Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah so instead of being a anti PC badass you just support censorship of a different kind. Dude I’ll speak how I fucking want you don’t have to agree with mine or anyone else reason. As long as it doesn’t break the rules such as targeting someone here. So be it.
    I've never, at any point, supported censorship of this type at all. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of many people here, and the hypocrisy of saying this is free speech. Free speech rarely protects inflammatory statements and it definitely doesn't shield someone from retaliation from inflammatory statements.

  2. #102
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    36,648
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I've never, at any point, supported censorship of this type at all. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of many people here, and the hypocrisy of saying this is free speech. Free speech rarely protects inflammatory statements and it definitely doesn't shield someone from retaliation from inflammatory statements.
    You either support free speech and are against censorship or you’re not. The moment you suggest what language is or isn’t consumed it’s censorship and as I’ve already said I’m not for free speech specifically hate speech. But hey at least I’m honest and consistent about that.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  3. #103
    There is no "free speech" here. We are talking SPECIFICALLY MMO-C.

    There are forum rules. It's as easy as that.

    Well, these rules could use some work. As things are now, the rules are not applied consistently and correctly. There is a huge margin of "error" on what gets infracted and what not. Since there are many moderators, and the rules are VAGUE, each of the mods will have a personal interpretation of how a rule is supposed to act.

    Let me give an example.

    - person A calls me a "F**king R****D". This, I would typically laugh it off. It tends to get infracted OFTEN.
    - person B calls me a "Nazi propagandist" or "altright". Now, this I don't take lightly any longer. This rarely gets infracted.
    - person C calls my content as Nazi, and smears my sources as Nazis. Even if this is not accurate, and is discrediting my content, this pretty much never gets infracted

    Yet all of these are variants of trolling and flamebaiting.

    The problem is made worse by you being unable to respond in kind, with sarcasm and snark, without getting infracted. Let's just say, even being MILDLY provocative can result in infractions.

    Yet what in the 100 hells is more provocative than trying to label somebody as a genocidal, anti-Semitic mass murdering criminal?

    Because this is what Nazi means. When you get smeared as such, the picture in people's minds is not of a shitposter or troll, the picture is of mass graves, decaying emaciated bodies, and unrepentant, cold blooded murderers enduring trial.

    This is not OK.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    There is no "free speech" here. We are talking SPECIFICALLY MMO-C.

    There are forum rules. It's as easy as that.

    Well, these rules could use some work. As things are now, the rules are not applied consistently and correctly. There is a huge margin of "error" on what gets infracted and what not. Since there are many moderators, and the rules are VAGUE, each of the mods will have a personal interpretation of how a rule is supposed to act.

    Let me give an example.

    - person A calls me a "F**king R****D". This, I would typically laugh it off. It tends to get infracted OFTEN.
    - person B calls me a "Nazi propagandist" or "altright". Now, this I don't take lightly any longer. This rarely gets infracted.
    - person C calls my content as Nazi, and smears my sources as Nazis. Even if this is not accurate, and is discrediting my content, this pretty much never gets infracted

    Yet all of these are variants of trolling and flamebaiting.

    The problem is made worse by you being unable to respond in kind, with sarcasm and snark, without getting infracted. Let's just say, even being MILDLY provocative can result in infractions.

    Yet what in the 100 hells is more provocative than trying to label somebody as a genocidal, anti-Semitic mass murdering criminal?

    Because this is what Nazi means. When you get smeared as such, the picture in people's minds is not of a shitposter or troll, the picture is of mass graves, decaying emaciated bodies, and unrepentant, cold blooded murderers enduring trial.

    This is not OK.
    Dude, you don't get to hang out with or promote Nazis and then distance yourself from them with a "WELL ACKSHUALLY". This is why Joe Rogan is alt-right. This is why Tim Pool is alt-right. This is why Stefan Molyneux was considered alt-right, and he used to tantrum about it just like you, right up until the day he decided "white genocide" is a thing that exists outside the heads of insecure white dudes and openly declared himself to be "white nationalist".
    Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  5. #105
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    23,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    "The Holocaust didn't start with gas chambers." - Auschwitz
    well technically it didn't.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Dude, you don't get to hang out with or promote Nazis and then distance yourself from them with a "WELL ACKSHUALLY". This is why Joe Rogan is alt-right. This is why Tim Pool is alt-right. This is why Stefan Molyneux was considered alt-right, and he used to tantrum about it just like you, right up until the day he decided "white genocide" is a thing that exists outside the heads of insecure white dudes and openly declared himself to be "white nationalist".
    More quoting for mod visibility. Worth noting that as the topic continues to grow, we have more and more instances of EXACT this behavior.

