for a bit about how she is feeling. It became clear. After sargeras plunged a sword into azeroth, I returned on my journey home to find it in flames. My beloved teldrassil was ablaze, and who do I have to blame but that damn banshee queen! So of course we attacked undercity but alas we did not have the strength to win out. Sylvanas escaped. Now we have no other option but to strengthen our numbers. I realise now that my mission is very important. I must win over this immense power of kul tiras army and naval force to gain overwhelming strength to destroy the banshee queen and at the same time sabotage the horde's plans. Its all clear now. Now I feel like what I am doing is worthwhile.
    Last edited by Triadne; 2019-04-03 at 07:21 AM.

People, for some odd reason, believe that it was Blizzard who killed the game. I don't believe the game is dead or bad in any way, but I will say, like Google Chrome, the community is what tailored the game's outcome. As a society we want instant gratification; thus, welcome to how the world of Azeroth has adapted to that model.

There is still content that won't ever be done by players outside of the dedicated few. There are 5,320 people in the world that have completed the Battle for Dazar'alor on Mythic difficulty. You're talking about a tenth of a percent of the playerbase at best. There are plenty of goals to set for yourself. Now, if you feel there isn't any worthwhile content in WoW for you these days, then perhaps the game has ran its course and you should move on?

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    did you already kill mythic Jaina or got gladiator ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    3k rio done? M Jaina killed? Got Glad?
    These "arguments" were retarded already in WotLK, they didn't somehow became more intelligent since.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not even sure what that means. Vanilla was a joke when it came to difficulty and there is no way around that. Unless you define hard as taking a long time but thats a tad silly, is it not?
    That why i asked the definition of "hard" in wow for you because even BFA is pretty much a joke.

Refrain to asking M Jaina because it is like asking to you if you did Kelthuzad in Vanilla.
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-03 at 07:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Exactly. At the core of it where it matters this game over the 15 years has changed less that your ea sports game changes year on year.
    The things that do change--the personal things--the way you play your class, the way you think about your character, class or spec have become more annoying with each new expansion and class rewrites.

I have a theory that one of the great problems of BfA is less the GCD changes but more that the developers did not think hard enough about the flow of how a spec works and how that plays with the GCD. It's true the game is slower. That slowness is much more noticeable to players who care about such things due to choppiness in how skills are deployed and lost GCD's due to spell cooldown and cast times that were not adjusted properly to work with the changes.

This causes many specs that were once a lot more fluid to be awkward and more difficult to play well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but there is .

your problem is that its not engaging for you .

i played for 4 hours last night - 2 hours it was doing tides of vengence campaign because i finaly get my zandalari rep to exalted . it was engaging because story told was interesting .

then i leveled my priest a bit - relearning how to heal on it - it was engaging 2 hours.

then i did 1 arathi wf on main because farming those 750 badges takes time (and its 15 badges this way ) - was a lot of fun at the end when i did over 200k dps while pulling all packs and boss at the end of instance and got couple of whispers "wtf dude" :0

if you dont like game - take a break - enjoy something else.

but a lot of people still find it enjoyable

- - - Updated - - -

i wonder . what i found over years is that monotony relaxes people . they know what to expect and it gives them escape from stressful life.

- - - Updated - - -

i really doubt that people who make those whining threads about no content are the target audience of lfr -_-
    I'd rather have something new and engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The things that do change--the personal things--the way you play your class, the way you think about your character, class or spec have become more annoying with each new expansion and class rewrites.

I have a theory that one of the great problems of BfA is less the GCD changes but more that the developers did not think hard enough about the flow of how a spec works and how that plays with the GCD. It's true the game is slower. That slowness is much more noticeable to players who care about such things due to choppiness in how skills are deployed and lost GCD's due to spell cooldown and cast times that were not adjusted properly to work with the changes.

This causes many specs that were once a lot more fluid to be awkward and more difficult to play well.
    That was noticeable since BFA Alpha, the shift from Legion to BFA destroyed a lot of specs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather have something new and engaging.
    "engaging" levelling with heirlooms and afk in a warfronts.

You can call everything "content"... some people will argue that going fishing in Goldshire is content and WoW therefore has plenty of content. That debate will lead nowhere.

