Thread: Vet ER.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck. My 15 year old baby just got diagnosed with CKD. Broke my heart. I know you're not much of a cat person- but it's hard to not love the pets that we share our lives with.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Best of luck. Had my share of pain from pet losses, wish we could have them match our lifespan.

Your is still young so it would be very good news if he pulls through.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Getting a pet water fountain is also a good idea, as cats prefer to drink from running water.

I bought my cat this one. He really loves it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Does that run continuously or like when the cat steps on it? I might get one, my cat loves running water. One of my bathrooms has his and her sinks so when I'm doing anything at one she'll sit at the sink I'm not using and loves it when I turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Could use thoughts and prayers for my cat, who has developed complications from his infection + had another medical issue arise and I had to take him to the ER at 3 this morning. It's not looking good.
    Your cat has youth on it's side which is really good, I hope all goes well.

My dog Penny died suddenly a few years ago from a condition that is basically a 50/50 survival and it was really rough to deal with. I love my pets and the only bad part about having them is the fact that they will die way sooner than us.

The worst part is some vets will try to milk you dry even when they know the changes are super slim which is unfortunate.

Could use thoughts and prayers for my cat, who has developed complications from his infection + had another medical issue arise and I had to take him to the ER at 3 this morning. It's not looking good.
    I'm so sorry to hear that Celista.

I had a similar experience years ago with our cat, when we sterilized her. Apparently she had a malformation at birth related to her sexual organs or her ovaries. I can't really remeber, but it was related with the reproducrive system. My cat was really affected by the operation and almost died. She had a slow recovery, but she survived thankfully. She's now 11 years old and healthy.

I just wanted to share this with you and to tell you that everything is going to be ok. I hope everything goes well with the operation.

Update: Cricket (my cat) is likely going to survive. It looks like the second antibiotic is taking effect and so far there is no sign of kidney or other organ failure. Three different veterinarians who work at the ER clinic have told me that it is a miracle that he survived.

I was going to tag every single person who replied here and PM'd me but I have so many replies/messages from members of MMO-C that it is truly overwhelming (in a good way). I actually teared up reading your messages and want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the well wishes. You are the reason why I love this website and continue to post here, thank you for representing the best of our community.

Update: Cricket (my cat) is likely going to survive. It looks like the second antibiotic is taking effect and so far there is no sign of kidney or other organ failure. Three different veterinarians who work at the ER clinic have told me that it is a miracle that he survived.

I was going to tag every single person who replied here and PM'd me but I have so many replies/messages from members of MMO-C that it is truly overwhelming (in a good way). I actually teared up reading your messages and want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the well wishes. You are the reason why I love this website and continue to post here, thank you for representing the best of our community.
    I am so glad your kitty is doing better!

Glad to hear it! Youth of the animal is always helpful with this kind of stuff.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Avoiding inappropriate jokes (sorry I always think of them, can't help it), I'm glad your cat is doing ok!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

So glad to hear things are looking up Hope the recovery continues without any setbacks! Best wishes to you both ^^

Awww, that's so sad. I pray and hope the best for you and your cat. I'm not religious though. My prayers won't help much, but I can hope for the best

Well after what was a long and kinda shitty day; that news is at least very welcome All the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So glad to hear your cat is going to pull through! I know it must have been a really scary and long night for you. Is there going to be any long term effects from this or is he good to go?
    They're doing the blood work today. Suspect there might be some long term effects to his kidneys but his values have been going down, so hopefully not. Fingers crossed.

He's going to have to be on a special prescription diet for the rest of his life, according to the vet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So glad Cricket is pulling through - you’ve really went above and beyond for this cat. Please keep us updated, as I’m sure we’d all like to know when he’s home and being his stubborn self again, lol.
    Haha, thanks. He should be going home this weekend. They love him at the vet clinic, he's quite a charmer when he's not getting into trouble. Super purr-y and snuggly with everyone.

They're doing the blood work today. Suspect there might be some long term effects to his kidneys but his values have been going down, so hopefully not. Fingers crossed.

He's going to have to be on a special prescription diet for the rest of his life, according to the vet.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, thanks. He should be going home this weekend. They love him at the vet clinic, he's quite a charmer when he's not getting into trouble. Super purr-y and snuggly with everyone.
    You just hope for the best. Our Cleo(patra) was bitten by a rattlesnake when she was 6 or 7. She was the one that brought home a stunned raven. She recovered after infusion of IV and heavy dose of antivenin. The vet thought she may have some lasting neurological damage since the bite was on her face. She ended up living to a ripe age of 20 and gave us lots of loving.

anything for the purrballs

hope he recovers to full snuggle capacity soon