    Let's analyze the post then.

    - you don't get to "hang out" with Nazis without being labeled as such. Fine. What is "hang out"? Is going with them for a beer, as an interview, enough? Looks like it. Does it matter if you strongly disavow what they believe in?

    Apparently NOT.

    - Joe Rogan is alt right. Well, well. Here we go. He gave a megaphone to controversial people. Milo was altright. Fine.

    But he also gave it to Gabbard, Yang, Kulinski, Jimmy Dore, Abby Martin, Matt Taibbi etc.

    So, now I can say that Rogan is a progressive, liberal socialist, mildly conspiratorial, russia troll, and Assad flunkey - is that how things go?

    Obviously, I cannot. Rogan is an individual, that might hold convictions from many different groups and ideologies.

    - Stephan Molyneux is a race "realist" and racist. Nothing against this one. I despise the guy. Always considered him insane and a wannabe cult leader. Nice to see how the poster HAS to draw parallels between me and Molyneux, so there seems to be a connection between how we think. It's a fallacy: "you throw a tantrum like Molyneux (this is no tantrum, these are calm arguments), you are most probably like him". I.E. a Nazi.

    When nuance disappears, and paranoia takes its place, this is what happens.

    This used to be a JOKE a while ago, and it was fine as such. Now it's no longer a joke, or funny. People are doing it SERIOUSLY.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well technically it didn't.
    I've already addressed that exact point a few pages ago with actual history. It's as fallacious as it gets.
    Last edited by CryotriX; 2019-04-02 at 09:50 PM.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  7. #107
    The Lightbringer Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You realize you are using the most obvious logical fallacy here right? Hitler was a Nazi therefore all Nazis are like Hitler. That's a fallacy.
    please do explain this "logical fallacy"

  8. #108
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    57,738
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    - person C calls my content as Nazi, and smears my sources as Nazis. Even if this is not accurate, and is discrediting my content, this pretty much never gets infracted

    Yet all of these are variants of trolling and flamebaiting.
    That last one there is generally not. Or calling political figures bad names would be infracted. Clearly, that's not the case, now is it?

    The rules on flaming apply to attacks on other users of the site, not people who aren't posting here.

    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    - you don't get to "hang out" with Nazis without being labeled as such. Fine. What is "hang out"? Is going with them for a beer, as an interview, enough? Looks like it. Does it matter if you strongly disavow what they believe in?
    If you're going out with them for a beer, or interviewing them for any purpose other than demonstrating how horrendous and abusive their views are and what terrible people they happen to be, then yes. You are providing support and encouragement for Nazis.

    If I found out a buddy was going to neo-Nazi rallies and had an 88 tattoo on his shoulder, he wouldn't be my buddy any longer.

    - Joe Rogan is alt right. Well, well. Here we go. He gave a megaphone to controversial people. Milo was altright. Fine.

    But he also gave it to Gabbard, Yang, Kulinski, Jimmy Dore, Abby Martin, Matt Taibbi etc.

    So, now I can say that Rogan is a progressive, liberal socialist, mildly conspiratorial, russia troll, and Assad flunkey - is that how things go?

    Obviously, I cannot. Rogan is an individual, that might hold convictions from many different groups and ideologies.
    Giving controversial people access to your platform, particularly when your platform has better visibility than they're used to, is a way to promote and support that controversial individual and their viewpoint.

    The same point can't be applied to people like Tulsi Gabbard, who is both not controversial and a major political figure.

    At this point, you're complaining that we shouldn't judge individuals for their own choices and behaviour, that this is somehow "unfair".

  9. #109
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    36,648
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    There is no "free speech" here. We are talking SPECIFICALLY MMO-C.
    No but you are proposing censorship, on MMO C and especially after you bitched about it on Twitter, and YouTube and everywhere else. You're a hypocrite.


