Thread: Vet ER.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    no its really just being a dick for being a dicks sake. I'm atheist but even I wouldn't stoop to that level.
    That's just your opinion. If you took a moment to think about it rationally instead of just flinging emotions, you'd come to the same conclusion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    That's just your opinion. If you took a moment to think about it rationally instead of just flinging emotions, you'd come to the same conclusion.
    M8, OP explicitly asked for thoughts and prayers. Explicitly. Sole point of the topic. For a pet that's in poor health.

I don't give a shit if you have an issue with religion. That's between you and God (or your deity of choice, I don't care). However, do you really think now's the time or place? It's called basic tact and civility.

I will, out of respect for the topic and the OP's situation, not be engaging you (or anyone else) further on this topic in this thread. If you wish to take it elsewhere, see you there.
    Last edited by Reaper0329; 2019-04-02 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Neither the time nor place

10+ Year Old Account
    It's alright guys, Celista is quite familiar with MMO-C and the type of responses they'd get from a few special people.

Good luck, Celista.

Good luck Celestia! I know how hard it is, I have had to rush my cats to the emergency vets several times for different reasons over the years. Hoping your kitty pulls through!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Could use thoughts and prayers for my cat, who has developed complications from his infection + had another medical issue arise and I had to take him to the ER at 3 this morning. It's not looking good.
    Poor cat. My sympathies
    Hope he's doing fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0329 View Post
    M8, OP explicitly asked for thoughts and prayers. Explicitly. Sole point of the topic. For a pet that's in poor health.
    You are correct and the mods should have closed and infracted OP right away yet, they opted not to. Mods allowed it to get to this inevitable point by not enforcing the no religious topics rule of the forum so if you want to get shitty about people who think the whole thoughts and prayers thing is stupid, blame the mods for leaving it open.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2019-04-02 at 06:35 PM.

You never know with cats. Sometimes you're sure they're about to die and then they just spring back up and are fine again. When I was a kid, a dipshit (absolute dipshit) neighbor kid was hitting golfballs in our yard (we had a homemade driving range to practice from) and he, like a stupid fuckhead, hit a golfball really hard and hit a cat of ours who was only a few feet away. The cat was FUCKED UP. Like, blood from the mouth and everything. We put her in a box because, I dunno, we didn't have much else we thought we could do (my parents were, unfortunately, not going to spend a ton of money for a cat to go to the vet). She got progressively worse as the hours went by, until it was to the point she couldn't even fend off the swarm of flies buzzing all over her, which I was certain meant she was almost done for. I came out the next day to try looking for her, but her body wasn't in the box. I thought some animal must have carried the corpse off in the night, but lo and behold she was just chilling out in the yard. Seemed 100% fine from then on and never had any complications afterwards.

Another time, another one of our neighbors (who was a renowned and total complete shitbag that everyone in town hated) was setting up fox traps (think a bear trap but smaller) for cats, because I guess he didn't like local cats coming into his yard (wow how awful). He was (very illegally) setting them in our ditches and stuff, where fucking people could've walked onto them. We called the police once, but they didn't really do anything about it. One of the sweetest cats I've ever had, a tiny female calico, got her back legs stuck in one of the traps and literally just tore them free, kind of graphically removing all the skin and muscle off of them and exposing the bones. We found her mewing at the front door with maggots all in her legs and stuff, and put two and two together to realize she'd been trapped. We thought there was no fucking way she'd live, but she made almost an entirely full recovery (albeit her back legs did look pretty fucked up, but they seemed to function properly) and had a couple of litters of kittens some time later.

Cats are the cockroach of the mammal world. I hope your cat pulls through.

I hope your cat makes it.

Hope your kot will make it

Good luck, hope it turns out ok. I dont share sympathy for people like a lot of people on this forum pretend to do but we all love our pets. My next lizard will be a Caiman Brac Iguana. Besides being beautiful animals and somewhat affectionate for a reptile, they live for 50 to 60 years, so I wont have to be sad when it dies because I'll almost certainly die first, or be almost 100.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    You'll probably want to switch to crystal food, I'm going to suggest the wet food, since the dry did not work too well for my cat. I hope your kitty gets better and stays crystal free.
    Cats get most of their liquid needs from the food they eat. If a cat is drinking a lot of water it usually is an indication that their liquid needs arn't being met.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear lord! Hope all turns out well for you and your furbaby. I know how protective I am with our 2 and how much they are part of our family.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope your cat turns out ok!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

sending prayers
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    You never know with cats. Sometimes you're sure they're about to die and then they just spring back up and are fine again.
    I totally thought this was going to happen with my cat. He is 13 but always active and into things. Earlier this winter he was acting funny, barely awake, laying around all day but eating fine. I called my vet but since they can't touch him and he needs to be sedated it took me a a few days to get an appointment. The day before the appointment he was crazy all day, playing, meowing at me and acting like himself. I took him in anyways and everything was totally fine, they did blood work which came back perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Cats get most of their liquid needs from the food they eat. If a cat is drinking a lot of water it usually is an indication that their liquid needs arn't being met.
    My cat was on a restricted diet due to urine crystals, he drank a lot but it didnt help. My vet said he was hydrated enough.

My vet asked to send his info to the company because he was shocked it didnt help.
    Last edited by Ayla; 2019-04-02 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    He's a year and a half. Posted about it in another thread but he developed an abscess from an infection and he had to undergo a round of antibiotics, wound debriding and stitches. Looks like the antibiotics weren't strong enough and the infection might have spread. Second issue is that his bladder is blocked due to crystals, which is unusual for a cat his age, they think he might have had some some undiagnosed kidney disorder and there's a possibility of kidney failure.

They told me that if I hadn't brought him in within the hour he would have died. I fully believe this based on how he was acting.
    I hope your kitty makes it alright. I had a German Shepherd that developed kidney stones at about middle age. It is very treatable. Expensive, but treatable. He developed his at about middle age, and lived another 5 years after his second surgery.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

I'm sorry homey. Best wishes to you and your kitty @Celista.

My cats wish your cat a speedy recovery.

Poor cat D: Hope he recovers well!

*performs pray ritual for him*