The real question/debate is: How much fun and engaging content do WoW have? Now I do realize that fun is subjective. I will argue that e.g. Warfronts and Island Expeditions are not fun or engaging. That's my opinion.

The problem with WoW is also the broad target audience. They are trying to make a game that appeals to everyone which is just no possible. There are players who like Dark Souls and there are players who like The Sims. Those two target groups should clearly not be playing the same game, but Blizzard are trying to target them both and thereby create a wierd hybrid monster.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-04-03 at 09:14 AM.

Again.

It's not that there isn't anything to do. It's that most of the content outside of raiding is not quality you'd expect from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Again.

It's not that there isn't anything to do. It's that most of the content outside of raiding is not quality you'd expect from Blizzard.
    Hard to explain to some people here when they also for 9/9 M and 3k r.io ( which isn't even WoW original content)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    There is plenty to do in WoW. Unless you have cleared ALL of the content available, which, if statistics from past expansions prove to carry roughly the same weight, less than 2.5% of the player-base has. So no, not a dumb post. But try again.
    This logic makes no sense. So I guess only 2.5% of the players have the right to complain if something doesn't satisfy them? Or, more likely, everyone has a skill ceiling/preferred gameplay and sticks to that?
    I don't know about the state of the game now, but my endgame was usually clearing the latest raid on heroic, running enough RBGs for a vicious mount, getting a good time on all M+. I am going to judge the game based on what I like to do(and what I am capable of doing), not based on quantity of things that do not interest me. People complaining about the state of the game right now are not saying there isn't content, just that the content provided is boring.
    Saying that one needs to complete EVERYTHING in the game before stating one does not like it (and why would anyone put themselves through that if they don't like the base core anymore), is like posting on a Dark Souls forum complaining about some mechanics and being told to complete the game with 0 damage at starting level before having an opinion about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    People in this thread still refuse to say exactly what exciting and challenging content they did when they exhausted a patchs solo content in past expansions like for real what was there to do other then dailys (WQ's now)or being afk in the city while playing another game, because thats all i did in the past when i finished a patch's solo content.

Raid/PvP or die just like the last 15 years.

You all are just bored after playing this game for a decade.
    Nope, there's actually a big difference between current WoW and the Good WoW - it's just a long list of things that people generally don't want to get into. Besides, people that really think current WoW is okay won't accept the facts...they'll constantly say "You're just bored of the game you've been playing forever" "Take a break and come back" "Quit and find a new game or deal with it"

This "argument" you present is a horrible one. If a multitude of players find something wrong with the game, it's their place to voice their opinion. Otherwise, how is something they don't like supposed to change? By quitting or taking a break? Hell no.

These are the only things you guys can come up with - rather than telling us what's better about the game now than it was back in previous expansions. Nonetheless, I'll try to tickle your fancy with what I personally think is horribly wrong with the game, compared to previous expansions - mainly Vanilla, BC, and Wrath.

Community
    World of Warcraft - an MMO - is no longer a true MMO. You can FULLY play this game solo and obtain the same strengths (gear) as anyone else that plays this game. This in itself is not an MMO anymore. A MASSIVELY multiplayer online game that doesn't require or even encourage you to interact with another player. I can log into WoW once a week, queue into LFR, and obtain MAX item level gear without saying a word to another player, let alone really needing to play my character (auto-attacking the boss works just fine in LFR).

Need gems, enchants, potions, etc? Go to the auction house and buy the scrolls - no need to go out and farm your own mats for crafted gear, enchants, ore for prospecting, then have to ask in trade chat and bargain with players to improve your character.

No need to worry about the way you interact with players on your realm because you'll most likely never play with them, compared to back in the day where most pug groups or guilds were known, and players of high stature were recognized in the community. Others were known to be ninja looters, scammers, or just plain bad and those people had to change or not get to high level content.

CRZ as most people will mention has destroyed communities. I play on Mal'Ganis, one of the highest populated servers, and will log into seeing NO ONE. I'll be sharded to a barren wasteland at times, and this destroys my experience with the game. Sharding eliminates much of what I've noted above, and reduces the demand of players to be good in a community.