    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    There are forum rules. It's as easy as that.
    Rules enforced in a way YOU don't approve of
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Well, these rules could use some work. As things are now, the rules are not applied consistently and correctly. There is a huge margin of "error" on what gets infracted and what not. Since there are many moderators, and the rules are VAGUE, each of the mods will have a personal interpretation of how a rule is supposed to act.

    Let me give an example.

    - person A calls me a "F**king R****D". This, I would typically laugh it off. It tends to get infracted OFTEN.
    - person B calls me a "Nazi propagandist" or "altright". Now, this I don't take lightly any longer. This rarely gets infracted.
    - person C calls my content as Nazi, and smears my sources as Nazis. Even if this is not accurate, and is discrediting my content, this pretty much never gets infracted

    Yet all of these are variants of trolling and flamebaiting.
    That isn't how this works, you introduce and post a video from YouTube of someone you obviously like enough, and you get upset because people give an opinion YOU and a handful of others go with your bullshit script of "Show me the Proof" Then what someone does give you proof, or gives you their reason, YOU and some others feel like you should be allowed to make the decision on whether it's valid even when it clearly is.

    But again that is YOUR opinion, others have the right to theirs and UNLESS the people you post are actually you and this is your anonymous account, you really aren't charged or responsible for defending them, especially considering they are public figures on a OPEN FORUM SOMEWHERE ELSE!


    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    The problem is made worse by you being unable to respond in kind, with sarcasm and snark, without getting infracted. Let's just say, even being MILDLY provocative can result in infractions.
    This is the why do I get a ticket for speeding, when someone else was speeding. Guess what, them breaking the rules and not getting caught yet, doesn't suddenly mean you should get to.


    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Yet what in the 100 hells is more provocative than trying to label somebody as a genocidal, anti-Semitic mass murdering criminal?
    Someone could say they thing the subject is the Real Life Bugs Bunny, as long as they do it in the context of their opinion, and aren't directly insulting anyone else, it isn't any more of an issue than calling someone a Nazi.

    YOUR problem is that you believe based on the ACTIONS of the people you post about that them being called Alt-Right and Neo Nazi is going to stick, and guess what, that isn't everyone else's problem

    And you aren't them, YOU don't get to determine what people should or shouldn't think and according to you, YOU disagree with forums doing that.


    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Because this is what Nazi means. When you get smeared as such, the picture in people's minds is not of a shitposter or troll, the picture is of mass graves, decaying emaciated bodies, and unrepentant, cold blooded murderers enduring trial.

    This is not OK.
    Yeah until or unless you do it like you did with Skroe right, trying to malign him as a Never Trumper or on Our Side vs Your Side bullshit, dude even according to your own rules, you break them whenever the fuck YOU feel like.

    You complain out of one side of your mouth, then advocate the same in another. The only difference is what YOU believe, and what language YOU agree with.

    Nah, I don't agree, I might disagree with the BS I see not getting called and those charged with it, but this sort of Nonsense is just about YOU

    If someone is insulting or flaming you Report it

    if someone is expressing an opinion you disagree with Ignore them

    If someone has an argument you disagree with argue, without engaging in the same bullshit you are complaining about.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  10. #110
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    57,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    please do explain this "logical fallacy"
    It's essentially affirming the consequent. Hitler is a Nazi. Therefore, all Nazis are Hitler. That's fallacious.

    Here's a more-obvious example to drive the fallacy home.

    Ted Bundy was a white man. Therefore, all white men are like Ted Bundy (and thus, cannibal serial killers).

    See how obviously-wrong that is?

    More to the point, "Nazi" simply means someone who believed in the political aspirations of the Nazi Party, and the Third Reich it established. It doesn't only refer to people who were literally exterminating Jews in gas chambers; it means a significant plurality of Germans in that era. Most of whom didn't know about the death camps. But were still Nazis. Still supported the rhetoric and politics that led to those death camps, even if they weren't consciously aware of it.

    Hitler, obviously, was completely aware of all this. He was one of the worst of the bunch (and I say "one of" because we can talk about whether the likes of Goebbels were "worse" or not). On the scale of evil from "innocent bunny" at 1 to "literally Hitler" at 10, most Nazis probably sat around an 8 or 9. But that's still not a 10, like Hitler.

