Thread: Arms in M+

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms in M+

I see so little Arms doing mythic keys, so I thought I could come out of the cave and shed some light into this.

I'm only a 1k rio pleb, but I'd like to push past +15 keys. If you think my stat weights are bad or if I could change something, go for it. I average 20-22k dps in overall data, and single target is about 18-20k depending on crit. Here's my Warrior: https://raider.io/characters/eu/stormrage/Sarila
    And this is a quick SS of my character info in-game: https://i.postimg.cc/MKBwDcxk/Wo-WSc...119-201853.jpg

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    if you are pugging, you will have hard time, if not impossible to get invited into 15 as arms, let alone 15+, you need to convince them that you are the best, and that is via raider.io score or 9/9 mythic jaina, which both u do not have sadly, the only way is pushing your own key.

however if you are running with group of friends, play around the arms niche which is burst AOE that evolves around CS and BS, try to get 3 CS and 2-3 BS azerite traits, since that is the only thing arms is good at, decimating big trash pulls in short time, your single target will be a burden as arms.

normally you have to go CRIT>MAST in dungeons, to push your niche, but if you want to push 15+, my only advice and maybe many other warriors is, play fury.

i am arms freak and lover, but that how WoW life goes.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible? sure, getting 15+ on all dungeons is more than doable for any class / spec. Speaking as a warrior in a 9/9 M guild myself though, you will have a much easier time doing it as fury or protection in the pug world. Prot is currently the king of M+ tanking, and fury does respectable single target / cleave on up to 5 targets.

The main issue for arms warriors at the moment is that we don't really excel at anything. I mean sure, we have the CS > BS combo to get things down, but you can get a DH or an outlaw rogue that does everything you can do, but better, in addition to tons of utility.

My advice to you is that if you want to pug your way into 15+ keys, do it as either fury or preferably prot. However, if you can get yourself a decent group, you can pretty much spec whatever you want. That said, best of luck on your keys
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

If you're in a 10+ and your overall is only 2k higher than your single target then you are pretty much crap at managing cooldowns and must be barely using SS.
    My dh is almost as well geared as my warr and apparently dh is op and i'd say if it does more overall it is less than 1k, though I will grant it has utility off the scale in comparison.
    you should be pissing 25k at least overall, make sure you have bs+wb for reaping or at least within 10-15secs so you rage spend on the first few that come in.
    and that isnt with me giving a crap whether fervor or war machine is better in m+ im just using my raiding single target talents.

I always play arms. I simply cannot play as fury. No matter how I try my dps as fury is always lower than when I play arms. I do M+ on +13 difficulties and HC raid oly. Mostly I top the dps meter and worst case come in 2nd place.
    I do not get how fury warriors pull their dps. Even if I perfectly pull my rotation, it is always lower than my arms. Also, I hate titangrip, it looks ridiculous. Bring back Single Minded Fury and I will drop arms in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I always play arms. I simply cannot play as fury. No matter how I try my dps as fury is always lower than when I play arms. I do M+ on +13 difficulties and HC raid oly. Mostly I top the dps meter and worst case come in 2nd place.
    I do not get how fury warriors pull their dps. Even if I perfectly pull my rotation, it is always lower than my arms. Also, I hate titangrip, it looks ridiculous. Bring back Single Minded Fury and I will drop arms in a second.
    You're gonna love this, but have you considered that maybe you don't actually pull your rotation perfectly?

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    You're gonna love this, but have you considered that maybe you don't actually pull your rotation perfectly?
    You are talking with a person who has been playing a warrior since original release but yeah sure why not. I love it.

You are talking with a person who has been playing a warrior since original release but yeah sure why not. I love it.
    Then whats the real reason you suck as fury?

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk

You always played arms, you always sucked with fury. Since ever. Yet you'd drop your favourite spec of all times for your spec you always sucked at instantly? Well, that doesn't make sense