Gearing

My lord, this is the worst gearing has ever been, it's absurd. I'll start with a personal example, then I'll get into specifics. At the launch of BfA, I played my rogue, 110-120 in about 11 hours. Was okay geared, group of my irl friends were the first to get into mythics within our guild, was actually having fun. After clearing every dungeon, I walked out with TWO pieces of gear, while my DK tank was nearly full geared in mythic dungeon loot. No safety net like a badge system, no guaranteed loot at the end of a run, just pure RNG - and that's all BfA is - a glorified slot machine. In the following weeks, our guild would clear heroic uldir and start mythic. During these weeks, and upon clearing the max ilvl cap for m+, I received ZERO upgrades within 4 weeks from my weekly chest - all the while people that could barely clear full normal were receiving huge item level upgrades - surpassing my ilvl and dps - all because of RNG.

Like I mentioned, there's no guaranteed loot at all anymore. My time and effort should simply be rewarded. If I farm 20 hours a week compared to someone else 5 hours a week, my character should be more powerful - that's how an MMO works, but this is not how BfA works. Put in a badge system, so when I farm for hours on end, I can buy a piece of loot that is actually good for me, not the RNG titan residuum BS. Let PvP players earn honor or conquest so that they can buy PvP gear to improve themselves in PvP. Let the time and effort that I put into my character show in terms of strength compared to the player that has put in minimal effort.

Raids and Dungeons

I'll just start by pointing out the obvious - raiding is completely pointless apart from the achievement of killing the bosses - that's all. No gear advantage, no strength advantage, no reaction from the people on your server - nothing.

Remember seeing someone with Grand Marshals gear and Thunderfury back in Vanilla, Warglaives in BC, Shadowmourne in Wrath? A warlock with full tier 6 gear and the demon wings? These players were badass, worked for what they got, and everyone wasn't running around with these items compared to now. Players saw exactly what another worked for - it wasn't covered up by transmog. Players sat on mailboxes to show off their gear and players inspected them - giving them a need to go work for it themselves. How many players have you inspected lately because just by looking at them, you KNEW they were at the top of PvP or PvE?

Just spam m+ 10, which is hardly a challenge with a little bit of gear, and that's all you have to do. Hell, farm m+7 for a while and you'll eventually get enough warforged/titanforged gear to match that of a MYTHIC RAIDER. It's not even comparable in difficulty, yet people are rewarded the same. Go put the hours I put in to farm nature resist gear for AQ, go farm fire resist gear for MC, go swing aimlessly at mobs for hours on end to level up weapon skills and unarmed skills. My time and effort were rewarded back then - it does not now.

Class Tuning/Balance

I'll start off harsh here again, because I believe it to be true. Anyone with thumbs can play many classes in the current state of WoW (at a high level). BM Hunters, Death Knights, Ret Paladin, Destro Lock, Warrior and Demon Hunter - just to name a few. The simple rotations and the little need for awareness of these classes is shocking. My evidence personally comes from playing PvP against these classes. Players are able to back pedal, keyboard turn, not CC and still destroy their opponents. The next time you go against one of these classes in PvP, look at the damage run down with a damage meter (Details for example). You'll find that most damage these players are doing is PASSIVE, not constant actionable abilities (Auto attack damage, Rend, Virulent Plague, Pet Auto Attack, or a single spell account for 80+% of their damage done).

Taking away snap-shotting and putting most spells on the GCD was the worst thing possible, and took away much of the skill to play classes. These passive gains that players no longer need to track (trinket procs, class buffs/procs, etc) and the slower paced game play with the GCD changes allows a player that backpedals and keyboard turns to compete against someone that has been 2200+. This notion is not one an MMO should have in it. I urge you to look back at Affliction Warlocks in Cata and MoP. The good warlock was on top of the meters, while the bad warlock was on the bottom of the meters - as it should be. With snapshotting, a bad player would NEVER come close to someone that knew what buffs they had up. Now, as long as you know your 3-4 button rotation, that's all you need to worry about, and you'll do just as good.

Open World Content

This is the last thing I'll mention. There's a lot more that I could compare, but I don't want to write a book. World Quests are a nice addition to the game, however, have become pointless. Much like Legion, world quests were great at the start, but also became pointless. How did they make them relevant again? They allowed a players time and effort of doing them to be put back into their character via wakening essences and legendaries. Imagine giving titan residuum for completing WQs and opening up the caches. The world would be flooded back with people, as it gives GUARANTEED max ilvl azerite pieces and you can even CHOOSE the traits - it would be silly to ignore that.