    Nuance and context.

  11. #111
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    17,158
    Hold up. Lemme try to get this train back on track.

    GenOT is already a horribly-moderated cesspit that's like the worst of the comment sections on Breitbart and, IDK, Vox? squished together, in a tidal wave of nerd rage that would give Tucker Carlson and Lewis Black pause on their saltiest days, and you're drawing the line at 'X called something fascist/altright/SJW/etc.'? Weird hill to die on considering GenOT's already a punchline, but alright, let's feed this through.

    Free speech is protection from legal reprisal when you say something (and even then there's terms and conditions attached, see libel, slander, and incitement). It isn't protection from social consequences. So you're saying that people pointing out/enacting the social consequences of, say, Stefan Molyneux courting supremacists and ethnonationalists should be a punishable offense, while threads that devolve into people discussing the merits of carpet-bombing the southern US border should go unpunished because free speech?

    That is an awfully odd hill to die on, demanding someone's free speech be restrained because their sardonic replies hurt someone else's feelings, because the second person posted an intentionally-controversial thread meant to hurt feelings and rile people up. How far down the trollception rabbit hole are we going to go here?
    Battle for Azeroth: Now with more Morally Grey™!*

    ​*Morally Grey is about as morally complex as an episode of Whacky Racers.



  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah until or unless you do it like you did with Skroe right, trying to malign him as a Never Trumper or on Our Side vs Your Side bullshit, dude even according to your own rules, you break them whenever the fuck YOU feel like.
    Those were no smears. I didn't insult Skroe. I accurately described him based on what he describes in his posts. Furthermore, I was replying to Endus there, who already labeled Skroe as a "conservative".

    Skroe is a NeverTrumper. He is strongly and vehemently against Trump and the Republican party. He can publish a damn book from his essays on this forum, with a bit of editorial attention, of course. His avatar is showing what he thinks about Trump, i.e. that he "killed" American Freedoms/Liberty. I am pretty sure he has a signature as well, something containing "Trumphadis", but we cannot see it since he's banned.

    Also, I am unsure, but I don't think it was I who brought him into the discussion, it was Endus. I typically don't like talking about others directly, I prefer talking about ideas, and since Skroe is banned, I feel this is unfair towards him. Unlike others, I can rise above pettiness and recognize good aspects of people I disagree with. Hence me even defending Skroe when he got banned a while ago, in this same forum.

    NeverTrump is not even an insult. To compare it with Nazi is damn crazy.

    You really need to ask yourself why do you feel the need to continue applying these labels. Why is it important to you to call others Nazis and altright, even when they don't fit in the definition? What do you gain out of it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Hold up. Lemme try to get this train back on track.

    GenOT is already a horribly-moderated cesspit that's like the worst of the comment sections on Breitbart and, IDK, Vox? squished together, in a tidal wave of nerd rage that would give Tucker Carlson and Lewis Black pause on their saltiest days, and you're drawing the line at 'X called something fascist/altright/SJW/etc.'? Weird hill to die on considering GenOT's already a punchline, but alright, let's feed this through.

    Free speech is protection from legal reprisal when you say something (and even then there's terms and conditions attached, see libel, slander, and incitement). It isn't protection from social consequences. So you're saying that people pointing out/enacting the social consequences of, say, Stefan Molyneux courting supremacists and ethnonationalists should be a punishable offense, while threads that devolve into people discussing the merits of carpet-bombing the southern US border should go unpunished because free speech?

    That is an awfully odd hill to die on, demanding someone's free speech be restrained because their sardonic replies hurt someone else's feelings, because the second person posted an intentionally-controversial thread meant to hurt feelings and rile people up. How far down the trollception rabbit hole are we going to go here?
    No, carpet bombing the South US border would be genocidal and far more serious than larping neoNazis. Many of my posts deal with stuff that I actually consider consequential, war being one of them.

    As for Molyneux, he's a race realist, and probably a white supremacist too, at least a separatist/nationalist. And misogynist. And crazy.

    But these things are ACCURATE. Not smears. He said stuff that fits right in the DEFINITION. There's just no room to argue around it.