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always play arms. I simply cannot play as fury. No matter how I try my dps as fury is always lower than when I play arms.
    Do research, gear appropriately, push buttons better. In the end, it's simply math that Fury is miles ahead of arms in most scenarios. I even went arms just to test the waters for Mythic Opulence to trade all hall dps for Super Sayain Opal boss dps and no, it's just not as good.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by RivenXIII View Post
    You always played arms, you always sucked with fury. Since ever. Yet you'd drop your favourite spec of all times for your spec you always sucked at instantly? Well, that doesn't make sense
    1- That "always" was related to the current season.
    2- I used to be Fury in ICC with shadowmourne plus %50 base crit.
    3- I am not +20 guy pushing the leaderboard. I play what I seem to like. More like class fantasy. Of course I would drop it. I loved having two swords in each hand. I try to do the same thing with uldir main hands if playing fury (via transmog)
    4- My fury dps being lower might have something to do with my pc. Too much staggering. Especially when using whirlwind.
    5- It does change the fact that I am either first or second dps whatever mythic I run.
    No point in discussing. I never ever said; Arms is better than fury. What I am saying is I play as arms in myhtic and it is all good. My logs,raider io is all there. Same name. Gref-OCE-barthilas. Myhtic parses.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...c=Arms&zone=20
    raid logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...ty=4&spec=Arms
    Last edited by Gref; 2019-04-14 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never ever said; Arms is better than fury. What I am saying is I play as arms in myhtic and it is all good. My logs,raider io is all there.
    I'm not sure what is 'all good' unless you play with people who like carrying DPS. This is really no personal attack, but you are parsing 80s against other arms warriors, meaning not only is your damage low b/c you are arms, but you are also lower than the high end arms. You don't really even have mythic kills to compare against, but here is my profile with heroic kills:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e#difficulty=4

Feel free to look at the mythic ones as well. We're only past Opulence, but I think the results are there. Some nights I play poorly, others I have a lot of raid responsibilities, others I'm playing at my personal maximum potential. I am definitely the exception as warriors go, since their lack of mobility and lower tier damage don't make them compelling picks for a melee dps slot.

I'm our melee captain and I wish we didn't have more than one warrior, just for shout.
    BAD WOLF

@Kelimbror, I stay with my statement. I play myhtic dungeons as arms, parses there. I play as arms in hc raids, parses are there. I am not a mythic raider, not a try hard. Of course I will be lower than high end but what I see is arms is all ok. Not as good as fury but it is not unplayable bad. Somewhere in the middle. I can hold enough dps to time +10-13 keys. All good. I do not have time to be a top end player anymore. What I am trying to say to the op is if he likes, sure he can play it. if he is trying going for top end go ahead and spec fury.

I say again; I never ever said fury is better than arms or I am a top player. I said, I play arms. Fury whirlwind and bloodthirst drops my fps, all that stutter does not help. Where as mortal strike or op or blade storm I never have this problem. my case is technical. Plus my dungeon performance is much better compared to raid ones. Nobody is carrying me. Anyway no point in discussing

If he wants to go push harder and harder, go fury. If he is content with casual hc raiding or 10-13 keys he can stay arms all he wants.
    Last edited by Gref; 2019-04-15 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he wants to go push harder and harder, go fury. If he is content with casual hc raiding or 10-13 keys he can stay arms all he wants.
    Aw yeah man, if you just want to do it and you have friends that will do it with you just go have fun. I'm not judging you, just not understanding what the argument is about really. This game is setup so that people only take the best of the best and it's already hard to convince any of them that should be any kind of warrior outside of tanks in high M+. Sucks, but yeah...you just gotta do what you can do to play the game you want.
    BAD WOLF

@Kelimbror exactly what I wanted to say. There will be always best of the best specs,talents. Like who the hell picks that whirling axe talent (i even forgot its name as it is absolutely irrelevant) I got mocked playing arms 2 times in keys with pugs still topping. There are always toxic people. if he wants to go for high keys fury is the one.

What does that have to do with anything?

First of all, you've only been playing fury or arms for 8 months, like the rest of us.
    Second, the extreme difference between every single iteration of fury and arms expansion to expansion means that there's no residual advantage to someone who started playing it in Classic compared to MoP compared to Legion, to now.
    Third, If you're saying you don't know how fury warriors pull the dps they do, despite playing your rotation perfectly, the obvious conclusion is you're not playing perfectly. Especially if you're doing less than you do in arms in anything other than mass burst aoe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fury is pretty straight forward.. I like it more then Arms mostly because I hate the damage window type of combat.

sounds like my guildleader who refuses to play fury

guess who's almost always on the bottom of DPS because literally everyone else plays a spec that is competitive
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

So far in M+ I'm doing either on par or better than other classes.
    I feel like our problem in M+ is not damage of arms or even the existence of fury. It's prot. Since it's one of the most common tanks, people just don't take a second warrior.

I raids the difference is way more notable, but again, we're a casual guild, so people are not perfect and I'm usually in the top half of DPS meters, right after our DH group.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    So far in M+ I'm doing either on par or better than other classes.
    I feel like our problem in M+ is not damage of arms or even the existence of fury. It's prot. Since it's one of the most common tanks, people just don't take a second warrior.

I raids the difference is way more notable, but again, we're a casual guild, so people are not perfect and I'm usually in the top half of DPS meters, right after our DH group.
    Hi. You are wrong. The problem of arms/fury is the 0 utility Compare to others like dh, rogue. So we need back at least shockwawe.