Furthermore, back in older expansions, node camping, HK farming and PvP strongholds (Zang, Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand) were prominent forms of things to do. Shared nodes were another HORRIBLE thing they put into the game. No need to fight for the best farming locations, no need to call on your friends or guild to help you, and no benefits for players that did compete in these areas of the game. I remember camping many locations for mote/primal farming in BC and Wrath. I did anything and called upon whoever I could to secure these locations as they were very important for enchants and crafting. Or having a friend message me to come kill a hunter that was farming his herbs in sholazar basin. You just simply don't have these interactions anymore. Just sit back, wait for the horde or alliance to farm the node, and you stay behind their path to farm the nodes afterwards.

With PvP strongholds, they could improve on the iterations of what they had in BC. Zonewide buffs to whoever captured the points to give players more exp, more from gathering, etc. There is little to no incentives to go out in the world when most of what you do to better your character is queue-able.

I pray for the success of Vanilla, and hope we get BC, Wrath, or even MoP servers. Those time were a lot better than the hell we're in right now.

Fin.
    Last edited by Vorality; 2019-04-03 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    So basically they are not making money out of pure subs but need to milk player through : BI-Monthly Mounts and Race Change when they release new races.

A bit different than Legion mhhh where they could have done extra buck only with people subbing to finish tower mage for example?

You are just a whale for Blizzard, no matter if there will be 1milion sub before 8.2, if those buy any mount pet or whatever they sell on the shop it will be easier for them rather than making actual content to make 3 milioni people subs back.
    ---------

No, it is an addiction if you continue play no matter what, but we already see that there are people that quitted or went on a break waiting for classic or 8.2
    How am I a whale? I have never spendt money on any of that besides a server transer a few times over the years. I hated wod and unsubbed through it all. Months back I unsubbed from wow again. If I ever wanted a class/race at max level I have done it the normal way, by leveling.

Im just telling you how it is. Blizzard dont NEED 10 million subs like they did before. They get so much money from other revenues these days. They dont NEED top notch quality content anymore, cause they can just throw a silly pet, mount or introduce a new allied race and people will throw money at it. I dont know who these people are, but they are out there doing it.

I have never spendt money on shit like that and I never will. I also always just unsub the moment I find the game not worth it. Be it for months or even a year. There others games out there to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    That was noticeable since BFA Alpha, the shift from Legion to BFA destroyed a lot of specs.

- - - Updated - - -

"engaging" levelling with heirlooms and afk in a warfronts.
    This is why LOTRO is there for me. Way better cities and villages, huge environments and RP possibilities.

This sounds like a sad life.
    Not if you enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Winner, winner.

The only thing that has changed are the people playing it. Chasing nostalgia and the ignorance of their youth from when they didn't know better.
    I tend to think when people look back on their WoW days and how "great" it was, that greatness was based on other factors in life along with age around that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    3 the only thing that killed the community is the players. If you can't make the effort YOU are 100% the problem. Not some qol addition that allows shift workers to have a chance at playing the game.

Oh I forgot only those who no life or can be on a set time without fail are worthy enough to play mmos. Because reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. At the core of it where it matters this game over the 15 years has changed less that your ea sports game changes year on year.
    People just want to hop on the classic bandwagon. They will surely be disappointed when that time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You can call everything "content"... some people will argue that going fishing in Goldshire is content and WoW therefore has plenty of content. That debate will lead nowhere.

The real question/debate is: How much fun and engaging content do WoW have? Now I do realize that fun is subjective. I will argue that e.g. Warfronts and Island Expeditions are not fun or engaging. That's my opinion.

The problem with WoW is also the broad target audience. They are trying to make a game that appeals to everyone which is just no possible. There are players who like Dark Souls and there are players who like The Sims. Those two target groups should clearly not be playing the same game, but Blizzard are trying to target them both and thereby create a wierd hybrid monster.
    they really are not.

BfA took certain course and its 100% following it.

its has clear goals and is designed in 1 certain way .

that way started with gcd to slow down game , pruning of abilities to make it more accesible to regular people , removal of ML to get rid of abuse in game , nice gear aviable from world content to do casual folks something to do , nice progression in form of azerite to collect and focus on casual play.

the reason why you are angry is because its completly different then what you would like.

but the amount of people i see everyday in wow is proving that most of people couldnt care less what whiners on forum say and enjoy the game a lot.

go play something else if you dont like it.

its clear that blizzard is doing everything they can to get rid of certain toxic elements from their game - and luckily they are succeding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    People just want to hop on the classic bandwagon. They will surely be disappointed when that time comes.
    that bandwagon is artificialy speed up by few stremers who never succeding in streaming retail wow and hope to rip benefits of streaming classic

they will do anything to succed - even lie to poor bastards who never played vanilla - oh boy how dissapointed they will be because they have no clue how boring and slow uninteresting gameplay awaits them .

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I just had to come to terms with that I am not the target demographic for "modern WoW".
    Play Classic on a private realm, if you want to enjoy WoW again.

I finally did, after being skeptical for a long time (and not being too fond of the idea that the server can get shut down at any time by a cease-and-desist), and I am having a blast rerunning the oldest, jankiest parts of the game. Trying out Classic, even on a private realm, proved at least to me that no, I am not tired of the game itself or gaming in general, I am tired of the instant gratification design, simplification of classes and removal of all uniqueness, the homogenization of classes (and removal of unique elements, like feeding a pet as a hunter, or restocking reagents for poisons as a rogue) and the fact that everything is designed to be easy by default.

Or, simply put:
    Classic: MMORPG
    BFA: ARPG
    Some people truly cannot comprehend this. WoW is not the same game it was. It appeals to an entirely different type of player.

When a player asks "Is there anything to do?"... it's a clear indicator that what there IS to do, doesn't satisfy that player. Over time, people are getting over their compulsion to play their characters. The addiction is being broken, and people are just not playing anymore.

Current players still defending the game as it stands now, do not realize just how precarious a position modern WoW is in. It's reaching a point where profitability is dropping below an acceptable amount for ActiBlizz... and a move toward a mobile offering of some sort will be coming.

I am a firm believer that if the devs returned to what made earlier WoW so addictive and successful that they could revitalize WoW. I just don't think Ion has it in him.

- - - Updated - - -

but the amount of people i see everyday in wow is proving that most of people couldnt care less what whiners on forum say and enjoy the game a lot.

its clear that blizzard is doing everything they can to get rid of certain toxic elements from their game - and luckily they are succeding.
    During the "free" weekend I logged in to get some time tokens and farm a couple old raid mounts. While online, I made it a point to see what servers people are from. I counted at least 6 different servers CRZ'd together.

The game is not healthy... it used to have that much hustle with only ONE server... now the people you see are just ghosts. If you think Blizzard is purposefully "getting rid of toxic elements"... then it seems everyone is toxic. Because the game is down from 2 million players to who knows... maybe less than 2-3 million worldwide.

No, they are making the game more toxic by making WoW into a lobby game bent on speed and rng. I know, I know... you know better.

Well... good luck with that. The game YOU love is going to be ending soon. (No literally... the writing is on the wall for modern WoW) And tehre will be Classic releases for those who loved it in other incarnations. Maybe you;ll enjoy the mobile game they develop.

they really are not.

BfA took certain course and its 100% following it.

its has clear goals and is designed in 1 certain way .

that way started with gcd to slow down game , pruning of abilities to make it more accesible to regular people , removal of ML to get rid of abuse in game , nice gear aviable from world content to do casual folks something to do , nice progression in form of azerite to collect and focus on casual play.

the reason why you are angry is because its completly different then what you would like.

- - - Updated - - -

that bandwagon is artificialy speed up by few stremers who never succeding in streaming retail wow and hope to rip benefits of streaming classic

they will do anything to succed - even lie to poor bastards who never played vanilla - oh boy how dissapointed they will be because they have no clue how boring and slow uninteresting gameplay awaits them .
    Why are you so angry and negative? There is no need to be that aggressive.

Blizzard do target a very wide audience with WoW. You have:

- Mythic Raiders
    - MDI contestants
    - Pet collectors
    - Mount collectors
    - Players who enjoy levelling
    - Achievement runners
    - Players who enjoy the lore
    - And many more...

WoW can be played in so many different ways and it will naturally be challenging to create high quality content for all types.