    PS: I've saw Breitbart comments and they are NOTHING like this. This site is squeaky clean in comparison. Those comments are 80% Jew hating, 15% woman hating, and 5% random hate.

    Sorry, but this site is actually decent.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

  13. #113
    Scarab Lord dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    4,757
    This thread is so deep, we need a second opinion from an unbiased source: @Preachgaming please come in and save us Dad

    - - - Updated - - -

    We already have rules against unwarranted smears, and a method to ban those individuals via report feature. Welcome to the forums

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Calling stuff you disagree with "Nazism", altright, white nationalism, commies, antifa, fascists, "postmodernist marxism", "cultural marxists", SJWs and so on.

    I am not saying don't apply these terms when they are fitting. Do that. If Richard Spencer advocates ethnostates, he's altright, full stop. If you go dressed in black/masked to drown conservatives in protests and your flags and insignia says Anti-Fascistic something something, you're Antifa, full stop.

    What I mean is there HAS to be a stop to the unwarranted, unfair smears. This is flaming and nothing else. All the topics that get posted that have specific people in them get drowned by people just going Nazi, Nazi, Nazi, which is the smear of choice because of how grave it is.

    Needless to say that this is 99% of the time completely derailing topics and results in increased needs for moderation and rule enforcing each time, and it's just a typical instance of the "boy who cried wolf".

    It should simply not be allowed to randomly paint people as something as criminal and evil as Nazis. Descriptions of people should not be based on IMPLYING and EXTRAPOLATING what their reasons might be, but should reflect their deeds and words instead.

    This simply has to stop. Again, nothing against smearing people accurately when they belong to groups of questionable morals and perspective. But one has to first fit there. The judgment is typically easy to make, at least for somebody that is not incredibly biased.

    Thank you.
    Welcome to the internet, please use the following list to establish your chosen smear:

    1) Left/Democrat: Socialist, Communist scum

    2) Right/Republican: Nazi scum

    3) Center: Chickenshit scum that cant committ to being an insane idealist for either side


    Hope this helps.

  15. #115
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    36,648
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Those were no smears. I didn't insult Skroe. I accurately described him based on what he describes in his posts. Furthermore, I was replying to Endus there, who already labeled Skroe as a "conservative".
    Doesn't matter, it isn't anyone else who started this thread but you, and YOU gave an opinion of Skroe I for sure disagree with, and I disagree with him most of the time, but going by your examples that is smearing.

    In other words using a description of him in order to devalue his opinion with others

    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Skroe is a NeverTrumper. He is strongly and vehemently against Trump and the Republican party. He can publish a damn book from his essays on this forum, with a bit of editorial attention, of course. His avatar is showing what he thinks about Trump, i.e. that he "killed" American Freedoms/Liberty. I am pretty sure he has a signature as well, something containing "Trumphadis", but we cannot see it since he's banned.
    Again with the not leading by your own example

    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Also, I am unsure, but I don't think it was I who brought him into the discussion, it was Endus. I typically don't like talking about others directly, I prefer talking about ideas, and since Skroe is banned, I feel this is unfair towards him. Unlike others, I can rise above pettiness and recognize good aspects of people I disagree with. Hence me even defending Skroe when he got banned a while ago, in this same forum.
    Somebody else's fault? No dude you clearly maligned him and you did it just now, your smearing someone who is an actual member here is far worse IMO

    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    NeverTrump is not even an insult. To compare it with Nazi is damn crazy.

    You really need to ask yourself why do you feel the need to continue applying these labels. Why is it important to you to call others Nazis and altright, even when they don't fit in the definition? What do you gain out of it?
    It depends on who you ask, and in any event NeverTrump is a label that fits your definition, the only difference between your definition and mine as it relates to Alt-Right or Neo Nazi's is an opinion of how it is applied in what context.

    As to why it is important to call bullshit out for what it is, I would like to use this post as a prime example. Because when people who post bullshit, scream about censorship come crying about name calling, and what they prefer others be called, I think it's important to have a perspective for where that comes from.

    Especially when so many are dishonest about it, as a means to try to trick or manipulate people into thinking, it's worse to call people Nazi's or Alt-Right, than to call people out specifically based on their race, gender or orientation for death, and harassment.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  16. #116
    Scarab Lord dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Welcome to the internet, please use the following list to establish your chosen smear:

    1) Left/Democrat: Socialist, Communist scum

    2) Right/Republican: Nazi scum

    3) Center: Chickenshit scum that cant committ to being an insane idealist for either side


    Hope this helps.
    You have it all wrong m8, let me correct this for you:

    Left/Dem: Cuck/Pansy
    Right/Rep: Racist/Bigot
    Centrist/Independent: Wrong/Benedict Arnold

    These are proper uses of smear that must be upheld if we are to separate ourselves from those FILTHY blizzard forums vs. the TRUE MIGHT and CHAMPIONS of the world: mmo-c.com forum posters

  17. #117
    Scarab Lord Sting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Your ignore list
    Posts
    4,892
    I dont have anything constructive to add I just wanna let @CryotriX know he's fighting the good fight. However, I don't know why you bother, this forum is a lost cause and not worth your time and effort.

    Signed, parttime shitposter.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

  18. #118
    Scarab Lord dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I dont have anything constructive to add I just wanna let @CryotriX know he's fighting the good fight. However, I don't know why you bother, this forum is a lost cause and not worth your time and effort.

    Signed, parttime shitposter.
    Thank you for all that you do for our great community. I also can appreciate a fellow mmo-c.com lover, and look forward to seeing all of your future posts

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah this is more deflection and nonsense.

    Everyone has been labeled whether accurately or not. It’s going to be actions and choices that determine if it remains. Trying to police language and people being nicer is censorship for no other purpose than protecting feelings.

    And shit people on this here complaining the most now don’t give a second thought about racist sexist or homophobic bullshit. Either trying to play it off as the truth or saying they were joking.

    But for the love of god don’t call someone being a racist homophobic piece of shit who advocates killing non whites or needing a white safe space a Nazi.
    Not sure what i'm deflecting tbh, since there is nothing for me to even deflect yet. You seemed to assume I was only talking about certain labels? Not exactly sure... why you think I'm "defending" or "deflecting" for the benefit of nazi labels when I talk about all labels.

    I said I doubt Cryotrix's plea will change anyones mind. Merely share his concern and annoyance about it because it is damn annoying when people do so.
    I'm not worried labels stick, this is a forums with a bunch of people neither of us know and I mentioned that I didn't really care much about it beyond a frustration, mainly cause I can't grasp WHY people do it if it's not for insults for reasons I've stated. I don't however take it personally.

    If people stop doing it, I would be glad and the world would be a better place for it but not once did I say we should silence people.
    Labels are silly because there aren't a unified defintion that works for everyone. No matter who you talk to, their definition differs from others. Sometimes few things here and there and sometimes bigger differences.

    Ideas and views are more important than labels and while ideas and views can steer you towards a label, a label won't dictate your views or ideas. Whenever someone asks me if I'm "insert label here", my usual response is "It's up to you", however that also depends since some are more defined than others.

    You seem quite pre-emptively defensive with your hyperbole btw. Not sure why you thought I was talking about we shouldn't call someone who calls for killing non-whites as a nazi. I was pretty clear in my post what I refered to.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-04-02 at 11:13 PM.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This really does not happen. I don't think I've ever seen anyone call Skroe a "Nazi" on here, for instance.
    For the record, this is where Skroe was mentioned first. Just to be clear, I am not saying Endus should not have mentioned him, I think it was an interesting point. So yes, it was not me.

    Of course, this won't stop a specific somebody to claim it was me who did it.

    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Something something, abracadabra, what happened is no longer real, another reality was constructed to replace it, and you can point to it in frustration, yet nobody will care.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Especially when so many are dishonest about it, as a means to try to trick or manipulate people into thinking, it's worse to call people Nazi's or Alt-Right, than to call people out specifically based on their race, gender or orientation for death, and harassment.
    I NEVER, EVER said this. This is a huge invention. One is just bad, another is ILLEGAL.

    This is how far the smearing goes. Anyway, thanks for providing plenty of examples of why this is wrong.
    "I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us. You have no moral right to rule us nor do you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear." - EFF, A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •